PDA

View Full Version : Harrison's latest harsh words on Goodell

Atlanta Dan
10-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Silverback unloads on Goodell in USA Today - hope this is a sign he is feeling better:chuckle:

James Harrison is still seeking to regain his groove as a menace to quarterbacks after missing the first three games of the season following arthroscopic knee surgery, but the Pittsburgh Steelers all-pro linebacker is already in mid-season form when it comes to admonishing a favorite target: Roger Goodell.

Harrison told USA TODAY Sports that he doesn't believe the NFL Commissioner would be welcomed by players in the Steelers locker room, with bad blood lingering from discipline the league has handed out in recent years....

He says the ongoing battle between Goodell and the four players resisting discipline for their alleged roles in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal -- with Tuesday's appeals hearing postponed and pending court cases -- crystallizes the sentiment that the commissioner wields too much power.

"You can see the writing on the wall," Harrison said. "At first it was just the Steelers, now there are other teams having problems. It wasn't an issue when it was just the Steelers.

"We were the only team that voted no on the CBA, for the reason of how much power it gave a certain individual," he added, referring to the ratification vote by players after the collective bargaining agreement was struck in July 2011. "We didn't feel it was going to be good for that to be in the deal. As you see, it has not worked out well."...

Asked if he has discontent with union leadership for agreeing to a CBA that didn't address the Commissioner's power in a way he deemed suitable, Harrison said: "I don't know about our union leadership. If it's my son and I'm bargaining, I wouldn't have agreed to signing a deal that players would have such a problem with."

One of the NFLPA's executive board members, quarterback Charlie Batch, is a Steelers teammate who was involved in negotiations. Harrison doesn't have a problem with the information coming from Batch -- "As a team, we were like ridiculously 'no' against the deal," he said -- but said that he believes some union reps for some teams were either too eager to end the lockout or misinformed....

The linebacker's displeasure with Goodell is such that he contends that he rejected a request from the NFL to donate a game jersey to be auctioned for charity.

He said, "I will walk through hell in gasoline drawers before I let you have my jersey.":thumbsup:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2012/10/27/steelers-james-harrisons-strong-words-on-roger-goodell/1662335/

Bayz101
10-28-2012, 07:13 AM
Lol. I like the last blurb. Harrison gives his jerseys all the time on twitter, so for those who will undoubtedly begin bashing him for that comment, there ya go.

steelerchad
10-28-2012, 08:16 AM
I got no problem with him not giving his game jersey to the NFL for charity as long as he does it on his own. Why give them the credit if you disagree with the way you and your team has been treated by the same people asking you for goodwill.

austinfrench76
10-28-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm a Golden Flash so Harrison will always have a place in my heart and for the 1st time in one of these rant situations - I actually agree with him! Goodell is awful and so is the collective bargaining agreement and the power it gives him!

OX1947
10-28-2012, 06:22 PM
The commissioner should have the power to police his league. That is the point of a commissioner in all walks of life. The issue with Goodell is he is changing the game to the point of ruining what the sport is. The root of his disastrous tenure started with Spygate. That was the first sign that he was a bad commissioner.

It cracks me up how the current issue is the pro bowl now and how he wants to get rid of it. Competetive game wasnt an issue until his monkey ass came. Everyone before would just play the game like normal and be cautious too but still played the game. But he has instilled this sissy mentality of everything needs to be monitored when it comes to playing, man, I cant keep talking about it. Roger Goodell is a ****ing clown and the worst commissioner in the history of sports and it isn't even close.

GoFor7
10-28-2012, 06:26 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QkR9-UHsCoA/Ti-jM5xsUlI/AAAAAAAAAUY/fiNVlHAQOAA/s1600/AdolfGoodell-01.png

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

Wie wagen James Harrison kritisieren die große und mächtige Kommissar Goodell! Holen Sie mir Feldmarschall Kraft! Holen Sie mir meine Erschießungskommando! Diese unbotmäßigen Steeler wird so viel, dass das Defizit behoben werden bestraft werden! Er zahlt auch die Ravens 'Strafe für Lügen über Ed Reed Verletzungsgefahr!

HEIL GOODELL!

ETL
10-28-2012, 06:28 PM
gasoline drawer?

Atlanta Dan
10-28-2012, 06:33 PM
gasoline drawer?

Gasoline drawers - underwear made of gasoline that is likely to set your privates on fire as you run through fire:chuckle:

ETL
10-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Gasoline drawers - underwear made of gasoline that is likely to set your privates on fire as you run through fire:chuckle:

i didn't know this was such a common idiom - i just googled it and apparently - its a well understood phrase

harrison'samonster
10-28-2012, 06:44 PM
gasoline drawers is a new one on me