PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to NY!!!

NyGiantz
10-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Got a ton of love for you guys but this week we will be rivals. :hatsoff: to what should be a great game,

Fire Arians
10-28-2012, 08:40 PM
welcome. once again thank you for beating the most hated patriots in the super bowl again.

hoping for a good game next week. I honestly think most likely it will be a giants win, until our team proves it can perform on the road. tough test trying to prove that against the defending champions though, but there's always hope. the way our team has been playing the last 2 weeks makes me think we have a chance of coming away with the W, we'll see.

see ya next sunday.

Hawaii 5-0
10-28-2012, 08:43 PM
welcome. once again thank you for beating the most hated patriots in the super bowl again.

and the Cowgirls today, can't stand them and their arrogant fans and owner either. :drink:

Twentyvalve
10-28-2012, 08:49 PM
We are a commin' for ya son.

:drink:

Got a ton of love for you guys but this week we will be rivals. :hatsoff: to what should be a great game,

Atlanta Dan
10-28-2012, 09:12 PM

Welcome - hopefully with the Giants coming off 2 close division wins and having a comfortable lead in the NFC East they will let up next week :drink:

btaylor179
10-28-2012, 09:48 PM
yessaaaaaa

LVSteelersfan
10-28-2012, 09:54 PM
GIANTS ARE TOAST !!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! Wish I really felt that way. This game is one of the ones I had down for a loss this year. Giants defense is much better than Skins. We shall see if the Steelers Oline can keep them off Ben.

JPPis4Real
10-29-2012, 01:08 AM
What's up Steeler Nation!

Looking forward to our game. When I think of the AFC, I think of Pittsburgh, class franchise and fanbase, and the winning tradition. Can't help but like the Steelers, they remind me of my Giants. Hard to overlook when you think about it, both our QBs coming in the '04 draft and each bringing their respective teams 2 SBs up to this point, the Mara-Rooney connection, the rich history/tradition etc.

First game of the 2nd half of the season so naturally I feel like this is a very important game for us to try to cement ourselves as one of the top dogs in the NFC. So here's to a great game, no injuries on either side, and hopefully for me, a Giants win.

MasterOfPuppets
10-29-2012, 01:33 AM
i'd feel much better if it was in the burg , but its not. should be a good one.

Steelersfan87
10-29-2012, 01:45 AM
I'm a Giants fan too and cover their games as well as the Steelers, but there's no question I favor the Steelers. They also need this game a lot more. The Giants already have a 2.5 game division lead and have already been given 2 assists with the Steelers beating the Eagles and Redskins. Sucks one of them has to lose though.

Steelersfan87
10-29-2012, 01:47 AM
It's also cool to see some respectful Giants fans come in here. Maybe we could get a good discussion going here.

Bayz101
10-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Giants fans and just the organization as a whole is classy. Love it.

ricardisimo
10-29-2012, 04:54 AM

Looking forward to our game. When I think of the AFC, I think of Pittsburgh, class franchise and fanbase, and the winning tradition. Can't help but like the Steelers, they remind me of my Giants. Hard to overlook when you think about it, both our QBs coming in the '04 draft and each bringing their respective teams 2 SBs up to this point, the Mara-Rooney connection, the rich history/tradition etc.

First game of the 2nd half of the season so naturally I feel like this is a very important game for us to try to cement ourselves as one of the top dogs in the NFC. So here's to a great game, no injuries on either side, and hopefully for me, a Giants win.
Of which Mara-Rooney connection are you speaking? This one:
http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Rooney-Mara-Vogue-Magazine-November-2011-500x678.jpg

or this one:
http://www.offbeatenough.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/d1bfa__thumbs_rooney-mara-hot-1.jpg?

maddog78
10-29-2012, 09:30 AM
GIANTS ARE TOAST !!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! Wish I really felt that way. This game is one of the ones I had down for a loss this year. Giants defense is much better than Skins. We shall see if the Steelers Oline can keep them off Ben.

It's better, but it's not a great defense by any stretch. They've given up a lot of points to some bad teams, and at home, too.

Probably is, our defense may be without Troy, Clark, and Woodley. If that's the case, I don't see how the Giants score less than 30.

steelfury02
10-29-2012, 09:34 AM
I see some Ike PI calls coming up. I don't see the refs letting them get physical enough.

eric12401
10-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Giants fan here, should be a great game between 2 classy organizations. I'm a bit concerned about the speed of the Steelers' receivers against the Giants' secondary, but I think the d-line can get to Big Ben. It'll be a long day for the Giants if they don't get any pressure. Thanks for beating the Eagles and Redskins! May the best team win Sunday.

3rdandlong
10-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Both you guys come in and compliment the Steelers and their fans, so what can I say to that? Thanks for beating the Patriots in your last two Super Bowls.

Harris32
10-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Gotta have some love for beating the cheatriots not once but twice!! I will be at the game with my cousin whos a hugh giant fan and lives in the city as well! Hope we can pull off a tough road win!

JPPis4Real
10-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Of which Mara-Rooney connection are you speaking? This one:
http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Rooney-Mara-Vogue-Magazine-November-2011-500x678.jpg

or this one:
http://www.offbeatenough.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/d1bfa__thumbs_rooney-mara-hot-1.jpg?

:thumbsup: BOTH!

fansince'76
10-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I'll always have a soft spot for the Giants for serving up not only one, but two heaping helpings of STFU to all the Patriots ballwashers and sycophants.

FrancoLambert
10-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Giants fans and just the organization as a whole is classy. Love it.

Very true. Although they share the same stadium, Giant fans/games are completely different from Jet fans/games.
You can go (and I will this week) to a Giant game dressed in visiting colors and the most you'll hear is some good natured ribbing.
Jet games??......Well, good luck if you're wearing black and gold.

LVSteelersfan
10-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Victor Cruz, Eli Manning and Ahmad Bradshaw won me some money in my fantasy league last year. So I started watching them a lot and rooting for them. Not this year though. Couldn't get any of those guys. Other than that I am pretty ambivalent about any NFC team. Could care less who wins any of their games unless they are playing the Steelers or wanting them to beat the Ratbirds, Bungles or Clowns or Patsies. AFC all the way.

Steelersfan87
10-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Regarding the Giants' defensive line, the Steelers were able to handle the Bengals' line on the road pretty well, and that was with Legursky at center and Adams making his first career start. Call me crazy, but I feel pretty good about the o-line's chances of not allowing the d-line to dominate the game. I watch Giants games every single week and analyze them because I have to write about them, and to be perfectly honest they're not quite where they were last year anyway. Will Jason Pierre-Paul kick Max Starks' ass probably 4 or 5 times? Yeah. But other than that (and with Heath chipping at him as often as possible), I think the matchup is pretty even. It's going to be fun to watch. The thing I'm most worried about is preventing the big play.

Blitzberg06
10-29-2012, 02:50 PM

Should be a great game.

One thing that will be interesting to see is this.

Steelers aren't a great road team

Giants aren't a great home team

Lol wtf?!

Like the giants ever since the 07 superbowl cause they beat the PATS!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!:tt04::tt02::tt03:

maddog78
10-29-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm feeling good about this game. If we can keep the pass rush at bay, that defense is very beatable. Eli has been clutch, but you have to ask yourself why has he had to be?

Partly on their defense, partly on Eli averaging an INT per game.

steelfury02
10-30-2012, 10:18 AM
the thing about any team right now, AFC, or NFC, is that I can't sit here and say about any one team "Ugh, I don't want to be playing them right now."

Every team has a glaring flaw on one side of the ball or the other, or both

Fire Haley
10-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Can they even hold a game in NJ with no power?

I say move the game to Heinz field

We'll even wear the throwbacks again to even the field.

SteelersCanada
10-30-2012, 02:32 PM

:chuckle: am I the only one who likes the throwbacks?! They really grew on me during the game.

Hawaii 5-0
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM

no way the Giants agree to that after seeing how well we played in them...:tt02:

NyGiantz
10-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Marcus Gilbert, is he a big time player for you guys?

steelerchad
10-30-2012, 09:17 PM
He was actually pretty good last year, but didn't get off to a very good start this year. Adams filled in pretty well the last couple of weeks. The long term plan was thought to be Adams at LT and Gilbert at RT, with Starks being out.

Fire Haley
10-30-2012, 09:41 PM
I'll always have a soft spot for the Giants for serving up not only one, but two heaping helpings of STFU to the Patriots .

I must agree. I know a big blue fan, I still buy him beers.

tcseacliff
10-30-2012, 09:46 PM
i'd feel much better if it was in the burg , but its not. should be a good one.

that would be good too! lately we are so much better on the road. don't know why would really like to be more comfortable at home, (like Texas, for instance!) OH, snap Jerry! LMFAO! while you are waiting for the Blue wave right behind Sandy, here is our version of a storm coming your way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRqkf10bg10

See ya Sunday!

Fire Haley
10-30-2012, 10:16 PM
"The New York subways are scheduled to be closed for the next several days. Airline travel in the northeast has been scrambled.

But the Giants will host the Steelers on Sunday

The NFL told the New York Daily News' Ralph Vacchiano the game will be playedat MetLife Stadium as scheduled. There was no damage to the facility from Superstorm Sandy. Vacchiano added that the league will stay in touch with public authorities."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087901/article/superstorm-sandy-does-not-damage-metlife-stadium

Edman
10-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Win or Lose Sunday, I'll always have a soft spot for the G-Men for vanquishing the vile New England Patriots TWICE and being a nemesis to the Dallas Jerrahs, another team Steeler fans hate. Like the Packers, they are one of the few teams in the NFL I wouldn't be afraid to tip my hat to. They're a classic NFL franchise.

Super Bowl XLII was my favorite Non-Steelers Super Bowl ever, simply because the Pats were UNBEARABLE that year and it was an absolute joy to see them lose. So yeah, mad props to Eli and the Giants.

I hope to see a good game Sunday at MetLife, is all.

SoCalFan
10-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Adding to the fact that you beat the patsys, THANKS! Im sick and tired of seeing Vic Cruz do his salsa crap dance, come on dude, get ahold of yourself! Steelers are finally starting to gel and I do expect a tough road win!!! I also do want to see Elis pouty face after he gets smashed by the Wood! Welcome G-fans!!!

NyGiantz
10-31-2012, 07:56 AM
We are missing a few guys too. Chase Blackburn isn't a huge stats guy but he is a leader and makes our defense click so we will miss him against your offense. Is Mendenhall going to be back? Dwyer has been a beast

teegre
10-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Dwyer has been a beast

A beast... with good lateral movement... and smooth hip turn. :wink02:

tony hipchest
10-31-2012, 04:06 PM
not that im complaining, but how could the giants not be at a complete & unfocused disadvantage preparing for a game in the middle of that natural disaster? :hunch:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-31-2012, 11:21 PM
A beast... with good lateral movement... and smooth hip turn. :wink02:

Still no suddeness and glide. Still a BEAST.

Heck, everybody is a BEAST by the fan standards. Butler is kicking the ball like a BEAST. The guy out selling programs in front of the stadium entrance is a BEAST!!!! :tt04:

SteelersCanada
10-31-2012, 11:44 PM
This is hilarious. On Giants' message boards, they're all saying the Steelers have a very good chance to win this game and it's not an upset at all if either team wins. Most are saying they'll probably walk out of NY with a W on Sunday. Giants fans are saying that. Then, you go to the Steelers' forums and we're saying the Giants are probably the favorites and have a great chance of beating the Steelers at home. Even on neutral sites (espn, bleacherreport, nfl.com) Giants fans are saying the Steelers are going to win, and Steelers fans are saying the Giants are probably going to win. I don't know if you guys checked the day we played the Jets, but oh dear god - the sheer amount of idiocy and cockiness on all sites was ridiculous. It's amazing how fanbases shift so dramatically in one city from one team to another.

IowaSteeler927
11-01-2012, 07:36 AM
NY fans seem to be pretty chill from my experience. I know a few personally and all of them are respectful. Have never said anything hateful to me. There's always the good natured trash talk but none of the excessive stuff. Should be a good game. I see two teams that are kind of similar really. Decent defenses, really good receiving corps, and both teams with two time super bowl winning QB's at the helm. I'm pretty excited for this game.

steelfury02
11-01-2012, 10:09 AM
family member from Jersey that is huge Giants and Yankees fan. One of the best people to talk football with - baseball - ah, not so much - there as a great article questioning whether or not it is fun to be a Yankees fan - talk about lofty expectations year in and year out!

Fire Haley
11-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Tom Coughlin on the Steelers

"Pittsburgh Steelers. The tradition, we had talked about tradition in the National Football League. You don’t get any more traditional than the New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are 4-3, they’ve lost three games on the road and they’re a very, very good football team.

They are 11th in the league on offense, they are second on defense. They’re traditionally a tremendous, powerful football team, very physical football team.

They have an outstanding return game, they’ve had a couple of punt returns called back that were touchdowns. They have this young kid from Florida (running back Chris Rainey). They have an outstanding kick returner.

So, they do have a large offensive line. They have a group of running backs who seem to replace one another when injures do take their toll, with (Jonathan) Dwyer being the most recent runner. The receiving corps is outstanding. They have tremendous speed on the outside. In (Heath) Miller, they have a go-to, dependable tight end that has played very well. He provides Ben (Roethlisberger) with a reliable source that he goes to quite often.

Roethlisberger has the ability to extend plays, which he’s done throughout his career. Much has been said about the way in which they’ve directed and changed their offense over there. He has been well protected, he has not been hit nearly as much, nor is he forcing anything. He’s distributing the ball very well to any number of receivers.

Defensively, they’re powerful, they’re strong, and they’re an attack-mode team, just like they always have been. Multiple looks, the creation because of versatility of opportunities in terms of coverages, pressures, fire zones, all-out pressures on third down and in the green zone.

(Shaun) Suisham is kicking the ball very well. They have a young, rookie punter (Drew Butler) who has had one blocked, but has held up very well. So, this is an outstanding football team.

They defeated Washington last weekend, they defeated Philadelphia, and those are teams that we know very, very well. So, we’ve been studying them as best as we can over the last couple of days"

NyGiantz
11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah for some reason, perhaps the injuries to Polamalu, Harrison, etc, it seems like the Steelers defense has flown under the radar a bit this year as far as people talking about them but they are still top 5 I believe. We will prob see a game like 27-24. I hope it's the Giants on top of course but won't be surprised if it goes other way

Fire Arians
11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Yeah for some reason, perhaps the injuries to Polamalu, Harrison, etc, it seems like the Steelers defense has flown under the radar a bit this year as far as people talking about them but they are still top 5 I believe. We will prob see a game like 27-24. I hope it's the Giants on top of course but won't be surprised if it goes other way

i don't know about top 5 yet, this defense has the potential to be good, but they did give up 3 game winning drives this season, which doesn't make me comfortable going up against Eli

i agree that this game will probably be a good one. Tomlin hasn't been good in 'trap game' scenarios, but I don't think he'll be taking a team like the giants for granted (nobody does against defending champs). Probably will come down to the last drive, and like you said, i wouldn't be surprised if it goes either way. If there's anything I'm expecting, it's a good game.

TheDude
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM
NY fans seem to be pretty chill from my experience. I know a few personally and all of them are respectful. Have never said anything hateful to me. There's always the good natured trash talk but none of the excessive stuff. Should be a good game. I see two teams that are kind of similar really. Decent defenses, really good receiving corps, and both teams with two time super bowl winning QB's at the helm. I'm pretty excited for this game.

If when you say NY fans, you mean Giants Fans...The Dude 100% agrees and echoes your sentiments.

There is a genuine respect with the Rooney/Mara connection that goes way back. The tradition and heritage of the franchises....same class or tier, generally speaking. The long term die-hard fans, and there are many of both, acknowledge this usually. For sure.

The Ben/Eli dynamic that has grown in recent years has added a nice little spice to this friendly rivalry.

Fire Haley
11-01-2012, 05:02 PM
****!

no power

Steelers can't find hotel in New York. Will leave Pittsburgh Sunday morning, return after the game.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/264094232321605633

jb500ex
11-01-2012, 08:41 PM
giants fans are great jets fans are the worst fans in sports. no its not fun being a yankee fan it hit me this year

StainlessStill
11-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I, for one, am happy that we are flying out the morning of. Not only could we get better rest the night before, but our sole focus on Sunday will be NOTHING but the gameplan. We don't have time to jack around about other things and I feel that plays to our advantage as a team.

Also, for what it's worth, I think the Giants aggressive defensive front plays RIGHT into our hands as an offense. With them pursuing upfield (their strength) I expect a lot of quick hitters and would LOVE to see some screens open up with a couple packages for Rainey. Talk about to the house? We can hit some big ones this Sunday....

Bayz101
11-01-2012, 10:18 PM
giants fans are great jets fans are the worst fans in sports. no its not fun being a yankee fan it hit me this year

I strongly disagree with the Giants part, and strongly agree with the Jets part. I believe the Giants fans are as close to Steelers fans as it gets. Jets fans? Well, that's another story entirely.

EDIT: I'm sorry dude. I misread that completely. I agree 100 percent. Time for bed.

Steelersfan87
11-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Jets fans are adorable. Nobody hates the Jets more than Jets fans. Same with Mets fans (and many Jets fans tend to be Mets fans, whereas Giants fans are more inclined to be Yankees fans).

IowaSteeler927
11-02-2012, 04:18 AM
If when you say NY fans, you mean Giants Fans...The Dude 100% agrees and echoes your sentiments.

There is a genuine respect with the Rooney/Mara connection that goes way back. The tradition and heritage of the franchises....same class or tier, generally speaking. The long term die-hard fans, and there are many of both, acknowledge this usually. For sure.

The Ben/Eli dynamic that has grown in recent years has added a nice little spice to this friendly rivalry.

Ah yes I meant Giants fans. Though I have a buddy who is a Jets fan that is respectful. We went to school together though so perhaps he gives me a free pass.

NyGiantz
11-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I never used to have a problem with jets fans too much until Rex Ryan became their coach and they got all loud like he does. Jets fans are obnoxious as hell and their "fan" that represents then, Fireman Ed used to be a Dolphins fan. They are pathetic in any aspect u can think of

FanSince72
11-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I never used to have a problem with jets fans too much until Rex Ryan became their coach and they got all loud like he does. Jets fans are obnoxious as hell and their "fan" that represents then, Fireman Ed used to be a Dolphins fan. They are pathetic in any aspect u can think of

I've always had a theory about why the Jets have never done anything since Joe Willie; it's because once they left Shea Stadium, they've never had a home they could call their own. They're like the Flying Dutchman of the NFL - a team that will always be at sea and never find a port.

For decades, they were the red-headed stepchildren sharing a stadium named after a rival and could never call "Giants Stadium" home no matter how many green sheets they hung on the walls. Even though it's now called "Met-Life Stadium", it will always be either Giants Stadium or just "The Meadowlands" which to most people is where the Giants play, not the Jets.

I think the Jets have always been in search of an identity and they've never really found one and until that changes - until they get a real home of their own, they're doomed to just keep sailing the oceans.

SteelCurtain5643
11-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I was supposed to be at this game this weekend but unfortunately, because one of the guys I was suppost to go with is having an operation soon and cant do much driving or walking and also because of the storm I will not be attending. Kinda sucks but cant do much about it. I'll crack open a beer, sit in the recliner and watch the Steelers kick some ass...:tt03::tt03:

NyGiantz
11-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I've always had a theory about why the Jets have never done anything since Joe Willie; it's because once they left Shea Stadium, they've never had a home they could call their own. They're like the Flying Dutchman of the NFL - a team that will always be at sea and never find a port.

For decades, they were the red-headed stepchildren sharing a stadium named after a rival and could never call "Giants Stadium" home no matter how many green sheets they hung on the walls. Even though it's now called "Met-Life Stadium", it will always be either Giants Stadium or just "The Meadowlands" which to most people is where the Giants play, not the Jets.

I think the Jets have always been in search of an identity and they've never really found one and until that changes - until they get a real home of their own, they're doomed to just keep sailing the oceans.

I agree. They are so envious of the Giants that they even root against us when we play against a division rival of theirs like the Pats or Dolphins. Can you imagine rooting for the Ravens against the Eagles cuz of the instate rivalry? Would never happen

Hawaii 5-0
11-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I agree. They are so envious of the Giants that they even root against us when we play against a division rival of theirs like the Pats or Dolphins. Can you imagine rooting for the Ravens against the Eagles cuz of the instate rivalry? Would never happen

really? wow, that does say a lot about the Jets fans and you're right, we would always root against the Ravens even though we're not that fond of the Eagles either.

but like the quote from the movie Remember The Titans goes: "Attitude reflects leadership"...what can you expect when your head coach is big-mouth Rex Ryan?

KManX89
11-03-2012, 06:13 PM
It's better, but it's not a great defense by any stretch. They've given up a lot of points to some bad teams, and at home, too.

Probably is, our defense may be without Troy, Clark, and Woodley. If that's the case, I don't see how the Giants score less than 30.

Woodley and Clark have been listed as 'Probable' for this game...

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Giants-Injury-Report---112/e3dbc792-c9ab-4f66-a0b3-a94243765b61

And I agree, it should be a good one, best game of the week by far. Though TBH, I'm kinda torn as to who to pick... defensively, I trust the Steelers D to shut down Eli more than I trust the Giants beat up secondary to stop Big Ben's passing attack (they did get carved up by Tony Romo last week, after all, giving up over 400 yards though the air, plus, Chase Blackburn is out for this game, and possibly Rolle and/or Phillips, too). The Giants also have the home field advantage, though, and are better offensively (though Pittsburgh looks like they've started to come on the last couple of games). Plus, Dwyer and Mendenhall might not play (they've both been listed as 'Doubtful' for this game), though Chris Rainey has looked sharp in the limited snaps he's taken so far, so, IDK, it's tough to say who'll win this one, it should be a competitive, close game that could quite honestly go either way, but I guess I'll give the (slight) nod to the G-Men just because it's at home. Pittsburgh surely needs it more, though, so who knows? Maybe they'll play with a sense of urgency for this week.

Should be a great game either way, though. :thumbsup:

Steelersfan87
11-03-2012, 06:19 PM
I would say that the problem extends long past Rex Ryan, but then again, outside of Bill Parcells for a brief period, they haven't had a good head coach in a damn long time...

KManX89
11-03-2012, 06:26 PM

Well, I was surfing the Gang Green Nation forums after the SB, and more of them than not said they were quite happy the Patsies lost, but there were still a handful of Jets fans on that forum pulling for the Pats in SB 46. :noidea:

Yeah, I don't get it, either.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 07:28 PM
good game guys. like i expected it was close and could go either way. i predicted it to go the giants way because i thought it'd be coming down to eli vs our 4th quarter defense.

NyGiantz
11-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Helluva game Steelers your defense made our offense look like a pee wee league team. Hopefully we can see you in the SB and play better. Just a total ass kicking. Ill be around be good guys.

Darkstorm05
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Helluva game Steelers your defense made our offense look like a pee wee league team. Hopefully we can see you in the SB and play better. Just a total ass kicking. Ill be around be good guys.

I give your team props for trying to capitalize. They jumped all over every opportunity that came up in their favor, but when the well ran dry they sputtered out.

NyGiantz
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah it was a bad game for us and good for you. Outplayed in every aspect. Live and learn its the only way to be.

Bayz101
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Yeah it was a bad game for us and good for you. Outplayed in every aspect. Live and learn its the only way to be.

Most of all, thank you for being an incredibly classy person and fan. I appreciate your company.

steelbad@50
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Most of all, thank you for being an incredibly classy person and fan. I appreciate your company.

i wil 2nd that motion :thumbsup:

jiminpa
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Helluva game Steelers your defense made our offense look like a pee wee league team. Hopefully we can see you in the SB and play better. Just a total ass kicking. Ill be around be good guys.No! I don't want to see you guys in the SB. Too evenly matched, and you guys are capable of beating us.

You guys have a very good team.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 08:20 PM
No! I don't want to see you guys in the SB. Too evenly matched, and you guys are capable of beating us.

You guys have a very good team.

any team that makes it to the sb proves they're good enough to beat anybody. it doesnt matter who you face in the SB, you have a worthy opponent

Darkstorm05
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM
any team that makes it to the sb proves they're good enough to beat anybody. it doesnt matter who you face in the SB, you have a worthy opponent

*COUGH*Seahawks*COUGH*

harrison'samonster
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Seattle was a great team in the playoffs that year. People could say the same about the Steelers who were at one time 7-5 that season. I think we had the last seed in the AFC that year too. It's as much about who's hot as who the best is when it comes to the playoffs.

NyGiantz
11-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Yeah more and more its about who is hot at the end. Last high seeds to win the SB were you in 08 and Saints in 09. Home field advantage seems to be not such a big thing last few years

Lokki
11-05-2012, 04:58 PM

This. I agree. I've seen a few classy Giants fans visit the forum. You guys rock.

TheVet
11-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Along with others - let me say thanks for coming here, and we all love the NYG - a tough and gritty team with great fans.

Good luck!

Fire Arians
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah more and more its about who is hot at the end. Last high seeds to win the SB were you in 08 and Saints in 09. Home field advantage seems to be not such a big thing last few years

I often wondered if having the bye wasn't a good thing. Some teams that get the #1 or #2 seed look rusty when they come back to play, especially the ones that rested starters for a week or two before playoffs started

Steelersfan87
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Hey NYGiantz, do you know of a good Giants forum that isn't full of retards?

steelfury02
11-06-2012, 09:58 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llyf9tPraR1qafrh6.gif

NyGiantz
11-07-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't post on the offical Giants forum anymore. There are a few cool people but like all message boards nowadays, full of crybabies if there is one bad play much less one bad game.

teegre
11-07-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't post on the offical Giants forum anymore. There are a few cool people but like all message boards nowadays, full of crybabies if there is one bad play much less one bad game.

What!?! That would neeeever happen here. :wink02:

NyGiantz
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
What!?! That would neeeever happen here. :wink02:

The strangest part is both of our franchises have had a ton of success, both lately and historically and there are fans crying about stuff. Can you imagine if we were fans of a team with zero success like Cleveland, Kansas City, etc. I just imagine the days of Dave Brown as my quarterback and immediately am grateful for what I got now even if its a terrible game like last week.

Fire Arians
11-08-2012, 03:10 PM
The strangest part is both of our franchises have had a ton of success, both lately and historically and there are fans crying about stuff. Can you imagine if we were fans of a team with zero success like Cleveland, Kansas City, etc. I just imagine the days of Dave Brown as my quarterback and immediately am grateful for what I got now even if its a terrible game like last week.

Dave Brown was awesome though, I will always remember that time he trucked Deion Sanders and trash talked him right after :rofl:

teegre
11-08-2012, 04:10 PM

Exactly. My wife is a Chargers fan (by birth), and they have nothing to hang their hats on... nothing. Heck, their biggest hero is Dennis Gibson. And, if one Google's his name, one can see just how sorry that truly is.

Fire Arians
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Exactly. My wife is a Chargers fan (by birth), and they have nothing to hang their hats on... nothing. Heck, their biggest hero is Dennis Gibson. And, if one Google's his name, one can see just how sorry that truly is.

seriously? i would have thought dan fouts or junior seau

FanSince72
11-08-2012, 05:12 PM

Really?

So that means that guys like:

Sid Gillman, Don Koryell, Dan Fouts, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson, Kellen Winslow, Wes Chandler, John Hadl, Philip Rivers, Natrone Means, Chuck Muncie, LaDainian Tomlinson, Lance Alworth, Antonio Gates, Kris Dielman, Doug Wilkerson, Fred Dean, Louie Kelcher, Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman, Junior Seau, Willie Buchanon, Gill Byrd, Rodney Harrison, Quentin Jammer, John Carney, Speedy Duncan, Darren Sproles, Mike Scifres,..

are all what? Upholstery?

I mean, the Chargers may not have a trophy case full of hardware, but they had (and still have) some really great players and coaches and have been a big part of NFL history.

MasterOfPuppets
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM
thats just it. the new generation of steeler fans have yet to suffer with the likes of a mark malone or cliff stout. they weren't around for the 80's, so they don't appreciate anything less than a super bowl trophy.

teegre
11-08-2012, 07:23 PM
seriously? i would have thought dan fouts or junior seau

Dan Fouts never got them to the SuperBowl.

Junior did... but, they overlook his 17 tackles in that AFCCG, while simultaneously applauding Dennis Gibson.

Bolt fans are strange folk.

teegre
11-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Really?

So that means that guys like:

Sid Gillman, Don Koryell, Dan Fouts, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson, Kellen Winslow, Wes Chandler, John Hadl, Philip Rivers, Natrone Means, Chuck Muncie, LaDainian Tomlinson, Lance Alworth, Antonio Gates, Kris Dielman, Doug Wilkerson, Fred Dean, Louie Kelcher, Jamal Williams, Shawne Merriman, Junior Seau, Willie Buchanon, Gill Byrd, Rodney Harrison, Quentin Jammer, John Carney, Speedy Duncan, Darren Sproles, Mike Scifres,..

are all what? Upholstery?

I mean, the Chargers may not have a trophy case full of hardware, but they had (and still have) some really great players and coaches and have been a big part of NFL history.

Yes, seriously. Crazy, huh.

It might be because they know that I am a Steelers fan, and thus, whenever we start to talk football, someone undoubtedly will scream out, "DENNIS GIBSON!!!" And then, the mob mentality sets in, and the chants start up, "Gibson!!! Gibson!!! Gibson!!!"

Again, it might just be when they are around me... a Steelers fan.

[Side-note: My personal favorite non-Steeler: Rodney Harrison. He played like I would have liked ot have played.]

NyGiantz
11-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Dave Brown was awesome though, I will always remember that time he trucked Deion Sanders and trash talked him right after :rofl:

By far my favorite moment with DB. The talent surrounding him was awful minus Rodney Hampton but he was pretty bad as well. If there were message boards around then I can only imagine. He was so despised around here that he had to wear his sunglasses when he was paying toll at the toll booths on the turnpike cuz even they would give him so much shit. For what it's worth I still rocked my Dave Brown 17 with pride lol like some of you did with your mark Malone jerseys

FanSince72
11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Yes, seriously. Crazy, huh.

It might be because they know that I am a Steelers fan, and thus, whenever we start to talk football, someone undoubtedly will scream out, "DENNIS GIBSON!!!" And then, the mob mentality sets in, and the chants start up, "Gibson!!! Gibson!!! Gibson!!!"

Again, it might just be when they are around me... a Steelers fan.

[Side-note: My personal favorite non-Steeler: Rodney Harrison. He played like I would have liked ot have played.]

My fondest Charger memories involve Monday Night Football games between the late-70's Steelers and the Chargers with Fouts and "Air Coryell".

In those games, the defenses would basically take the night off and it was all about QB's and Wide Receivers and usually the last team to score was the winner.

Those were the days!