PDA

View Full Version : Bengals' Steinbach Charged With Boating DUI

CantStop85
08-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Add this one to the checklist:
Steinbach charged with boating DUI on Ohio River

GEORGETOWN, Ky. -- Bengals left guard Eric Steinbach was arrested Saturday night and charged with a operating a boat under the influence of alcohol on the Ohio River. He was arrested by an officer with the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. Steinbach was stopped for speeding by the officer in the idle-only speed zone between the Interstate 75 and Interstate 471 bridges, Mark Marraccini, spokesman for the agency, said tonight. The officer ran Steinbach through a series of field sobriety tests, which he failed, Marraccini said. At that point, Steinbach was arrested and taken to the Campbell County Jail. He refused a breath test. He will appear in Campbell District Court. The Bengals do not comment on ongoing legal issues involving their players. Steinbach practiced twice Monday.
-- Mark Curnutte

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/

boLT fan
08-07-2006, 10:37 PM
How many is that now?

You can't be happy with your team right now as a Bengal's fan...

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Seems like The Bengals off field trouble are just getting WORSE.

CantStop85
08-07-2006, 10:54 PM
How many is that now?

You can't be happy with your team right now as a Bengal's fan...
Eh...it was a bit embarassing at first but now it's just another day another arrest. :blurp: It's been an amazing string of bad luck with a lot of wrong place at the wrong time situations.

As far as this one goes...nothing major, just a few too many beers on a saturday hanging out on a boat. Not that it was a smart move or anything, but shouldn't yield too many consequences. I'm just ready for the season to start...I think the players have too much free time. :dang:

Ambridge
08-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Steinbach was on Sirius NFL Radio a few weeks ago talking about the ills of players bringing negative attention to themselves and their organizations.
:footinmou :footinmou

HometownGal
08-08-2006, 07:21 AM
He refused a breath test.

I don't know about Ohio law or the fact that the infraction occurred on the water, but here in PA, a refusal to take a breathalyzer carries a suspension of your driver's license for a year. If the same laws apply while operating a boat in Ohio, looks like Mr. Steinbach will be hitching a ride to the field. Geez Louise - with the way things are going, the Bengals are going to have enough of eligible players fill up a prison school bus!

83-Steelers-43
08-08-2006, 07:29 AM
LOL, this is beautiful......

Marvin Lewis's expected and probable response: "Just a few too many beers on a saturday hanging out on a boat. That's all folks. Even though he is number five to get arrested, it's really no big deal. Nothing to see here".

What a joke.

Ambridge
08-08-2006, 09:04 AM

Marvin Lewis's expected and probable response: "Just a few too many beers on a saturday hanging out on a boat. That's all folks. Even though he is number five to get arrested, it's really no big deal. Nothing to see here".

What a joke.

Good stuff. :grin:

I wonder when the next Marvin Lewis Press Conference will be??

X-Terminator
08-08-2006, 09:21 AM
I got 10 bucks that says that the Bengals won't be wearing their prison orange jerseys this season :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
08-08-2006, 09:36 AM

What a joke.

Marvin is kidding me right? Joey Porter getting shot saying "Wrong Place At The Wrong Time" was truthful. Getting arrested is a big deal.

Lyn
08-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Eric Steinbach G Boating under the influence

Chris Henry WR x-Total of five

Frostee Rucker DE Spousal battery

A.J. Nicholson LB Burglary, grand theft

Matthias Askew DT Resisting arrest

Odell Thurman LB League substance abuse policy violation

x-unlawful transaction with a minor (three counts, will stand trial in September), speeding, operating a vehicle under the influence, felony possession of a concealed firearm, possession of marijuana

Lyn
08-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Here is the complete article per ESPN. Three (3) of those arrests "appear" to be non thug related.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2542913

CantStop85
08-08-2006, 11:48 AM
The sad thing, the only guy who wasn't arrested will probably be the only one who is disciplined (Odell Thurman).

SteelCityMan786
08-08-2006, 11:51 AM
If that A.J. Nicholson is from FSU, add in rape. He was arrested before the Orange Bowl for that.

tony hipchest
08-08-2006, 12:32 PM
As far as this one goes...nothing major, just a few too many beers on a saturday hanging out on a boat. Not that it was a smart move or anything, but shouldn't yield too many consequences. :

nothing major huh? maybe he should go boating with the cleveland indians. from what i remember that yeilded ALOT of consequences (primarily death)