PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tuck whining about Steelers

Darkstorm05
11-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Apparently the Redskins have answers on why our O-Line looked good...excessive holding that the refs ignored.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/58148/tuck-steelers-line-gets-away-with-murder

stb_steeler
11-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah they meant that Harrison got held on 75% of his rushes

Shreveport Steeler
11-01-2012, 04:54 PM
:yawn:

madtowndrunkard
11-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Yea cause we never get held on defense.... :rofl:

James Harrison was arguably the most "held" player in the NFL for a few years... yet he still managed to win defensive MVP and lead the team in sacks. Granted now he's a shell of his former self, but still. Holding is no longer illegal in the NFL unless the victim is a WR.

Atlanta Dan
11-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Apparently the Redskins have answers on why our O-Line looked good...excessive holding that the refs ignored.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/58148/tuck-steelers-line-gets-away-with-murder

Actually that is the Giants doing some pre-emptive working of the refs in preparation for Sunday in New York:chuckle:

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has only been sacked four times in his past four games and didn't get sacked at all last Sunday against the Washington Redskins. Pittsburgh's improved pass protection isn't the result of better blocking, according to Giants defensive lineman Justin Tuck.

"I hope we get some holding calls because they have gotten away with murder,"

tony hipchest
11-01-2012, 05:25 PM
:rolleyes: the redskins shouldve tried excessive holding onto the ball.

justin tuck n duct is just making pre-emptive excuses for when he gets bitch slapped by our TE and dry whale humped by "free willie" colon.:

SteelersCanada
11-01-2012, 05:44 PM
As it's been said, Harrison was held ridiculously too. There's holding on every play if you look hard enough, but it's just part of the game. The Redskins lost because they couldn't catch a ball all game and their secondary is absolutely brutal.

'Skins fans can see that, the players were just embarrassed and are looking for answers instead of acknowledging the fact they were outplayed.

Also, Tuck, really? I think he's just making excuse so when he gets outplayed and held without a sack, he'll have something to fall back on. The rest of the Giants are talking the Steelers up, which is nothing unusual, so I'm not sure what Tuck is trying to do.

Should be a great game on Sunday.

Hawaii 5-0
11-01-2012, 07:01 PM

Justin Tuck plays for the NY Giants...

Darkstorm05
11-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Justin Tuck plays for the NY Giants...

Yes, he does...

Hawaii 5-0
11-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes, he does...

and therefore the title of your thread is misleading, it's not the Redskins that are whining about the Steelers.

it's just Justin Tuck trying to plant that seed into the referees' minds in advance of Sunday's game.

Darkstorm05
11-01-2012, 07:33 PM
and therefore the title of your thread is misleading, it's not the Redskins that are whining about the Steelers.

it's just Justin Tuck trying to plant that seed into the referees' minds in advance of Sunday's game.

They referred to the game with the skins as an example of this "Non Call" issue. Not that it matters. Sunday settles any beef he has.

Bayz101
11-01-2012, 08:37 PM
They referred to the game with the skins as an example of this "Non Call" issue. Not that it matters. Sunday settles any beef he has.

Well, be that as it may, the Redskins aren't directly complaining about holding calls, Justin Tuck is. I'll change the thread title to prevent any confusion. :drink:

GoFor7
11-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, be that as it may, the Redskins aren't directly complaining about holding calls, Justin Tuck is. I'll change the thread title to prevent any confusion. :drink:

Why? That makes too much sense.

Darkstorm05
11-01-2012, 08:44 PM
the Redskins aren't directly complaining about holding calls :drink:

That's a pretty strong statement. Somewhere, I assure you, they are indeed complaining.

tony hipchest
11-01-2012, 08:52 PM
alot of thread fails going on lately... :coffee:

Bayz101
11-01-2012, 09:10 PM
That's a pretty strong statement. Somewhere, I assure you, they are indeed complaining.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22939

Second post.

The article was about Justin Tuck bitching and moaning before the game even takes place, and not about the Redskins whining about the calls from last weekend. Sure, they're probably bitching and moaning, but that isn't what the thread article is about at all.

I'm probably spending waaaay too much time on this. Later.

Darkstorm05
11-01-2012, 09:19 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=22939

Second post.

The article was about Justin Tuck bitching and moaning before the game even takes place, and not about the Redskins whining about the calls from last weekend. Sure, they're probably bitching and moaning, but that isn't what the thread article is about at all.

I'm probably spending waaaay too much time on this. Later.

Haha...topics make sense? That's unpossible!

OX1947
11-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Justin can go Tuck himself.

Fire Arians
11-01-2012, 10:08 PM
is he gonna bitch about 7 other teams holding as well? you know, since he's sitting at 1 sack for the season.

Hawaii 5-0
11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Justin can go Tuck himself.

good one...:fingers:

tanda10506
11-01-2012, 10:55 PM
What a p****, scared to play heads up cause the O line is looking good so he's trying to get calls before it even starts.

teegre
11-01-2012, 11:17 PM
I once heard Mark Schlereth talk about something similar. He basically stated that if a DL was complaining to the press about the way in which Schlereth played, even before they stepped on the field, then Schlereth KNEW that he already had that player psychologically beat. Schlereth went on to say that once he got into a DL's head so badly that the DL was complaining to the league/refs even BEFORE they had played a down, that the DL's head was swirling with concern... and then, Schlereth would go RIGHT AT HIM... and the DL's psychological disadvantage would turn into Schlereth PHYSICALLY dominating the DL.

Unleash The Colon!!!

austinfrench76
11-01-2012, 11:33 PM
They have been doing this all season. Him and Gilbride "working" the refs prior to the game. Shut up and play!

Fire Arians
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM
he's up against pouncey and colon on sunday. safe to say he's gonna be held in check lol

it's their DE's against our tackles that worry me more

4xSBChamps
11-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Holding is no longer illegal in the NFL unless the victim is a WR.

"... PERSONAL-FOUL, madtowndrunkard...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/NFLOfficial.jpg

... unnecessary truth-telling... first-down, Cheatriots*..."

steelfury02
11-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Justin can go Tuck himself? So more of a Buffalo Bill (character) move, eh?

Gross!:thumbsup:

Lokki
11-02-2012, 07:18 AM
is he gonna bitch about 7 other teams holding as well? you know, since he's sitting at 1 sack for the season.

He's too busy worrying about next month's $5 foot long.

Rotorhead
11-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Release Colon, that just sounds wrong lol

Men of Steel
11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
alot of thread fails going on lately... :coffee:

Tony what the hell are you talking about! We all know Hines Ward is a DIRTY PLAYER!!!

:chuckle:

Men of Steel
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM
This from the article

"I hope we get some holding calls because they have gotten away with murder," Tuck told ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "They've done a very good job protecting Ben -- they don't hold on every play. But we've seen a whole lot of it."

Soo... Steelers do a good job protecting ben, but they hold almost all the time.

Does this make sense to anyone? :tap:

Tuck is making up BS excuses for his lackluster performance this year.

Hawaii 5-0
11-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Steelers @ Giants, Week 9

by Peter Damilatis | 2012/11/02

Mike Adams vs. Justin Tuck

Few positional groups have been as scrutinized over the past few seasons as the Steelersí offensive line. We graded them with the second-worst Pass Blocking Efficiency in 2010, and they were still below-average last year. After first-round pick David DeCastro tore his MCL in the preseason, hopes for any improvement this year grew dim. However the unit has done well, partially thanks to their other top draft pick, Mike Adams. In two starts since right tackle Marcus Gilbert injured his ankle, the rookie out of Ohio State has allowed just four QB pressures on 76 pass-block snaps. Heís also earned a +1.7 run block grade over the past two weeks, as the Steelers had 25 rushes for 164 yards to his side.

Adams may face his toughest test yet this Sunday in Justin Tuck, depending on which version of the DE shows up. In 24 starts over the past two seasons, Tuck has earned a grade of -1.0 or worse in eight games, and a grade of +1.0 or better in six. After catching fire during the Giantsí playoff run last season, the veteran defensive end has been inconsistent again this season. He didnít tally his first QB pressure until Week 3, and seven of his 17 pressures came in one game against the 49ers. However, his 9.0 Run Stop % is the fourth-highest mark among 4-3 DEs. If Tuck rediscovers his dominance, then he could overmatch the rookie. But if the veteran doesnít bring his top game, Adams will continue his hot streak.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/02/3tfo-steelers-giants-week-9/

Fire Haley
11-02-2012, 05:57 PM
neverminding the ****ed up thread title

whimpering about non-calls before the game does what?

Seriously? It only makes you look like a little puss

4xSBChamps
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
whimpering about non-calls before the game does what?

... make him a future Weephawk???

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/SeattleWeephawklogo.jpg

maddog78
11-02-2012, 06:17 PM
I once heard Mark Schlereth talk about something similar. He basically stated that if a DL was complaining to the press about the way in which Schlereth played, even before they stepped on the field, then Schlereth KNEW that he already had that player psychologically beat. Schlereth went on to say that once he got into a DL's head so badly that the DL was complaining to the league/refs even BEFORE they had played a down, that the DL's head was swirling with concern... and then, Schlereth would go RIGHT AT HIM... and the DL's psychological disadvantage would turn into Schlereth PHYSICALLY dominating the DL.

Unleash The Colon!!!

Yeah, he's having an off year and seems to have head problems. The closer this game gets, the better I feel about the Steelers' chances.

Hawaii 5-0
11-02-2012, 06:22 PM
... make him a future Weephawk???

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/SeattleWeephawklogo.jpg

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6958/seahawkswine9vl.jpg

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Built-in excuse for losing on Sunday....

Darkstorm05
11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Now the big question...after the travesty the refs pulled on us this game, do the Giants whine, or admit the refs tried hard to help them but we rocked them...like a hurricane. Too soon?