PDA

View Full Version : Onwards and Upwards: Giants Edition

Darkstorm05
11-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Time for positives to prep for the game...

1) Clark is going to be OK to play

2) Tuck is afraid to take his dose of Colon Cleanse

3) The Steelers know they need to establish a big win on the road

4) Motivation to down the defending champs, and so called "Best team in the league"

5) Some of our RB's are hurt...but we have like 15 more

6) Wallace seems ready to play football at last

7) The Browns still suck...but I have a feeling they're due to throw down on the Ravens.

Atlanta Dan
11-02-2012, 09:36 AM
But rooting for the Steelers on Sunday will be like rooting for Frankenstorm :crying01:

Giants know they can help healing from Sandy

“I feel like us as athletes and being a team that this city loves and adores, I feel like just being out there and playing our hearts out, it really shows that nothing can keep us down and we’re a strong city, we’re a strong unit, and we can get through anything,” said Victor Cruz....

The Giants want to win for themselves first and foremost, of course. But they want to win for New York too. The Saints sure wanted to win for New Orleans.

“We feel like we can spark New York, just what we do, what we’ve done,” Ahmad Bradshaw said.

“A win would go a long way to kind of lifting the spirits around here, and that’s something we definitely realize.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/men_of_the_people_WOsIG5xhcYs9R3TDGksTmK

Yep - I know if I had lost my house or loved ones a win by a sports team would make it all better

steelfury02
11-02-2012, 09:36 AM
8) The Defense is going to withstand an early game surge from the Giants O and the crowd who is going to be looking for something positive in the wake of Sandy, hunker down, and get the necessary stops late into the game.

9) Ben and Haley are going to provide a blue print on how to beat the champs. (Dinking and dunking them to death)

stb_steeler
11-02-2012, 10:16 AM
But rooting for the Steelers on Sunday will be like rooting for Frankenstorm :crying01:

Giants know they can help healing from Sandy

“I feel like us as athletes and being a team that this city loves and adores, I feel like just being out there and playing our hearts out, it really shows that nothing can keep us down and we’re a strong city, we’re a strong unit, and we can get through anything,” said Victor Cruz....

The Giants want to win for themselves first and foremost, of course. But they want to win for New York too. The Saints sure wanted to win for New Orleans.

“We feel like we can spark New York, just what we do, what we’ve done,” Ahmad Bradshaw said.

“A win would go a long way to kind of lifting the spirits around here, and that’s something we definitely realize.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/men_of_the_people_WOsIG5xhcYs9R3TDGksTmK

Yep - I know if I had lost my house or loved ones a win by a sports team would make it all better

That big win wont pay the bills. Maybe some of the big paychecks on the team can fork over some to help people out, now that would be inspiring!

Fire Arians
11-02-2012, 11:49 AM
7) The Browns still suck...but I have a feeling they're due to throw down on the Ravens.

i hope, but not expecting that. it's any given sunday but come on, it's the browns :chuckle:

tanda10506
11-02-2012, 10:06 PM
i hope, but not expecting that. it's any given sunday but come on, it's the browns :chuckle:

It was a one score game last time and that was in Baltimore with Lewis and Web healthy and a lesser experienced Weeden. I don't buy into the any given Sunday thing very often, but this could be one of those Sundays for the Sh**birds.

steelfury02
11-03-2012, 07:09 AM
I honestly would rather see them squeek out another win v. Browns so they keep some of that ill-advised bluster.

They and their fans are so ripe for the smackdown right now. Remember - they haven't had any experience against this offense - and they are banged up. I really would love to embarrass them in a blowout or just a convincing 7 to 14 point win.

BUT - they got the Champs this week. If we manage a win - the Ravens fans down here are going to find some stupid reason to downplay it - "yea - I wish we could play the Giants after they just had to go through a hurricane derp da derp."

I think even with a win - we will still be flying under the radar.

COME ON BABY!:tt03:

teegre
11-03-2012, 09:18 AM
I think even with a win - we will still be flying under the radar.

Exactly. This is working out well for PITT. Because, if the Steelers win, everyone will shrug it off as "The champs had to play after the Franken-storm... yadda-yadda-yadda..."

teegre
11-03-2012, 09:28 AM
1) Clark is going to be OK to play
This is huge.

2) Tuck is afraid to take his dose of Colon Cleanse
Absolutely. I talked in another thread about how Mark Schlereth knew that once he owned a DL mentally (when the DL complained before the game), that Schlereth would completely physically DOMINATE that DL during the game.

3) The Steelers know they need to establish a big win on the road. AND 4) Motivation to down the defending champs, and so called "Best team in the league"
Focused.

5) Some of our RB's are hurt...but we have like 15 more
LOL... but, so true.

6) Wallace seems ready to play football at last
Indeed. Mentally speaking, he had is best game is months against WASH.

BALT can't stop the run; CLEV has Trent Richardson. 275 yards & 5 TDs anyone???

Hawaii 5-0
11-03-2012, 04:27 PM
DECEIVING NUMBERS

The Giants rank 26th in pass defense, but the Steelers are ignoring the numbers.

“With some groups, the numbers don’t lie. But with this group, the numbers do lie,” Steelers receiver Jerricho Cotchery said. “You have to look at the sacks (21) and the turnovers (20). It’s tough to get anything done against them. They rise to the challenge in big games like they did against San Francisco.”

Quarterbacks are completing 62 percent of passes and have thrown 11 touchdowns against the Giants’ secondary.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...#ixzz2BBodavnL