PDA

View Full Version : Arians says Mike Pouncey is better than Maurkice

Hawaii 5-0
11-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Arians says Mike Pouncey is better than Maurkice

Posted by Teresa Varley on November 1, 2012

http://nflcomsteelers.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/pouncey01_vs_eagles_10072012.jpg?w=352&h=236

Former Steelers’ offensive coordinator and current Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who is serving as the team’s head coach during Chuck Pagano’s illness, was asked about the Miami Dolphins offense during a conference call with the Miami media in advance of their game this weekend.

In praising the Dolphins offensive line, Arians gave props to Mike Pouncey, while saying he is better than his twin brother Maurkice whom Arians coached while with the Steelers.

“I think they have a great young offensive line. When you’ve got Jake Long and (Mike) Pouncey, I think Mike’s better than Maurkice and make sure you tell Maurkice I said that,” said Arians. “I’m sure Mike will. They got a nice young line and Reggie (Bush) is a home run hitter and the quarterback is playing good.

“They’ve got a couple solid receivers. They’re pieces there but when you build it off that running game and offensive line, that’s a great place to start.”

Pouncey learned of the comments after practice on Thursday, and laughed about it.

“I don’t mind it at all,” he said. “I am actually happy for Mike. Let him get all of the publicity in the world. If that is my mark, it’s in my family, I am down with it. He can be the best.”

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/01/arians-says-mike-pouncey-is-better-than-maurkice/

tony hipchest
11-03-2012, 03:16 PM
arians is a dimwit fukstick. :jerkit:

Atlanta Dan
11-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Consider the possibility Maurkice Pouncey was among thiose who shed no tears when BA was fired and made that known

TRH
11-03-2012, 04:16 PM
that was a low blow from Arians. It was un-needed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-03-2012, 04:21 PM
that was a low blow from Arians. It was un-needed.

He's(Arians) never been a classy guy, IMO. Still, has mike been injured less than Markice?? It may be a valid statement, but not with the emphasis that was used.

teegre
11-03-2012, 05:45 PM
The part that gets me is when he says, "Tell Maurkice that I said that."

WTF!?!

I could see up-selling an opponent (talking nicely about Mike), but adding that extra line is a little... uh... immature. It was an obvious dig at his old team.

Speaking of which, Art II made a statement, after hearing this, "Arians was effing FIRED... make sure that you remind him of that."

pete74
11-03-2012, 05:54 PM
I can care less. Maybe he is better maybe not but im happy with what we have

Steelersfan87
11-03-2012, 06:23 PM
It may have been an unwarranted cheap shot, but it may also be true. Maurkice, while certainly in the top 10 and maybe top 5 at his position, is overrated.

tony hipchest
11-03-2012, 06:52 PM
It may have been an unwarranted cheap shot, but it may also be true. Maurkice, while certainly in the top 10 and maybe top 5 at his position, is overrated.how can he be overrated when he is almost universally regarded as one of the best (if not THE best) center in the game. he will likely be 1st team all-pro (much more significant than being a pro-bowler) this season.

with that being said, mike and markice are literally carbon copies of eachother. to say one is better than the other is probably denying genetics.

markice is certainly on a better team (though be it a team w/o a premier tackle like jake long.)

arians is just a low brow douchebag.

Steel_Bus_24
11-03-2012, 07:14 PM
arians should shut his stupid pie hole and be thankful anyone in the football world wants to talk to his ass

BKAnthem
11-03-2012, 07:16 PM
He's just mad because he has neither

StainlessStill
11-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Wow, what a prick. So glad this guy is gone. Not only is Ben better, but our whole offense is out to take names and kick ASS. With Arians, it was all buddy-buddy, now he's raggin' on us. I get that you praise a player, but don't throw another, one who you coached, under the bus.

Now Maurkice has some fire to play with. I like that.

harrison'samonster
11-03-2012, 08:12 PM
it might have just been some good natured ribbing. I'm not sure what kind of a relationship BA had with Pouncey

Steelersfan87
11-03-2012, 09:34 PM
how can he be overrated when he is almost universally regarded as one of the best (if not THE best) center in the game. he will likely be 1st team all-pro (much more significant than being a pro-bowler) this season.

He's overrated because he's widely regarded as the best center in the league, mainly because people keep saying it, making even more people keep saying it. But he's not the best center in the league. Now I'm not with Pro Football Focus or whichever site it is that basically claims that he's average, but he has a reputation of being the absolute best center in the league when he's not. It's a fair question whether or not he's the best in the division, in fact, with Alex Mack.

steelfury02
11-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I'd like to see him stay healthy late into the season, that is for sure :thumbsup:

Fire Arians
11-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I say arians is worse than romeo crenell

Hawaii 5-0
11-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Now I'm not with Pro Football Focus or whichever site it is that basically claims that he's average, but he has a reputation of being the absolute best center in the league when he's not.

speaking of Pro Football Focus, they have Mike Pouncey rated as the #1 center in the NFL after Week 8. it'll be interesting to see if Mike beats out his twin this year in the All-Pro and Pro Bowl voting.

teegre
11-03-2012, 10:52 PM
I wanted PITT to trade up for Mike, and they had a deal in place with MIA... and then, MIA opted to just take Mike themselves.

R1 & R3 (Cameron Heyward & Curtis Brown) for Mike... I wish. Heck, I'd have given up R1 & R2 (Heyward & Marcus Gilbert).

Starks* - Mike - Maurkice - DD - The Colon*

*(or, Adams)

Steelersfan87
11-03-2012, 11:05 PM
speaking of Pro Football Focus, they have Mike Pouncey rated as the #1 center in the NFL after Week 8. it'll be interesting to see if Mike beats out his twin this year in the All-Pro and Pro Bowl voting.

Interesting, I didn't realize that. I suspect Maurkice would still win based on reputation (which is kind of weird to say for a 3rd year player). While the All-Pro team is a lot less swayed by popular opinion than the Pro Bowl is, it's also not immune to it, so so far it looks pretty good that Maurkice could be in line for his second first team All-Pro nod in a row.

Fire Arians
11-03-2012, 11:06 PM
I wanted PITT to trade up for Mike, and they had a deal in place with MIA... and then, MIA opted to just take Mike themselves.

R1 & R3 (Cameron Heyward & Curtis Brown) for Mike... I wish. Heck, I'd have given up R1 & R2 (Heyward & Marcus Gilbert).

Starks* - Mike - Maurkice - DD - The Colon*

*(or, Adams)

we wouldn't have drafted decastro if we already had mike. prolly would have picked hightower. but i wouldn't complain about that either

with that said, ive hated miami ever since they picked him, and i'm glad they still suck

maddog78
11-04-2012, 12:13 AM
arians is a dimwit fukstick. :jerkit:

Agreed.

teegre
11-04-2012, 01:17 AM
we wouldn't have drafted decastro if we already had mike. prolly would have picked hightower. but i wouldn't complain about that either

with that said, ive hated miami ever since they picked him, and i'm glad they still suck

Agreed: no DD... but, not Hightpwer, either... because he would have been gone by 32 (if you catch my drift). :wink02:

SteelMusic
11-04-2012, 02:18 AM
What a douche. Man, am I glad he's outta here.

wera176
11-04-2012, 08:07 AM
it might have just been some good natured ribbing. I'm not sure what kind of a relationship BA had with Pouncey

^This

I have no doubt BA knew Mike as well, this probably is an inside joke between the brothers that BA is stroking. Nothing more...

AndyWitmyer
11-04-2012, 08:21 AM
No one cares what Arians thinks or believes...which is exactly why The Steelers Organization fired - er - "retired" him. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

TRH
11-04-2012, 08:34 AM

yeah, if we would have stayed at our spot and missed on DeCastro....we definitely would have picked Hightower.
Its a shame we couldn't get him - he's a born Steeler and he's absolutely tearing it up in NE.

FanSince72
11-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't know if Mike Pouncey is better than his brother, but he sure seems to be a helluva lot more durable.

Rhom
11-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't know if Mike Pouncey is better than his brother, but he sure seems to be a helluva lot more durable.

That's because he doesn't have Gilbert as a teammate.

Ricco Suavez
11-04-2012, 11:18 AM

This could very well be what this is all about. Everybody did not hate BA like the fans.

MasterOfPuppets
11-04-2012, 12:07 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/318/507/080.jpg

LVSteelersfan
11-04-2012, 01:24 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edman
11-04-2012, 01:30 PM

Shouldn't it be "Butthurt, I Sense?"

Anyway, Brucey is a clown.

Darkstorm05
11-04-2012, 04:15 PM
And Pouncey may have just cost the 'Phins the game. Mind games!

Hawaii 5-0
11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
And Pouncey may have just cost the 'Phins the game. Mind games!

I missed that, what happened?

Darkstorm05
11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I missed that, what happened?

They were down by 3, driving for a tie, 3rd down, and Pouncey pulled a false start. 3rd and 15, and they failed to convert, failed on 4th, game over.

austinfrench76
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
That's why he is not and will never be a head coach in the NFL! No class.