PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben's Weight

BlaZeQuietly
11-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Last season it looked like Ben was a little too fat. It looks like hes lost some weight this season. Does anyone have any information about his battle with obesity?

Bayz101
11-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I read one beat writer on Twitter claim he's lost 18 pounds, and another 11 pounds. Knowing he's in his prime, he wanted to come into this season healthy.

SteelersCanada
11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Battle with obesity? Uh?

Darkstorm05
11-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Ben was never obese. Yea, he gained some weight at one point, but the guy was half dead with a pile of injuries and illness. It happens.

mikegrimey
11-03-2012, 04:22 PM
He's looked overweight to me since 2009...double chin and all, but does look a little thinner this year. This is just based off of my own sight though, I have no idea what a healthy playing weight for him is.

Bayz101
11-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I'd say he was nearing 250 pounds all of last year. He was about that same weight in '09, a little skinnier in '10 and a little smaller than his 2010 weight this year. If I had to guess, 238-242 pounds right now.

SteelerJay
11-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I heard Oprah had him on a feel-good diet with Dr.Oz to kick that obesity thing

Twentyvalve
11-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I remember that Nike commercial he did years ago. He had some muscle definition. Now, he seems a little gooey. I think the is the kind of guy that will always have some fleshy jowls, not matter thin he gets. Wearing all of the battle gear during games does not make him look any skinnier.

I just don't understand how any professional athlete could be an ounce overweight (except for lineman and sumo wrestlers). I understand genetics plays a role, but come on, they have access to professional trainers, workout equipment, etc. Not that I care, I just don't understand.

Ben is still the man at 230 or 250.

tony hipchest
11-03-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlVR2kKqTqY&feature=related

BlaZeQuietly
11-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Last year was the only year I thought he looked like he was too fat, The helmet barely even fit on his head and he moved real slow. I think he looks a lot thinner and more athletic this year.

GoFor7
11-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Last year was the only year I thought he looked like he was too fat, The helmet barely even fit on his head and he moved real slow. I think he looks a lot thinner and more athletic this year.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...

Hawaii 5-0
11-04-2012, 01:32 AM

:banana: :jump::danceshout::cheer::madrun::skyfall::flippy: :partay::hyper:

TRH
11-04-2012, 08:45 AM
He's just a big, strong "farmboy" kind of guy. He' doesn't have the natural chiseled phsyique.
While he wasn't overweight last year (he was escaping defenders more and better than ever), he does certainly look better this year....it does appear he's on a more stringent conditioning program.

Ricco Suavez
11-04-2012, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=Twentyvalve;1043494

I just don't understand how any professional athlete could be an ounce overweight (except for lineman and sumo wrestlers). I understand genetics plays a role, but come on, they have access to professional trainers, workout equipment, etc. Not that I care, I just don't understand..[/QUOTE]

Everybody loves a cheeseburger or a slice of pizza. :chuckle:

StainlessStill
11-04-2012, 10:17 AM
First thing I noticed about Ben this year was his incredible transformation. In 2010, serving his suspension, he started p90X and was in great condition. This year however, you could tell he worked his ass off not only a person, but an athlete and leader. He chiseled and slimmed down to an impressive physique compared to what he used to be. He looks quick and his footwork and mechanics are on point because of his condition.

I think he looks fantastic.

BlaZeQuietly
11-04-2012, 02:06 PM
it could have been bath salts, i lost 30 pounds on that stuff

tony hipchest
11-04-2012, 02:21 PM

close...

it could have been bath salts, i lost 30 pounds on that stuff

:shower:

was it from the neck up? :chuckle:

Edman
11-04-2012, 02:53 PM
I think Ben bulked up in the past because he was looking to shoulder some of the punishment he was going to take playing behind the O-Line.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Maybe it's me but I think Obama on the jersey of my precious Steelers is a disgrace. If Obama wants a team...give him the San Fransisco 49ers. They support fags so he should fit right in. Take back our colors! They don't belong on Obama!

nikstar
11-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Maybe it's me but I think Obama on the jersey of my precious Steelers is a disgrace. If Obama wants a team...give him the San Fransisco 49ers. They support fags so he should fit right in. Take back our colors! They don't belong on Obama!

I'm Canadian so I guess I shouldn't be commenting on American politics but that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. Support the opposition all you want but that's just in distaste.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Now and always there is a fact that muscle turns to fat. When you build a lot of muscle and then don't stay in shape you get over weight. Big Ben has never been Obese. He has definitely gained some pudge but you have to figure he is a 6' tall giant and has had many injuries that have prevented any workouts. However this year he is running a lot faster and seems more agile and much more trim. I don't ever remember seeing him buff and I don't think we ever will. It's just his body type.

Hawaii 5-0
11-04-2012, 03:43 PM

isn't Obama a self-proclaimed Chicago Bears fan?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Lo_WKFw-Zso/Tkvl8yR44PI/AAAAAAAADNI/utNJUcRofCo/s320/obama+barack+president+jay+cutler+gregg+olsen+knee +nflpa+divisional+playoff+chicago+bears+football+s tatistical+analysis+nfl+statistics+2011+stats+sold ier+field.jpg

Curtain_of_Steel
11-04-2012, 03:56 PM
That fool only received a jersey from the Rooneys because they were kissing his ass to get dad an appointment.

Obama is a devout fan of anyone who will vote him.

But before we all get put in timeout lets get back to Bens weight.

Ben is looking great this year, he came in trimmed up and ready to go. I doubt years past was because he needed more fat to take more hits, he was under quite a bt of self imposed stress, haha.. Also theinjuries don't help either.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Ha ha. That's hilarious. Quick...do one with him holding a Budweiser too while talking with that tool Powell who's wearing a tiara.

Steeldude
11-04-2012, 04:07 PM
His struggle with obesity...lol? That made me laugh.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 04:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YOKk4.jpg

Ben Roethlisberger is sooooo Obese!

lloydwoodson
11-04-2012, 07:46 PM

I am another Canadian who doesn't need to speak on American politics. I will talk about genuine human decency and say that I have not been homophobic since I was a teenager, that what people choose to do behind closed doors is their own business, and maybe you should think about growing up in the near future.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I am a Born again Christian and find that lifestyle offensive. I find the pushing of that disgusting choice in defiling oneself with the unnatural offensive. I find offense to the "force it down your throat weather you like it or not" mantality. They only make up 5% of the worlds population so I'm not concerned what they think. I do not believe in the lifestyle or choice in lifestyle they choose but I find it offensive to have a homo supporting president look at my colors and deface the team I love with his name on a team jersey.

I know this is a football blog so I will end with this...stay in Canada. Go back in the closet and don't force your abominable lifestyle on me and my family. God willing Obama will be out of the Whitehouse and Romney in his place. If you want to know Jesus and give your life to the Lord and recieve the Holy Spirit then please PM me so it won't interfere here. I think we are all a bit in violation of the policies here so my appologies.

Now back to football.

P.S. Sorry OP for your thread being off topic and somewhat hijacked.

frunko1
11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I am a Born again Christian and find that lifestyle offensive. I find the pushing of that disgusting choice in defiling oneself with the unnatural offensive. I find offense to the "force it down your throat weather you like it or not" mantality. They only make up 5% of the worlds population so I'm not concerned what they think. I do not believe in the lifestyle or choice in lifestyle they choose but I find it offensive to have a homo supporting president look at my colors and deface the team I love with his name on a team jersey.

I know this is a football blog so I will end with this...stay in Canada. Go back in the closet and don't force your abominable lifestyle on me and my family. God willing Obama will be out of the Whitehouse and Romney in his place. If you want to know Jesus and give your life to the Lord and recieve the Holy Spirit then please PM me so it won't interfere here. I think we are all a bit in violation of the policies here so my appologies.

Now back to football.

Can't you go be a fan of another team? You are one close minded fool.

So you would rather support a Magic Underwear wearing person, that doesn't even believe in the same god? Isn't that more blasphemous? In case you didn't know the Mormon god is a person of flesh and bone, and is an alien that came from another planet.

Third Rail
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM

Now back to football.

I find you offensive. You're a disgrace to Christianity, a disgrace to the United States, and a disgrace to Steeler Nation. You want to know why so many people hate Steelers fans? Perhaps it's because they've run into belligerent morons like you. For someone who claims to love Jesus so much... I want to you to show me a passage in the Bible where Jesus encourages us to make derogatory, homophobic slurs about people just because you don't agree with their politics.

But you can't, because you wear your Bible on your sleeve but have never taken the time to actually open it.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM
1 Corinthians 6:9 "No homosexual will inherit the kingdom of God"

That's from the mouth of the Lord himself. Jesus said they will surely die and burn in hell. They are an abomination. Leviticus 20:13.

How about Galations 5:19-26

Don't pervert or water down the Word of the Lord. Homosexuals will not know God and are living in sin. Clearly stated in the Bible. You can't argue a defiling lifestyle choice. You can hate me. It does not bother me. The bible says "If the world hates you, You know the world hated me first" John 15:18 and Mathew 10:22.

For Romney...I never said I agreed with his faith because you are correct...he is not saved. However I do believe he is the better "candidate". He will do away with ObamaCare, he will destroy Planned Parenthood which puts to murder of over 1 million babies a year and almost doubling every year and he will stop the homosexual agenda.

So do I agree with Romney in his faith...No. He does not have the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Do I believe he will create jobs and move this country into a better direction...yes.

I would also not call me a fool. You don't know who I am in the church And you will curse yourself if you speak against me. Read Mathew 5:22 about not calling someone a fool too.

Also read the Bible and the type of curse a person will reap on themselves by saying and speaking wrongly about a servant of the Lord.

This is about football so let's get back on track.

Hawaii 5-0
11-04-2012, 10:10 PM

That's from the mouth of the Lord himself. Jesus said they will surely die and burn in hell. They are an abomination. Leviticus 20:13.

Don't pervert or water down the Word of the Lord. Homosexuals will not know God and are living in sin. Clearly stated in the Bible. You can't argue a defiling lifestyle choice. You can hate me. It does not bother me. The bible says "If the world hates you, You know the world hated me first" John 15:18 and Mathew 10:22.

For Romney...I never said I agreed with his faith because you are correct...he is not saved. However I do believe he is the better "candidate". He will do away with ObamaCare, he will destroy Planned Parenthood which puts to murder of over 1 million babies a year and almost doubling every year and he will stop the homosexual agenda.

So do I agree with Romney in his faith...No. He does not have the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Do I believe he will create jobs and move this country into a better direction...yes.

I would also not call me a fool. You don't know who I am in the church And you will curse yourself if you speak against me. Read Mathew 5:22 about not calling someone a fool too.

Also read the Bible and the type of curse a person will reap on themselves by saying and speaking wrongly about a servant of the Lord.

Luke 6:37

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

and are you sure this is the right forum for your teachings?

harrison'samonster
11-04-2012, 10:15 PM

Your hate filled slurs are serving the Devil. He wants you to hate people. God wants you to share his word and to love your fellow man.

Steel_Bus_24
11-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Hes looking like 200+ Pounds of pure Champion this year.....who wakes up and pisses excellence in the morning

:tt03:

Bayz101
11-04-2012, 10:21 PM
A real christian would let GOD do the judging and worry about his own lifestyle. With that said, get it back on track.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
First off as Christian we are to judge. Read John 7:24. Jesus himself said we are to judge but judge with righteousness. Also fully read Mathew 7:5. Jesus clearly said "pull the log out of your own eye before you..."""Pull the log out of your brothers eye"""". So you can see for yourself we are to judge but we he also teaches us how we are to judge. Or did you not know we will also judge the angels? 1 Corithians 6:3. We are made in the image of God. What do you think that means? Those who have recieved the Holy Spirit are kings and priests as the Word calls us and guess what...kings judge. Put the pieces together. Ask yourself this,...why are you mad? It's because your sin is exposed and you know deep inside the Word is right. There is hope for you though. Just repent. Turn from your sins. Jesus always said "your sins are forgiven you but...Go And Sin No More"!!! So stop with the sinful lifestyle. It's a choice. Your not born gay. It's a demonic spirit. It's a choice.

Now back on topic...

Right? I think Ben is looking extremely well this year. Today's game proves that. He is much lighter and when he ran out of the pocket he ran like an 18 year old sprinter. Looks like his ankle injury is a thing of the past too. It was not a problem in todays game and I hope it wont any more either.

Go Pittsburgh!

Third Rail
11-04-2012, 10:38 PM

You were the one who threw your extremely bigoted views into the thread, so don't play they "let's get back on track" card.

And it's interesting that you bring up Matthew 5:22, since the primary focus of the verse is on anger, which Jesus explains is as great a crime as murder. You certainly seem angry about quite a few things. Better keep that in check...

But I guess you're not worried about that. Your rationale seems to be, "if you're offended by anything I say, it doesn't matter because I'm right and you're wrong!" Yeah, okay.

But you're right about one thing, I don't know who you are "in the church." I'm sure you've worked your way up to a position of high esteem at Westboro Baptist.

Oh, and good for your for quoting Leviticus and saying that was from the mouth of Jesus Himself. You are aware that is from the Old Testament and was written before Jesus walked the earth, right? You know, since you're such an expert and all. Jesus, at least while He was on Earth, never actually said anything about gay people. But if you do take every word of the Bible as directly from the mouth of Jesus and feel that every notion put forth in it still has to be followed 100%, then fine. Just don't go eating pork, because Leviticus says not to do that either.

GoFor7
11-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Where the **** is this thread going?

Hawaii 5-0
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Where the **** is this thread going?

to hell, I think...

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 11:02 PM
As I said above why don't you PM me if you would like to continue this.

Yes this was started with my comment about Obama. My bad. I have already asked the Admin to remove the comments. I did not mean to have the OP's thread hijacked. However you are still misinterpreting scripture so if you would like to talk more about this then please PM me. I have all the time in the world.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 11:32 PM
closing this thread, religion / politics has no business on a 'steelers football' forum, take it to the locker room (or blast furnace) guys.

tony hipchest
11-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Maybe it's me but I think Obama on the jersey of my precious Steelers is a disgrace. If Obama wants a team...give him the San Fransisco 49ers. They support fags so he should fit right in. Take back our colors! They don't belong on Obama!christian, you respectfully asked me to remove your posts in this thread and apologized for the hijacking, but after reading them it appears that it is YOU that needs to be removed.

since you have joined, you have misstepped with your posts and starting threads a number of times, and, as a newb, it was swept under the rug, or a kind warning was given. thats how we roll here.

but i dont care if you are new, old, a steelerfan, or bunglefan, gal, guy, gay, straight, democratic, republican, christian, or islam, black or white, if i see ANYONE posting this type of ignorant bullshit on our forums, there will be consequences.

you feel free to judge people in your real life, but on steelersfever.com, as moderator, i get to play judge, and i wont hesitate to ban your ass permanently in a microsecond if i ever see this type of crap from you (or anyone else) again.

:wave:

Bayz101
11-05-2012, 12:19 AM
I hate that discussions are ended on behalf of a single member. It sucks, but this can't be happening. I'm a religious person, and I keep conversations of that matter either in the proper forum, or in a private setting. This should serve as an example.

That's all folks.