PDA

View Full Version : Gameday Predictions - at Giants

Vis
11-04-2012, 06:51 AM
I have no idea what today will bring with the travel issues, etc... Remember, Sandy will have messed with the Giants all week.

Stab in the dark: 24-20 Steelers

Atlanta Dan
11-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Giants 27 - Steelers 20

This is the best offense and defensive line the Steelers have faced this year

TRH
11-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Giants 37 - Steelers 23

I just can't see our defense, which has been hugely suspect and transparent much more often than not, holding/containing the Giants offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Giants put up even more than 40. Hope not and i'd love to see Pittsburgh surprise me, but thats where i'm at right now.

StainlessStill
11-04-2012, 07:39 AM
I can't gage this one. I seriously don't know what team will show up, on either side for that matter. The Giants are battling a National tragedy, coming off an emotional win against Dallas and is riding a 4 game winning streak. The Steelers NEED a signature win and know it.

Steelers 28, Giants 24

TRH
11-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I can't gage this one. I seriously don't know what team will show up, on either side for that matter. The Giants are battling a National tragedy, coming off an emotional win against Dallas and is riding a 4 game winning streak. The Steelers NEED a signature win and know it.

Steelers 28, Giants 24

the "weather tragedy" thing puts the emotional backing clearly on the Giants. This is when teams always seem to "overcome all odds" and achieve victory. Thats why i have the Giants on top in this one with a huge emotional win today (combined with our shoddy defense).
Hope not, but the odds and history are on their side, big time.

btaylor179
11-04-2012, 07:42 AM
yea our dbs wont be able to cover those wrs......gmen 31 steelers 20 hope like hell im wrong

StainlessStill
11-04-2012, 08:18 AM
the "weather tragedy" thing puts the emotional backing clearly on the Giants. This is when teams always seem to "overcome all odds" and achieve victory. Thats why i have the Giants on top in this one with a huge emotional win today (combined with our shoddy defense).

I never buy into the "overcome all odds" moniker when a tragedy hits. When the Giants themselves are saying "We will win this one for N.Y to look to something good.." then they are incredibly putting even more pressure on themselves to win.

They could try way too hard to make plays and we're not a good team to force things upon. We're hitting our stride. It's football, hopefully we can catch them in an overconfident moment. That said, it could go either way. I'm not expecting to win like I would going against a team like Cleveland, but I do think we will put up a fight and the chances at coming away with a W are quite large considering our own hole we dug by ourselves from a FOOTBALL standpoint. We're dangerous in that regard, Hurricane withstanding.

Millers the sh!t
11-04-2012, 08:29 AM
We lose by 13. Should be more but we score a td in garbage time.

Atlanta Dan
11-04-2012, 08:30 AM

IMO it will be more the shoddy defense being exposed than any "win one for the storm victims" message that the NFL's cheerleaders may be selling today

Teams playing games doesn't help relief efforts; donating money does

We always want to make the games part of the relief effort, as if they’re being played for the victims. They’re not. They never have been and never will be. Of course there have been bad times before this when we all wanted to buy into the romantic conceit that our teams and our athletes can somehow make us feel that we’re all in something together. We’re not. Even at their best, they’re just games....

Do sports offer a few hours of relief from the pictures we keep seeing on television? Sure. People lucky enough to have Knicks tickets were happy to see their team play well. Carmelo Anthony, who had a big night, talked about how the Knicks had done that. And that is all they did, and all sports ever does....

“It’s all right for sports to make you glad.”

It was all right for the Knicks to do that, will be all right for the Giants to do that. One of the best things about the New York Marathon being cancelled is that we are spared from listening to announcers spend the day telling us What It All Means, as if the running of this race had anything to do with the tragedies of Sandy. Football announcers should keep that in mind today, starting with the ones working the Giants-Steelers game.

Everybody will be asked to pause and reflect about the victims of Sandy today when the business of the National Football League goes on at MetLife Stadium. Then the games will go on. They always do, sometimes sooner rather than later.
They’re just not part of the relief effort.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/lupica-playing-games-doesn-relief-efforts-money-article-1.1196399

steelerchad
11-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Man. A lot of doubters today. I think we just played our first complete game last week. Although it was against a weak D. The Giants D isn't that great this year either. I think it's kind of high scoring. 30-24 Steelers.

Ricco Suavez
11-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Giants eke out wins last two games and the opposing teams cough up like 10 turnovers, Eli has not looked very good the last two weeks. If the team that beat SF shows up we got to play a near perfect game just to keep it close, but if we do not make multiple turnovers and if we are as effective on offense as we have been I see us winning this game 28-21.

teegre
11-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Elsewhere, in another thread, I had predicted a shoot-our, w/ BB throwing five TDs to Manning's four (plus two FGs):
Steelers 35
NYGiants 34

BUT...

Just this morning, I got word that the Steelers would score seven TDs, which would be two more TDs (not sure from where: special teams, defense, a RB). Ergo:
Steelers 49
NYGiants 34

The first one seems more likely, but I'm not going to question this new information.

Rick5895
11-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Despite our RB injury issues I believe we win. It will be close with us winning by 3 or 4. My guess would be 27-23.
My using hero is Will Johnson. He has speed, good feet and great hands. I believe he could carry the load if necessary.

FanSince72
11-04-2012, 09:28 AM

That's the first thing I thought of after Sandy left (and after my power came back on -- 94 hours later).

I think the "New Jersey Deserves Some Good News" thing is a bit much to overcome.
I know there's no rational explanation as to why I or others may think that way, but it just seems to usually work out that way after such disasters -- and believe me, Sandy WAS and IS a disaster of epic proportions.

If this was just a normal NFL week, I'd say we could win but it would be very close (less than 3 points). But with the emotional baggage attached to this game, I think a win would be tough.

TRH
11-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Man. A lot of doubters today. I think we just played our first complete game last week. Although it was against a weak D. The Giants D isn't that great this year either. I think it's kind of high scoring. 30-24 Steelers.

i don't know that i'd call it "doubting" as much as i just think the Giants are a more well-rounded team than we have right now and also have a better-rounded coaching staff and i think they clearly have the advantage.
That said : i of course, hope we somehow pull out the win.

Ricco Suavez
11-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Giants have not looked like "world beaters". Dallas and Romo gift wrapped a win and the Redskins safety forgot to not let a wideout get by him in the last minutes of the game. I think unless one team just has everything go their way today, a close game and hopefully we play mostly error free and pull out a much needed win. I worry more about this preemptive strike from the Giants camp about the officiating.

TRH
11-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Giants have not looked like "world beaters". Dallas and Romo gift wrapped a win and the Redskins safety forgot to not let a wideout get by him in the last minutes of the game. I think unless one team just has everything go their way today, a close game and hopefully we play mostly error free and pull out a much needed win. I worry more about this preemptive strike from the Giants camp about the officiating.

those "strikes" were very shrewd by the Giants. While we do have the "real" officials back - history shows that they are indeed swayed by both news media and reputation - unfortunately.

LVSteelersfan
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
The Steelers will control the clock like they have every other game this year. No way this game is a shootout with 70+ points scored by both teams. I suspect a score more like 20-17. Not sure which team gets the 20 though.

tony hipchest
11-04-2012, 01:25 PM
steelers-31
giants-27

Vis
11-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Any word on the flight? Delayed?

Atlanta Dan
11-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Another top shelf NFC team (Chicago) - 31 at Tennessee - 2

Maybe the Steelers are ready to beat a good team on the road. I will believe it when i see it

tony hipchest
11-04-2012, 01:50 PM
goodell is turning todays game into his own personal tribute to hurricaine victims.

im not a conspiracy thorist but he is a c0ck. it may be preordained that we lose.

WVABE
11-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Manny catches the game winning TD with 14 seconds left in the game.

Steelers 21
Giants 20

DoctorCAD
11-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Watching the Panthers destroy the Redskins does little to make me think we have improved enough to beat the Giants. The Panthers are horrible.

I think it will be way one-sided 21 - 6 Giants.

I hope Im wrong because I am hosting a Giants fan family for the game, nothing sucks more than losing when there are opponent fans in your home, and you csnt kick their ass because they are friends.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 02:17 PM
I think 14 point spread in favor of Puttsburgh.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 02:17 PM
giants 27-24

i think we'll play them tough but i'm not confident we will pull a road win against a very good giants team.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Watching the Panthers destroy the Redskins does little to make me think we have improved enough to beat the Giants. The Panthers are horrible.

I think it will be way one-sided 21 - 6 Giants.

I hope Im wrong because I am hosting a Giants fan family for the game, nothing sucks more than losing when there are opponent fans in your home, and you csnt kick their ass because they are friends.

watching the bengals play denver tough though can be promising. RG3 probably lost his confidence after last weekend

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 03:42 PM
I hope this first couple of plays is not an indication of how the rest of the game is going to go. A big hole AGAIN in special teams defense....our defense not stopping plays....penalties again and our offensive line not blocking for Big Ben.

MACH1
11-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I hope this first couple of plays is not an indication of how the rest of the game is going to go. A big hole AGAIN in special teams defense....our defense not stopping plays....penalties again and our offensive line not blocking for Big Ben.

Theres a game day thread for this.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Where is it at? I am relatively new to this site do I don't know where everything is.

MACH1
11-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Top of the page in the Game Reporter section

Vis
11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
someone please look at the original post in this thread. I'll wait....

teegre
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
someone please look at the original post in this thread. I'll wait....

That guy was smart. :)