PDA

View Full Version : WR screens

Millers the sh!t
11-04-2012, 12:17 PM
It's a big part of our offense. Im wondering how long we can keep being successful running them so frequently. Anyone else think that this will be the week they start to blow up in our face? I'm kind of dubious about how effective they will be against the giants defense and especially that long armed bastard Dhalsim they have on the edge.

LVSteelersfan
11-04-2012, 01:14 PM
These screens are just setting up other plays later in the season. I honestly believe Haley looks at the whole picture of a season instead of the Arians trying to jam a square peg into a round hole mentality.

Millers the sh!t
11-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I def see what ur saying. I've written in other threads that he seems to throw a curveball in when thongs start to get repetitive or predictable. BUT, it still does take a bunch of the plays to set up the curveball. And I'm guessing they'll be defending them well enough not to let the Steelers use their trick variation of the screen. I hope I'm wrong. Thanks for your input and enjoy the game.

Steelersfan87
11-04-2012, 02:04 PM
The WR screen already set up a seem route for Miller in the beginning of the last game. As others have said, it's all interconnected. Now, if 5 WR screens in a row get blown up, I would imagine that Haley would move away from it for a bit. Everything I've been reading of him is how he's been adaptable, particularly in terms of calling run plays, which I like to hear.