PDA

View Full Version : Bad Officiating Could Cost Us this Game

3rdandlong
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM
A bad call of PI on Keenan Lewis and a BS call of a blow to the head on Clark. He never even touched his head. The refs are doing everything they can to screw us

BlaZeQuietly
11-04-2012, 05:20 PM
poor nyc had a little storm lets make sure the giants win so they can recover

SteeleReign
11-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Yep - the NFL needs the Giants to win this game. Many were questioning the playing of this game today due to the hurricane, so a Giants win will make it all better. BS calls.

RichardCullinanForever
11-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I haven't complained about 'real' refs once this year, but that last drive was an utter disgrace to their professions. Gave them 7 points. What a slap in the face to our defense, and our momentum.

RichardCullinanForever
11-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Even though the 'fumble' will be overturned, once again, pitiful officiating on what was a pretty obvious forward pass.

RichardCullinanForever
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM
OMG - worst call ever.

eric12401
11-04-2012, 05:31 PM
As a Giants fan.. I sincerely apologize for these refs... this is horrible. I actually feel bad for them.

3rdandlong
11-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Complete BS on the "fumble"

defence
11-04-2012, 06:08 PM
This ref crew should be held responsible. All 3 calls were bs!! They can say all they want about the Rothlesberger fumble; even Cohwer caalling it a fumble; but that was crap. An absolute disgrace on all 3 calls. Sorry Ny for what happened in the storm; but now the Steelers are paying for it!!

truesteelerfan
11-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Goodell is in the stadium- I'm sure he had a meeting with the refs before the game reminding them what ny has at stake, and who our repeat offenders are to watch closely- fair or not, he is cheering for the giants today n

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 06:14 PM
AHHRRRRGGGG!!!! Now that I am done screaming at the TV I agree whole heartedly! The refs are NO better then those scab refs. So far EVERY single game we have played this year there is a BS call made by a BS official costing us a touchdown or costing us a touchdown block (3rd down conversion) on the other team causing us to get 7 points scored against us.

How about the clip on the pick up after the BS interception? Even the announcers said the refs made the wrong call. Man I am so mad!!!! F these stupid refs. Someone has money on this game. Stinking NewYorkers! Always cheating. Always cheaters. That's been their M.O. Since the beginning because they can't beat us with talent!

mikegrimey
11-04-2012, 06:17 PM
^ you sound more distraught then a sane person should about bad officiating.

FanSince72
11-04-2012, 06:21 PM
With all due respect to the people of New Jersey and to the notion of a "feel good" win for their Giants, I really don't think the refs should be helping to make that a reality.

The first PI call was a complete fabrication and even the second one could be debated.

As far as Ben's fumble goes, didn't Eli just throw a similar pass in their last drive of the first half? Ben's hand wasn't "empty" and even though it probably should be a fumble, we all know that if it was Brady or anyone from the Manning family, that would go down as an incomplete pass.

On a positive note, Redman is looking like a stud.

beer72
11-04-2012, 06:24 PM
I shouldn't post right now!!!!!!:mad:

SteelersCanada
11-04-2012, 06:25 PM
The sympathy for Sandy clearly extended to the refs. That, or Coughlin just wore out his kneepads before the start of this game. Complete and total bullshit. The cherry on top of this shit sundae? Goodell is there to see all this happen and I can guarantee he'll back all of this bullshit.

WVABE
11-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm just waitin' for Karma, but the refs will probably throw a flag on a descent play.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
^ you sound more distraught then a sane person should about bad officiating.

I have an idea...how about you shut your mouth. You don't know me so don't open your mouth to call me insane. No one has been name calling here so if you open your mouth again like that I will report you to the administrator. Keep it to the post title and not personal insults!

And yes I am mad because of the unfairity and injustice of it all.

rcoplien
11-04-2012, 06:32 PM
2 things that was a forward throwing ball!!! Plane and simple. How do you not see that? Also why didn't we go for the field goal vs punting it in the 3rd quarter? REFs suck tonight.

JWashington
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't know if the storm has anything to do with this and I hope not but they are definately handing NY a clear advantage and it's just blatant.

TRH
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
"NY" refs trying their BEST to give this game to the poor, disaster-stricken NY fans.

Just in the 1st half :

#1 - Giants deep in their own territory. Manning throws bomb into our territory. Keenan Lewis called for a complete "phantom", didn't touch him, never-happened interference call. This puts the Giants down at OUR 20-yard-ish line. Completely setting them up to score.

#2 - Then - after Steelers stop Giants on a goal-line stance - the refs call a completely BS (again, didn't happen) on Ryan Clark for hitting someone after the play and in the head (when it really happened bang-bang and Clark hit him well below the shoulder anyways)...a completely legal, clean hit.
Giants now 1st and 10 on the "inches" yard line - ensuring a score.

#3 - the "fumble" on Ben....that was clearly a forward pass attempt. They even got to look at the replay! And still called it a turnover!! That would never be called on any other QB in the league.

And thats all before the 1st half even ends. Lewis was also called for pass int on another long bomb where he was more clearly guilty - but the moral of the story remains the same :
If you're Eli Manning - hell - just throw deep hail mary bombs all the time. The chances that the refs will be able to get away with calling either a real or fraudulent pass int call would be nearly 100%. Every time.

Halftime score : NY Giants 14, refs pulling for the NY area disaster stricken team to win 14, Steelers 7

How in the &*#*$ are you supposed to win a game like this????

mikegrimey
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I have an idea...how about you shut your mouth. You don't know me so don't open your mouth to call me insane. No one has been name calling here so if you open your mouth again like that I will report you to the administrator. Keep it to the post title and not personal insults!

And yes I am mad because of the unfairity and injustice of it all.

Exactly what I thought, you sound distressed

Hawaii 5-0
11-04-2012, 06:41 PM
that was a forward throwing ball!!! Plane and simple. How do you not see that?

during the halftime show Bill Cowher said it was a correct call by the referees, that it was a fumble.

defence
11-04-2012, 06:46 PM
during the halftime show Bill Cowher said it was a correct call by the referees, that it was a fumble.

Ya and he has to watch what he says because he works for the networks. They also never talked about the phantom pass interference and the block in the back on the so called fumble.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 06:47 PM
i was thinking about donating to the relief effort in NY but it seems like the refs already covered that

casteeler
11-04-2012, 06:48 PM
I can't see how this officiating can be considered neutral? It's pretty easy to see what's going on

WVABE
11-04-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm shocked a flag wasn't thrown on the Wallace TD.

rcoplien
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
WTF didn't we kick the fricken field goal???? Why on earth would you do a sneak in the 4th quarter????

sexyllama
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Cowher is wrong:

When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball...

The official rule makes sense otherwise every time a QB throws the ball and is it hit... it would be fumble... which can't moved forward by offensive team.

Just a bad call by the Officials. But forget the officials... WTF Tomlin a fake field goal on the 3 yard line? Seriously, the worst place to call a fake. Defenders are all up and if you need a yard, I'd rather have Ben, Wallace, Brown, Heath, etc... than a slow ass punter... Ugh...

:tt:

TRH
11-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Ya and he has to watch what he says because he works for the networks. They also never talked about the phantom pass interference and the block in the back on the so called fumble.

Thats right. Thats exactly what i had thought when Simms backtracked on-air. The networks are pandering to the major markets and advertisers too. And the analysts will only go so far in saying whats right and will look to protect their jobs.

Bayz101
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the refs, the Giants, the crowd AND the booth officials in this game.

ohio black&gold
11-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Tomlin ,when asked about penalties during post game conference " some of the penalties were suspect"

jtbsteeler
11-04-2012, 07:44 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers beat the refs, the Giants, the crowd AND the booth officials in this game.

No doubt. And the injuries. One of the sweetest feelings I've felt during the regular season that I've had in a long time. Probably beating the Cowboys.

TRH
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM

i actually thought the booth, for some reason, praised us more than they did the Giants today which was very surprising - considering Simms was one of the crew (aside from Simms backtracking on the "fumble" from Ben that really didn't happen...).
But yes, you're right. We definitely had to beat the refs. I don't know which call was worse....the phantom call on Keenan Lewis for pass interference when he didn't even touch him - or the complete BS call on Ryan Clark in the endzone.
Officials should be embarrassed for both of those calls.

Darkstorm05
11-04-2012, 07:49 PM
When Shill Simms was disagreeing on that fumble call, then after a commercial break was worshiping it as the best call ever, I was thinking someone got a call on the red phone and asked what they thought they were doing with that anti-NY talk.

defence
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Thats right. Thats exactly what i had thought when Simms backtracked on-air. The networks are pandering to the major markets and advertisers too. And the analysts will only go so far in saying whats right and will look to protect their jobs.

You are bang on. Sims was saying the fumble was coming back; then on the commercial break; he back tracked all the way. It's a disgusting display of officiating and i'm astonished we won this game. the refs gave the Giants 11 points from crap calls(believe me i would love to use another word). How about Tomlin having to challenge a 1st down by Cruz when everyone in the stadium could see he ran back on his own. I just hope something like this doesn't happen again; especially in a playoff game. And the NFL has to start to hold these guys accountable!! :tt03:

harrison'samonster
11-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't know which call was worse....the phantom call on Keenan Lewis for pass interference when he didn't even touch him - or the complete BS call on Ryan Clark in the endzone.
Officials should be embarrassed for both of those calls.

I feel the exact same way. After those two calls on I'm confident in saying that the real refs aren't much better than the replacements.

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Sign of a mentally tough team. Refs try to bone us but we battle our butts off and pull out a big win on the road against a good team.

But really though, Bill Leavy and his crew should be embarrassed

austinfrench76
11-04-2012, 08:28 PM
NFL pro talk, LaConfora and a bunch of others were attacking the calls on twitter. It was no secret, they wanted NY to get the win but for the 1stvtime ever I don't think it had anything to do with Pittsburgh. NY needed something it's just BS for Goodell to do it that way.

steve314
11-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Interesting that there's even an article on nfl.com about it.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090030/article/new-york-giants-benefit-from-two-shaky-calls-by-refs

tony hipchest
11-04-2012, 08:37 PM
i am still at a loss for words. actually. i just want to go off with a million words but many have already said what i was feeling watching that travesty unfold. NEVER have i given up on a steelers game before halftime.

today i said "the fix is in" and then said out loud that there was no way we could win. for the first time, i actually wanted to turn it off and stop watching.

im glad i didnt. the steelers showed a type of resiliance i have rarely seen, and i really believe it comes from tomlin. so glad to have him as coach. i dont believe in his balls of steel calls sometimes, but i definitely respect it.

kinda ashamed of all the steelerfans who have trashed him, wallace, ike, lebeau, etc. they all did great in the face of insurmountable adversity.

casteeler
11-04-2012, 08:44 PM
It seems Steeler nation is on the same page. The Steelers played there best game of the year, the Offense,Defense and Special team together Won that game dispute a pretty obvious effort by the NFL to hand the NY Giants the game. I can't help but to think that the Rooney Family should consider this afternoon a slap in the face

Darkstorm05
11-04-2012, 08:46 PM
i am still at a loss for words. actually. i just want to go off with a million words but many have already said what i was feeling watching that travesty unfold. NEVER have i given up on a steelers game before halftime.

today i said "the fix is in" and then said out loud that there was no way we could win. for the first time, i actually wanted to turn it off and stop watching.

im glad i didnt. the steelers showed a type of resiliance i have rarely seen, and i really believe it comes from tomlin. so glad to have him as coach. i dont believe in his balls of steel calls sometimes, but i definitely respect it.

kinda ashamed of all the steelerfans who have trashed him, wallace, ike, lebeau, etc. they all did great in the face of insurmountable adversity.

It was similar here. Nobody wanted to say it out loud, but man it was bad. The second half was an amazing rally. I wouldn't be shocked if Tomlins halftime speech was something like "They're trying to screw us, but let's throw it back in their faces".

OX1947
11-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Steelers are not the Seahawks, they play through it.

SteelersCanada
11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
This team is ready to roll. I was saying the whole week that if we could beat the Giants, there's no one we can't beat. One thing we can't do, though, is look past Kansas City right now. One game at a time - even though I know we're all hyped for the Ratbirds in two weeks.

steelfury02
11-04-2012, 08:49 PM
"Yes, that's right. Excellent. Everything is happening according to my design. Uh, why hello there!"
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120927224159/southpark/images/9/9c/Nfl_commissioner_goodell.PNG

tony hipchest
11-04-2012, 08:51 PM
i knew we would fight and try to rally, but i really believed it was a futile effort.

roger goodell had no choice but to call off his dogs at halftime. it was becoming blatantly obvious to the ENTIRE NATION that the fix was in.

he almost gave HIS league a black eye of skeptisism that would be tough to recover from, in the midst of his bountygate and concussion lawsuits.

as if a miracle from God was handed out at halftime, the penalties suprisingly evened out in the second half. i guess the conspirators already figured the damage was done and the steelers would fold up the tent.

**** them. we laugh last and loudest, yet im still not in a laughing mood.

never been so pissed after a game... win or lose. :mad:

tanda10506
11-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Goodel was in the house and wanted to play up the "emotional victory" for the Giants. That game was rigged and I won't be convinced otherwise, they just didn't plan on the Steelers defense only giving up 6 points all game, so the 14 that the refs spotted the Giants wasn't enough.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
will ryan clark get fined for hitting cruz in the ribs? lol

madtowndrunkard
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
There's no defense of Tomlin's fake FG.... none at all. There is a time and place for that. Sure you can make crazy gambles once in a while...I'm ok with it.... Just not in the 4th quarter, on a Gimmie FG that ties the game.... that's just whacked. I can't even believe it was attempted actually. I'm waiting to here that the play call was mixed up or something... stupid with a capitol S.

As for the officiating... that was as fixed as I've seen. I've seen many of fixes games IMO... this was just another one were they did a poor job of covering up the blatant attempt to predetermine the outcome of a game. There is NO way you can explain the officiating in that game... it's happened before though... so lets not pretend this kind of thing doesn't exist. The fix was in... it wasn't enough, luckily for us.

Every year it seems like a lose a little bit of love for the game.... I really thought about shutting off the game... I mean I really thought about it. I left the room and thought why do I care if it's fixed? I no longer watch other games... I'm now even ok with missing a game if something is going on.... I know I'm not the only one. Ratings have to be dropping. The game has declined dramatically in many ways.

TRH
11-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Goodel was in the house and wanted to play up the "emotional victory" for the Giants. That game was rigged and I won't be convinced otherwise, they just didn't plan on the Steelers defense only giving up 6 points all game, so the 14 that the refs spotted the Giants wasn't enough.

very well said. That was a rock solid attempt by the ref crew in the first half to give the home team, ravished by natural disaster, the win.

I think the only reason they weren't as awful in the 2nd half is because it was so blatant in the first half, that they couldn't possibly do the same thing in another half.

Edman
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Watching the first half I was at a complete loss for words. I couldn't believe it.

-PI that wasn't PI.
-A personal foul when the Steelers stopped the Giants, where Clark hit Cruz in the shoulders.
-The Incomplete Pass ruled a fumble.

These three calls alone put 14 points on the board for the G-Men.

steelfury02
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Dat Goodell put the fix on things, see - and well, I say F U Goodell.
http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/beebop33/cagn/4.jpg

ZoneBlitzer
11-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Clearly fixed. Without a doubt. The league wanted it to be a feel-good story. Really scary to see this level of corruption in the game. Thank God, the Steelers prevailed.

fujirama24
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Completely agree with all of you this was horrible and disgraceful for the league. The PI against Lewis was bad and he played a great game by the way. The hit on cruz don't get me started it was as clean as anything I've seen this year. But andre brown was stopped clearly had the half yard line and they don't overturn it. Then ben's arm is going forward and they don't overturn that. We were going straight bonkers. I said why even watch this stuff they are obviously sticking it to us. They want that heart felt story for New York. I am not saying anything bad about the New Yorkers My prayers are with those people. But this is suppose to be a fair football game. And clearly it wasn't. This is another reason why GODell needs to go.

steelcity1974
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
As a Giants fan.. I sincerely apologize for these refs... this is horrible. I actually feel bad for them.

You're a gentleman and a scholar.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Plainly put "Goodell" looked really bad with this. I am not saying he was guilty of rigging the game but it sure looked like it.

I agree it was disgraceful. I am very proud of my Steelers today. They stared down the barrel of a loaded gun and they shouted "pull the trigger"! Despite the outcome the fought through adversity and overcame the evil that is know as official fixed play calling!

I commend the Steelers for pulling together as a team and fighting back. It reminded me of the movie "Facing the Giants" ironically. It looked like an impossible unwinnable situation but they fought through the muk and won! Chins high and Goodell...you can suck on that!

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I really don't mind losing from getting outplayed, but losing because of bad calls really pisses me off.

hell, we didn't lose but i'm still pissed at that ref crew.

wera176
11-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Whew, for a minute there I thought I was on a Seachicken forum... :blah:

(Yes, the calls ticked me off too, but time to get over it....) :drink:

TRH
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Whew, for a minute there I thought I was on a Seachicken forum... :blah:

(Yes, the calls ticked me off too, but time to get over it....) :drink:

i think everyone has a right to b*tch this time around - these were not fly-by-night calls that didn't matter - the 3 big ones within minutes of each other, each and all could have had game-changing (losing) consequences.
And another thing - these weren't "borderline" calls. They just did NOT happen.
I don't mind seeing everyone blowing off steam tonight. Good reason to.

We'll just have to see what the NFL and ESPN talk shows of the world have to say about it tomorrow morning (if anything at all....) lol

btaylor179
11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
we won and that is crazy to me because it was evident noone wanted us to win!!!!!! great game steelers

Steel_Bus_24
11-04-2012, 10:12 PM
That flag on Clark was just utter BS......

Ryan should get the Player reps together and get the rules changed to where the NFL pays the players for such blatant sh**.....better yet, have it taken directly out of that motherfather Goodell's account

Look my heart goes out to the people who are struggling all over the East Coast....but the NFL tried to turn the steelers into that team the Globe Trotters always kick the sh** out of and make fun of to lighten up the mood

Glad the Steelers weren't having any of it

lardlad
11-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I have never seen officiating like that in my life. You cannot help but wonder if the fix was in on this.

• Big hit
• Steelers playing
• Opposing team has a player on the ground

--Throw a flag, don't even think about it.

• Helmet to helmet hit
• Steelers have the ball

--Pick up the flag

• Quarterback gets shot in the face with a rocket launcher
• It's Ben

--Don't throw a flag.

Steel Peon
11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
So, just remember people......from this point out, whenever a QB's arm is touched by a defensive player while in a throwing motion, and the ball is released, then that's a fumble. You all got got that? Even if the ball goes forwards out of the QB's hand, it's a fumble if his arm gets jostled.

This goes down as one of the worst referee calls I have ever witnessed, and for a turn over and a TD, no less.

Darkstorm05
11-04-2012, 10:19 PM
So, just remember people......from this point out, whenever a QB's arm is touched by a defensive player while in a throwing motion, and the ball is released, then that's a fumble. You all got got that? Even if the ball goes forwards out of the QB's hand, it's a fumble if his arm gets jostled.

This goes down as one of the worst referee calls I have ever witnessed, and for a turn over and a TD, no less.

I'm still trying to find out what went down on the clip on Heath. I could have sworn one of the refs initially signaled a clip but then got shut down by the other refs, and no flag ever flew.

ZoneBlitzer
11-04-2012, 10:26 PM

Yup. Duly noted. That's the new rule now.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Yup. Duly noted. That's the new rule now.

it was the tuck rule, now it's the justin tuck rule? :P

teegre
11-04-2012, 10:55 PM
it was the tuck rule, now it's the justin tuck rule? :P

Now, THAT was freakin' awesome!!! Great post.

cydnub
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
"NY" refs trying their BEST to give this game to the poor, disaster-stricken NY fans.

Just in the 1st half :

#1 - Giants deep in their own territory. Manning throws bomb into our territory. Keenan Lewis called for a complete "phantom", didn't touch him, never-happened interference call. This puts the Giants down at OUR 20-yard-ish line. Completely setting them up to score.

#2 - Then - after Steelers stop Giants on a goal-line stance - the refs call a completely BS (again, didn't happen) on Ryan Clark for hitting someone after the play and in the head (when it really happened bang-bang and Clark hit him well below the shoulder anyways)...a completely legal, clean hit.
Giants now 1st and 10 on the "inches" yard line - ensuring a score.

#3 - the "fumble" on Ben....that was clearly a forward pass attempt. They even got to look at the replay! And still called it a turnover!! That would never be called on any other QB in the league.

And..

#4 The clip on Heath that apparently wasn't, during the "fumble" return. Would have disallowed that touchdown.

#5 The spear on Rainey that knocked him out of the game that apparently happened before the whistle, except it didn't.

Way to go Steelers. Way to pick it up and win anyway. Couldn't be more proud.

jjpro11
11-05-2012, 12:05 AM
The Ben call was terrible.. The ball may have moved when the defender initially made contact with Ben's arm, but Ben was still able to regain control of the ball, firmly grip it, and throw it forward. The open hand rule is when the QB has no control over the ball with his hand;and he essentially pushes it forward with the palm of his hand.

GoFor7
11-05-2012, 12:35 AM
http://www.stillers.com/UserFiles/Images/Trenches/AdolfGoodell-01.png

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN!

Was zum Teufel? Ich habe Bill Leavy dort sicherstellen, dass die New York Giants gewonnen! Ich sagte ihm zu werfen flags Jedes Mal wenn die Steelers in den Ecken verteidigt einen Pass und wenn Ryan Clark hauchte der Giants 'Empfanger! Der grobe Markt Hype Team sollte im die schmutzigen Pittsburgh Steelers schlagen! Holen Sir mir Feldmarschall Kraft! Die Steelers werden dafur bezahlen! James Harrison wird in der Schuld langer als die Vereinigten Staaten sein wird!

HEIL GOODELL!

JVip
11-05-2012, 01:18 AM
You are bang on. Sims was saying the fumble was coming back; then on the commercial break; he back tracked all the way. It's a disgusting display of officiating and i'm astonished we won this game. the refs gave the Giants 11 points from crap calls(believe me i would love to use another word). How about Tomlin having to challenge a 1st down by Cruz when everyone in the stadium could see he ran back on his own. I just hope something like this doesn't happen again; especially in a playoff game. And the NFL has to start to hold these guys accountable!! :tt03:

I thought they added a part in the refs cba where they would be graded on their officiating, if they didn't grade well they would lose the privledge to officiate certain high profile games. I know this was a sticking point in negotations, but I don't know when or if this will happen.:noidea:

JVip
11-05-2012, 01:53 AM
i think everyone has a right to b*tch this time around - these were not fly-by-night calls that didn't matter - the 3 big ones within minutes of each other, each and all could have had game-changing (losing) consequences.
And another thing - these weren't "borderline" calls. They just did NOT happen.
I don't mind seeing everyone blowing off steam tonight. Good reason to.

We'll just have to see what the NFL and ESPN talk shows of the world have to say about it tomorrow morning (if anything at all....) lol

NFL network is all "yes" men that are the worst in the business. I am sure they don't want overlord Goodell there twisting panties because they called out the refs on the horendous officiating. ESPN is way better for pointing out officiating bungles. Plus they actually have a few qualified journalists at ESPN, as opposed to people like Sapp who are not well spoken and talk out of their rectum a majority of the time.

torpedoshell31
11-05-2012, 07:08 AM
I was hoping that Ben would re-enact the scene from the "Longest Yard" and drill Bill Leavy where it hurts. What a great win for the Steelers who totally dominated the Giants. If the game would have been called fairly we win by something like 27-6.

Terminator
11-05-2012, 08:00 AM
It was very painful watching that 1st quarter. I felt like the NFL wanted the Giants to win so badly for the great media story. Hard not to believe that was the case.

Our defense stepped up bigtime in the 4th quarter.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-05-2012, 08:13 AM
This is the sad hypocracy of it all. if those guys were replacement refs, the media and fans would be all over them. But they made crappy calls that cost the Steelers 11 points and get paid$150,000 a year for a part time job.

defence
11-05-2012, 12:49 PM
This is the sad hypocracy of it all. if those guys were replacement refs, the media and fans would be all over them. But they made crappy calls that cost the Steelers 11 points and get paid$150,000 a year for a part time job.

150 000 a year!!! Where do I sign up!!! The way that game was officiated; I'm sure I can do an equal job. One request; I only want to do Ravens and Patriots games if they want me to ref like that!!:tt02:

TheVet
11-05-2012, 05:01 PM
This isn't just a few Steelers fans griping - lots of football people saw the same thing that we all saw.

The NFL needs to come out with some sort of statement regarding the officiating in this game. (Although I can't imagine what it would be..) This had all the credibility of the World Wrestling Federation.

Fire Arians
11-05-2012, 05:05 PM
This isn't just a few Steelers fans griping - lots of football people saw the same thing that we all saw.

The NFL needs to come out with some sort of statement regarding the officiating in this game. (Although I can't imagine what it would be..) This had all the credibility of the World Wrestling Federation.

no kidding, if the refs were any more biased they'd be trying to knock down roethlisberger passes or trying to tackle redman... well maybe not the latter. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
150 000 a year!!! Where do I sign up!!! The way that game was officiated; I'm sure I can do an equal job. One request; I only want to do Ravens and Patriots games if they want me to ref like that!!:tt02:

The new eight-year contract -- the longest ever for officials, according to the NFL -- gives the union referees a pay bump from $149,000 a year in 2011 to $173,000 in 2013. The pay will rise to $205,000 by 2019

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/29/sport/football/nfl-referees-contract/index.html

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
This is another example that I wish the NFL didnt give in to the refs. They aren't much better than the replacements were.

NFL: Officials made bad call on DeAngelo Williams TD
Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams was on his way to a 30-yard touchdown on homecoming weekend against the Washington Redskins when a referee blew an inadvertent whistle.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000090886/article/nfl-officials-made-bad-call-on-deangelo-williams-td

Steel Peon
11-06-2012, 08:24 PM
It's 2 days after the fact, and I'm still really ****ing pissed off about that fumble call. More than anything it's about how much of a no-friggin-brainer of a call it should have damn well been. It's now a lot harder for me to accept a sports league that's even capable of so horribly mis-interpreting the CLEARASFARKINGDAY rule about what constitutes a forward friggin pass. Sure, the other bad calls were pretty crappy, but AT LEAST they're open for a judgement call, and are not reviewable. This play was gone over with a fine tooth dildo, and they still humped the shit out of the dog.......NFL refs are now OFFICIALLY a travesty in my mind.

Hawaii 5-0
11-06-2012, 08:32 PM
It's 2 days after the fact, and I'm still really ****ing pissed off about that fumble call. More than anything it's about how much of a no-friggin-brainer of a call it should have damn well been. It's now a lot harder for me to accept a sports league that's even capable of so horribly mis-interpreting the CLEARASFARKINGDAY rule about what constitutes a forward friggin pass. Sure, the other bad calls were pretty crappy, but AT LEAST they're open for a judgement call, and are not reviewable. This play was gone over with a fine tooth dildo, and they still humped the shit out of the dog.......NFL refs are now OFFICIALLY a travesty in my mind.

I would be more upset if we had lost, but we won.