PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball VS Giants

beer72
11-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Redman #33:drink:

Bayz101
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Great game by Redman. Our line is looking excellent.

Ricco Suavez
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Redman 1A Defense 1B

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 07:31 PM
redman

steelfury02
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Redman and Defense.

TRH
11-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Redman. Emmanual Sanders was up there too. And a case on defense could be made for Keenan Lewis. He played a monster game and had a fake pass-interference penalty called on him that was nothing of the sort.

GMU Steeler
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Redman. Defense looked great too.

Rick5895
11-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I am going to go off the track with my pick. Colon and Pouncey, with our entire D a close second.

WVABE
11-04-2012, 07:56 PM
O-Line did one hell of a job for Redman,
had a feeling Manny was gonna have a great game.

#1 pass D done an outstanding job.

Return guys, what can I say, superb.

Stu Pidasso
11-04-2012, 08:00 PM
I say every dammed one of them. They all kept poised in the face of a good team and a horrible officiating crew.

White_Steel_Wolfe
11-04-2012, 08:01 PM
I say every dammed one of them. They all kept poised in the face of a good team and a horrible officiating crew.

I agree!!!

steelbad@50
11-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Need more then 1 game ball for sure tonight. The "D" , Redman, and Rainey.

PhantomJB93
11-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Entire D, Entire Special Teams, Sanders, Redman...hell it's easier to list who NOT to give a game ball to.

If I had to pick somebody from each unit it would be Redman, Lewis, Rainey.

austinfrench76
11-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Redman and Cotchery (didn't have big numbers but had big time catches!). Can't blame the oline today either. Ben cost us yards on a couple of sacks that weren't their faults.

3rdandlong
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM
I would give to Redman and the offensive line. Both played great!

steelbad@50
11-04-2012, 08:15 PM
I think us couch potatos deserve the game ball having to sit through these close ass games nearly giving ourselves a stroke at any minute. Thank god for beer!!!

dustyblades
11-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Redman, Manny, and Rainey. Timmons was knocking tho...finally.

oh yeah, and for an o-line that has been crappy, they weren't tonight. Hope they can keep it up.

We had physical domination for the first time in along time and we haven't run that convincingly since Bussy retired.

I am one happy Hines Ward jersey wearing mofo...Bring on the ratbirds!

harrison'samonster
11-04-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd have to go with Redman, but the entire team won this one. Heath had some amazing blocks in there, Cotchery and Sanders were making key catches. Wallace showed that he is faster than once thought (and he was once thought to be the fasted NFL player). Woodley came up big in the end. Foote, Hampton, and Keisel showed they've still got it. Clark is the reigning terror, And Keenan Lewis started it all, I'm very proud of his play.

grward
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM

+1!! That was a great TEAM win!

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Redman gets it, he effort on the goal line for the go ahead score was MANLY

TRH
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
we're giving game balls, but its time to name "goats" now too.

Goats : The officiating crew

-should be ashamed of themselves for the 3 huge calls, all within minutes of each other in the first half, that were completely made up "on the fly".
The officiating is supposed to be reviewed the following week in NFL league offices - just like all contact hits on the field are. They should get a stern "warning" for this performance.

ZoneBlitzer
11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
The secondary and honorable mention to Dick LeBeau.

Third Rail
11-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I'd say it's a tie between Redman and Manny.

But had the Giants won, the game ball should have gone to Bill Leavy.

Hawaii 5-0
11-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Redman is Digest Player of Week

Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

Coming into the game, the Steelers were thin at the position, with both Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathan Dwyer inactive because of injuries. Baron Batch was going to be limited because of a shin injury, and during the game Chris Rainey was lost to an injury to his ribs.

Isaac Redman was coming off an injury himself that had kept him out of the game against the Redskins, and so it wasnít known how much of a load he might be able to assume.

But Isaac Redman was up for the challenge, and he finished with 26 carries for 147 yards and the touchdown that gave the Steelers a 24-20 lead over the New York Giants with 4:02 left in the fourth quarter. He also broke off a 28-yard run right at the two-minute warning to allow the Steelers to take a knee three straight times and close out the game.

Redman is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were: Ike Taylor, who had seven tackles and an interception that set up the Steelersí first touchdown; Lawrence Timmons, who had three tackles and a sack that forced a Giants punt; LaMarr Woodley, who had two tackles, a sack and a forced fumble that forced the Giants to punt to the Steelers in the final minutes; Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 70 percent of his passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns; Rainey, who had three kickoff returns for 149 yards; and Mike Wallace, whose 51-yard catch-and-run early in the fourth quarter sparked the Steelersí comeback.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Redman-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/cf965bce-81e9-42a3-8fc3-ea80f3f2000e

JWashington
11-04-2012, 09:43 PM
O-line did a great job for Redman, but he did some incredilble running especially after initial contact. Red was the man. I think he'd have had even more had the coaches not gotten a little too cute in the first half.

btaylor179
11-04-2012, 10:02 PM
o line is playing well........DO NOT OVERLOOK THE CHIEFS

StainlessStill
11-04-2012, 10:13 PM
o line is playing well........DO NOT OVERLOOK THE CHIEFS

Anything could happen in Arrowhead but we're in the Steel City baby!

34-6 Steelers!

BTW: Gameball to Red and the Steelers o-line. Also thought our corners stepped up their game, hard. Lewis will be our next cover-corner once Ike steps down.

That 2-3 start and those loss's to the Raiders and Titans look like a milenia ago!

HERE WE GO.

Steel_Bus_24
11-04-2012, 10:25 PM
This was one of those Wins Ive been waiting to see

Instead of everybody chipping in to help us lose....they all chipped in to help us get the W today

Great team effort in the face of yet again more injuries and the schemes of that punk Goodell

If I had to give a game ball, it would probably be Redman...it was clear he was hurting out there....but fought through it and put in a stand out performance

Millers the sh!t
11-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Redman and method man. Defense gets a piece of the ball and 4/5's of the O-line gets a big bite too. Didn't like to see Ben lose his cool for a moment and desperately throw the ball into quad coverage for a pick. The run game carried us through the whole night until we picked up the victory. Great job Redman, I'm glad the Steelers have a run game going that can move the chains and make defenses start respekonizing. I love Haley, Offense did a complete 180 from last season, and the team is starting to come together on offense, defense, and special teams. If we could stop the penalties on S.Teams will will be great IMO.

I feel We will go deep into the playoffs if we can keep improving. The forecast seems bright and sunny for this winter.

I'm glad we picked off a victory on the road against a top tier team. Very fulfilling. I hope we don't take KC easy this week. Let's keep it moving and play against Balt with a streak under out belts and full of momentum.

teegre
11-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Ryan Clark.

His hit on Cruz (the one where he was flagged for hitting Cruz's helmet, but somehow bruised Cruz's ribs instead) set the tone. For the REST of the game, Cruz played scared. I saw at least three dropped balls, where Cruz was turning & looking for the hit (instead of actually catching the ball).

A close second was Keenan Lewis, who batted away many passes, which helped keep those two dynamic WRs in check.

Third would be Ike... and anyone else who played in the secondary, for the same reason as Lewis: keeping the NYGiants' offense to 3 yards per offensive play.

harrison'samonster
11-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Didn't like to see Ben lose his cool for a moment and desperately throw the ball into quad coverage for a pick.

that was a low point for the game for me. Even at half time it was anybody's game. After that pick I was afraid the team would give up.

ricardisimo
11-05-2012, 01:55 AM
we're giving game balls, but its time to name "goats" now too.

Goats : The officiating crew

-should be ashamed of themselves for the 3 huge calls, all within minutes of each other in the first half, that were completely made up "on the fly".
The officiating is supposed to be reviewed the following week in NFL league offices - just like all contact hits on the field are. They should get a stern "warning" for this performance.
If memory serves, the Steelers have received apology letters from the league every year for the past three or four years. Let's tack on another.

ricardisimo
11-05-2012, 01:57 AM
The secondary and honorable mention to Dick LeBeau.
Haven't we fired this bum yet? The game has so passed him by.

tony hipchest
11-05-2012, 01:58 AM
If memory serves, the Steelers have received apology letters from the league every year for the past three or four years. Let's tack on another.they have also received warnings about hard hits. expect ryan clark to receive a fed ex fine from the league offices and a likely suspension (not vs the chiefs but the ravens) fro his "helmet to helmet" hit on league glory boy, victor cruz.

OX1947
11-05-2012, 02:42 AM
they have also received warnings about hard hits. expect ryan clark to receive a fed ex fine from the league offices and a likely suspension (not vs the chiefs but the ravens) fro his "helmet to helmet" hit on league glory boy, victor cruz.

He isnt gonna recieve jack, that was one of the worst calls in NFL history. He didnt even hit his damn shoulder pads let alone helmet.

ricardisimo
11-05-2012, 02:49 AM
He isnt gonna recieve jack, that was one of the worst calls in NFL history. He didnt even hit his damn shoulder pads let alone helmet.
And the ball had not hit the ground yet. Still, the league does not question its own. Circle the wagons. Clark will get fined.

WVABE
11-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Thats was one hell of a blow to Cruz's head to bruise his ribs.

Damn we hit hard, lol.

lardlad
11-05-2012, 06:41 AM
Not much talk about Lewis. I wouldn't give him the game but but definitely an honorable mention. He was plain awesome in the first half!! At one point he had his hands on the ball more than the giants receivers.

Kanata-Steeler
11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Redman and the Running game, as well as our "D".

FanSince72
11-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Redman 1A Defense 1B

YEP! Give that man a cigar!

cubanstogie
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
IKE, that interception was huge. The fact he held onto the ball even huger.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Hard to discount Redman, but, how about Ben?

21 of 30 for 216 yards, 2 TDs and 1 INT

Not too shabby against the defense that usually steals Tom Brady's lunch....

jjpro11
11-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Redman.. Redman.. Redman... You can almost always make the case for the oline, defense, or QB in wins like these.. But Redman's play stood out by far the most. He broke countless tackles and showed excellent vision.

SteelersCanada
11-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Sanders. He made a key third down grab at the end of the game which forced the Giants to burn a time out. On top of that, he almost took that PR back to the house which was a huge momentum swing for not only our offense, but our defense as well. Oh, and if that wasn't good enough, he had a TD grab too.

This was arguably his best game as a Steeler.

NyGiantz
11-05-2012, 03:50 PM
The whole team. When you dominate on both sides of the ball like that its truly a team effort as clicheish as that sounds.

beer72
11-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Sanders and wallace had game changing plays but redman was off da hook!

steelfury02
11-06-2012, 10:08 AM
hey NYGiantz, if yer still there - I'm sure you still gotta feel confident about grabbing your division. Looks like you guys will have a home playoff game to start with anyways! The Eagle, Cowboys and Redskins can't hold your team's jock as far as I can tell.

jiminpa
11-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Sure is nice to see the run game working by intent. Has anyone else noticed that no matter who is in the backfield now, they all look like the second coming of The Bus? Hmmmm, the OC couldn't have something to do with that could he? And Ben throwing mostly from the upright position? Nah, we just let go of the best OC in the history of football, and yet suddenly these guys who couldn't execute their way past a high school defense can run or throw at will. Puzzling isn't it? Maybe the coordinators should get the game balls.

SquirrelHillSteelNut
11-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Redman and his 147 yards...no doubt. at all.

NyGiantz
11-07-2012, 06:52 PM
hey NYGiantz, if yer still there - I'm sure you still gotta feel confident about grabbing your division. Looks like you guys will have a home playoff game to start with anyways! The Eagle, Cowboys and Redskins can't hold your team's jock as far as I can tell.

I do feel confident about the division but at the same time I want more then that. I definitely don't want homefield as weird as that sounds lol.

tony hipchest
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I do feel confident about the division but at the same time I want more then that. I definitely don't want homefield as weird as that sounds lol.so what was the general feeling amongst the giant community in regards to the 5 [blown?] calls that all went your way in the last half of the 2nd quarter?

pretty strong words tomlin had about diants defense today calling them soft.

you owe us. go smash the bungles then ravens and browns.:tt02:

teegre
11-07-2012, 09:28 PM
pretty strong words tomlin had about diants defense today calling them soft. :

Wait. Did Tomlin call them soft, too?

I had heard that Coughlin had called his own defense soft...

tony hipchest
11-08-2012, 06:20 PM
Wait. Did Tomlin call them soft, too?

I had heard that Coughlin had called his own defense soft...:doh:

coughlin... NOT tomlin ( and giants, not diants)

bad day at the ol keyboard. :noidea:

teegre
11-08-2012, 07:21 PM
:doh:

coughlin... NOT tomlin ( and giants, not diants)

bad day at the ol keyboard. :noidea:

Mee half bad daze lick that two. :wink02:

[I wasn't trying to call you out, brother... I just thought that it would have been very newsworthy, for Tomlin to refer to another team as soft. "Soft" is fightin' words!!! .]