PDA

View Full Version : Great game

JPPis4Real
11-04-2012, 06:33 PM
:hatsoff:

We just couldnt stop your run game. Redman just wouldnt go down, kept chewing up yards and time. Ben was quite effective when he needed to be, and your defense completely erased our offense (although I feel our play calling was ridiculous in this game).

Mike Wallace has to be the fastest guy in the league, I was in shock when he turned the afterburners on and scored on that play.

BTW I thought the fumble recovery for a Giants TD should not have stood.

Anyhow, we didnt deserve to win today, you guys outplayed us.

Good luck the rest of the way, maybe we'll see each other in the big game this year...

(p.s. hope Rainey is alright)

harrison'samonster
11-04-2012, 06:35 PM
thanks brother. I think this was a case of both teams looking off their game because each team was so good. Very well could be a preview of things to come.

You're defensive line is amazing.

steelers33
11-04-2012, 06:36 PM
GG man JPP is a beast. What he did to Mike Adams on that one play was not pretty to see.

steelfury02
11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
dude, seriously - stop by anytime as far as I'm concerned. Giants fans are awesome. This would be an AWESOME SB pairing.

Good luck to you and keep hold of that division! I hope the Steelers do their best to help you guys out by beating the Cowgirls! :chuckle:

SteelCurtain5643
11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Great game, HUGE WIN. GMen played good, Steelers played just a little better and the defense was nasty making huge plays in the 4th. GO STEELERS!!! :tt02::tt02:

TRH
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM

We just couldnt stop your run game. Redman just wouldnt go down, kept chewing up yards and time. Ben was quite effective when he needed to be, and your defense completely erased our offense (although I feel our play calling was ridiculous in this game).

Mike Wallace has to be the fastest guy in the league, I was in shock when he turned the afterburners on and scored on that play.

Good luck the rest of the way, maybe we'll see each other in the big game this year...

good words today from you...thanks. We usually get trolling Patriots and Ravens fans around here.
Other than the Steelers, the NY Giants are probably my favorite.

Ricco Suavez
11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Class post by an opposing fan, every team has a few a-holes but Giants and GB seem to be class opponents every time. Ratbirds on the other hand not so much.

Bayz101
11-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words, JPP, and thanks to all of the Giants fans who joined Steelers Fever to say NOTHING but kind things about our Steelers. Classy fans and a classy team. Much appreciated. Good luck to your Giants from here on out, hope to see you in February.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Man the 4th quarter was like watching the SuperBowl champions play. That was the intensity we should have every game! That was the Passion we need to play with every game! That's the team effort in all three phases hooking together perfectly the way it was when we won the SB.

If we can play that way every game from here on out we will win another SB ring.

FYI Pittsburgh Steelers has the most SuperBowl rings of any team in the NFL...WE ARE NUMBER 1 and THERE'S THE PROOF!!!!

GO STEELERS!

eric12401
11-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Most definitely was a game dominated by the Steelers, they came in prepared. Made the Giants offense look like a game run by 5 year olds. Can definitely see these 2 in the SB if they pick up their games and get a head of steam going. Get healthy and see you guys in February!

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 06:48 PM
good game, mike even impressed me how fast he broke that play on the outside.

redman was definitely our MVP today, the run game was the deciding factor this game. hope to see you guys in the SB as well, the giants always find themselves in the mix come playoff time

our offensive line is still rather young, and could take some lessons from this game. I thought your DE's dominated our tackles most of the game when they had to play pass protection.

GMU Steeler
11-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Good game. Props to you guys. You guys are a good team with an equally good fan base.

steelfury02
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
that Giants D-line had me on the edge of my seat since batted ball #1

I was really ready for you guys to take another one away from us and seal the deal. Your G-Men brought out the heart in our team. I was questioning their desire until tonight.

Good luck the rest of the season.

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Few unarguable words...

REDMAN....IS....UNSTOPABLE!

Wow what a game he had. First game of the season I actually enjoyed. It was like watching my old Steelers team again that won the SuperBowl. THAT'S how it's done.

Well done Pittsburgh....Well done!

steelbad@50
11-04-2012, 07:11 PM

(p.s. hope Rainey is alright)
Thanks and good luck to you and your team as well.:thumbsup:

shovelnose
11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm glad the Steelers had the urgency tonight. They needed this win more than the Giants.

Fire Arians
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm glad the Steelers had the urgency tonight. They needed this win more than the Giants.

true. every game is a must win if you're behind in your division, imo. i hope they don't overlook the chiefs next week as well because that's also another must win

i don't see anyone in the NFC east that's gonna catch the giants for the division

beer72
11-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Class post GG. Good luck the rest of the season...Oh yea the cowgirls just lost too :hatsoff:

Steelersfan87
11-05-2012, 02:40 AM
Hopefully the Eagles lose tomorrow too.

Terminator
11-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Definitely a huge win, and felt better than any win did in a long time. I truly believe Goodell wanted the Giants to win this game for the feel-good media story, but the Steelers just would NOT back down. I love it. Such a great effort by the entire team. Hopefully Brown and Rainey are OK. It would really suck to lose BOTH our returners.

Hawaii 5-0
11-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Pittsburgh gets a signature win

11/5/2012
F. Dale Lolley

During the course of a season, you’ll have bad losses, good victories and signature wins or losses.

The Steelers’ 24-20 win Sunday over the defending Super Bowl champion New York Giants would qualify as a signature victory.

The Steelers already have a bad loss (at Oakland or Tennessee, pick one) and a good win (at Cincinnati). But, at least to this point, they didn’t have a signature win.

And given how the defense had failed to hold leads in the fourth quarter at Oakland and Tennessee, those were beginning to look like signature losses. Failing in the fourth quarter was starting to look like what was going to hold this team back.

But against the Giants, who were averaging nearly 400 yards and more than 29 points per game, Pittsburgh’s defense was finally the difference.

That defense, which had been giving up more than 26 points per game on the road, held the Giants to 20 points, and seven of those came against the Steelers’ offense.

More importantly, the Giants had three possessions in the fourth quarter. Each was a three-and-out, including one after the Steelers had scored to go ahead 24-20.

The Steelers entered the game ranked second in the NFL in total defense, but didn’t pass the eye test, mostly because of their shaky play on the road. But by beating the defending Super Bowl champions on the road and limiting Giants quarterback Eli Manning to 125 passing yards and 41.1 passer rating, the Steelers have kicked open the door in the AFC and must now be considered a serious Super Bowl contender themselves.

That’s what a signature win will do will do for a team. Even with this victory, the Steelers are 5-3, a game behind Baltimore in the AFC North. But with two games against the Ravens in the next four weeks – the first coming Nov. 18 at home – is there anyone who doesn’t live in Baltimore and thinks the Steelers are the second-best team in the AFC North?

With three wins in a row and the victory over the Giants, the Steelers have not only gained momentum as a team, they’ve gained plenty of confidence as well. You can see it in the way that young players such as cornerback Keenan Lewis and running backs Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman – who had career-high 147 yards Sunday – are playing.

Are there still problems? Sure.

Strong safety Troy Polamalu has appeared in only two games, and wide receiver Antonio Brown suffered what head coach Mike Tomlin said was a slight high-ankle sprain against the Giants.

But what team in the AFC – or NFL for that matter – doesn’t have its issues?

The Steelers, however, are finding ways to win games despite their issues.

They now have their good win, their bad losses and a signature victory. If they can avoid a signature loss, the Steelers could be in this season for the long haul.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/lolley11/11-05-2012_lolley