PDA

View Full Version : Wild card position

steve314
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Congrats to the Steelers on clawing their way back to wild card position--if the season ended today, they'd make the playoffs. And they got there with a road win against a decent team, too. Obviously the work is not done, but it's a nice milestone, especially after the horrible 2-3 start....

desertsteel
11-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Decent team? Lol... The Giants were the media darlings the last several weeks. They were no. 2 in the ESPN power rankings. We physically dominated them and shut Eli down.

steelfury02
11-04-2012, 07:55 PM
As of now:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

ChristianKustomz
11-04-2012, 09:09 PM
I like the few sacks we had on Eli to bump up his sacked stats! Today's game truly looked like the SB champs Steelers team I remember. Finally some passion. Finally the drive and intensity. It was great to see all three phases working together. This was the first game I saw true team work even when staring down the face of adversity.

Go Pittsburgh!

ZoneBlitzer
11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
They still have to hold serve if you will. I'm liking what I hear out of Big Ben. He knows that they are still leaving a lot out on the field and that there is room for improvement. If this team can get healthy and really put it together offensively, the sky is the limit. They have got some tremendously skilled players on offense to make use of.

steve314
11-04-2012, 11:57 PM
They still have to hold serve if you will. I'm liking what I hear out of Big Ben. He knows that they are still leaving a lot out on the field and that there is room for improvement. If this team can get healthy and really put it together offensively, the sky is the limit. They have got some tremendously skilled players on offense to make use of.

Glad to hear it. Never good to peak in the middle of the season, not to mention that the first-round trip to Foxboro that the #6 seed may have to make is, uh, suboptimal....

steeltheone
11-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Congrats to the Steelers on clawing their way back to wild card position--if the season ended today, they'd make the playoffs. And they got there with a road win against a decent team, too. Obviously the work is not done, but it's a nice milestone, especially after the horrible 2-3 start....

Arguably the best team in the league, and SB Champs! Nice game Steelers!

SuperSteelers
11-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Glad to hear it. Never good to peak in the middle of the season, not to mention that the first-round trip to Foxboro that the #6 seed may have to make is, uh, suboptimal....

Who says they've peaked? :tt02:

steelfury02
11-05-2012, 10:04 AM
it really seems like baby steps every game from Cincy on.

Cincy - the O-line stepped it up
Washington - The D stepped it up
Giants - the other receivers, our other running back, and other kick returners stepped it up

TheVet
11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Let's not even think about wild card possibilities .. this team should win the AFCN outright. We have not yet begun to peak!

Fire Arians
11-05-2012, 04:14 PM
http://i.qkme.me/35fh7m.jpg

steve314
11-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Decent team? Lol... The Giants were the media darlings the last several weeks. They were no. 2 in the ESPN power rankings. We physically dominated them and shut Eli down.

I stand by my comment limiting it to "decent team" if the Bengals can blow them out!

STEELAMANIA
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Only if the Steelers sweep the Ravens will they be taken seriously.

FrancoLambert
11-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I disagree. If we split with the Ravens and play well in "the loss," the Steelers will be taken seriously.

maddog78
11-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Let's not even think about wild card possibilities .. this team should win the AFCN outright. We have not yet begun to peak!

Need at least a split with Baltimore and win the rest. 12-4 should do it. Tall order, and still might not get us out of a trip to Denver, but much rather take the division than a wildcard.

steve314
11-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Need at least a split with Baltimore and win the rest. 12-4 should do it. Tall order, and still might not get us out of a trip to Denver, but much rather take the division than a wildcard.

Do we need to beat the Chiefs?!?!