PDA

View Full Version : whats the biggest camp news this past week?

tony hipchest
08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
unfortunately being away from media outlets it is hard to catch up on the daily steelers news. (without reading tons of articles and message posts)

ive caught b. brooks playing "ghostrider" (he could be cut or buried on the bench)

ben is still great

the okolbi news sucks

ward missing time but washington looking good.

other than that what sticks out so far? ive come across bill cowher giving glowing reviews of willie parker and possibly having more goaline carries (which i think is great)http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06218/711581-66.stm

and willie reid looking great. it seems like b etween him, wilson, and ward, we will have no problem replacing randle els gadget plays.

Dynasty
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
about parker getting more goal line carries - my fantasy football team thanks you, bill cowher

Haiku_Dirtt
08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Obviously Ben not suffering effects of a concussion. Hard to say something big which I think is a good thing since big news out of camp is usually bad. The reporters that do visit camp are floored by the fan support and somewhat astonished by the depth of the roster and the tone of the camp. :rolleyes:

Flashes...I like that McFadden is delivering ringers during non-contact drills - he's jonesing for hard contact. :cool:

Parker (cant say just Willie anymore) is active in the short passing game. Very dangerous weapon.

(Willie) Reid and Nate are shining. Colon being pure nasty was not just lip service.

Aaron is unstoppable when not double teamed. Suddenly I hear words like depth in the secondary.

Marvel Smith is impressed with Simmons so far.

Above all the balance on defense and the health of the O-line being intact is always 'bread and butter'.

What am I forgetting????

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Haiku how about James Harrison just having a great camp. I have read how he has been a monster during camp. Which is good just in case if Joey Porter isn't ready.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-08-2006, 06:47 PM
Haiku how about James Harrison just having a great camp. I have read how he has been a monster during camp. Which is good just in case if Joey Porter isn't ready.

I guess it's like leaving one of the kids behind at Kennywood. I knew I was forgetting someone important. Doh!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
I guess it's like leaving one of the kids behind at Kennywood. I knew I was forgetting someone important. Doh!

Its alright bro. I'm here to help. Oh Kennywood I havn't been there in years.

83-Steelers-43
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Good news:

Nate Washington

Colon

Simmons supposedly solidified his job. Prisuta (Trib Review) stated tonight on Savern that he looks awesome.

Those are the three I'm hearing the most about. I'm posting fast so I will probably get into more detail later tonight or tomorrow.

tony hipchest
08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
THANKS. sirius coverage was raving about de lee vickers making the squad as the replacement of kiesel on st. any news on him? i know the de position is pretty crowded.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2006, 07:29 PM
THANKS. sirius coverage was raving about de lee vickers making the squad as the replacement of kiesel on st. any news on him? i know the de position is pretty crowded.

Actually there is some news on Vickers. He was switched to OLB.

kperk
08-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Looks like Cowher wants Vickers to be ready to go sooner rather than later.

CAMP NOTES: The Steelers moved Lee Vickers back to defensive end after giving him a taste of outside linebacker for the past several days. Also, Willie Colon continued to work at both tackle positions. He started out on the right side and has been trying the left side for the past couple of days.

"Lee Vickers, we moved him back to defensive line today," said Cowher. "We're going to get him ready to play. We felt he was a lot like Brett Keisel ? if he's able to make this team, he can maybe play some outside linebacker, and now he has some base to work from. I think he's got a lot of upside.

Sharkissle29
08-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Actually there is some news on Vickers. He was switched to OLB.
i heard they moved him back to de

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2006, 08:00 PM
i heard they moved him back to de

Didn't hear that bro. Thanks for the update.

Sharkissle29
08-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Didn't hear that bro. Thanks for the update.
no problem...do you guys think willie parker will be a fantasy player...im thinkin im gonna pick him up late and bench him the first few weeks to see if he actually does get his touches at goaline...if he does, ill start him

Haiku_Dirtt
08-09-2006, 04:12 AM
no problem...do you guys think willie parker will be a fantasy player...im thinkin im gonna pick him up late and bench him the first few weeks to see if he actually does get his touches at goaline...if he does, ill start him

I don't play yet but banking on Whiz going to Parker on the goal line is not the best option for the Steelers. Unless he became one of the most diverse RBs in the NFL since the Super Bowl. If Duce becomes the Duce of two years ago then no chance Parker gets the ball inside the three.