PDA

View Full Version : Shout Out To My Steelers Sisters

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2006, 05:33 PM
I just wanted to say our Steelers women rock on this site. I must say its great that we have so many great posters on here that are female. No suprise that you Steelers women know your football. My mom is a diehard Steelers fan and knows the game of football better then some of my male friends. Its just a breath of fresh air to have the ladies on here know their stuff.

:cheers: So this post is for you my Steelers sisters.:cheers:

stillers4me
08-08-2006, 05:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/boogie1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/boogie1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/boogie1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/boogie1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/boogie1.gif

SteelerzGirl
08-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I just wanted to say our Steelers women rock on this site. I must say its great that we have so many great posters on here that are female. No suprise that you Steelers women know your football. My mom is a diehard Steelers fan and knows the game of football better then some of my male friends. Its just a breath of fresh air to have the ladies on here know their stuff.

Awww... Thank you, Dan! :smile: You truly are a sweetheart. I do agree w/you in that the Steelers girls on this site ROCK! And so do our Steelers brothers! I've learned a lot from you guys, and am very much looking forward to learning a great deal more. Everyone at Steelers Fever should be proud to have the great members here that we do. There are truly some very good people here, including many from rival teams.

:cheers:, babe! Love ya bunches! :smile:

tony hipchest
08-08-2006, 06:00 PM
what suprises me is the number of steelers women here who have stated that they have been treated like outcasts, or lepers on other boards.

post on, ladies!

83-Steelers-43
08-08-2006, 06:15 PM
HometownGirl is an excellent poster with very good knowledge and understanding of the game. Enjoy reading her comments very much.

SteelerzGirl (read above).

Lyn: great jokes, excellent articles in the Locker Room and once again, the same as the above when talking Steelers football.

I tip my hat and enjoy reading their comments pertaining to the team and on other issues outside of the game inside the Locker Room section of the MB.

BlackNGold203
08-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Couldnt agree more!!!

HometownGal and Lyn are two of my favorites!!!

Kudos to all the ladies!!!!

Haiku_Dirtt
08-08-2006, 06:53 PM

There's this little old lady - at least 70 yo- who has seats next to my bro at Heinz. Under her breath she calls plays before the snap based on the formations. Where else in America would you see that?

Timely shout out. I was thinking the same thing. :sun:

tony hipchest
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
i hope mamaduck reads this cause she is completely awesom and sg is kickin a bunch of dudes asses in our sf fantasy nascar game. prosdo, hometown, melrose, fcg, siss, are all great contributors (sorry for any ladies i have missed). im sure we have female posters who we dont even know theyre female (bengalbrian comes to mind)

lol. sorry ladies, didnt mean to disrespect you that way!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-08-2006, 07:19 PM
i hope mamaduck reads this cause she is completely awesom and sg is kickin a bunch of dudes asses in our sf fantasy nascar game. prosdo, hometown, melrose, fcg, siss, are all great contributors (sorry for any ladies i have missed). im sure we have female posters who we dont even know theyre female (bengalbrian comes to mind)

im sure we have female posters who we dont even know theyre female (bengalbrian comes to mind)

lol Tony, I fell out my chair when I read that. Don't do that to me man.

melroseplace
08-08-2006, 08:43 PM
thanks for the love guys :kiss:

floodcitygirl
08-08-2006, 09:04 PM
what suprises me is the number of steelers women here who have stated that they have been treated like outcasts, or lepers on other boards.

post on, ladies!I've heard the same Tony, and while that hasn't been my experience, I was hesitant to join a big football message board. While I've always loved the Steelers and enjoy the game, I came here without much football knowledge. I appreciate so much the welcome and tolerance that have been shown me by so many of you. I have, and am learning so much from the knowledgeable posters here. I'm looking forward to this season more than ever! Thanks everyone!

Mamaduck43
08-08-2006, 09:50 PM

Mahalo, Tony, for the nice words..... I got kicked out of one Fantasy Football league here because the guys couldn't handle a grey haired old lady beating them every weekend.... And when I was still married, I wasn't allowed to enter the football pools at my DH's office...... The first two weeks, they said it was just beginner's luck, but then they started to get ticked off...... And if he won, they accused him of getting advice from me..... They made him fill out the ticket at his desk!!!!!!

I am counting the days until the season starts..... And I am saving my $$$$ to get to a game at Heinz next season..... I can't wait......

Prosdo
08-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I am also surprised when some women say they have been treated like outcasts when it comes to football. But no need to feel like an outcast here. We have the greatest members around!

siss
08-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Aww thanks for the love guys!
On other boards I always here "lets see your (insert body part)."
You guys are awsome.

Woogie
08-09-2006, 07:18 AM
I am so excited to have joined this board! I was very pleasantly surprised to find such a high population of other women. This is truly an awesome place to visit and post, and I am glad to be a part of it. :)

stlrtruck
08-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Since I started going to Pittsburgh many moons ago, the one thing that fascinated me was the fact that the Steelers women knew there stuff.

It reminds me of the time I went to a Pens game and I saw this pack of 4 beautiful women (aren't all Pittsburgh women), and then this group of guys tried to hit on them. The girls looked at them with this look, that to me said - EXCUSE ME! There's a hockey game going on, LEAVE US ALONE! It was wonderful to watch.

HometownGal
08-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Thank you very much guys for the compliments and for making all of us ladies here at SF feel so welcome and a part of your Steelers family! :smile: It is a pleasure posting here with all of you and engaging in so many great discussions on football and other topics. You have all treated me with such respect since my arrival here and I'm looking forward to many, many more outstanding discussions with all of you. I may not always agree with someone on their thoughts and viewpoints, but I always have and always will respect differing opinions and appreciate the respect and comradery shown to us gals around here. SF GUYS ROCK! :banana:

Big (((HUGS))) to all of you and a special (((HUG))) to Dan for being one helluva poster and just a terrific guy. You know I love ya bunches! :kiss: (giggles like a schoolgirl...(lol) :smile: )

I have to agree with all of you here - the SF women are most definitely awesome. :cool:

Midnightwriter07
08-09-2006, 08:31 AM
I want to marry a Steelers Girl... ahhhh i try and try to get any lady I date swap over to the Steelers ( i live in Bears country ) and like the Steelrs fans, Chicago fans are loyal as hell and so i have to wait till they are drunk or else win a bet of some sort before i can get them to put on a black and gold jersey and to wave that terrible towel. Sigh

ARKIESTEEL
08-09-2006, 08:44 AM
I got the best Steeler Girl in the whole country she has the prettiest blonde her and brown eyes you ever seen. She puts on the black and gold and sits right next to me ever game and says "Are we going to win dad"

She calls them her football Steelers I call her my little girl Shelby my #1 Steeler buddy

Midnightwriter07
08-09-2006, 08:58 AM
lol very cool !!

stlrtruck
08-09-2006, 09:03 AM
I got the best Steeler Girl in the whole country she has the prettiest blonde her and brown eyes you ever seen. She puts on the black and gold and sits right next to me ever game and says "Are we going to win dad"

She calls them her football Steelers I call her my little girl Shelby my #1 Steeler buddy

You and I must have baby girls that were made from the same clothe. Although she isn't asking me if they'll win yet, she recognizes the emblem, and she goes for the football when it's on the floor!

X-Terminator
08-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I am pleasantly surprised at the number of women posters here at SF and most of them do make very good contributions to the board. 83/43 - you hit the nail on the head about HG. I met her over at Steelers.com almost 4 years ago and she was one of the first women there who didn't stay in the old ABF forum and threw herself head on into the football forums where women really weren't welcomed by most of the male population. She quickly fit right in with us guys and had a great grasp of the game, its mechanics and had no hesitation in going head to head with the trolls and Steelers bashers, but did so respectfully while getting her points across. Besides, she was in 17 - yes SEVENTEEN - FF leagues last year, which should tell you all you need to know about her love, knowledge and passion for the game of football. :cool: :smile:

You ladies rule here - keep up the good work!

memphissteelergirl
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I am glad to be included in the number here! Steeler sisters (and brothers) all over the world ROCK!!

:jammin:

floodcitygirl
08-09-2006, 10:58 AM

She calls them her football Steelers I call her my little girl Shelby my #1 Steeler buddyArkie....you've got it right....and are one lucky Steelerboy! I bet she'll always be Daddy's Steelergirl! What more could you ask for? :smile:

HometownGal
08-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I am pleasantly surprised at the number of women posters here at SF and most of them do make very good contributions to the board. 83/43 - you hit the nail on the head about HG. I met her over at Steelers.com almost 4 years ago and she was one of the first women there who didn't stay in the old ABF forum and threw herself head on into the football forums where women really weren't welcomed by most of the male population. She quickly fit right in with us guys and had a great grasp of the game, its mechanics and had no hesitation in going head to head with the trolls and Steelers bashers, but did so respectfully while getting her points across. Besides, she was in 17 - yes SEVENTEEN - FF leagues last year, which should tell you all you need to know about her love, knowledge and passion for the game of football. :cool: :smile:

You ladies rule here - keep up the good work!

Thanks for the props, XT, but over the last 25 years or so, a lot of women have taken a serious interest in the game (and sports, in general) and have really evolved so to speak. We aren't just slaving over a hot stove prepping the halftime buffet and fetching the beer for the guys anymore - we yell to you where the brew and the brats are and tell you to fetch 'em yourselves - we're into the game - LOL! :bouncy: I have come across some ladies over the last 10 years or so who have a vast knowledge of the game and the X's and O's and it's very refreshing! :cool:

I know some of you ladies here are hesitant to dive into the football discussions because you feel you don't have enough knowledge of the ins and outs and that is very understandable, as I was once in your shoes and though I've been a Steelers/football fan for 40+ years, I learn something new every day. I've learned a lot here from these guys who combined, share more sheer football smarts than any other BB I've been a member of. (Kudos guys and THANK YOU!) :smile: Don't be afraid to ask questions (as I believe siss did on the two tight end set - very good question) no matter how silly you might feel the questions are. Do a lot of reading and be always be prepared to back up a direct statement with facts. Dive on in girls - you won't regret it for a moment!

As far as FF leagues go, I've been involved in them for a long time. You win some and you lose some but I love strategy games. Lady luck plays a big part in your success or failure, too. From what I've heard, Lyn is a kick-ass FF'er and is a great competitor, so I'll have my work cut out for me in the SF leagues I am involved in. :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I have every intention of locking my wife in a room with Lynn, Hometown,Flood, siss and the rest of you crazy steelerchicks ans see if you can "gangsave" her from the evils of following Colts football. PLEASE bring her towards the light!!!!!
My son and I will be in a constant yoga-like trance....until you all convert her...

"OHMMMMMMMMM"
"OHMMMMMMMMM"

HometownGal
08-09-2006, 01:20 PM
I have every intention of locking my wife in a room with Lynn, Hometown,Flood, siss and the rest of you crazy steelerchicks ans see if you can "gangsave" her from the evils of following Colts football. PLEASE bring her towards the light!!!!!
My son and I will be in a constant yoga-like trance....until you all convert her...

"OHMMMMMMMMM"
"OHMMMMMMMMM"

Looks like we'll have to kidnap her for a weekend, lock the all the doors and put the Steelers/Colts playoff game from last year on every TV in the house and take turns hitting the rewind button until she throws away the blue and white and converts to the black and gold. :smile:

We can also play the Here We Go Steelers song at top volume all weekend and throw in the Polamalu song if she needs further conversion.

MyCuz64Furness
08-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Of course we rock........We're women:sofunny: :sofunny: This is a nice post.......I know that I grew up on football and know the game pretty well......this forum has been a pleasure to post on:smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Looks like we'll have to kidnap her for a weekend, lock the all the doors and put the Steelers/Colts playoff game from last year on every TV in the house and take turns hitting the rewind button until she throws away the blue and white and converts to the black and gold. :smile:

We can also play the Here We Go Steelers song at top volume all weekend and throw in the Polamalu song if she needs further conversion.

Remember..you dont convert her...ya keep her..(just kidding):sofunny: ..she is cute enough to overlook the major flaw

SteelerzGirl
08-09-2006, 05:59 PM
im sure we have female posters who we dont even know theyre female (bengalbrian comes to mind)

Dude! :tap: Does this look like a lady to you?

http://members.cox.net/david.maki/images/peppers.jpg

:sofunny: :wink:

tony hipchest
08-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Dude! :tap: Does this look like a lady to you?

http://members.cox.net/david.maki/images/peppers.jpg

:sofunny: :wink:

HA!!!!!

im laughing so hard my eyes are watering like ive been hit with a shot of "peppers" spray.

SteelerzGirl
08-09-2006, 06:07 PM
We shall always remember, and never forget. :grin:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2006, 06:09 PM
I still want to know what the hell that is.

SteelerzGirl
08-09-2006, 06:12 PM
It's Bengal Brian Peppers!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2006, 06:14 PM
It's Bengal Brian Peppers!

I know. But it just doesn't look human. Everytime I see that picture I almost piss myself from laughing so hard.

SteelerzGirl
08-09-2006, 06:16 PM
:sofunny:

Me, too! I have no idea what IT is. Only Bengal Brian Peppers and the person who posted his pic know for sure...(lol).

SteelCzar76
08-09-2006, 06:58 PM

I feel you BlackNGold,.....the ladies here are the biiizness. They definetly are a major part of what makes this site what it is,....real talk,...how many women outside of female Steeler fans really love and or know something of football ?! Much love to SteelerzGirl, Lyn, FloodCity, Hometown and Siss (even if she's a little over the top with the BensCrotchlove,... LMAO) she (Siss) still seems to be a sweethart. Oh yeah,...can't forget about BengalBrian,... she's so witty. LOL

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

siss
08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Siss (even if she's a little over the top with the BensCrotchlove,... LMAO) she (Siss) still seems to be a sweethart.

Wow thanks for the shout out!

blackngoldbaby
08-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks a bunch guys!!!!!sometimes i feel left out when imon other forums talkin about football be cause alot of guys think they know everything about football but its nice to know that there are men on here that arent like that one of the reasons steelers fever rules!!!!:bouncy: :bouncy:

"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
08-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Thank You.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 06:30 AM
To those witty chicks, so smart and cute,
I lift my glass and say "salute":cheers:
Of pro team fans its you alone
who can talk about sports and hold your own
Your posts are thoughtful and full of wit
Your points provoking ..not full of :poop:
You know each player, where they play..
You quote their stats, ...long for game day.
You make me laugh and make me think
(you remind me why the Bengals stink)
From every state..from every walk
You know your stuff..not just talk the talk.
Your in the stands..or watch the game
with other fans...who are just the same.
You bleed black and gold, and I know its true
No guy could be more of a fan than you
So to Hometown, Flood, Lynn and Siss
To Melrose,sixstring..who did I miss?
To Archer,Steelerzgirl,and Memphis too
...To many to mention..so heres what Ill do
For all of those so cool and sweet,
I lay my lambert jersey at your feet:bowdown:
To ALL my sisters, I lift my cup:beerbang:
and give you all the big thumbs up!!
:thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

BlackNGold203
08-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Wow Lamberts....way to make the rest of us guys look bad.....

LMAO

j/k bro!!...that was NICE

HometownGal
08-11-2006, 07:30 AM

OMG what a fantastic poem LLT!!!:smile: Thank you for taking the time to craft that masterpiece and for being such a great guy and Steelers brother! You totally rock! :bouncy:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
OMG what a fantastic poem LLT!!!:smile: Thank you for taking the time to craft that masterpiece and for being such a great guy and Steelers brother! You totally rock! :bouncy:

AWWWWW...Lets just say you ladies are inspiring:smile:

memphissteelergirl
08-11-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the love LLT!! I was always attracted to the literary types
:kiss:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the love LLT!! I was always attracted to the literary types
:kiss:

Shucks ma'am..taint nuttin to writen them there purty words..I figure I can cipher purty good too!!!

floodcitygirl
08-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks very much for the mention in your masterpiece, LLT! Very sweet. You certainly have a way with words! :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks very much for the mention in your masterpiece, LLT! Very sweet. You certainly have a way with words! :smile:

aw..but the true test is if I can make you ladies blush...:sofunny:

Steelers513
08-11-2006, 11:23 AM
I just love the fact that most of the woman here know what there talking about. I think it's great and I would love to marry any one of you, Girlz rock exspecially girlz in Black n Gold love ya ladies.........Man I need to move to Pittsburgh wear even the women love football. Steelers football and Steelers women man does it get any better ? I dont think so...keep up the great work ladies.....
GO STEELERS!!!!!:sign01: :tt: :helmet: :tt03: :champs:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I just love the fact that most of the woman here know what there talking about. I think it's great and I would love to marry any one of you, Girlz rock exspecially girlz in Black n Gold love ya ladies.........Man I need to move to Pittsburgh wear even the women love football. Steelers football and Steelers women man does it get any better ? I dont think so...keep up the great work ladies.....
GO STEELERS!!!!!:sign01: :tt: :helmet: :tt03: :champs:

Steelrs513...they really are pretty cool arn't they....(just stay off the "ladies only" threads..or they will rip the flesh from your bones...:yikes: )

floodcitygirl
08-11-2006, 11:38 AM

LMAO

j/k bro!!...that was NICENo way BnG203! Everyone here brings their own uniqueness....that's what makes it great! :smile:

Steelers513
08-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the heads up Lamberts-lost-tooth. by the way your screen name is great got to love it!!!!!!!!!

HometownGal
08-11-2006, 12:04 PM
aw..but the true test is if I can make you ladies blush...:sofunny:

With your most recent post, LLT, I'd say you have succeeded! :bouncy:

All of you guys here are simply awesome! You're great posters, strategizers, teachers, buds, but most of all - you're colletively the patriarchs of our huge Steelers family here! :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 12:07 PM

LMAO

j/k bro!!...that was NICE

...no worries...Siss is nice enough to remind me on a regular basis that all the females in here know that I am full of crap..:rolleyes:

siss
08-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Aww but LLT I still love ya! And thanks for the love in your poem!

floodcitygirl
08-11-2006, 12:23 PM
aw..but the true test is if I can make you ladies blush...:sofunny:Now, you wouldn't really expect us to tell you if you did, would you? :rolleyes:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Now, you wouldn't really expect us to tell you if you did, would you? :rolleyes:

I can see each and every last one of ya...so behave!!!! (Damn..I'm like a thin black and gold Santa!!! ...except I dont give gifts....and my sleigh is strangley shaped like a jeep wrangler)

08-11-2006, 02:05 PM

wow! Awesome!!! Props!!!

SteelersGirlTN7
08-11-2006, 02:16 PM

That is totally awesome!!

Giving me a run for my money! LOL

I am so stoked for the season starting .. Woohoo Sat! Even if its preseason LOL

08-11-2006, 02:33 PM

Thank You!!

Siss, Steelerzgirl, Melroseplace....etc.....your guys are awesome!

And to all the guys! You guys are awesome also! Don't forget about them! LLT, TonyHipChest......etc!!!

You girls and guys are what makes this website fun! Thank You!

ARKIESTEEL
08-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Flood your pm box is full you need to kill some to get any more mail:dang: :boxing:

floodcitygirl
08-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Flood your pm box is full you need to kill some to get any more mail:dang: :boxing:Ok...I just deleted. Geesh, you had to put this in a thread, didn't you? (lol)

ARKIESTEEL
08-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Ok...I just deleted. Geesh, you had to put this in a thread, didn't you? (lol)
Kill more of them Ding dong

Big7Ben
08-15-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm proud to be a Steeler Sister :smile:
The Steelers are an obvious choice to cheer for. :tt02: :tt:
First of all, Pittsburgh is the best city in the world.
Second of all, Pittsburgh has the best fans ever!! :chug:
Third of all, the Steelers are the greatest team in the world,
this we know because of that ring we have. :champs: Enough Said!
And thanks to the Steeler Brothers. We all love you! :cooldude:

(hope you enjoyed the animation smileys!!)

floodcitygirl
08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Kill more of them Ding dongThanks for the kind commentary there, Arkie. Always the gentleman..... (lol)