PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin 4th fastest HC to win 60 games

Darkstorm05
11-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Tied with Chuck Knox at 88 games played with 60 wins. Cowher took 90 games to win 60. Tomlin haters, get to flaming!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/58379/upon-further-review-steelers-22

tony hipchest
11-05-2012, 05:15 PM
tomlin has begun every season he has coached with a 6-2 record except for this one.

this year he has slipped to 5-3.

:shout:-FIRE TOMLIN!!!

Millers the sh!t
11-05-2012, 05:15 PM
At this juncture, I will have to extend my hand and gesture my thumb vertically.

lipps83
11-05-2012, 06:43 PM
This guy ain't no good. In 5 years he has only won one Super Bowl and appeared in another but lost a close game. 3 years with a 12-4 record.

Time to get him out of here.

maddog78
11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Not a Tomlin-hater, but I understand that he inherited a SB champ and loaded roster. Most of his staff is also held over from Cowher.

Atlanta Dan
11-05-2012, 06:50 PM
And the first HC to win 60 games and call a fake field goal from the 3 yard line

Bayz101
11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Tomlin inherited Cowher's team that he ran out on. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

http://www.kcconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms.jpg

:chuckle:

Fire Arians
11-05-2012, 06:51 PM
This guy ain't no good. In 5 years he has only won one Super Bowl and appeared in another but lost a close game. 3 years with a 12-4 record.

Time to get him out of here.

he definitely ain't no good. double negative intended :chuckle:

with that said, he still pissed me off with that fake fg yesterday

Bayz101
11-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Woodley, Harrison, Mendenhall, Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Pouncey all either had the best years under Tomlin, or the best years are still to come. Much of the 2008 Super Bowl team was the product of Tomlin, and the 2010 team, too. He's a great coach, and the Cowher excuse is worn-out. I can't wait until we win it all again so we can finally put this rubbish to rest.

lipps83
11-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Not a Tomlin-hater, but I understand that he inherited a SB champ and loaded roster. Most of his staff is also held over from Cowher.

That was over 6 years ago. I can count the starters on the team from Cowher on one hand and Tomlin has this team headed in the right direction.

I also feel that Tomlin has done more with this team than Cowher would have done. Once he had that super bowl win he was satisfied.

Can we let this go now?

teegre
11-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Woodley, Harrison, Mendenhall, Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Pouncey all either had the best years under Tomlin, or the best years are still to come. Much of the 2008 Super Bowl team was the product of Tomlin, and the 2010 team, too. He's a great coach, and the Cowher excuse is worn-out. I can't wait until we win it all again so we can finally put this rubbish to rest.

^^^That^^^

AND, Cowher only won one SuperBowl with "his players"... and took thirteen years to do so. Tomlin did it with "Cowher's players" in only two seasons.

Millers the sh!t
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
A kegitWoodley, Harrison, Mendenhall, Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Pouncey all either had the best years under Tomlin, or the best years are still to come. Much of the 2008 Super Bowl team was the product of Tomlin, and the 2010 team, too. He's a great coach, and the Cowher excuse is worn-out. I can't wait until we win it all again so we can finally put this rubbish to rest.

I'm still on the fence with tomlin.... The cowher " excuse" is worn thin but it is a legitimate fact. I'm going to be using the next couple years to base my full judgement on tomlin.

He is still young and makes a lot of bad decisions gametime and long term. I think he is weak and has soft spots in his heart, like keeping players on the roster when they ate past their use by dates, most recently that fake FG was an awful decision, keeping Arians on the staff for so long knowing how much of a dead weight he was to the team, his inability to tame Ben, putting him at risk playing injured against niners, and not pulling him when the game was out of his hands etc. Etc. Tomlins still young and learning but no doubt he will be a good-great coach in his career.Im kind of comparing him to Ben coming into the league. Tomlin and Ben have a lot of the necessary skills to be above average but were also surrounded by a lot of talent and experience to make up for any shortcomings. Now that they are coming into their own, keys see what kind of leaders they are....

So, we'll all see what hsppens these next 2-3 seasons....

Millers the sh!t
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM
^^^That^^^

AND, Cowher only won one SuperBowl with "his players"... and took thirteen years to do so. Tomlin did it with "Cowher's players" in only two seasons.

Let's now forget that there were a few afccg stolen away from cowher by the cheatriots. No doubt in my mind that if those scumbags weren't cheating to win, wed have at least one more ring and possibly 2 more appearances thAN we have now. We'd be a dynasty for the second time. Don't take that from cowher Man.....

tony hipchest
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM
"In 2005, Bill Cowher won the SB with Chuck Noll's team"

-Tomlin haters logic

fansince'76
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I think he is weak and has soft spots in his heart, like keeping players on the roster when they ate past their use by dates...

Dude, please. If Cowher were still coaching the Steelers, Porter would STILL be our starting ROLB and Harrison would STILL be riding the pine behind him. Cowher was often enamored with "his guys" and veterans to the detriment of the team while younger and better players sat on the bench.

JWashington
11-05-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't care who's players they were/are, a Super Bowl victory is not a given for any team in the league. It's already been said the even Cowher only won 1 championship with "his" players. We didn't even make the playoffs the next season, albiet injuries out the ying yang. My point is, to say Tomlin only won because of Cowher is total BS. Nothing's guarenteed in the NFL. Tony Dungy can't take credit for Jon Gruden's Buc's winning the SB, even though they were Tony's players. So What, that's the way it works. Mike T is a master motivator and the players are buying what he's selling, the sign of a great leader.

steeltheone
11-06-2012, 02:48 AM

Much of the 08' team a product of Tomlin? Please explain?

steeltheone
11-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Dude, please. If Cowher were still coaching the Steelers, Porter would STILL be our starting ROLB and Harrison would STILL be riding the pine behind him. Cowher was often enamored with "his guys" and veterans to the detriment of the team while younger and better players sat on the bench.

There is no coach more hung up on his guys than Tomlin....Holy crap, Hampton still gets more time than McClendon.

Steelers>NFL
11-06-2012, 07:50 AM
You have a franchise QB and a top tier defense in place when you take over a team, you are gonna win a lot of games!

steelfury02
11-06-2012, 09:11 AM
If anyone resembles a coach that has benefited from the players, it is one Barry Switzer, who, maddeningly enough, was also lucky enough to face Neil O'Donnell in XXX.

SquirrelHillSteelNut
11-06-2012, 10:09 PM
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g415/dchanning/big_five.gif

my hat's off to you, Coach T. *but no more fake FGs please...alright?!*