PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher & Pat Kirwan's reaction to Ryan Clark penalty

tony hipchest
11-05-2012, 04:55 PM
pat watches the games will bill every weekend at the CBS studios. He said the "jaw was out and his head shaking back and forth".

it obviously want helmet to helmet, but the giant fans and steeler haters will say that is just semantics and it was still a personal foul/late hit/hit on a defenseless receiver.

no, no, and NO!

it was a live ball that was tipped (dropped interception) and it was ryan clarks job to either prevent the closest receiver from catching the tipped ball (for a td) or tackling the interceptor. he was doing his job on a completely legal play.

kirwan said on his radio show that there were "several suspect penalty calls" against the steelers and he would just leave it at that, but if anyone had a notion that there wasnt a predetermined and desired outcome of the game that the suspect calls did nothing to dispell that.

his radio partner tim ryan agreed.

keep in mind, these are company men working for the NFL on sirius radio, and their other employers (FOX and CBS) are partners with the league.

yes, i am still angry the league intentionally tried to job the steelers and almost got away with it, despite what was otherwise a great comeback in what shouldve been one of the great matchups of the year (possible SB preview).

MasterOfPuppets
11-05-2012, 05:11 PM
clark hit him shoulder to shoulder BEFORE the ball even hit the ground. so helmet to helmet AND late hit calls were completely bogus.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cruz-hit-11-4-12.gif

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Cowher did say that the fumble by Ben was legit in his opinion. The ball was moving before the hand was going forward.

Got to say it looked a bit shady. Maybe that is part of the collective agreement with the NFL Officials?? We will give into your demands if you let us tell you how games are supposed to turn out.

Fire Arians
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
i'll give the refs the call against ben's fumble. it was close, but i'll be generous to the refs on that one.

the inexcusable one was the first PI call against lewis, and especially the call against clark. the touchdown that resulted from that was probably as big as a 7 point swing because i doubt they even get to field goal range if not for that PI call. And definitely get 3 instead of 7 if not for the ryan clark penalty.

This game shouldn't have been as close as what it was.

oh and the giants RB that scored a touchdown when he clearly didn't break the plane? are you kidding me?

4xSBChamps
11-05-2012, 05:46 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Blowtothehead_zps865bf857.jpg

personally, the call giving the Giants their first TD (ball never close to crossing the goalline) was as-bad-as I've seen,
but with Ms. Godell horny to get scoring, it is typical

StainlessStill
11-05-2012, 06:01 PM
"After the play was over: Personal foul, helmet to helmet contact, #25, defense. Half a distance to the goal and James Harrison will be suspended indefinably."

4xSBChamps
11-05-2012, 06:05 PM
"After the play was over: Personal foul, helmet to helmet contact, #25, defense. Half a distance to the goal and James Harrison will be suspended indefinably."

"... make that happen...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... and give the Cheatriots*
an additional draft-pick..."

Steel_Bus_24
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM

You forget the standard Forfeit of 1st and 2nd round picks in the draft to New England

stb_steeler
11-05-2012, 06:24 PM
clark hit him shoulder to shoulder BEFORE the ball even hit the ground. so helmet to helmet AND late hit calls were completely bogus.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cruz-hit-11-4-12.gif

If stone hands Ike catches that ball it still would have been over turned lol

stb_steeler
11-05-2012, 06:25 PM

I heard Clark has to hand in his Jock to Goodell for further review!:chuckle:

ETL
11-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I was so ****ing mad yesterday at the ****ing **** sucking ***** **** faced refs that I turned off the TV. Never in my years of watching Steelers football have I turned off the TV because of the ****ing Refs. But I couldn't stomach how the Steelers were getting ****ed in the ass by these **** suckers.

In a span of a few minutes:
1. phantom pass interference call on Keenan Lewis
2. "hit to the head" call on Ryan Clark on a bang bang play
3. suspect TD call for the Giants
4. forward pass called a fumble
5. missed block in the back against Heath Miller (tv turned off)

It was so obvious that we were getting ****ed royally. NFL was trying to please the NY/NJ area over the whole Hurricane Sandy thing and we were the sacrificial lamb. Too bad Eli ****ed up their plans by playing poorly (the Steelers defense had a hand in that)

The ****ing refs were so ****ing bad that even ****-face Phil Simms was feeling sorry for us and throwing us gratutious comments. I am so ****ing mad that I care about something that can be so manipulated by the whim of powers like Goodell and the NFL.

jiminpa
11-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Sorry, but once they rewrote the tuck rule in the middle of that playoff game, and burned all of the suddenly outdated rule books, Ben's "fumble" fit within the boundaries of a forward pass. If that had been brady or flacco there's no question that it's a forward pass.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-06-2012, 02:42 PM
The ****ing refs were so ****ing bad that even ****-face Phil Simms was feeling sorry for us and throwing us gratutious comments. I am so ****ing mad that I care about something that can be so manipulated by the whim of powers like Goodell and the NFL.

LOL, when I read your post (which I agree with 100% btw), I picture you looking something like Todd Haley does in your sig. :wink02:

ETL
11-06-2012, 07:55 PM
LOL, when I read your post (which I agree with 100% btw), I picture you looking something like Todd Haley does in your sig. :wink02:

man, I was (am still) so mad ... probably madder than Haley in the pic but pretty close

MDSteel15
11-07-2012, 07:01 AM

Beautiful Johnny! Beautiful!!! (Karate Kid)

ETL
11-07-2012, 10:55 PM

Has the NFL given an explanation for this call? Have they acknowledged that they made a mistake?

If Ike wasn't there, Cruz could have caught the ball and it is Clarks job to hit him ... hard (but legally) to jar the ball loose.

Was Clark expected to know that Taylor would get his hands on the ball first before he made that hit?

If calls like this are considered ok - it is a bad omen for Steeler fans... we are going to pissed over and over again because our defensive guys will be trying to make plays and they will be flagged for being ... well, basically, for being to intimidating.