PDA

View Full Version : Will Allen

jtbsteeler
11-06-2012, 12:57 PM
I think that's he's solidified this defensive backfield. The difference is him being inserted into the starting lineup instead of Ryan Mundy. Not saying Troy isn't missed, but I'm not missing him as much right now.

Troy's health can't be trusted

tony hipchest
11-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Troy's health can't be trusted

i dont even know what this means, but will allen hasnt exposed himself as a weak link to this point. good job. :applaudit:

that man has waited alot of years.

steelfury02
11-06-2012, 01:14 PM
matter of fact - just had a Ravens fan telling me they thought they would have a tougher time against us with Troy not in the picture. That really made me sit back and think. If he is ready - do they mess with the chemistry for the sake of what Troy is capable of?

Hawaii 5-0
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
the Steelers are 3-0 since Will Allen was inserted into the starting lineup...

austinfrench76
11-06-2012, 01:34 PM
I agree that Allen has been a great substitution but what's funny is that I really liked Mundy until this year. His play against Denver in the post season last year was awful but other than that he was pretty solid. Need to pick up a Safety in the draft.

Steelersfan87
11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
I was thinking about making a thread about Allen. He certainly deserves some credit for holding down the back end. It's been so long since he's started with any kind of regularity that he probably had to knock some rust off, but it's hard to find too many faults in his play the last few weeks.

steelfury02
11-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Is Troy actually on any timeline? Is he hoping to be back by Baltimore, 2nd Baltimore game? Will he get the start even if the unit continues to improve or even remains the same it has been over the last 3 games?

Steelersfan87
11-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Tomlin's comments in the press conference today made it sound like he might make it back for the first Ravens game.

steelfury02
11-06-2012, 02:19 PM
thank you Dodens

Fire Arians
11-06-2012, 02:21 PM
allen has been playing well, but when troy's ready you know he's gonna be in there. chemistry is great and all but troy's playmaking ability is second to none

Hawaii 5-0
11-06-2012, 02:57 PM
allen has been playing well, but when troy's ready you know he's gonna be in there. chemistry is great and all but troy's playmaking ability is second to none

let's see now...

Will Allen or one of the greatest Steelers ever?

Will Allen or one of the greatest Steelers ever?

hmmmm?

tony hipchest
11-06-2012, 03:03 PM
I agree that Allen has been a great substitution but what's funny is that I really liked Mundy until this year. His play against Denver in the post season last year was awful but other than that he was pretty solid. Need to pick up a Safety in the draft.

before the draft, i mentionned on twitter that wee needed to look at safety citing this game and ryan mundy responded reminding me he had 2 forced fumbles and a critical fumble recovery.

i stood corrected as it was the fumble recovery that even allowed us to take the game into OT, instead of losing in regulation.

teegre
11-06-2012, 03:05 PM

Exactly.

Chemistry gets a team so far; dynamic, spinning dervishes gets a team a Lombardi.

Likewise, this is the same question being asked about when DD is healthy: do they bench Foster. On the O-line, chemistry is far more important than in other areas... but, DD is so darn good, i think that his pulling ability trumps any chemistry.

WVABE
11-06-2012, 03:08 PM
For what its worth,

if it aint broke------don't fix it.

steelfury02
11-06-2012, 03:20 PM
I'm not doubting Troy's capabilities, but come on - the guy needs to play more than 1 or 2 games in a row - he is entering Aaron Smith territory if he keeps it up. He has missed significant time 3 out of the past 4 seasons.

tanda10506
11-06-2012, 06:07 PM

We'll see. He hasn't really made plays since 2010, which is about 4 injuries ago for him. I'm not sure if he's that great of a Safety when he can't play 100% "balls to the wall". His playing style is why he has been so exceptionally great, but his body doesn't seem to have enough to let him play 100%. IMO, and some other's who have noted it on here before, Troy is a liability in man coverge, and since he's no longer making plays I can't help but wonder if a Safety that's good in coverge (like Allen has been playing) is better for us right now. There's no doubt in my mind that they will put him in as soon as he's "better", but will he last more then 2 games and will the defense continue to play well? Time will tell.