PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown...Overpaid?

Bayz101
11-07-2012, 11:11 PM
This thread was on at least two other Steelers forums...did the Steelers overpay Antonio Brown? I personally believe the idea is absurd. What about you?

Darkstorm05
11-07-2012, 11:20 PM
No brainer. But I did just see that the ESPN "All AFC North" team picked Wallace over Brown. Must be the same people coming up with that.

Wallace17
11-07-2012, 11:29 PM
No brainer. But I did just see that the ESPN "All AFC North" team picked Wallace over Brown. Must be the same people coming up with that.

Tis the season...... I guess people are smoking more crack rocks then they should be.

teegre
11-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Uh... hmmm... uh... hmmm... NO.

[Bayz, this is not directed at you, but at those people who would even ask such a question... you know: FF people.]

austinfrench76
11-08-2012, 12:05 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just sayin...

ChristianKustomz
11-08-2012, 12:12 AM
The only player on our team that is over paid would be Wallace. I personally hope they ditch him next year. He became a victim of his own ego!

Bayz101
11-08-2012, 12:28 AM
The only player on our team that is over paid would be Wallace. I personally hope they ditch him next year. He became a victim of his own ego!

His speed alone is worth a lot, and at 2 million, I fail to see how he's overpaid. If he receives a big deal without playoff performances to show for, i'll agree.

bornaSteelersfan
11-08-2012, 02:34 AM
Antonio Brown is definitely worth the money in his contract.

I actually personally think Wallace has been completely underpaid for his entire tenure with the Steelers. Seeing him outrun everyone on the Giant's defense this past week tells me that we should do everything we can to re-sign him.

steeltheone
11-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Although probably not overpaid per NFL pay scale, he is not even projecting a 1000 yards for the season at this point.

I know the love runs deep the board for these receivers, but as Sunday showed, without Brown, Sanders and Crotch did just fine and put up the standard 6 receptions 69 yards and 1 td production we have been seeing throughout the year from any of the wideouts.

I feel the 100 million dollar QB ( that spreads the ball around) and the system we run today ( aka dink and dunk ) has less need for 10 million dollar a year wideouts than in years past.

steeltheone
11-08-2012, 08:28 AM
His speed alone is worth a lot, and at 2 million, I fail to see how he's overpaid. If he receives a big deal without playoff performances to show for, i'll agree.

I agree...2 mill is not much at all.

I'm not even a big Wallace fan. He is well worth that.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
How much do you think his 4 drops and 14 points left on the field (against the Bungals) is worth?

How much do you think his running the wrong route and causing a costly interception against Green Bay in the SB is worth?

They can dump Wallace and our offense does not change much. He has that blinding speed, but it has only come into play on two plays thus far this season. Other than that, he has been a mediocre route runner and drops more balls than he catches on intermediate routes. If anything, he is taking touches away from Brown that could have been more big plays instead of drops. The classic Randy Moss (in his later years in NE) QB distraction syndrome.

Brown is the complete receiver other teams gameplan for (he is also Ben's favorite target this year) on offense and special teams, Wallace is just a decoy/patsy we use to take the top off the right side of the oppsing team's defense so Miller, Sanders, and Brown can do their work.

We've won a SB with the likes of Cedric Wilson and Nate Washington. I think we would be just fine with Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, and maybe a roookie pickup with some speed, but no attitude and holdout.

Fire Arians
11-08-2012, 03:28 PM
heck no. not only is he our best WR, but he's a big time punt returner too. if anything, we are getting a good deal for what we're paying him.

Blitzberg06
11-08-2012, 03:51 PM
No.

The guy makes great catches everywhere on the field. Great kick and punt returner. Realiable and he is fast but with great hands. If Ben throws it to him I know he will catch it, Wallace on the other hand...

Hawaii 5-0
11-08-2012, 03:52 PM
heck no. not only is he our best WR, but he's a big time punt returner too. if anything, we are getting a good deal for what we're paying him.

I agree, with Mike Wallace likely leaving after this season I''m very happy that we have AB locked up long-term.

Atlanta Dan
11-08-2012, 03:53 PM
IMO Brown would cost more to sign now than he signed for in July

So I do not think he is overpaid

Blitzberg06
11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
IMO Brown would cost more to sign now than he signed for in July

So I do not think he is overpaid

Great thing about Brown is this: You can tell he loves the game so I don't think he is 'money' hungry but then again I don't know him personally. He just plays.

LVSteelersfan
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Quit bagging on Wallace already. We could easily have lost that game last weekend without his TD. You can't teach speed. They need to use him like that more often. I still say Wallace is going to be needed big time before this season is over. He will be perfect against those Ratbirds and their depleted secondary.

On the other hand, I have thought Brown is an All Pro for the past couple years though so he is definitely not overpaid.