PDA

View Full Version : TJ DUCKET.....steeler?

19ward86
08-09-2006, 12:19 AM
ive heard his name a lot with the steelers in the same sentence and i figured he could make me some rep if i talk about him. i thought the steelers should pick him up in a trade with the falcons to create a better running game. i think he would fit the steelers perfectly, he had 11 touchdowns his second season and that alone is a fantastic goaline stat. i think a second or third round pick and maybe former eagle duce would be a fair trade for him. i know he wouldnt cost much since he would know he wouldnt be getting 200+ carries. but instead of taking a risk with duce shouldnt art rooney go after this kid.:cool:

TasmanianTroy271
08-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Yea, this was talked about alot more right before the draft, we actually were in talks with the Falcons for a draft day trade, but they wanted more than we'd give them. It might still come to pass, with Finneran going out for the season, and our deep WR core. If we see Quincy Morgan look good in Preseason, he might just get traded for Duckett. I just hope we don't get rid of Nate Washington...

Haiku_Dirtt
08-09-2006, 03:57 AM
Here's the rub. If Duce stays heathly then we are better than fine. If Duce goes down and Verron can't quite reach new levels then they'll want more than we'll give.

This is why Whiz is Ken Whiz. He has options that will still keep defenses at bay. Hence the Harrison & Keisel display on short yardage. As if to say to the Falcons...*uck off.

And the Parker factor on short passing plays...lethal.

Midnightwriter07
08-09-2006, 05:41 AM
I think what to look for his how well Humes plays and if the front office feels he will be a part of this team for years to come or not. We offered a 5th round pick for Duckett during draft and the Falcons didnt want that. I would not mind Duckett on this team, but what the Falcons would want for him and what his current salary could be a problem. Pus, Duckett has made reference to more carries in the past in Atlanta.. something he would not get here with the Steelers so with all things combined.. not sure if will be a great fit or not.

I too am looking to see how Humes performs in some preseason games to see if he actually was a steal in the 7th round or if he will be a player that will ride the bench this year and be cut next year after we take a RB in the first 3 rounds if he is not so good.

PisnNapalm
08-09-2006, 07:04 AM
I think our RB situation is fine. Duce is a question mark but I think he is gonna have a big year for us.

X-Terminator
08-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Personally, I don't see it happening barring injury. Parker, Staley and Haynes can all carry the load just fine, IMO.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-09-2006, 09:39 AM
I would be pissed if we traded ashington...I was on his bandwagon since the start of last year...I think he will be good. I dont see us trading to ge another back....Remember...Humes will be gromed into a fine goal line back..Hes big enough and not afraid to hit the holes

BigBen2WardPITT
08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
steelers making a trade? unlikely.

19ward86
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
i wouldnt expect them to make a trade involving washington, maybe a more experienced guy than that. plus i am a big nate fan also. i would rather take chances with duce than give up nate.

Dook
08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
From the camp reports it seems that Humes is not getting it. Cowher yelled at him the other day because he's not running hard, lack of effort.

A healthy Duce can get the job done. He was a bull his first year but I really feel that after letting him recouperate last year this is his last chance.

Also we just may get Duckett for nothing. The Falcons may cut him when roster cuts come Aug 29 and early September.

steelfan 92
08-09-2006, 02:36 PM
From the camp reports it seems that Humes is not getting it. Cowher yelled at him the other day because he's not running hard, lack of effort.

A healthy Duce can get the job done. He was a bull his first year but I really feell that after letting him recouperate last year this is his last chance.

Also we just may get Duckett for nothing. The Falcons may cut him when roster cuts come Aug 29 and early September.

I think with finnerean out, a wr is denitely a possibility. i think the steelers would hold on to washington, but they may give up quincy morgan. quincy is ok, but i have not been impressed. tj duckett would be agreat addition to our team. i think cedric hume could feel that goal line role, but i thi k i may come a few years down the line. he may not even make the team. think he'll be on the practice squad.

19ward86
08-09-2006, 10:57 PM
about humes, he was supposably drafted as a power running back for goaline situations yet cowher said that when he tries to go up the middle he doesnt lower his head to knock people around. to most power backs it should come natural.i dont think he is a power back but more of a weak fatass. those words cant be in the same sentence when talking about a power back.

OX1947
08-09-2006, 11:42 PM
i would prefer to have Willie run for 1400 yards and Duce have about 10 TD's in the year. We do not need Duce to be a full time runner, just the guy that can get in the end zone between the 5 and goaline...

Midnightwriter07
08-10-2006, 05:59 AM
I would hold out reservatins on Humes and what he is and what kind of back he is until you see him play on Friday/ upcoming pre season games. I saw him in college and he was a very hard runner and didnt seem to back away from anyone and i saw him carry a few folks along the way.

I dont think you can take a few setences from one article and make it the guys whole camp so far. I have heard good things about Humes so far in camp other than he got yelled at by Cowher on one play. Who hasnt Cowher yelled at and he is a rookie so he should be yelled at alot.

Again, i would wait till Friday before making judgements on his ability.

19ward86
08-10-2006, 06:37 PM
well, our defense is amazing anyway so i guess u cant expect too much from him going up against hampton and the rest of the new steelcurtain.

bratsinmybelly
08-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I really think if given the chance Haynes will surprise alot of people. Maybe it won't be that big of a surprise to some of us. In the few opportunities he's had in games he's always looked capable of being a servicable back at the least, a starter at best. I think this could be his year to shine. He won't take Willie's spot, but I'll bet he challenges for the other carries....including Duce's

Stlrs4Life
08-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Personally, I don't see it happening barring injury. Parker, Staley and Haynes can all carry the load just fine, IMO.

I agree. Also, if we wait, we can get him as a FA with out trading anybody. I like Duckett. But feel we have the rbs now.

19ward86
08-10-2006, 10:31 PM
i dont know if he will be in FA because dunn is 31 and not getting any younger. i think he will stay unless they want to draft a 1st rounder. which i think they need more help than at just running back.