PDA

View Full Version : Baby Ben Arrives

Atlanta Dan
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM
I suppose there was no way Ben would avoid drama about this:chuckle:

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who rarely has been known to shy away from a dramatic story line, said before the season started that, if his wife is in labor on game day, he won’t be playing....

But he wouldn’t say when the baby is coming. During an interview on Friday’s edition of The Dan Patrick Show, Roethlisberger hinted that it’s happening in a couple of weeks.

As Dan pressed for clues on what the baby’s name will be, Roethlisberger held firm. “I’ll let you know in like two weeks,” he said, laughing.

In nine days, the Steelers host the Ravens.

Roethlisberger reiterated that he’ll be present for the birth, even if it means missing a game. As we explained Thursday, the decision ultimately is the players to make. He said that his teammates, coaches, and owner fully support him.

If it happens, we hope Steelers fans will support him, too.

Ravens fans definitely will.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/09/roethlisberger-hints-baby-is-coming-in-a-couple-of-weeks/

The irony is that he has been forgiven for the motorcycle accident and sexual assault allegations but might catch some heat if he misses the Ravens game and the Steelers lose

FWIW I am with Ben on this:thumbsup:

StainlessStill
11-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Ratf*cks luck out again. How many times over the decade have they side-stepped Roethlisberger out of the lineup?

BTW: I'm in Ben's corner in any decision regarding the situation. Good for him!!!!!

stb_steeler
11-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Lets hope the birth is on a week day.....

Rotorhead
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Plz dont be born on gameday!

PhantomJB93
11-09-2012, 03:28 PM
I just bought tix to the Sunday Night Ravens game, and while I fully support him witnessing the birth of his child, I will be a little pissed off if I paid $150 to see Charlie Batch.

(Unless, of course, Charlie wins the game anyway, in which case it's all good)

steelfury02
11-09-2012, 03:34 PM
You know what. With the offense we have now - it would be more likely for Batch or Leftwich to beat the Ravens, and especially with this line as of late.

I def want Ben to play, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility to beat them without him. Much more difficult - but better chances with this offense IMO

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Can't blame Ben. He will get to play in plenty more football games-- but you can only see your firstborn enter the world once in a lifetime.

My first little guy is coming up in March, so I know how excited, scared, shocked, humbled, worried, and amazed Ben is feeling. Everytime I look at my wife I find it hard to believe there is a whole new person growing inside her right now.

I am not religious at all, but life is a miracle.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
PLEASE, be born on a Tuesday, little Ben.

GoFor7
11-09-2012, 08:05 PM
If the baby is due in two weeks as was hinted, then that won't interfere with either Baltimore game, but perhaps it affects the Cleveland game. Ben might have to spend Thanksgiving in a hospital.

SteelersCanada
11-09-2012, 09:20 PM
If it has to affect any game I'd prefer the Cleveland game. Byron can take us to victory over those lowly Browns.

steelerchad
11-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Just induce her to have the little guy on Tuesday after the game Monday night.

ETL
11-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Safe to induce 1 week before the due date.

Lady Steel
11-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Whatever Ben and Ashley's plans are for the birth of their son, I pray for a safe delivery and healthy baby.

I wonder if they will wrap their son in a Terrible Towel. :tt:

jjpro11
11-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Ravens will luck out again.. You can just feel it. They're the worst 6-2 team I've ever seen. This week it's the Raiders without Dmac, the backup RB, and Seymour.. Next week it will be Ben and someone else who gets hurt on MNF. She'll go into labor unexpectedly Sunday morning, giving the Steelers half a day to prepare for the Ravens with Leftwich. I am sure he'll get some extra reps during the week, but to not know for sure until Sunday would suck.

Kingmagyar
11-10-2012, 01:49 PM
It could be like the Rocky II movie. Ben by her side an hour before the Baltimore game with his little baby, and he asks her what to do?

And she says, "WIN"

Ben charges out like Rocky.

jjpro11
11-10-2012, 02:18 PM
It could be like the Rocky II movie. Ben by her side an hour before the Baltimore game with his little baby, and he asks her what to do?

And she says, "WIN"

Ben charges out like Rocky.

And then he arrives at halftime like Bobby Boucher and tears shit up.

FrancoLambert
11-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Johns Hopkins Medical Center in Baltimore has an excellent maternity unit.
Have Ben's wife travel with the team.

jjpro11
11-10-2012, 09:07 PM
The Ravens game is in Pittsburgh. Not necessary.

FacemeIke
11-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Ben should have planned this better 9 months ago. Like for the bye week or something! lol.

steelfury02
11-10-2012, 09:52 PM
"WIN"

Haley: "What are we waitin' fer?!?!"

ETL
11-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Ben

Trust me when I say this but you probably do not want to see the ACTUAL birth. Besides the combination of amniotic fluid, blood, membranes, mucous and sometimes urine and feces , you will never ever see your wife's ... um ... "opening" be as wide as when the baby's head comes out. Trust me ... DON'T LOOK!

(Better yet, just come to the game and play football. Lets the doctors deal with above).

Fire Arians
11-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Ben

Trust me when I say this but you probably do not want to see the ACTUAL birth. Besides the combination of amniotic fluid, blood, membranes, mucous and sometimes urine and feces , you will never ever see your wife's ... um ... "opening" be as wide as when the baby's head comes out. Trust me ... DON'T LOOK!

(Better yet, just come to the game and play football. Lets the doctors deal with above).

"you thought ray lewis was scary? you ain't seen nuthin' yet!"

:rofl:

Fire Arians
11-10-2012, 11:51 PM
And then he arrives at halftime like Bobby Boucher and tears shit up.

and then he power bombs terrance cody, man i'd pay money to see some shit like that

tony hipchest
11-10-2012, 11:53 PM
the smell of water break is definitely something you never forget.

atleast ben isnt doing this alone. bears peanut tillman plays tomorrow night, but their baby is expected on monday.

desertsteel
11-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Lets hope the birth is on a week day.....
Or maybe she can give birth at the stadium... preferably at halftime

siss
11-11-2012, 12:33 PM
If the lil' Quarterback is born on game day it will be so he can watch his daddy win the game!

Furthermore, don't forget the Mrs. R is a Steeler fan!

LVSteelersfan
11-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Screw that crap. He gets paid a lot of money to play football. Get your butt on the field. j/k Or maybe not. I hate the Ratbirds so much. Surely we can't give them that kind of advantage. Next time have your kid in the offseason. Not that hard to plan it that way.

Fire Arians
11-11-2012, 02:46 PM
charlie batch is gonna let it fly

AndyWitmyer
11-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Can't blame Ben. He will get to play in plenty more football games-- but you can only see your firstborn enter the world once in a lifetime
I am not religious at all, but life is a miracle.
"

This the truth and should not be argued further. My little daughter -the 1st child I've ever had - will b due around December 11, 2012 - good luck Ben and Riddle_of_Steel :drink:

steelfury02
11-11-2012, 09:27 PM
they might already get us without AB. Please oh please sweet little baby Jesus may we play with Ben

LayingTheWoodley56
11-12-2012, 08:26 AM
Ratf*cks luck out again. How many times over the decade have they side-stepped Roethlisberger out of the lineup?

BTW: I'm in Ben's corner in any decision regarding the situation. Good for him!!!!!

Off the top of my head, just for fun - I know he was hurt during his second season, when we went on the road and lost to them in OT with Maddox at the helm. There was the infamous game in '09 when we pushed them to OT with Dixon before losing, when Hines called him out before the game for not playing when he possibly could have (with a concussion, no less - you can imagine how that would fly now). And he didn't play during his suspension in 2010, when Flacco got Doushmandzadeh in the end zone in the final minute to beat us.

Any others? It seems like we've always been able to play them tough with or without Ben - we just need our QB to pull it out late, it seems, and Maddox, Batch and Dixon were all unable to finish the job.

steelfury02
11-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Off the top of my head, just for fun - I know he was hurt during his second season, when we went on the road and lost to them in OT with Maddox at the helm. There was the infamous game in '09 when we pushed them to OT with Dixon before losing, when Hines called him out before the game for not playing when he possibly could have (with a concussion, no less - you can imagine how that would fly now). And he didn't play during his suspension in 2010, when Flacco got Doushmandzadeh in the end zone in the final minute to beat us.

Any others? It seems like we've always been able to play them tough with or without Ben - we just need our QB to pull it out late, it seems, and Maddox, Batch and Dixon were all unable to finish the job.

Yea - from the outside - and from listening to interviews and reading articles - it just seemed like Ben and Hines had a business relationship. They certainly celebrated together during SB victories. A lot of the time you would see them interacting entering the huddle and it was more or less "Do your thing, time to lead" - kind of a transaction - just my two cents

As far as beating the Rats without Ben - mark my words - if Ben is gone, we will still win with the new and improved Haley system. He'll make sure whoever is in there is staying upright and that we keep the damn ball away, taking 3 to 5 to 7 yards at a time - which is fine with me. If Ben plays, rhe o-line and running game plays the way it has been playing - a whooping might not be out of the question

PettySteel
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Praying for a weekday birth!!!

ETL
11-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Can't we just have Charlie Bstch attend the birth and have Ben on the field?

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Halftime of Chiefs-Steelers - Chris Mortensen says Ben will be present at birth of first son - that is inside information:thumbsup:

Hawaii 5-0
11-13-2012, 07:43 PM
here's an ultrasound pic of Little Ben...

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/263506_377445079006245_909040816_n.jpg

Fire Arians
11-13-2012, 07:58 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/263506_377445079006245_909040816_n.jpg

man that's gonna hurt coming out :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2012, 08:00 PM
man that's gonna hurt coming out :chuckle:
c-section

Lady Steel
11-14-2012, 01:54 AM

Quarterbaby. :laughing: So darn cute!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Can't we just have Charlie Bstch attend the birth and have Ben on the field?

Now That...............is a great idea!!!

Say its a early Sunday in the labour and delivery unit, Ben is there, but its getting late. Call a timeout and tell Chuck to put down the clipboard and go sub in to run the video camera and coach Ashley on the delivery. Pure Genius. :hatsoff:

Atlanta Dan
11-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Big Ben, meet Little Ben.

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wife, Ashley, welcomed a 7 pound 1 ounce baby boy into the world Wednesday night who they named Benjamin Jr.

Mr. Roethlisberger made the announcement on his website, saying the baby was born at 10:06 p.m.

"We would like to let everyone know that last night at 10:06 PM Ashley and I welcomed a healthy, beautiful baby boy into this world," he wrote. "Both mom and baby are doing well."

"We want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, it really means a lot to us. God is so good!"

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/roethlisberger-wife-welcome-baby-boy-663262/

:thumbsup::drink:

StainlessStill
11-22-2012, 11:55 AM
CONGRATS BEN & ASHLEY!!!!!!!!! I wish you three a world and lifetime of health and happiness!

GO STEELERS!

Terminator
11-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Ben Roethlisberger, Jr.

Starting quarterback in 2033?

AgentGold007
11-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Welcome to Steeler Nation Lil Ben :tt04:

Fire Arians
11-22-2012, 01:13 PM
congrats mr & mrs roethlisberger!

Rick5895
11-22-2012, 02:30 PM
That's awesome. Congrats to Ben and his wife.

ChristianKustomz
11-22-2012, 03:39 PM
I respect Big Ben very much for that decision. It's great to see he puts into practice "this is just a game" and shows everyone where his priorities are and what's more important...family.

Way to go Ben A+ from me.

SoCalFan
11-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Ben will now win a SB for baby Ben! Congrats to him and his new family! NOW GET HEALTHY!!!

nj1923steelgirl
11-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Congrats to Big Ben and Ashley!

FrancoLambert
11-23-2012, 12:39 PM
A 7 pound baby boy.....how perfect........going for SB #7.......Daddy's number......I demand to see the hospital chart!!

casteeler
11-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Here s to giving thanks for a Thanksgiving baby! Congrats!:tt02:

Hawaii 5-0
11-25-2012, 01:49 AM
Little Benjamin Roethlisberger's first 18 years

By Anthony Defeo on Nov 23

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3742969/gyi0061435323.0_standard_500.0.jpg

Day four

While changing Little Ben, Mrs. Roethlisberger is a little concerned about a skin rash, so she makes a quick visit to see the pediatrician. After examining the little fella, the doctor proclaims that it's the worst case of diaper rash she has ever seen and warns Mama Roethlisberger that her son probably won't sleep through the night for at least a week. However, much to the amazement of his parents, Little Ben sleeps through the night for a week straight and doesn't show the slightest bit of discomfort, even during Mom and Dad's first post-birth romantic evening together. He sleeps through injuries and comes through in the clutch. My kind of baby.

Year two

It's Christmas time in Pittsburgh, and the Roethlisbergers take Little Ben to have his picture taken with Santa. Every kid in line cries hysterically as soon as they sit on Santa's lap. When it's Little Ben's turn, there is fear that he'll react much the same way. Miraculously, however, the little guy doesn't whimper one bit, even though John Shumway and other news reporters are off in the distance, snapping pictures and screaming, "Ben, how's Little Ben feel about visiting Santa for the first time?" What toughness. I know I'd cry.

Year seven

It's Little Ben's first day in second grade, and for some reason, Mrs. Roethlisberger sends him to school with a Justin Bieber lunchbox. All day long, Little Ben is mocked and even roughed up by the other kids when they spot his lunchbox, but he manages to make it through the entire day in one piece and refuses to throw his mom under the bus. Instead, he says, "Hey, I don't think my mom gets enough credit for her taste in music."

Year 12

Mama Roethlisberger has been after Little Ben for weeks to clean his room and throw his old toys away. However, the little guy is sentimental and simply refuses to ever throw anything away. Not his shoes, his old video games, and certainly not his old, beat up football. Upon seeing this old football still sitting there in Little Ben's room, his mom snaps and screams, "Throw it away like I told you! Get rid of the ball! You've held onto this ball for way too long!"

Year 18

It's Little Ben's last game of high school football. Much like his dad, Junior is the quarterback for his team, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as he passes for 300 yards and a couple of touchdowns. After the game, the Roethlisbergers rush over to their son to congratulate him. When they ask him how it felt to have such a great game, Little Ben proudly says, "Hey, I was doing my best out there. The guys were protecting me. I know I had two broken arms, but I wanted to be out there with my teammates, fighting to bring home a victory." Upon hearing this, Big Ben rushes over to the coach, completely outraged that he'd let his son play with two broken arms. When the coach is confronted with this, he says, "I have no idea what you're talking about." Befuddled, the Roethlisbergers take their son to the doctors to have his arms x-rayed and are pretty angry when they discover that he only had a couple of bruises. Mrs. Roethlisberger asks her husband how their son could be so misleading about an injury, and Big Ben says, "I don't know. He must have learned it from you, honey."

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/11/23/3680048/little-benjamin-roethlisbergers-first-18-years

Bayz101
11-25-2012, 02:11 AM
Way too much effort put into that article to have it end the way it did. :chuckle:

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 10:17 AM
And with the 1st pick in the 2034 draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers pick...

Lady Steel
11-26-2012, 01:33 AM
Congratulations, Ben & Ashley!

http://bigben7.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Ashley_BenJr_22.jpg

Hawaii 5-0
11-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Big Ben says meet Little Ben

Associated Press
published nov 24, 2012

http://ORweb.SX2.atl.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=OR&Date=20121124&Category=SPORTS0403&ArtNo=121129519&Ref=AR&q=100&maxw=550&maxh=500

Benjamin Roethlisberger Jr.

PITTSBURGH – Big Ben Roethlisberger is introducing his fans to Little Ben.

The Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback posted a picture of his newborn son on his website Saturday.

The caption reads, “Ben’s favorite photo so far ... and dad’s new screen saver for his phone!”

Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger Jr. was born Wednesday night. The website describes the boy as “definitely a chip off the old block” and links to photos of Ben Sr. as a baby.

It’s the first child for Ben and his wife, Ashley.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/article/20121124/SPORTS0403/121129519#.ULMDbs2FEmw

Lady Steel
11-26-2012, 02:04 AM
http://ORweb.SX2.atl.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=OR&Date=20121124&Category=SPORTS0403&ArtNo=121129519&Ref=AR&q=100&maxw=550&maxh=500

Little Ben looks exactly like his daddy. That nose! :laughing:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
11-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Losses like today's really make you look at what the team needs in the future. If I could make a draft list of needs for 2013, here would be mine:

1. Safety (Clark, Polamalu, and Allen are all getting old)
2. Running Back (Mendenhall will probably be gone. No franchise RB remaining)
3. Quarterback (No explanation needed)
4. Linebacker (Foote and Harrison getting old)

This actually kind of makes you realize that the Steelers are really well-off pretty much everywhere else. They've sufficiently addressed all and any needs over the years. And for anyone who's upset I'm already talking about the draft and thinks I'm giving up on the season, let me just say that I am hopeful they will make some good value picks at position number 32 :tt02:

lloydwoodson
11-26-2012, 02:40 AM
Sigh.

wootawnee
11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Congratulations BEN and ASHLEY......!!!!

May GOD bless you two and your little guy...!!! :drink:

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 02:24 PM
maybe these pics of Ben Jr. will put things into perspective for everyone - there are in fact bigger things than football (so long as this little fella is leading us to number 9,10, and 11) Hehe :chuckle:

Seriously though - that nose is something else!