PDA

View Full Version : David Petraeus resigns from CIA

Bayz101
11-09-2012, 02:38 PM
David Petraeus resigns from CIA over "Extra-Marital Affair".

http://news.yahoo.com/cia-director-quits-over-extramarital-affair-200741924.html

-----------------------

Interesting timing, don't ya think? Probably wouldn't be "Hush-hush" about Benghazi, and "retired" just like Bruce Arians. Anything to keep his pension.

Vis
11-09-2012, 02:46 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/cia-director-quits-over-extramarital-affair-200741924.html

-----------------------

Interesting timing, don't ya think? Probably wouldn't be "Hush-hush" about Benghazi, and "retired" just like Bruce Arians. Anything to keep his pension.

The timing is typical. Clinton will resign soon, as will Holder. Who knows who else will go.

Atlanta Dan
11-09-2012, 03:50 PM

-----------------------

He obviously knew he would be leaving before the election but my initial guess is he really is leaving over the affair, even though this merits the flashing light treatment on Drudge with "affair" in quotes, as if it surely is not the reason- blackmail arising from sexual indiscretions is more likely in that line of work

Of course now that he is gone with the affair being out in the open he can fire away without being concerned that indiscretion gets out - of course draw your own conclusions as to whether this is the only improper conduct he might be concerned about of which others also might be aware:coffee:

He presumably is not leaving the CIA because he has been there long enough - he just arrived

Fire Haley
11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
One week before he was due to testify on Benghazi

So this is what Obama had on him to make him go along with the Bengazi cover-up - blackmailed into silence.

Night of the Long Knives, the coup begins.

Bayz101
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM

So this is what Obama had on him to make him go along with the Bengazi cover-up - blackmailed into silence.

Damage control in 3....2....1.

Vis
11-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Damage control in 3....2....1.

conspiracy theory in ...............oh, it's already here

Atlanta Dan
11-09-2012, 05:12 PM

An extramarital affair bought his silence?:chuckle: Only if the afffair was with a 12 year old boy.

I guess now we will hear the polls were skewed because the lid was kept on the "Benghazi 9 -11 attack" (picked that term up by listening to Rush) cover-up until after the election

What actually appears to have occurred was that the security for the U.S. presence in Benghazi was pretty much a CIA operation and as that came out the Romney campaign decided if anyone screwed up it was W's favorite general David Petraeus.

Why Romney’s Not Talking About Benghazi Anymore

http://swampland.time.com/2012/11/02/why-romneys-not-talking-benghazi-anymore/

The messy details underlying the CIA's role in this story from the Trotskyites and Stalinists at The Wall Street Journal

When the bodies of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans killed in Benghazi, Libya, arrived at Andrews Air Force Base after the Sept. 11 attack, they were greeted by the president, the vice president and the secretaries of state and defense. Conspicuously absent was CIA Director David Petraeus.

Officials close to Mr. Petraeus say he stayed away in an effort to conceal the agency's role in collecting intelligence and providing security in Benghazi. Two of the four men who died that day, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, were former Navy SEAL commandos who were publicly identified as State Department contract security officers, but who actually worked as Central Intelligence Agency contractors, U.S. officials say.

The U.S. effort in Benghazi was at its heart a CIA operation, according to officials briefed on the intelligence...

A senior congressional investigator said the secrecy has made it harder to figure out what errors were made, because classification restrictions have allowed the CIA to avoid public and congressional scrutiny for its conduct. Information about the CIA's role has largely been limited to congressional intelligence committees, which are reviewing the attacks but have not launched investigations into them.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204712904578092853621061838.html

So consider the possibility that the cover-up that has unraveled was to protect the CIA, not the Obama Administration and that with its unraveling Petraeus has decided to put family first and resign

If Petraeus wants to unload on Obama he now can do so - unlike Colin Powell lying to the UN with information he doubted in the run-up to the Iraq war, Petraeus does not need to play the good soldier for an administration in which he still serves. And unless there is more dirt on him, the news of the affair is out there and should not deter him from being truthful to congressionl investigators.

Fire Haley
11-09-2012, 05:18 PM
"$120M in FEMA money sent to help NY/NJ has disappeared."

or maybe a payoff

Atlanta Dan
11-09-2012, 07:22 PM
You cannot make this sh** up

Multiple officials familiar with the investigation identified the woman with whom Mr. Petraeus had the affair as Paula Broadwell, who wrote a biography of him called "All In: The Education of Gen. David Petraeus.'':chuckle:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324073504578109252422213868.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories

JPPT1974
11-09-2012, 11:39 PM
The man that was in charge of the secretest organization on the planet, was himself keeping a huge secret as well as a huge lie while doing so. :(

Lady Steel
11-10-2012, 12:17 AM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/P89rnh7xg4g3UY3necWy.w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzA2O2NyPTE7Y3c9NDUwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD00Mjk7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-11-09T222433Z_3_CBRE8A81LA600_RTROPTP_2_USA.JPG

Does he go to the same hair stylist as Donald Trump? Is that thing on his head a toupe? I want answers!

Vis
11-10-2012, 03:47 AM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/P89rnh7xg4g3UY3necWy.w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzA2O2NyPTE7Y3c9NDUwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD00Mjk7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-11-09T222433Z_3_CBRE8A81LA600_RTROPTP_2_USA.JPG

Does he go to the same hair stylist as Donald Trump? Is that thing on his head a toupe? I want answers!

It's much more like Sheldon's on Big Band Theory

Bayz101
11-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Obama didn't have to accept his resignation for an affair that no one even knew about. Bullshit. He no longer has to testify in court. Simple as that.

Bayz101
11-10-2012, 09:33 AM
conspiracy theory in ...............oh, it's already here

Call me what you want, but if you smell shit, you assume someone shit. Half the country smells shit, and the other half is playing damage control. You're on the other half.

Bayz101
11-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Anyone that tries to play this off as totally normal is only kidding themselves. It's embarrassing, really. Most of the American population would be with me in saying that something else is going on here. I've read comments on blogs, articles. Facebook posts and forums, and it's always the democrats playing damage control. Pretending like absolutely nothing weird is going on here. CIA director no longer needs to testify. He's off the hook, and Obama is one step closer to putting the lid on this thing.

Bayz101
11-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I don't know. If having an affair makes you unfit to serve your country, why was Bill Clinton allowed to remain the president of the United States? It's all a double standard.

Bayz101
11-10-2012, 09:58 AM
"If you believe that Petraeus resigned over an affair I have some of Saddam's weapons of mass destruction to sell you."

Atlanta Dan
11-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Obama didn't have to accept his resignation for an affair that no one even knew about. Bullshit. He no longer has to testify in court. Simple as that.

Private citizens can be compelled to testify before Congress and if they refuse to do so can be held in contempt just as easily as federal officials

Atlanta Dan
11-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't know. If having an affair makes you unfit to serve your country, why was Bill Clinton allowed to remain the president of the United States? It's all a double standard.

It is a remarkably quaint concept, but committing adultery is a crime under the Uniform Code of Military Justice

Petraeus, who retired from the military last year, is still subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, which classifies adultery as a crime.

Practically speaking, however, the odds are extremely low that the military would prosecute a retired officer for having an affair, said Eugene R. Fidell, a prominent military law expert who teaches at Yale University.

“They’re as close to zero as you can get,” Fidell said. “It would have to be a grave matter before the executive branch would prosecute a retiree.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/david-petraeus-resigns-as-cia-director/2012/11/09/636d204e-2aa8-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story_1.html

Bayz101
11-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Private citizens can be compelled to testify before Congress and if they refuse to do so can be held in contempt just as easily as federal officials

Compelled by whom? Obama doesn't want him to testify, I can assure you that. Mr. Petraeus resigned and took his pension with him. This whole thing will get swept under the rug, and the truth about it will NEVER be admitted. This is the CIA and the American Government, after all...

silver & black
11-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Call me what you want, but if you smell shit, you assume someone shit. Half the country smells shit, and the other half is playing damage control. You're on the other half.
Gotta agree with this.

MACH1
11-10-2012, 12:09 PM

Damage control and burying their heads in the sand.

Meanwhile looking in the other hand we still have 4 dead americans that were killed by work place violence.
Viva Las Vegas

And in the back pocket iran tried shooting down a U.S. drone 3 days before the election.

Atlanta Dan
11-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Compelled by whom? Obama doesn't want him to testify, I can assure you that. Mr. Petraeus resigned and took his pension with him. This whole thing will get swept under the rug, and the truth about it will NEVER be admitted. This is the CIA and the American Government, after all...

Congress has the authority to hold a person in contempt if the person's conduct or action obstructs the proceedings of Congress or, more usually, an inquiry by a committee of Congress.

Contempt of Congress is defined in statute, 2 U.S.C.A. § 192, enacted in 1938, which states that any person who is summoned before Congress who "willfully makes default, or who, having appeared, refuses to answer any question pertinent to the question under inquiry" shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a maximum $1,000 fine and 12 month imprisonment.

Before a Congressional witness may be convicted of contempt, it must be established that the matter under investigation is a subject which Congress has constitutional power to legislate.

Generally, the same Constitutional rights against self-incrimination that apply in a judicial setting apply when one is testifying before Congress.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/contempt_of_congress

Peter King (the Congressman, not the SI football writer:chuckle:) certainly thinks Petraeus will still be testifying

King said on CNN's "Erin Burnett OutFront" that Petraeus is "an absolutely essential witness, maybe more than anybody else."

"David Petraeus testifying has nothing to do with whether or not he's still the CIA director, and I don't see how the CIA can say he's not going to testify," King said.

"I think his testimony is certainly valuable, it's certainly necessary," King continued. "He was at the center of this and he has answers that only he has."

If Petraeus does not testify as originally scheduled on Thursday, King said, "It should be very soon after that."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/10/rep-king-petraeus-resignation-doesnt-preclude-testimony/

In terms of former federal officials testifying before Congressional committees about alleged coverups, do you think Haldeman and Ehrlichman testified before the Senate Watergate committee just because it was the right thing to do?:noidea:

tony hipchest
11-10-2012, 01:41 PM
yeah bayz, theres this whole other thing called legislative and judicial branch (kinda impt components of our entire system) who might feel compelled to hear what he has to say.

I've read comments on blogs, articles. Facebook posts and forums, and it's always the democrats playing damage control.

im gonna have to start making sure youre bundled up in your warm winter coat, mittens, and tinfoil cap when you go out to play at SU's house. :laughing:

we dont want you to get sick.

ive read comments on blogs and articles at PFT. people hate the steelers more than some steelerboards hate democrats, so of course theyre all going to be slanted. most still think obama is a socialsist islam born in kenya, but then again, most people are complete idiots.

Atlanta Dan
11-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Draw your own conclusions as to whether or not his fling with Ms. Broadwell was a one time only straying by the former General:noidea:

The F.B.I. investigation that led to the resignation of David H. Petraeus as C.I.A. director on Friday began with a complaint several months ago about “harassing” e-mails sent by Paula Broadwell, Mr. Petraeus’s biographer, to an unidentified third person, a government official briefed on the case said on Saturday.

When F.B.I. agents following up on the complaint began to examine Ms. Broadwell’s e-mails, they discovered exchanges between her and Mr. Petraeus that revealed that they were having an affair, said the official, who spoke of the investigation on the condition of anonymity.

The person who complained about harassing messages from Ms. Broadwell, according to the official, was not a family member or a government official. One Congressional official who was briefed on the matter on Friday said senior intelligence officials had explained that the F.B.I. investigation “started with two women.” ...

The F.B.I. investigators were not pursuing evidence of Mr. Petraeus’s marital infidelity, which would not be a criminal matter, the official said. But their examination of his e-mails, most or all of them sent from a personal account and not from his C.I.A. account, raised the possibility of security breaches that needed to be addressed directly with him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/us/fbi-said-to-have-stumbled-into-news-of-david-petraeus-affair.html?hp

The collapse of the dazzling career of CIA Director David H. Petraeus was triggered when a woman whom he was having an affair with sent threatening e-mails to another woman close to him, according to three senior law enforcement officials with knowledge of the episode.

The recipient of the e-mails was so frightened that she went to the FBI for protection and help tracking down the sender, according to the officials.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-probe-of-petraeus-triggered-by-e-mail-threats-from-biographer-officials-say/2012/11/10/d2fc52de-2b68-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html?hpid=z1

If you are going to cheat on your spouse it is probably not a good idea to do it with someone who has anger management issues

MACH1
11-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Eric Holder knows all about that contempt of congress thing.

Fire Haley
11-10-2012, 08:42 PM
Petraeus won't testify and Hillary says phhhfthp, I won't either, I'm too busy.

House asks Clinton to testify on Benghazi, but she declines due to scheduling conflict

House investigators asked Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to testify next week about the September 11 terrorist attack in Benghazi, but she declined citing a scheduling conflict.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/house-asked-clinton-to-testify-on-benghazi-but-she-declines-due-to-scheduling-conflict/article/2513151

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2012, 06:46 AM

Sounds like it is time to introduce a resolution of impeachment - maybe Boehner can bring back Gingrich to run that operation

Vincent
11-11-2012, 12:32 PM

Whether it is "smelt" matters not. At some point @#$% makes its presence apparent, regardless of acknowledgement.

Listen to her commentary starting at 34:50.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/did-petra...et-cia-prison/
Did Petraeus mistress reveal secret CIA prison?
Paula Broadwell may have divulged new information on Benghazi scandal
Published: 48 mins ago by Aaron Klein

TEL AVIV – Did Paula Broadwell, the alleged mistress of ex-CIA Director David Petraeus, reveal a secret CIA detention center in Benghazi during a public speech she gave last month?

Broadwell, a former counterterror operative, co-authored a bestselling biography of Petraeus, titled “All In.” She discussed the book during a keynote speech on Oct. 26 at a University of Denver alumni symposium.

dPaf5OJSskY

During a question-and-answer session, Broadwell was asked about this year’s Sept. 11 attacks against the U.S. mission in Benghazi.

She stated: “Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner. And they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that’s still being vetted.”

The existence of a U.S. prison or CIA detention center in Benghazi would be a new development in the debate surrounding the attacks there. The information does not appear to be publicly known.

An extensive WND search of news media coverage of the Benghazi attacks could find no mention of prisoners being held at the CIA annex.

Yesterday, the New York Times reported that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor spoke to an FBI whistleblower two weeks ago who accused Petraeus of not only having an extramarital affair, but potentially jeopardizing the security of classified information.

During the same university speech, Broadwell may have also divulged information that Petraeus knew “within 24 hours” of CIA annex’s request for reinforcements, reported Israel National News.

“The challenging thing for Gen. Petraeus,” she stated, “is that in his new position, he’s not allowed to communicate with the press. So he’s known all of this – they had correspondence with the CIA station chief in Libya, within 24 hours they kind of knew what was happening.”

Earlier she had said the military could have sent reinforcements.

“They were requesting the – it’s called the C-in-C’s In Extremis Force – a group of Delta Force operators, our very, most talented guys we have in the military. They could have come and reinforced the consulate and the CIA annex.”

Oops.

Sounds like it is time to introduce a resolution of impeachment

Lets not get out ahead of the headlights Dan. All in due time.

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Lets not get out ahead of the headlights Dan. All in due time.

Five days after the GOP got smacked around (no incumbent has been re-elected with an unemployment rate this high since FDR - good work:thumbsup:) and that's your plan?

Good luck:chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2012, 04:13 PM
House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October

House majority leader Eric Cantor talked to an FBI official in late October about former CIA Director David Petraeus' involvement in an affair, a spokesman for the congressman told CNN Sunday.

Doug Heye said Cantor had a conversation with the whistleblower about the affair and the national security concerns involved in the matter.

The New York Times reported Saturday that on October 31, Cantor's chief of staff phoned the FBI to inform the agency about the call between the congressman and the FBI official. The Times reported Cantor learned of the whistleblower through Rep. Dave Reichert, R-Washington.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/11/us/petraeus-cia-resignation/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

So i guess this means Cantor is in on the cover-up and is really a GOP double agent who is a closet Kenyan Socialist:noidea:

Fire Haley
11-12-2012, 08:53 AM
I'd hit it....chicks with guns are hot

Paula Broadwell Moonlighted As A Gun Model

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/50a0193fecad047851000005/broadwellgif3.gif

http://www.businessinsider.com/paula-broadwell-gun-model-2012-11

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
I'd hit it....chicks with guns are hot

Paula Broadwell Moonlighted As A Gun Model

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/50a0193fecad047851000005/broadwellgif3.gif

http://www.businessinsider.com/paula-broadwell-gun-model-2012-11

Yep - at least Petraeus did not cheat on his wife with some Monica Lewinsky type that would leave everyone asking WTF you would take the risk to get with someone like that ?

Fire Haley
11-13-2012, 07:01 AM
The Night of the Long Knives purge continues...Obama's CIA is taking down all the top military brass

Scandal probe ensnares commander of U.S., NATO troops in Afghanistan

The FBI probe into the sex scandal that prompted CIA Director David Petraeus to resign has expanded to ensnare Gen. John R. Allen, the commander of U.S. and NATO troops in Afghanistan, the Pentagon announced early Tuesday.

According to a senior U.S. defense official, the FBI has uncovered between 20,000 and 30,000 documents — most of them e-mails — of “potentially inappropriate” communications between Allen and Jill Kelley, a 37-year-old Tampa woman whose close relationship with Petraeus ultimately led to his downfall

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/scandal-probe-ensnares-commander-of-us-nato-troops-in-afghanistan/2012/11/13/a2a27232-2d7d-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html

MACH1
11-13-2012, 10:17 AM
FBI Agent in Petraeus Case Under Scrutiny

WASHINGTON—A federal agent who launched the investigation that ultimately led to the resignation of Central Intelligence Agency chief David Petraeus was barred from taking part in the case over the summer due to superiors' concerns that he was personally involved in the case, according to officials familiar with the probe.

After being blocked from the case, the agent continued to press the matter, relaying his concerns to a member of Congress, the officials said.

New details about how the Federal Bureau of Investigation handled the case suggest that even as the bureau delved into Mr. Petraeus's personal life, the agency had to address conduct by its own agent—who allegedly sent shirtless photos of himself to a woman involved in the case prior to the investigation.

One official said the agent in question sent shirtless photos to Ms. Kelley well before the email investigation began, and FBI officials only became aware of them some time later. Eventually, supervisors told the agent he was to have nothing to do with the case, though he never had a formal role in the investigation, the official said.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324439804578115410189757452.html

Can't make this shit up

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Can't make this shit up

That agent must be planning to retire in a matter of weeks - a DOJ employee going to Congress without clearing it with congressional liason is a hanging offense

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
According to a senior U.S. defense official, the FBI has uncovered between 20,000 and 30,000 documents — most of them e-mails — of “potentially inappropriate” communications between Allen and Jill Kelley, a 37-year-old Tampa woman whose close relationship with Petraeus ultimately led to his downfall

20 to 30 thousand :sofunny:

How did he find time to manage the war?

Atlanta Dan
11-13-2012, 08:07 PM
This definitely is entertaining as long as it is someone else having their life blown apart by Big Brother

The Surveillance State Takes Friendly Fire

In the decade following September 11, 2001, the national-security establishment in this country devised a surveillance apparatus of genuinely diabolical creativity—a cross-hatch of legal and technical innovations that (in theory, at any rate) could furnish law enforcement and intelligence with a high-definition early-warning system on potential terror events. What it’s delivered, instead, is the tawdry, dismaying, and wildly entertaining spectacle that ensues when the national-security establishment inadvertently turns that surveillance apparatus on itself....

It’s not yet clear on precisely what legal authority the F.B.I. obtained access to Broadwell’s e-mail, but under the relevant federal statute, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the government need do little more than ask. Originally passed in 1986, the law is notoriously outdated, and considers any e-mail that is over a hundred and eighty days old to be “abandoned,” meaning that the author of the e-mail no longer has any reasonable expectation that it would remain private. So to obtain access to this e-mail, the F.B.I. doesn’t need a court order; it just needs to ask your e-mail provider....

Our bureaucrats will ponder the threshold at which the F.B.I. should inform Congress about the national-security implications of an investigation, the perils of the more extreme forms of access journalism, perhaps even the efficacy of the Vow of Monogamy enshrined in the Uniform Code of Military Justice. But our spymasters should give some thought as well to how it feels to be thoroughly and mercilessly laid bare at the hands of a legal and technological surveillance apparatus that is their own creation.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2012/11/david-petraeus-and-the-surveillance-state.html

Fire Arians
11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
just further proof that if you gain a shitload of weight after marriage you're gonna get cheated on

Fire Haley
11-14-2012, 05:00 PM
He was ready to dump the broad and find a younger one anyway, a good retired General can afford to screw the maid and the secretary.

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2012, 06:55 AM

Petraeus to testify behind closed doors on Benghazi Friday:coffee:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57550090/petraeus-to-testify-behind-closed-doors-on-benghazi-friday/

Fire Haley
11-15-2012, 07:25 AM
"behind closed doors"

"not under oath"

worthless

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2012, 07:48 AM
"behind closed doors"

"not under oath"

worthless

It would have been behind closed doors if he was still director of the CIA - the testimony will be addressing classified information

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Nation Horrified To Learn About War In Afghanistan While Reading Up On Petraeus Sex Scandal

As they scoured the Internet for more juicy details about former CIA director David Petraeus’ affair with biographer Paula Broadwell, Americans were reportedly horrified today upon learning that a protracted, bloody war involving U.S. forces is currently raging in the nation of Afghanistan. “Oh my God, this is terrible,” Allie Lipscomb, 29, said after accidentally stumbling on an article about the war while she tried to ascertain details about what specific sexual acts Petraeus and Broadwell might have engaged in. “According to this, 2,000 American troops have died, 18,000 have been wounded, and more than 20,000 civilians have been killed. Jesus Christ. And it’s been happening for, like, 11 years.” Sources confirmed that after reading a few paragraphs about the brutal war, the nation quickly became distracted by a headline about Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash’s alleged sexual abuse of a 16-year-old boy

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-horrified-to-learn-about-war-in-afghanistan,30367/?ref=auto

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2012, 06:01 PM

Clinton to testify before Congress about Benghazi attack:coffee:

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will testify before Congress about an official investigation into an attack in September that killed four Americans in Benghazi, Libya, the House Foreign Affairs Committee announced Thursday.

Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), who chairs the committee, said at a hearing on the Benghazi attack that Clinton “has committed to testifying before our committee and the Senate Foreign Relations Committee” on a report by the Accountability Review Board, a five-member panel formed to investigate the attack and make recommendations. Ros-Lehtinen did not specify when Clinton would testify but noted that the board is expected to finish its report by “early to mid-December.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-to-testify-before-congress-about-benghazi-attack/2012/11/15/724f7732-2f40-11e2-a30e-5ca76eeec857_story.html?hpid=z2

Fire Haley
11-15-2012, 06:07 PM
who cares, they stalled it all till after the election

like all the fake job numbers

they can write any story they want, Night of the Long Knives is my favorite though

the socialists have won, congratulations

MACH1
11-15-2012, 06:34 PM
who cares, they stalled it all till after the election

like all the fake job numbers

they can write any story they want, Night of the Long Knives is my favorite though

Did you know iran fired on a drone in international air space a few days before the election? An act of war.

Thats right we didn't find out about it till after the election.

cubanstogie
11-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Did you know iran fired on a drone in international air space a few days before the election? An act of war.

Thats right we didn't find out about it till after the election.

I knew, only because I watch Fox news. No one else noticed. But you know fox isn't really news right, its right wing propaganda.:chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2012, 07:54 PM

Thank you:hatsoff:

U06jlgpMtQs

Let's all sing our new national anthem

tony hipchest
11-15-2012, 08:41 PM

Thats right we didn't find out about it till after the election. :chuckle:

I knew, only because I watch Fox news. No one else noticed. But you know fox isn't really news right, its right wing propaganda.:chuckle::blah:

i noticed. but who the fuck cares? its only right wing jagoffs who were vigorously rubbing their little chubbies over the "incident". :jerkit:

them fucking iranian ragheads couldnt shoot down one of our drones if they tried, or unless we wanted them to. piss on them... we'll bury them cockroaches.

mHqJPoPMP2A

we flew our F-117's through thousands of anti-aircraft artillery shells in iraq and laughed at them. they lucked out and got one, and that was by pure "shot in the dark" luck.

and so what if iran had a pea shooter strong enough to reach the elevation the drones fly at? (maybe they should see if ollie north can hook them up with something a bit stronger.)

you all know how much one of those costs? its plywood and a snowmobile engine, with some high tec camera equipment and maybe a bomb, flown by 1st class airmen and staff sargeant gaming geeks in california, new mexico, etc who pass a 6 month course.

they fly over my office all damn day and are pretty annoying when im trying to take a nap. BZZZZZZZZZZ.....

the public doesnt know half the shit that goes on and unless theyre directly involved military, probably shouldnt (atleast immediately anyways). lets not act like this was the bay of pigs, or something.

the last thing this country needs is 50,000,000 armchair generals second guessing and pretending they know best as if its a freaking football game.

in other news the north koreans fired across the demilitarized zone at our men. :coffee:

Fire Arians
11-15-2012, 09:32 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/351y2qw.jpg

tony hipchest
11-15-2012, 10:16 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/351y2qw.jpg

i wonder how many tabs of viagra dick cheney and halliburton bilked them for at $2000 a pop (billed to their CAC card, of course).

MACH1
11-15-2012, 11:15 PM
:chuckle:

:blah:

i noticed. but who the fuck cares? its only right wing jagoffs who were vigorously rubbing their little chubbies over the "incident". :jerkit:

them fucking iranian ragheads couldnt shoot down one of our drones if they tried, or unless we wanted them to. piss on them... we'll bury them cockroaches.

mHqJPoPMP2A

we flew our F-117's through thousands of anti-aircraft artillery shells in iraq and laughed at them. they lucked out and got one, and that was by pure "shot in the dark" luck.

and so what if iran had a pea shooter strong enough to reach the elevation the drones fly at? (maybe they should see if ollie north can hook them up with something a bit stronger.)

you all know how much one of those costs? its plywood and a snowmobile engine, with some high tec camera equipment and maybe a bomb, flown by 1st class airmen and staff sargeant gaming geeks in california, new mexico, etc who pass a 6 month course.

they fly over my office all damn day and are pretty annoying when im trying to take a nap. BZZZZZZZZZZ.....

the public doesnt know half the shit that goes on and unless theyre directly involved military, probably shouldnt (atleast immediately anyways). lets not act like this was the bay of pigs, or something.

the last thing this country needs is 50,000,000 armchair generals second guessing and pretending they know best as if its a freaking football game.

in other news the north koreans fired across the demilitarized zone at our men. :coffee:

Why not? We have one in the White House that does it everyday.

tony hipchest
11-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Why not? We have one in the White House that does it everyday.well, he IS a civilian, and a life long one at that, but thats an entirely different debate altogether.

im all for a CIC with a strong military background.

for me personally, that was mccain's greatest attribute (although i strongly disagreed with the silly 100 year war in iraq, proposal).

its not my fault his owners pushed that russian war vet yokel, sarah palin, on his ticket. :doh:

worthy to note that romney woulda done just the same in regards to military matter, except that he regarded the military and veterans as part of the 47% ers mooching off the government teat with their retirement and free medical care for life. :hunch:

:dang:

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2012, 07:26 AM
im all for a CIC with a strong military background.

Me too :thumbsup:

Bush's background defending Texas from the Viet Cong while he was in the Texas Air National Guard had to be the reason W was able to mastermind our triumphs in Afghanistan and Iraq

Any partisan throwing rocks at Obama's oversight of the military as compared to his predecessor really needs to cut down on their Kool-Aid consumption

MACH1
11-16-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm sure the new sec. of state will ride in on his swift boat and save the day.

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm sure the new sec. of state will ride in on his swift boat and save the day.

At least Kerry actually put himself in harm's way as opposed to having Daddy pull strings to keep him out of Vietnam and then go trick or treating as a fighter pilot

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRggXp8WQAOElmiwl9Q4oMMh2R7v6Ps4 M8oqynUgP6U980HCV6W

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStsCGmVjSBZJ2wes5QyTGkObQwjSpjg 7o8M4KytQyQipSKxTv6pg

MACH1
11-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Bu, bu, bu Bush

While we're on bu, bu, but Bush, At least he didn't lie about his service and throw his fellow men under the bus for political gain.

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Bu, bu, bu Bush

While we're on bu, bu, but Bush, At least he didn't lie about his service and throw his fellow men under the bus for political gain.

You started to stir that pot by taking off after O - O - O - Obama

The finalists for overseeing worst post-World War II foreign policy debacles by a President are LBJ and W - Kerry just got tarred by the Karl Rove smear machine that was last seen in the ditch upside down and in flames last Tuesday night

If you want to throw rocks consider what your glass house is made of:chuckle:

:drink:

MACH1
11-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Last time I checked Bush wasn't up for any cabinet jobs. :hunch:

tony hipchest
11-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Last time I checked Bush wasn't up for any cabinet jobs. :hunch:

hell no...

they wont even let him do a commercial or attend the convention! :rofl:

Fire Haley
11-16-2012, 10:34 AM
the cover-up thickens

Petraeus believed terrorists behind Libya attack

David Petraeus testified that the original CIA talking points about Benghazzi indicated it was a terrorist act and cited al Qaeda involvement. Somewhere after leaving CIA, the talking points were changed. He did not know who changed them.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/15/3918819/cia-deputy-rice-got-initial-assessment.html

Vis
11-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Transcript via CNN Headline News:

Kyra Phillips: I do have some new information. Let me say first Robin… it’s been really disappointing and shocking to learn about this. I think even more so shocking because this is somebody of great discipline and great leadership and I never, ever expected, of all the men and women I know in uniform, this is an individual that I never would have expected this to happen [with].

With that said, you know, in our first conversation, he had told me he had engaged in something dishonorable. He sought to do the honorable thing in response and that was to come forward. He was very clear that he screwed up terribly — it was all his fault — even that he felt fortunate to have a wife who is far better than he deserves. Obviously he’s taking it really hard. He knows he made a big mistake. He does want to move forward making things work with his family. He doesn’t want to throw 37 years out the window with his wife.

Robin Meade: You know, on the surface it looks like an extramarital affair, but there are concerns about security clearance. Did he talk about Paula Broadwell? Did she have access to information that other people did not, the public did not? Especially regarding Benghazi? I think some people feel she seemingly alluded to some information that she had in a speech recently.

KP: Correct. And I will say, Robin, he has insisted to me that he has never passed classified information to Paula Broadwell. As long as I have known him, he has never wavered on classified information, ever. And to the best of my knowledge, you know, that has always been sacrosanct. I have also never known him to tell me something that is not true, Robin.

RM: Did he say how this may relate to Behghazi? I know he has to testify this week about Benghazi and, you wonder, about the scandal too.

KP: Yes. He has said this has nothing to do with Benghazi and he wants to testify. He will testify. He has maintained to me all along this was a personal failing, Robin, which, as I said, to me was quite stunning and to many other people. He’s not the type of person that I’ve ever known to fail at anything, knowing [him] as long as I have over the years. And so he has made it very clear that this was about an extramarital affair and not over classified information or Benghazi.

http://www.politicususa.com/david-petraeus-debunks-wing-conspiracies-resignation-benghazi.html

Vis
11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) — Ex-CIA Director David Petraeus was whisked clandestinely into a secure room beneath the Capitol, escaping waiting crowds of photographers and television cameras, to meet privately on Friday with members of Congress for the first time since he resigned over an extramarital affair with his biographer.

The retired four-star general, who until last week was one of America's most respected military leaders, discussed with the House and Senate intelligence committees the Sept. 11 attack against the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that left four Americans dead. He did not discuss his affair with Paula Broadwell, except to say his departure was not tied to the Libya attack. The scandal ended his career and has damaged others, and has led to a new CIA internal investigation.

The surreptitious entrance in the morning attested to the circus-like atmosphere of the scandal that has preoccupied Washington, even as the possibility of war loomed in Israel and the U.S. government faced a market-rattling "fiscal cliff" that could imperil a still-fragile economy. The tangled web has so far enveloped Petraeus; the top American commander in Afghanistan, Gen. John Allen; two Florida socialites and a decorated FBI counterterrorism agent.

Lawmakers said the affair came up only briefly at the top of Petraeus' 90-minute appearance before the House committee.

"He did express deep regret to the committee for the circumstances for his departure" and reassured Congress that the Libya attack had nothing to do with his resignation, said Rep. Jim Langevin, D-R.I.

Petraeus also addressed his affair at the opening of the Senate hearing.

"He was very clear his resignation was tied solely to his personal behavior. He was apologetic and regretful but still Gen. Petraeus," Sen. Mark Udall, D-Colo., said as he left the hearing early to catch a flight.

Unlike previous appearances at the Capitol, when Petraeus has walked through the front door and greeted reporters, he was sneaked inside the secure hearing room for the morning testimony in a manner more suited to a covert operative, through a network of underground hallways. Police closed down entire corridors in the Capitol.

Congress sets its own security and protective police presence for witnesses. It's not unusual for those asked to testify to negotiate with lawmakers the details of how they will be admitted. Executives and celebrities are sometimes also allowed to make a private entrance.

Petraeus, 60, acknowledged last week publicly that he had cheated on his wife of 38 years with Broadwell, who is 40.

The FBI began investigating the matter last summer but didn't notify the White House or Congress until after the election.

In the investigation, the FBI uncovered flirtatious emails between Allen and Florida socialite Jill Kelley, both of them married. President Barack Obama has put a promotion nomination for Allen on hold.

Petraeus, in his first media interview since he resigned, told CNN this week that he had never given classified information to Broadwell. She has said she didn't receive such material from Petraeus.

But the FBI found a substantial number of classified documents on Broadwell's computer and in her home, according to a law enforcement official, and is investigating how she got them. That official spoke only on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to speak publicly about the case. The Army has now suspended her security clearance.

The CIA on Thursday opened an exploratory investigation into Petraeus' conduct. The inquiry "doesn't presuppose any particular outcome," said CIA spokesman Preston Golson. At the same time, Army officials say that, at this point, there is no appetite for recalling Petraeus to active duty to pursue any adultery charges against him.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/petraeus-due-capitol-benghazi-questioning

General Petraeus, sworn under oath, in public hearings today "disputed Republican suggestions that the White House misled the public on what led to the violence in the midst of President Barack Obama's re-election campaign" according to Rep. Adam Schiff.

Rep Schiff adds

"There was an interagency process to draft it, not a political process," Schiff said after the hearing. "They came up with the best assessment without compromising classified information or source or methods. So changes were made to protect classified information.

"The general was adamant there was no politicization of the process, no White House interference or political agenda," Schiff said. "He completely debunked that idea."

For Republicans politicizing Benghazi this is a serious, insulting blow. Their greatest hero takes Obama's side on this issue under oath.

Atlanta Dan
12-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Apparently Fox News planned to cut out the GOP as the middlemen and run its own 2012 Presidential campaign

Roger Ailes, the longtime Republican media guru, founder of Fox News and its current chairman, had some advice last year for then-Gen. David H. Petraeus.

So in spring 2011, Ailes asked a Fox News analyst headed to Afghanistan to pass on his thoughts to Petraeus, who was then the commander of U.S. and coalition forces there. Petraeus, Ailes advised, should turn down an expected offer from President Obama to become CIA director and accept nothing less than the chairmanship of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the top military post. If Obama did not offer the Joint Chiefs post, Petraeus should resign from the military and run for president, Ailes suggested.

The Fox News chairman’s message was delivered to Petraeus by Kathleen T. McFarland, a Fox News national security analyst and former national security and Pentagon aide in three Republican administrations. She did so at the end of a 90-minute, unfiltered conversation with Petraeus that touched on the general’s future, his relationship with the media and his political aspirations — or lack thereof. The Washington Post has obtained a digital recording from the meeting, which took place in Petraeus’s office in Kabul.

McFarland also said that Ailes — who had a decades-long career as a Republican political consultant, advising Richard M. Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush — might resign as head of Fox to run a Petraeus presidential campaign. At one point, McFarland and Petraeus spoke about the possibility that Rupert Murdoch, the head of News Corp., which owns Fox News, would “bankroll” the campaign.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fox-news-chiefs-failed-attempt-to-enlist-petraeus-as-presidential-candidate/2012/12/03/15fdcea8-3d77-11e2-a2d9-822f58ac9fd5_story.html?hpid=z2

Right wing media baron bankrolls campaign of general for President - reads like a Seven Days In May type political novel:banging: