PDA

View Full Version : Ravens "D" can't stop Taiwan Jones

former RB
11-10-2012, 02:15 PM
My pick for the steal of last years draft, Taiwan Jones, gets his first start agaainst the Ravens this week.

Now you are going to see the next great NFL legend begin his journey.

The Ravens "D" better eat their wheaties.

SteelersCanada
11-10-2012, 02:37 PM
That's pretty high praise for a kid coming out of Eastern Washington.

Fire Arians
11-10-2012, 09:01 PM
he got drafted by the raiders, guaranteed bust

Bayz101
11-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I'll hold you to it.

Fire Arians
11-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I'll hold you to it.

hey you're not allowed to have an opinion on anything unless you played at the college level, remember? :noidea:

i'm not trying to mess with your manhood though :chuckle:

silver & black
11-11-2012, 07:17 AM
LOL............ Jones can't hold on to the ball. Why do you think he sits on the bench?

Unfortunately, there is no choice but to use him, now that McFadden and Goodson are out. Rack up another loss.

Fire Arians
11-11-2012, 02:58 PM
man the raiders are sad, i can't believe we ever lost to them

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2012, 03:03 PM
man the raiders are sad, i can't believe we ever lost to them

Agreed - that loss is going to hurt if it matters in December

Edman
11-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Playing them in Oakland makes a difference, but yeah, no excuse. Can't do anything about it, though.

steelerchad
11-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Wow.
Ravens just faked a field goal to go up 48-17.
Not exactly surprised by a coach with the lack of class that Harbaugh has.

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Wow.

Harbaugh will claim he did that to make the Steelers spend time practicing this week on how to defend that play:coffee:

Edman
11-11-2012, 04:01 PM
The Ravens are really, REALLY shooting their load. Couldn't have come at a better time. Setting up a massive letdown in Rat Land. If you're familiar with the Ravens, they love doing this. They shoot their load to look fantastic, then they inevitably crash. The fact that they did this going into a ROAD game, it isn't good stuff. Baltimore will waltz into Pittsburgh all high and mighty, thinking they'll win by showing up.

The game was already in hand by the 3rd quarter, but wanted to prove something it seemed. Oh well, sucks for them.

Despite the score, the Ravens D gave up over 400 Yards. This wasn't exactly a Defensive shutdown performance. Gonna be a good game next week.

LVSteelersfan
11-11-2012, 04:23 PM
The Steelers will actually score when they get their 400 yards on them next week. Totally different game as Flacco will spend the day on his backo.

fer522
11-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Did classless fool get his gatorade bath?

Buddha Bus
11-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Did classless fool get his gatorade bath?

No, it wasn't against the Steelers. :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2012, 05:09 PM
No, it wasn't against the Steelers. :chuckle:

or his brother:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
11-11-2012, 05:42 PM
2 carries for 6 yards. Jones really lit it up alright. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/2800024739.gif

Fire Arians
11-11-2012, 06:03 PM
fake fg touchdown when up 24 points already? geez

lipps83
11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Wow.

I might be in the minority here, but I think that was an awesome call. The best time to practice a fake field goal is in a real game when you don't need it. That way you have a much better idea of what might work for those times when you do.

The worst time to try a fake field goal is when you do need it, and run some stupid play that doesn't work. You lose the 7 and 3 points.

Just like the extra 2 point conversion against us Baltimore went for a couple years back.

They didn't need it then, but in 3 years when they think they do, I bet they have at least a 95% chance that it will work.

The Harbaugh's are highly regarded coaches for a reason. They are not coaching just the game they are playing, they are also planning and prepping for years down the road.

That is why they are highly regarded and were much sought after. Not because they are worried about hurting someone's feelings on a message board.

They are out there doing it, while you sit at home and get mad about some stupid shit.

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2012, 06:23 PM
I might be in the minority here, but I think that was an awesome call. The best time to practice a fake field goal is in a real game when you don't need it. That way you have a much better idea of what might work for those times when you do.

The worst time to try a fake field goal is when you do need it, and run some stupid play that doesn't work. You lose the 7 and 3 points.

Just like the extra 2 point conversion against us Baltimore went for a couple years back.

They didn't need it then, but in 3 years when they think they do, I bet they have at least a 95% chance that it will work.

The Harbaugh's are highly regarded coaches for a reason. They are not coaching just the game they are playing, they are also planning and prepping for years down the road.

That is why they are highly regarded and were much sought after. Not because they are worried about hurting someone's feelings on a message board.

They are out there doing it, while you sit at home and get mad about some stupid shit.

So I guess it is obvious why you see fake field goals so rarely by NFL teams up by at least 3 TDs - other NFL coaches are not as smart as John Harbaugh?

If John Harbaugh was "much sought after" why was he 45 years old and coaching DBs in Philly when he was hired by the Ravens:noidea:

I am not saying John Harbaugh is not a good coach - but he is such a jerk i root for the Patriots when they play the Ravens - I would never have imagined I would ever cheer for a Belichick team

SteelersCanada
11-11-2012, 06:35 PM
So, your logic is attempt a play right now and see if it's still a viable option against a team in three years? You have to know how ridiculously stupid that sounds.

Also, the Harbaugh's weren't "much sought after". They're going to fall into the category of 'coaches who will never win a Super Bowl' because they are average. Have you ever seen Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines? He looks like a cartoon character. Frothing at the mouth and acting like there's a substantial amount of sand in or around his vagina.

As for John? Well, his gatorade bath after sweeping the Steelers' shows how much class he has. Enjoy it buddy, it's the only success you'll ever achieve.

lipps83
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
So I guess it is obvious why you see fake field goals so rarely by NFL teams up by at least 3 TDs - other NFL coaches are not as smart as John Harbaugh?

If John Harbaugh was "much sought after" why was he 45 years old and coaching special teams in Philly when he was hired by the Ravens:noidea:

How often do you think a coach would even consider it? Never. That isn't even to mention dealing with the aftermath of school kids crying 'that's not fair' if someone thinks they are trying to run up the score.

Should they play hopscotch when there is still over a quarter left in the game to play? Or maybe it does take a genius to practice in a real game things they rarely get to do.

A chessmaster does not sacrifice a pawn even, unless it is going to give him an advantage.

How often do you see guys going from Special Teams to a Head Coach, pretty much never. He had to switch over to defensive back to even be considered. Next year he had a head coaching gig.

Of course, more hoopla was about Jim after what he did with San Diego and Stanford. Look at what he is doing with San Fran...

The proof is in the pudding. They can take shit and polish it into a diamond.

But yeah, hate on them all you want because they score points when they don't need to.

lipps83
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
So, your logic is attempt a play right now and see if it's still a viable option against a team in three years? You have to know how ridiculously stupid that sounds.

Also, the Harbaugh's weren't "much sought after". They're going to fall into the category of 'coaches who will never win a Super Bowl' because they are average. Have you ever seen Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines? He looks like a cartoon character. Frothing at the mouth and acting like there's a substantial amount of sand in or around his vagina.

As for John? Well, his gatorade bath after sweeping the Steelers' shows how much class he has. Enjoy it buddy, it's the only success you'll ever achieve.

No, you're right. The best time to weed out trick plays that don't work is in practice and not real games.... like how we got those Giants with our fake field goal attempt.

Nice future predicting there. I didn't realize success was hand-in-hand with sideline demeanor.

Fire Arians
11-11-2012, 06:56 PM
How often do you think a coach would even consider it? Never. That isn't even to mention dealing with the aftermath of school kids crying 'that's not fair' if someone thinks they are trying to run up the score.

Should they play hopscotch when there is still over a quarter left in the game to play? Or maybe it does take a genius to practice in a real game things they rarely get to do.

A chessmaster does not sacrifice a pawn even, unless it is going to give him an advantage.

How often do you see guys going from Special Teams to a Head Coach, pretty much never. He had to switch over to defensive back to even be considered. Next year he had a head coaching gig.

Of course, more hoopla was about Jim after what he did with San Diego and Stanford. Look at what he is doing with San Fran...

But yeah, hate on them all you want because they score points when they don't need to.

neither of them will ever win a super bowl. what do both of the harbaughs have in common? they choke during the championship games and will continue to do so.

yeah i'm sipping the haterade, so what :tt03:

SteelersCanada
11-11-2012, 07:23 PM
No, you're right. The best time to weed out trick plays that don't work is in practice and not real games.... like how we got those Giants with our fake field goal attempt.

Nice future predicting there. I didn't realize success was hand-in-hand with sideline demeanor.

I didn't say it was wrong to try trick plays, but to expect a trick play you used three seasons ago and had success to work in the current season is absolutely ridiculous.

Yep, I'm going to predict the future. Look at the coaches that have won Super Bowls in the last few years and how they act on the sidelines. They look and act professional. They don't scream and belittle the officials and try to squeak extra timeouts from inexperienced guys they know they can take advantage of - they're respectful and professional. Tomlin, Belichick, and McCarthy are all the epitome of success and professionalism - something the Harbaughs know absolutely nothing about.

It's time to take your buttlove for the Harbaughs to another site - you're not going to be respected for your ridiculous opinions defending these two clowns on a Steelers site. Stop trying, it's a waste of time.

Atlanta Dan
11-11-2012, 07:24 PM

I am not talking about Jim

The reason you do not usually see a non-coordinator going to HC is because by their mid-40s most bona fide HC candidates have been coordinators in the meritocracy that is the NFL - Tomlin and Cowher did it in their 30s - Ravens made a good choice in hindsight with Harbaugh but it was a reach - I guess that is because the Ravens are the smartest organization in the NFL?

Among the reasons you do not see the fake FG up by multiple TD s more often are: 1) it is gutless; 2) you run the risk of having a star player taken out as payback. If you are seriously contending that it is not seen more often because John Harbaugh is smarter and a better coach than everyone else I give up or conclude you are trolling

Get back to me on what a great coach John Harbaugh is after he wins a game that merits a Gatorade bath - proof is in the pudding

lipps83
11-11-2012, 08:14 PM
It's time to take your buttlove for the Harbaughs to another site - you're not going to be respected for your ridiculous opinions defending these two clowns on a Steelers site. Stop trying, it's a waste of time.

This was a good debate before you decided to throw in a personal attack. Buttlove? Really? Are you 13?

Hit me back up when you make it to High School and grow up a little bit more.

Bayz101
11-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Taiwan Jones is a beast! :chuckle:

Raiders talked all kinds of shit before this game and got OWNED all day long. When the Raiders finally started to wake up, the Ravens faked a field goal and put the game well out of the Raiders reach. I originally thought it was a dirty, cheap play by a dirty, cheap, bitch of a coach, but that's not my opinion of this specific play. A whole quarter left to play, the Raiders we're getting a little better with execution, and the trick play did them in.

Simple as that. Keep discussion civil, please. :drink:

lipps83
11-11-2012, 08:25 PM
I am not talking about Jim

The reason you do not usually see a non-coordinator going to HC is because by their mid-40s most bona fide HC candidates have been coordinators in the meritocracy that is the NFL - Tomlin and Cowher did it in their 30s - Ravens made a good choice in hindsight with Harbaugh but it was a reach - I guess that is because the Ravens are the smartest organization in the NFL?

Among the reasons you do not see the fake FG up by multiple TD s more often are: 1) it is gutless; 2) you run the risk of having a star player taken out as payback. If you are seriously contending that it is not seen more often because John Harbaugh is smarter and a better coach than everyone else I give up or conclude you are trolling

Get back to me on what a great coach John Harbaugh is after he wins a game that merits a Gatorade bath - proof is in the pudding

It is gutless, which in my eyes, makes it brilliant.

Do you see what Chip Kelly is doing at Oregon? That guy is a brilliant head coach too. If they score fewer than 50 points against top competition their offense is off.

They routinely go for it on 4th downs on their side of the field. Completely unconventional in how the team is run. That is what is making them successful. The NFL is different of course, but if someone like that were to coach in the NFL in the same manner, it could take the game to a whole other level.

Defense is there to stop me. If they can't, that's not my problem. Fix your defense and don't expect me to stop myself because you cry like a 5 year old.

SteelersCanada
11-11-2012, 08:29 PM
This was a good debate before you decided to throw in a personal attack. Buttlove? Really? Are you 13?

Hit me back up when you make it to High School and grow up a little bit more.

Ya know, I didn't expect much more than that. Instead of arguing my points, you're going to 'attack' the way I said it. Sure, I said it a little bit crass and rude, but your blind favoritism for the Harbaughs is a little bit insane. What have they accomplished at all for you to call them "sought after" and "great"? John has proven time and time again he can't beat elite teams in the playoffs (Steelers, Patriots) and Jim took at a franchise that was in the tubes and won ... with a second place schedule in the NFC - West, a division known for it's weak teams (this year aside). So, they've shown they can win games in the regular season and choke in the playoffs.

Yep, they're great.

Also, sorry about that Bayz. Didn't mean to come off as aggressive as I did! :drink:

steelerchad
11-11-2012, 08:39 PM

Might be in the minority? It's pretty clear that you're standing alone, or side by side with your man crush, Harbaugh.

Dude's a jerk and always will be. If you think that was for practice, I don't have much faith in your level of intelligence. So telling me the Harbaugh's are geniuses doesn't really mean much.

What comes around goes around.

Bayz101
11-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Both Harbaugh brothers have yet to win the big game, and until they do, the hype goes on deaf ears. For me, at least.

Bayz101
11-11-2012, 08:44 PM
And for the record...I wouldn't have faked the field goal. The Raiders we're showing a little of what they could do on offense, but the lead the Ravens already had was simply too much. The field goal would have double-sealed and already sealed victory. The ONLY reason i'm not calling the coach out for the fake is simply because the Radiers we're talking shit beforehand, and they we're showing a little toughness on previous drives. The touchdown on the return ran the score up even higher, but that's obviously on the Raiders special teams and the refs missing a block on the back.

As a matter of fact, the refs "missed" a lot of calls between both Harbaugh brothers today. Kind of funny.

Edman
11-12-2012, 01:09 AM
The Harbaughs (John especially) are the modern day rendition of guys like Bum Phillips and Chuck Knox. Popular Coaches for their time, but ultimately held back by lack of Championship Success.

Harbaugh, much like the entire Ravens team, don't get much respect or hype until they win something worth celebrating about.

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
It is gutless, which in my eyes, makes it brilliant. ..

The NFL is different of course, but if someone like that were to coach in the NFL in the same manner, it could take the game to a whole other level.

Peter King of SI.com disagrees

Can't figure out, though, why the Ravens, with a 41-17 lead and 20 minutes left over a vanquished opponent, would use a fake field goal. Nothing to do with running up the score -- only with the thought that you don't want to show fake field goals and the like to future opponents when it's garbage time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/11/12/week-10/2.html

jjpro11
11-12-2012, 11:21 AM
The Harbaughs (John especially) are the modern day rendition of guys like Bum Phillips and Chuck Knox. Popular Coaches for their time, but ultimately held back by lack of Championship Success.

Harbaugh, much like the entire Ravens team, don't get much respect or hype until they win something worth celebrating about.

Are you kidding me? John has the more Gatorade baths than any coach in the league. How is that not reason to gloat?

BleedPurple
11-13-2012, 09:56 AM
My pick for the steal of last years draft, Taiwan Jones, gets his first start agaainst the Ravens this week.

Now you are going to see the next great NFL legend begin his journey.

The Ravens "D" better eat their wheaties.

2 rushes for 6 yards for Taiwan, 72 yards allowed on the day. Must have had a big bowl of Wheaties.

BleedPurple
11-13-2012, 10:10 AM
For the record, and this probably isn't apparent for people who live outside of Baltimore or are not fans, we ran the fake field goal and "ran up the score" because fans are very critical of the Raven's ability to finish a game.

According to local talk personalities whenever we lose a close game it is because we took our foot off the gas or did not step on our opponents neck and let them hang around after going up by 10-13 points. I think the idea here was to score as many points as possible until the raiders D stopped us, which they never did. Had your team done it I think you would feel the same way Raven's fans feel this week, about 50/50 on the subject.

Also, keep in mind we pulled our starters for the entire 4th quarter and didn't play our most prolific defensive player at all. I thought we gave them a clean, fair game. In your opinions, do you think we should have just taken knees starting with 10 minutes left in the third quarter?

silver & black
11-13-2012, 04:21 PM
do you think we should have just taken knees starting with 10 minutes left in the third quarter?

Hell no!

Look.... I'm as die hard a Raiders fan as you'll find....I'm not pissed at all about the score. I'm pissed that my team sucks this bad! If they didn't like the scoring..... STOP THEM!

Ravnet
11-13-2012, 08:13 PM
So, they've shown they can win games in the regular season and choke in the playoffs.

The Ravens have either been in the conference semifinals or conference finals every year since 2008, winning at least one playoff game in each try. During that same time span, Pittsburgh has only advanced as far (albeit further) twice, a full 50% less than Baltimore.

I suppose that you're right in that Baltimore has "choked," if you take that phrase to mean losing to elite opponents, but I would give a team like Baltimore more credit for losing to the best than being Pittsburgh and sitting at home or losing to Tim Tebow (as the Steelers did in 2009 and 2011, respectively).

The Ravens have won as many playoff games as Pittsburgh since Harbaugh came on, and received four playoff berths to Pittsburgh's three. For kicks, the Ravens have five playoff berths to Pittsburgh's four if you want to go pre-Harbaugh but after Pittsburgh's 2005 SB run.

This seems to indicate that post-2005, and certainly during the Harbaugh era, the Ravens have been more successful at reaching the playoffs.

On the other hand, you can certainly make a strong case for Pittsburgh being more successful than Baltimore when actually in the playoffs, but considering that the Steelers have enjoyed a prolific decade, this isn't to say that the Ravens haven't been successful in their own right, thus refuting your claim of them only winning in the regular season.

John has proven time and time again he can't beat elite teams in the playoffs (Steelers, Patriots)

I'd argue that he has beaten just as many quality opponents as Pittsburgh has during the same time period, despite Pittsburgh appearing vastly superior because of its advancement to two Super Bowls.

Since 2008, and in the playoffs, the Ravens have beaten Miami and Tennessee (2008), New England (2009 and contrary to your explicit claim), Kansas City (2010), and Houston (2011). Pittsburgh has defeated San Diego, Baltimore, and Arizona (2008), and Baltimore and the New York Jets (2010). Since you're into spinning facts into your own factoids, I'll let you do the analysis, but I'm not sure there's a wide margin in talent defeated, and in fact I might give the edge to the Ravens.

It's also unfair to lump Jim/John together; John Harbaugh has been one of the three or four most successful coaches in the league during his five-year tenure. Jim has had one good season.

If you choose to provide some sort of dissection as to the prestige of opponents faced, then carry on with whatever helps you rest easy, but the facts (read: wins/losses) stand.

Bayz101
11-13-2012, 08:19 PM
Blah blah fucking blah. Joe Flacco, drafted in '08, has failed to lead your team to the big game. Beaten TWICE by the Pittsburgh Steelers when it matters, in the playoffs. Embarrassed. When Joe Flacco at least MAKES it to the Super Bowl, i'll give him a little credit. That hasn't happened.

harrison'samonster
11-13-2012, 08:27 PM
The Ravens have either been in the conference semifinals or conference finals every year since 2008, winning at least one playoff game in each try. During that same time span, Pittsburgh has only advanced as far (albeit further) twice, a full 50% less than Baltimore.

I suppose that you're right in that Baltimore has "choked," if you take that phrase to mean losing to elite opponents, but I would give a team like Baltimore more credit for losing to the best than being Pittsburgh and sitting at home or losing to Tim Tebow (as the Steelers did in 2009 and 2011, respectively).

The Ravens have won as many playoff games as Pittsburgh since Harbaugh came on, and received four playoff berths to Pittsburgh's three. For kicks, the Ravens have five playoff berths to Pittsburgh's four if you want to go pre-Harbaugh but after Pittsburgh's 2005 SB run.

This seems to indicate that post-2005, and certainly during the Harbaugh era, the Ravens have been more successful at reaching the playoffs.

On the other hand, you can certainly make a strong case for Pittsburgh being more successful than Baltimore when actually in the playoffs, but considering that the Steelers have enjoyed a prolific decade, this isn't to say that the Ravens haven't been successful in their own right, thus refuting your claim of them only winning in the regular season.

I'd argue that he has beaten just as many quality opponents as Pittsburgh has during the same time period, despite Pittsburgh appearing vastly superior because of its advancement to two Super Bowls.

Since 2008, and in the playoffs, the Ravens have beaten Miami and Tennessee (2008), New England (2009 and contrary to your explicit claim), Kansas City (2010), and Houston (2011). Pittsburgh has defeated San Diego, Baltimore, and Arizona (2008), and Baltimore and the New York Jets (2010). Since you're into spinning facts into your own factoids, I'll let you do the analysis, but I'm not sure there's a wide margin in talent defeated, and in fact I might give the edge to the Ravens.

It's also unfair to lump Jim/John together; John Harbaugh has been one of the three or four most successful coaches in the league during his five-year tenure. Jim has had one good season.

If you choose to provide some sort of dissection as to the prestige of opponents faced, then carry on with whatever helps you rest easy, but the facts (read: wins/losses) stand.

I only read the two quotes you used in your post. Whatever you had to add to it, nobody cares.

Ravnet
11-13-2012, 08:33 PM
Blah blah fucking blah. Joe Flacco, drafted in '08, has failed to lead your team to the big game. Beaten TWICE by the Pittsburgh Steelers when it matters, in the playoffs. Embarrassed. When Joe Flacco at least MAKES it to the Super Bowl, i'll give him a little credit. That hasn't happened.

Flacco has as many postseason wins as Ben did in his first four years (5 apiece), and Harbaugh has as many postseason wins as Tomlin did in his first four (5 apiece).

Flacco has as many regular season wins as Ben did in his first four years (44 apiece), and Harbaugh has more regular season wins than Tomlin did in his first four years (44 vs. 43).

Flacco has more playoff berths than Ben in his first four years (4 vs. 3), and Harbaugh has more playoff berths than Tomlin in his first four years (4 vs. 3).

I'd say the Ravens are knocking.

Ravnet
11-13-2012, 08:36 PM
I only read the two quotes you used in your post. Whatever you had to add to it, nobody cares.

Well then that's it, you've convinced me, Joe Flacco sucks!

Bayz101
11-13-2012, 08:51 PM
How many times has Flacco beaten the Steelers in the playoffs? You do realize that if the Ravens miss out on the Super Bowl yet again this year that Flacco will have went the same amount of time without ONE ring that Ben did to get a SECOND? Bottom line is you guys need to get to the big game. Flacco has had plenty of time and talent and has come up empty. No excuses after this season. This is the year you need to win it all.

harrison'samonster
11-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Flacco has as many postseason wins as Ben did in his first four years (5 apiece), and Harbaugh has as many postseason wins as Tomlin did in his first four (5 apiece).

Flacco has as many regular season wins as Ben did in his first four years (44 apiece), and Harbaugh has more regular season wins than Tomlin did in his first four years (44 vs. 43).

Flacco has more playoff berths than Ben in his first four years (4 vs. 3), and Harbaugh has more playoff berths than Tomlin in his first four years (4 vs. 3).

I'd say the Ravens are knocking.

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. The joke begins with "Knock, knock." In the end you say the Ravens are at the door, and we all have a good laugh.

SteelersCanada
11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
I wasn't going to do it. I was going to let you enjoy your little spotlight of how good the Ravens have been in the playoffs and do your little happy dance, but I'll bite.

I'm going to take the Super Bowl win over your playoff wins and ultimately defeats. Your argument here ends. Great, you made the playoffs and beat Miami and Tennessee, but ultimately lost. Key word: lost.

A Tim Tebow loss shot - I didn't expect any better. Again, we lost a playoff game to an inferior opponent and there's no getting around it. See, we don't make excuses. We recognize we lost and we moved on already and it's a little sad that Ravens fans have to keep bringing it up. Why? You can't beat us in the playoffs. So, you bring up another teams victory and use it like it's your own. Stop it, you look ridiculous.

The Ravens have won as many playoff games as Pittsburgh since Harbaugh came on, and received four playoff berths to Pittsburgh's three. For kicks, the Ravens have five playoff berths to Pittsburgh's four if you want to go pre-Harbaugh but after Pittsburgh's 2005 SB run. This seems to indicate that post-2005, and certainly during the Harbaugh era, the Ravens have been more successful at reaching the playoffs.

With one (in reality, it's two) less ring(s). Take your playoff wins and again, losses, and we'll take our championships. Oh, and of course throw out one of our Super Bowl wins - it only makes you and your argument look ridiculous. You're reaching, and it comes off as desperate.

Successful in their own right? Do you know what they call almost winning an AFC Championship game and getting to a Super Bowl? Losing.

I cut out the last couple of paragraphs because it was ranting about things I don't really care about. This is the part that made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Appearing vastly superior? Appearing? No. A team IS vastly superior when they reach the big game twice (defeating the Ratbirds twice in the process) compared to the Ravens' 0. Zero, as in it didn't happen. Zero, as in the amount of times the Ravens' have defeated the Steelers in the playoffs. Take your "quality opponent" victories, and we'll take our victories over you in the playoffs every. single. time. and our Championship rings.

Zero, as in the amount of rings John Harbaugh has.

I don't think I understand your argument. You're defending losing in the playoffs because you've been there more times? That's great, you made the playoffs and did absolutely nothing while in it. You didn't win, you didn't accomplish anything. It's a pretty weak argument to use. Congratulations, you have a coach that will take you the post-season and lose, which brings me back to my original point:

He can't win when it matters.

Oh I didn't even see this little gem until after I posted.

With two less AFC Titles and Championships. And in the case of Roethlisberger, TWO less rings.

BleedPurple
11-14-2012, 02:46 PM
I wasn't going to do it. I was going to let you enjoy your little spotlight of how good the Ravens have been in the playoffs and do your little happy dance, but I'll bite.

I'm going to take the Super Bowl win over your playoff wins and ultimately defeats. Your argument here ends. Great, you made the playoffs and beat Miami and Tennessee, but ultimately lost. Key word: lost.

A Tim Tebow loss shot - I didn't expect any better. Again, we lost a playoff game to an inferior opponent and there's no getting around it. See, we don't make excuses. We recognize we lost and we moved on already and it's a little sad that Ravens fans have to keep bringing it up. Why? You can't beat us in the playoffs. So, you bring up another teams victory and use it like it's your own. Stop it, you look ridiculous.

With one (in reality, it's two) less ring(s). Take your playoff wins and again, losses, and we'll take our championships. Oh, and of course throw out one of our Super Bowl wins - it only makes you and your argument look ridiculous. You're reaching, and it comes off as desperate.

Successful in their own right? Do you know what they call almost winning an AFC Championship game and getting to a Super Bowl? Losing.

I cut out the last couple of paragraphs because it was ranting about things I don't really care about. This is the part that made me laugh out loud when I read it.

Appearing vastly superior? Appearing? No. A team IS vastly superior when they reach the big game twice (defeating the Ratbirds twice in the process) compared to the Ravens' 0. Zero, as in it didn't happen. Zero, as in the amount of times the Ravens' have defeated the Steelers in the playoffs. Take your "quality opponent" victories, and we'll take our victories over you in the playoffs every. single. time. and our Championship rings.

Zero, as in the amount of rings John Harbaugh has.

I don't think I understand your argument. You're defending losing in the playoffs because you've been there more times? That's great, you made the playoffs and did absolutely nothing while in it. You didn't win, you didn't accomplish anything. It's a pretty weak argument to use. Congratulations, you have a coach that will take you the post-season and lose, which brings me back to my original point:

He can't win when it matters.

Oh I didn't even see this little gem until after I posted.

With two less AFC Titles and Championships. And in the case of Roethlisberger, TWO less rings.

If you had gotten past Tebow we might have had a chance to beat you in the AFCCG last year. Can't really fault us for not beating a team who was sitting on the couch through most of the playoffs. :noidea:

SteelersCanada
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM
If you had gotten past Tebow we might have had a chance to beat you in the AFCCG last year. Can't really fault us for not beating a team who was sitting on the couch through most of the playoffs. :noidea:

:doh:

Ricco Suavez
11-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Ravens must get their inspiration from almost. As in we almost won a conference championship or we almost beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Who knows if yall could make to us every year in the playoffs we might be 6-0 against you, using your logic it makes sense to me. Yall shot your wad last year and choked in the AFCCG, both Flacco your "stud" WR and your kicker. Perhaps this year your team should concentrate more on finishing a season than giving you "smelly " coach a gatorade bath after epic regualr season wins. There lies the biggest difference between the Steelers and the Ravens, one has been there done that and you on the other hand celebrate the little things that make you feel good about yourselves.

BleedPurple
11-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Ravens must get their inspiration from almost. As in we almost won a conference championship or we almost beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Who knows if yall could make to us every year in the playoffs we might be 6-0 against you, using your logic it makes sense to me. Yall shot your wad last year and choked in the AFCCG, both Flacco your "stud" WR and your kicker. Perhaps this year your team should concentrate more on finishing a season than giving you "smelly " coach a gatorade bath after epic regualr season wins. There lies the biggest difference between the Steelers and the Ravens, one has been there done that and you on the other hand celebrate the little things that make you feel good about yourselves.

lol Steelers fans don't handle defeat very well. You got schooled last year, get over it.

SteelersCanada
11-15-2012, 02:11 AM
lol Steelers fans don't handle defeat very well. You got schooled last year, get over it.

... Says the guy that has to keep bringing up the Bronco win over the Steelers. Hypocrisy at its finest, I suppose.

Why are you even on our boards?

Ricco Suavez
11-15-2012, 06:48 AM

Oh Snap You so told me didn't you. Keep telling yourself enough lies and you will believe them your self. Make sure the team brings enough Gatorade "just in Case" you win, would so hate for your team to miss an opportunity to celebrate another signature win against your nemesis. BTW, the way Raven fans remember things you can tell your grandkids how yall handled the big bad Steelers in the playoffs too, you can get by with that lie, Raven fans have trouble reading facts.