PDA

View Full Version : Clarett Adds To Resume in His Quest To Get Signed By dem Bengals

Lyn
08-09-2006, 08:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2544217

Woogie
08-09-2006, 08:23 AM
I saw this on the news this morning...what a pathetic moron. I guess he was supposed to be in court today for something involved in the robbery case, too.

Lyn
08-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Jeez! What?s in the air these days that?s making players go nuts? (I guess
Maurice can?t really be called a player)

Actually, it is really sad to see a talent like Clarett was for OSU winning the national championship, etc to turn up like this. :rolleyes:

PisnNapalm
08-09-2006, 10:14 AM
That's just sad...

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-09-2006, 10:36 AM
so much talent wasted.....I think he could have been a great back if he stayed in school and did things the right way.

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2006, 10:52 AM
so much talent wasted.....I think he could have been a great back if he stayed in school and did things the right way.

I agree. It's a shame. Hopefully the law will lock him up and not give any type of "special treament" with this most current arrest. Between Henry and Clarett, you don't know who's going to kill somebody first.

CantStop85
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
And to think, none of this probably would have happened if the NFL had allowed him to enter the draft.

AZ_Steeler
08-09-2006, 12:06 PM

No doubt... being an avid OSU fan I watched him in the National Championship game and he was impressive, he looked good all season. It's really a shame that he let it go to his head and try and fight the system. I really hoped that the Broncos kept him... it's really a shame...

Woogie
08-09-2006, 01:09 PM
Here's the 12:00 news story with more details. Top story with video. http://wbns.com/

memphissteelergirl
08-09-2006, 01:28 PM

Actually, it is really sad to see a talent like Clarett was for OSU winning the national championship, etc to turn up like this. :rolleyes:

:iagree: It is a profound waste of potential!

boLT fan
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Maurice should fit right in there, if he gets signed by the Bengals. :busted:

SteelCityMan786
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Yep and be out in the span of 6 days.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-09-2006, 02:42 PM

I'm going against the tide here. :rolleyes:

I don't necessarily think it was wasted talent. The inmates that were on furlough to the "University" weren't exactly stellar in stopping the run. Almost everyone had success rushing on them. It was the OSU defense that turned the Hurricanes into an offshore Breeze.

Clarett (obvious now) had serious problems that made him believe that some nice rushes in the Fiesta Bowl meant he was the next coming of Reggie Bush. Give any team the ball 52 times and you better get 150 yards.

Give Reggie the ball 52 times and you may have 25 touchdowns.

Lyn
08-09-2006, 03:08 PM
That is an interesting concept. You mean you do not think Clarrett had ability? He, well as you say, the entire team looked awesome on that Saturday night in da burgh. We had come down for a Steeler game the following day and we were out partying with friends from all around the US, sitting at a huge table watching OSU and it was spectacular!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-09-2006, 03:22 PM
The strange and continuing saga of Maurice Clarett. We will never know how good Maurice would have been if he would have lasted with the Broncos or the NFL for that matter. I thought Clarett was very overrated. I thought the guy was good but was nothing special. But Maurice Clarett has done nothing but piss his talent and life away.

Its sad to see wasted talent. But I'm not crying Maurice a river. He has proved to be nothing but an idiot and deserves to be locked up.

CantStop85
08-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Another wasted life courtesy of the NFL.

Ambridge
08-09-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't think Maurice has the ability to wise-up.
A Naturally Born Dumbass!!

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2006, 05:10 PM
I don't think Maurice has the ability to wise-up.
A Naturally Born Dumbass!!

I agree. He can't blame anybody but himself for his idiotic decisions. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for the punk. I'm not Marvin Lewis. He's a big boy, he made his bed and now he has to lay in it.

silver & black
08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Screw 'em. It just goes to show what kind of person he really is. If he would have done well with the donkos and made the team and become a successful NFL player, he would still be an a$$hole deep inside.

He didn't have what it takes to be an NFL player, so, he he is just being what he really is... a piece of shit!

I hope they lock his worthless ass up for a long, long time.

I feel like this, and I am a huge Ohio State fan.

Lyn
08-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Screw 'em. It just goes to show what kind of person he really is. If he would have done well with the donkos and made the team and become a successful NFL player, he would still be an a$$hole deep inside.

He didn't have what it takes to be an NFL player, so, he he is just being what he really is... a piece of shit!

I hope they lock his worthless ass up for a long, long time.

I feel like this, and I am a huge Ohio State fan.

As an OSU fan what did you think of his overall performance in the national title game?

19ward86
08-09-2006, 11:36 PM
columbus, ohio is the worst place to draft a guy from. yes some great players like eddie george but some dousche bag 22yr olds ruining their career. i think maurice is an overrated player anyway. he was descent at osu, and a third round draft pick. these threads about him would be better if he was a top pick. this is just another story the press blows up cause nothin important is going on.

silver & black
08-10-2006, 12:01 AM
As an OSU fan what did you think of his overall performance in the national title game?
I thought he performed well. He was just a Freshman then. Outstanding ability. Too bad he was/is a piece of shit.

Even before the championship game, he had issues with the coaching staff about not being allowed to go home for the funeral of one of his buddies, if I recall correctly. I don't recall the exact details of the conflict, but I know he raised a stink over it... one of many, as it is now apparent.

CantStop85
08-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Even before the championship game, he had issues with the coaching staff about not being allowed to go home for the funeral of one of his buddies, if I recall correctly. I don't recall the exact details of the conflict, but I know he raised a stink over it...
If I were in that situation, I believe I would as well.

silver & black
08-10-2006, 03:48 PM
If I were in that situation, I believe I would as well.
Like I said, I don't recall the exact details of the situation. I think it was right before the championship game... something to do with logistics and the time frame.

I do remember siding with Clarrett on the issue, though. If it were a friend of mine, I would want to be at his funeral too.

SteelerFanInCA
08-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Santonio's two cents on Clarret.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2545291&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

tony hipchest
08-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Santonio's two cents on Clarret.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2545291&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2
the thought of clAREtte as santonios "friend" is pretty scary.

MattsMe
08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
In related news, several Bengal players have been placed on the PUP list after a bizarre locker room accident. Apparently they slipped in a huge puddle of Marvin's drool as he was being told the details of Clarett's latest brush with the law.

tony hipchest
08-10-2006, 07:06 PM
talent supercedes character. just ask mike brown.

good luck bungles (please note the oxymoron)

SteelerFanInCA
08-11-2006, 02:21 PM
the thought of clAREtte as santonios "friend" is pretty scary.
It is kind of scary. I can't believe the roads or paths these guy have taken. Makes me wonder how much trouble they got into in college that we didn't hear about.

LambertIsGod58
08-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Clarett is a bag of sh*t....IMO, he's angry at the world for the choices he has made...What was a promising career...has turned into a fart in the wind...Here one minute, gone the next!

83-Steelers-43
08-18-2006, 12:57 AM
At least it's not Hezbollah.....:smile:

Lawyer: Clarett has ties to alleged Israeli mobster
ESPN

Maurice Clarett was bankrolled by an alleged member of an Israeli crime organization after leaving Ohio State, ESPN has learned, and Clarett's attorney said Thursday that his client may have been in possession of firearms last week to protect himself against mob activity.

Clarett's attorney, Nick Mango, said Thursday that Clarett has repeatedly received death threats over the past year but that a cryptic postcard sent from Los Angeles last week has him wondering about Clarett's ties to an alleged mob enforcer.

In the late summer of 2004, ESPN has learned, Clarett traveled to Los Angeles and was introduced by a rapper friend to Hai Waknine, 35, a convicted felon who prosecutors believe is a member of an Israeli crime organization called The Jerusalem Group. Waknine, who at the time was being indicted on extortion and money-laundering charges, became Clarett's sponsor and adviser, along with Waknine's attorney, David Kenner. Waknine provided Clarett with cash, a BMW, bodyguards, drivers and beachfront lodging in Malibu, with the understanding that he would be reimbursed and receive 60 percent of Clarett's rookie contract.

But when Clarett was released by the Denver Broncos in August 2005, he was unable to pay Waknine back, and ESPN has learned that Waknine eventually cut off Clarett financially. Clarett moved back to his hometown of Youngstown, Ohio, that fall.

After Clarett was arrested last week, allegedly wearing a bulletproof vest and possessing four guns and a hatchet, Clarett's attorneys received an anonymous phone call alerting them to Clarett's ties to Waknine. They grew more suspicious when they received the threatening postcard this week.

Mango said he is concerned that postcard, sent to his law office, may have come from Waknine.

"That's our question, whether it's from him or people associated with that scene out there," Mango told ESPN. "Again, it came from Los Angeles, and we don't know what to make of that. ... We're going to turn this over to someone in law enforcement and see what they think [of the postcard]. ... We've always felt he had some reasons to fear for his safety, and we don't think any of his actions the night he was arrested -- despite the way it's been spun -- were that he was a threat to anyone else but more of him being in fear for his safety for quite some time."

Mango also said he believes Clarett's debt may have something to do with the threats.

"I believe he owes [Waknine] money, and I think [Waknine] is probably not the only one" he owes, Mango said. "Whether it's someone all the way on that coast or more on this side of the country; it's no one that I'd want to owe money to. ... A call came to our office [about Waknine], kind of giving us a rumored story. It's been kind of tossed around by us, and quite frankly, Youngstown has quite a reputation -- if you don't know it already -- for the Italian side of that ballgame. And everyone here thought, 'Well, you wonder with money changing hands ...' Having heard the things we've heard, this is a little more concerning."

Waknine's current relationship with Clarett is not clear, although two hours before Clarett's arrest, the running back called an ESPN reporter and mentioned, in passing, that he and Waknine were still friends. However, ESPN has learned that the FBI contacted Clarett about his relationship with Waknine before the 2005 draft, and it is unknown whether Clarett cooperated.

Waknine went on trial on June 5, and he pleaded guilty a week later to a single racketeering charge, admitting that he threatened violence to extort money from several individuals. Waknine, who was unavailable for comment Thursday, is expected to receive a nine-year prison term at his sentencing Sept. 11. His attorney, Kenner -- the former lawyer for Death Row Records and its founder, Marion "Suge" Knight -- did not return phone messages.

It's no secret, however, that Waknine provided Clarett with a life of luxury from August 2004 to August 2005.

"When I worked with Maurice, he had Hai and a very high-profile lawyer," said Charles Poliquin, who trained Clarett in November and December 2004 in Phoenix. "There are not a lot of guys that want to play pro football who have a team of lawyers and money men backing them up, and, for sure, they had his best interests at heart. But he was living too nice a life. Too nice. He was living in Malibu. Right on the beach. I've been to the house. [Waknine] owned like 10 cars and said, 'Pick whatever car you want.'"

But money eventually became an issue, especially for all of Clarett's three personal trainers. None of them -- Poliquin, Chad Ikei and Todd Durkin -- was ever paid for his services, and when one contacted a member of Clarett's inner circle to be reimbursed, he was told, "You'll get paid when I get paid."

Mango said he has neither the time nor the resources to investigate Waknine, but he found the threatening postcard puzzling.

"It came on a small index card like you use in school or whatever, and whatever language that was on it was actually cut and pasted in the old-fashioned sense, like typed and then cut out and pasted onto it," he said. "And then, obviously, the identity of the sender has been pretty well kept ... they took steps to keep that ...

"I think anything you get where the sender has taken very obvious and extreme and multiple steps to keep their identity sealed, that concerns me," he said. "Maurice has gotten other letters and, quite frankly, so have we. People write notes and might use the N-words, but it's in their handwriting some. Some sign it, even an address. In this case, none of that. There's no way to trace this one."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2553084