PDA

View Full Version : playoff field set?

madtowndrunkard
11-12-2012, 01:55 AM
I'll say YES... and the season is half over. Probably not what Goodell was hoping for... expect plenty of "poorly" officiated games in the near future.

AFC Teams:

NE, Denver, Houston, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, & Indy

NFC Teams:

ATL, Chicago, SanFran, NY Giants, Greenbay, & Seattle

Millers the sh!t
11-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Yep........ Those seem like the obvious teams at this point.

Limited chances but, is there Anyone else besides me who would like to see a repeat of 2005?

bhandsome08
11-12-2012, 04:36 AM

Limited chances but, is there Anyone else besides me who would like to see a repeat of 2005?

Steelers and Hawks in SB?
Wouldn't u rather a rematch with the Pack. I think the secondary can shut down their passing game.

maddog78
11-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Indy's not a lock. They've got two games with Houston and frankly, they will be outclassed both times. They're also at NE next week. I don't see them winning any of those three. which puts them at six losses. One more outside of those and they're at a tenuous 9-7. SD or Cincy could match that.

In the NFC. I'm not ready to put Seattle in, either, until they win a road game outside of Carolina. Look for Tampa to make a run, maybe Detroit. Vikings had a nice rebound win yesterday, too.

Anything can happen. The Bears were a lock at 7-3 last year and then lost Cutler and Forte. The Giants were dead at 7-7 and won it all.

An injury to any of the starting QBs and a season is quickly sunk.

steeltheone
11-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Steelers and Hawks in SB?
Wouldn't u rather a rematch with the Pack. I think the secondary can shut down their passing game.
Nobody's gonna shut Rodgers down, you can only hope to contain him somewhat and keep him off the field.

maddog78
11-12-2012, 07:58 AM

As long as we can get Jake Plummer back in Denver, and Chris Hope and the Troy of 2005 back in Pittsburgh.

Otherwise, I'd rather not see this team a Mile High again anytime soon.

jjpro11
11-12-2012, 11:16 AM
No more games in Denver please. We fucking suck there.. Plus we don't get Clark. Still a long way to go, but it's going to be hard to finish with a better record than Denver. Their remaining schedule is pretty easy.

ebsteelers
11-12-2012, 11:26 AM
lets not get a head of ourselves...
its the nfl anything can happen

we still play ravens twice, and at dallas
the browns in between both ravens games. could be tricky..

BUT for the most part just looking at who other teams behind us play
chargers should be good for at least 2 more loses and we play them,
dolphins at least 2 to 3 more,
bengals play us, ravens, and chargers still
titans, at least 2 more loses,
jets play basically knockout games with chargers and titans) along with pats

chargers (broncos, ravens, steelers, at jets, bengals)
dolphins (seattle, pats twice, 49ers)
bengals (ravens, steelers, at cowboys, chargers)
titans (texans, colts, packers)
jets (chargers, pats, titans)

as long as we hold serve at home that gets ya to 10-6
but beat the browns on the road, and lose to ravens and cowboys

still puts ya at 11-5 which looks like it will be good enough to get in..

and from winning the division stand point.

ravens at chargers, us twice, broncos, at bengals,

i'd say we got a fairly good chance to win the division

steve314
11-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Indy's not a lock. They've got two games with Houston and frankly, they will be outclassed both times. They're also at NE next week. I don't see them winning any of those three. which puts them at six losses. One more outside of those and they're at a tenuous 9-7. SD or Cincy could match that.

In the NFC. I'm not ready to put Seattle in, either, until they win a road game outside of Carolina. Look for Tampa to make a run, maybe Detroit. Vikings had a nice rebound win yesterday, too.

Anything can happen. The Bears were a lock at 7-3 last year and then lost Cutler and Forte. The Giants were dead at 7-7 and won it all.

An injury to any of the starting QBs and a season is quickly sunk.

Good call on the injury to Ben.

steve314
11-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Better than 2009 (loss to KC included).

SoB2367
11-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Assuming we get that far, I would much rather watch the Steelers take on the Packers again. Beat them, and there is no doubt who the greatest Football franchise of all time is!

steve314
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Assuming we get that far, I would much rather watch the Steelers take on the Packers again. Beat them, and there is no doubt who the greatest Football franchise of all time is!

One game determines the greatest franchise of all time?

ebsteelers
11-26-2012, 10:53 AM
lets not get a head of ourselves...
its the nfl anything can happenwe still play ravens twice, and at dallas
the browns in between both ravens games. could be tricky..

BUT for the most part just looking at who other teams behind us play
chargers should be good for at least 2 more loses and we play them,
dolphins at least 2 to 3 more,
bengals play us, ravens, and chargers still
titans, at least 2 more loses,
jets play basically knockout games with chargers and titans) along with pats

chargers (broncos, ravens, steelers, at jets, bengals)
dolphins (seattle, pats twice, 49ers)
bengals (ravens, steelers, at cowboys, chargers)
titans (texans, colts, packers)
jets (chargers, pats, titans)

as long as we hold serve at home that gets ya to 10-6
but beat the browns on the road, and lose to ravens and cowboys

still puts ya at 11-5 which looks like it will be good enough to get in..

and from winning the division stand point.

ravens at chargers, us twice, broncos, at bengals,

i'd say we got a fairly good chance to win the division

2 weeks later,

hanging on bye a thread.

reason these threads are never good in mid november.

mush city

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 10:56 AM
2 weeks later,

hanging on bye a thread.

reason these threads are never good in mid november.

mush city

wishing for 10-6. Then guess what? On to New England. YIKES.

madtowndrunkard
11-26-2012, 11:17 AM
I'll say YES... and the season is half over. Probably not what Goodell was hoping for... expect plenty of "poorly" officiated games in the near future.

AFC Teams:

NE, Denver, Houston, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, & Indy

NFC Teams:

ATL, Chicago, SanFran, NY Giants, Greenbay, & Seattle

I'll stand by my prediction. I look at those 12 teams and I think I'm spot on. We have no chance to win the division...but a wildcard birth is ours to lose. Yea we are horrible right now...I'll give you that.

Of course if Ben doesn't come back this week or next we are done..and Cinci takes our spot.

madtowndrunkard
11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
I will also say that 2-3 weeks ago I thought we had a legit shot to win the SB...... Now that's laughable. Look at Denver, NE, and Houston... All 3 of those teams would kill us. With or with out Ben. Sure we could beat one of them in the playoffs, but odds are we'll have to get through 2 of those 3 teams...and that is not happening.... not unless injuries strike them like they have to us.

and yes..I also think Baltimore and Indy have no shot... they are as much a fraud as we are.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
I will also say that 2-3 weeks ago I thought we had a legit shot to win the SB...... Now that's laughable. Look at Denver, NE, and Houston... All 3 of those teams would kill us. With or with out Ben. Sure we could beat one of them in the playoffs, but odds are we'll have to get through 2 of those 3 teams...and that is not happening.... not unless injuries strike them like they have to us.

and yes..I also think Baltimore and Indy have no shot... they are as much a fraud as we are.

The Texans can be had - but to get to them we'd have to beat NE in their house - not happening with this version. They aren't capable of climbing out of a 10-0 or 14-0 whole.

Terminator
11-26-2012, 11:45 AM
The Texans can be had - but to get to them we'd have to beat NE in their house - not happening with this version. They aren't capable of climbing out of a 10-0 or 14-0 whole.

The Texans beat our ass the last time we played them, and that was a worse version of what they are now.

Patriots is a toss up. If our defense steps up, it could be a close game.

Broncos - forget it. We simply forgot how to beat them.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
what is sad is that this team is forgetting how to beat a lot of people lately

steeltheone
11-26-2012, 01:20 PM
We beat 1 team with a winning record this year and people think we can win on the road in January ???

tanda10506
11-26-2012, 01:31 PM

If we can go into the Giants house and do it after the refs spotted them 14 points, then we sure as hell can do it to NE. The only division leader I worry about playing is in Denver, and that's ONLY cause Clark can't play. The defense falls apart without him.

steelerchad
11-26-2012, 01:33 PM
If we can go into the Giants house and do it after the refs spotted them 14 points, then we sure as hell can do it to NE. The only division leader I worry about playing is in Denver, and that's ONLY cause Clark can't play. The defense falls apart without him.

agreed. Denver at home is the scary team.

steeltheone
11-26-2012, 02:04 PM

It was a big win! But when the Bungles thumped them the following week, it sorta led me to believe the Giants were a tired team with a late bye week.

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 02:11 PM
who knows - could be getting hot - seriously, it would be the weirdest thing to see another team go #6, through the road, onto a SB victory - seems to be the trend - maybe the Steelers will have their "backs against the wall" attitude once Ben returns. Hopin and prayin :thumbsup:

steelfury02
11-26-2012, 02:14 PM

you said it dude - we need to get healthy. Hey - you know, things work out weird. Maybe Clark will be out (in that scenario) and Troy is back. Troy and Allen suring things up? Not completely out of the realm of possibilities.