PDA

View Full Version : Steelers release NT Alameda Ta'amu

Hawaii 5-0
11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
just received a text, the Steelers have released NT Alameda Ta'amu...

Bayz101
11-12-2012, 04:43 PM
They waived him to make room for a fourth receiver. He'll be signed to the Practice Squad sometime this week.

STEELAMANIA
11-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Maybe he wont be back......

Hawaii 5-0
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
They waived him to make room for a fourth receiver. He'll be signed to the Practice Squad sometime this week.

not if another team signs him...

Atlanta Dan
11-12-2012, 04:50 PM
not if another team signs him...

Bengals have a pretty good DL

Bayz101
11-12-2012, 04:51 PM

:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM

:toofunny:

Sharkissle29
11-12-2012, 04:56 PM

It will be interesting to see the Steelers plans with Brown out. Wondering if Gilreath will be activated?

tony hipchest
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
what receivers are on the PS? is it gilreath and clemons?

Sharkissle29
11-12-2012, 04:58 PM
what receivers are on the PS? is it gilreath and clemons?

I believe so. I thought I heard something about Moye out of PSU signed as well?

Darkstorm05
11-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Gilreath went to the active roster. The move is listed on the Steelers home page, along with the release.

TRH
11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
its the right move to make. We shouldn't sign him back either. This was beyond a DUI, it was a very serious crime. The Steelers need to acknowledge and back the fact that they run an organization that is class. We don't "need" him.
It would have been nice if he had worked out, though. i had high hopes.

FrancoLambert
11-12-2012, 05:12 PM
its the right move to make. We shouldn't sign him back either. This was beyond a DUI, it was a very serious crime. The Steelers need to acknowledge and back the fact that they run an organization that is class. We don't "need" him.
It would have been nice if he had worked out, though. i had high hopes.

:applaudit:
Definitely a Steeler move. Let the other teams have the social misfits.

jjpro11
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
If they actually wanted to keep him, they'd release someone else to sign Gilreath. He could easily get picked up by another team.. Belichick is almost sure to put a claim in for him.

LayingTheWoodley56
11-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Just saw Labriola posted that we will resign T'amau to the practice squad if he clears waivers. Even given his (considerable) legal issues, it will be a shame to see him go after he was widely viewed as a big steal for us in the 4th round. If he is gone, he blew a golden opportunity to be a part of the Steelers defense for a long time.

It will be interesting to see what kind of impact Gilreath makes. I was impressed by what I saw of him during the preseason, and frankly I was a little surprised when we cut him in favor of keeping five running backs on the active roster.

wera176
11-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Well, that sucks.

But no surprise.

Glad Casey is playing ok....

tucker6
11-13-2012, 08:50 PM
went unclaimed and is now a FA. Steelers still on the hook for his small guaranteed signing bonus. He's going to see jail time no doubt, so he's probably too much trouble even for the PS.

Steelersfan87
11-13-2012, 09:05 PM
The Steelers wouldn't have bothered to reinstate him from his suspension to begin with if it was too much trouble. The only reason he was released was because they needed a receiver. Otherwise he'd still be on the 53-man roster right now. And Tomlin said today that it was purely a personnel move and didn't rule out bringing him back.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-13-2012, 09:28 PM
The Steelers wouldn't have bothered to reinstate him from his suspension to begin with if it was too much trouble. The only reason he was released was because they needed a receiver. Otherwise he'd still be on the 53-man roster right now. And Tomlin said today that it was purely a personnel move and didn't rule out bringing him back.

:applaudit: my thoughts exactly. I think when he gets signed back that there will be more unrest than after a Bruce Arians bubble screen playcall.

Fire Haley
11-14-2012, 10:30 AM
He's baaaaaaaaaaaaack

Steelers re-sign Ta'amu to practice squad

Cleared waivers

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-sign-nt-alameda-taamu-to-the-practice-squad/

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-14-2012, 10:55 AM
:rofl:
Glad they cut ties with that thug.................uh...nevermind.

Steelers>NFL
11-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Glad to have him back. Moving forward, hope he pans out.

wootawnee
11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Killer;1048304]He's baaaaaaaaaaaaack

Steelers re-sign Ta'amu to practice squad

Cleared waivers

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/11/steelers-sign-nt-alameda-taamu-to-the-practice-squad/[/QUOTE

I'm glad were stickin sith him....He's got a ton of potential.....He has to work real hard.....He could be special if he works hard and trys his best.......Good luck Ta'amu...Mahalo brudda!!

STEELMANIAK
11-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Glad to have him back. Moving forward, hope he pans out.

I agree. I honestly don't care what these guys do off the field as long as he raises hell on the field. I mean, it's not like we are deep at the nose tackle position to begin with. I don't really count Mclendon to be that big space eating nose tackle that we need to fit our defense.

To all you guys saying to cut him, I'd like to remind you that BB has been "accused" two different rape charges. I also think we all know that there has to be some truth to it as well. So all you hypocrites need to just stop with the cut him crap.

BKAnthem
11-14-2012, 02:21 PM
This was definitely a shot across his bow...they let him see by going through waivers that no one wants his ass right now and how much of a privilege playing in the NFL is

Terminator
11-14-2012, 02:22 PM
What exactly does it mean to "clear waivers"?

MasterOfPuppets
11-14-2012, 03:25 PM
What exactly does it mean to "clear waivers"?
it means no one else claimed him...:noidea:

FrancoLambert
11-14-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm shocked we re-signed him.
Also very surprised that no team claimed him off waivers.

Fire Haley
11-14-2012, 05:43 PM
it means no one else claimed him...:

perzactly

I guess just the thought of the Steelers letting him go free after being smeared all over a police blotter was enough to scare away other teams.

the ploy worked to perfection

Tomlin is a genius

Fire Arians
11-14-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm shocked we re-signed him.
Also very surprised that no team claimed him off waivers.

surprised the bengals didnt pick him up. he'd be playing right next to vontaze burfict, they'd be a great pair :chuckle:

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I agree. I honestly don't care what these guys do off the field as long as he raises hell on the field. I mean, it's not like we are deep at the nose tackle position to begin with. I don't really count Mclendon to be that big space eating nose tackle that we need to fit our defense.

To all you guys saying to cut him, I'd like to remind you that BB has been "accused" two different rape charges. I also think we all know that there has to be some truth to it as well. So all you hypocrites need to just stop with the cut him crap.

I have to disagree.

Big Ben was ACCUSED of events nobody can verify except he and his accusers. One of his accusers was caught red-handed bragging about the incident outright, while the other swallowed all the evidence (a necessarily voluntary act unless the receiver is holding a gun to your loved one's head). In other words, we have to accept his accusers' words at face value with no proof and credibility shot to hell.

Ta'amu on the other hand, was seen by MANY witnesses, driving a drunken rampage through downtown, nearly running several people over, nearly running over several cops, all while fleeing arrest and crashing through various private properties and vehicles.

Apples and oranges. I don't believe Ben did it. I do however believe that Ta'amu was taking his final exam in Hip-Hop and passed with flying colors.

All he has left to do to become a full Jedi is to go to jail, get tattooed up there, write a rap album, and convert to Islam to claim his street creds.

He has no longer has any place in any classy organization that prides itself on only working with character people.

Steelersfan87
11-15-2012, 05:25 AM
People who have multiple accusations of rape are not "character" people. This whole whitewashing of team history to assure that only the finest and classiest of personnel decisions are recalled crap will never die, will it? Granted, perhaps the Steelers organization is guided more by a 'moral compass' or whatnot than most, but at the end of the day they're still the same as any other business owner.

Ta'amu made a really bad fucking mistake and he'll make good of it. That the team seemingly has the intention to allow him to do this with them says more about their class than dumping the boy out on his ass to push the problem onto somebody else.

Terminator
11-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Does is it even really matter? I read online that there is video evidence of Ta'amu attempting to run over police officers with his SUV, and that if it wasn't such a busy area, he would have been shot dead. How is this guy not going to go to jail?

kent
11-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Does is it even really matter? I read online that there is video evidence of Ta'amu attempting to run over police officers with his SUV, and that if it wasn't such a busy area, he would have been shot dead. How is this guy not going to go to jail?

Just makes me sad/angry hearing all these stories about professional athletes doing such dumb things. They have the world by the balls and piss it away.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2012, 09:31 AM
People who have multiple accusations of rape are not "character" people. .

Yeah, the average guy with that kind of background isnt allowed to coach Little League Baseball.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-15-2012, 01:44 PM
People who have multiple accusations of rape are not "character" people. This whole whitewashing of team history to assure that only the finest and classiest of personnel decisions are recalled crap will never die, will it? Granted, perhaps the Steelers organization is guided more by a 'moral compass' or whatnot than most, but at the end of the day they're still the same as any other business owner.

It is all about TENDENCIES. The Steelers have a tendency to look for class act players, but there are always exceptions.

I am sorry-- but I have problems holding any of those accusations against Ben's character, considering the circumstances and questionable actions of both accusers. There is a reason why no charges were filed, and he has a dafamation suit against the first accuser.

Ta'amu made a really bad fucking mistake and he'll make good of it. That the team seemingly has the intention to allow him to do this with them says more about their class than dumping the boy out on his ass to push the problem onto somebody else.

Playing in the NFL is a prviliege. Clearly, when someone goes ona drunken rampage/street chase through crowded downtown with the cops, they just treated that priviliege the way a dog treats food when he isn't hungry-- he pisses on it so another dog can't eat it.

Ta'amu screwed over his employer, his teammates, the city of Pittsburgh, his parents, and most importantly, himself. He didn't just make some innocent, youthful mistake that he "can make good on", he committed a length list of serious crimes that will no doubt help to paint an unfavorable image of NFL players among the populace.

He needs to be off of our team.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Just makes me sad/angry hearing all these stories about professional athletes doing such dumb things. They have the world by the balls and piss it away.

What is more infuriating, is when the league or the teams do not take action to correct or dump these retards.

A good example? How the hell is Pacman Jones still playing in the NFL?

Dude went to da strip club with his fellow brain-surgeon, Nelly. Nelly, in typical narcissitic hip-hop artist fashion, makes it rain in the club. Pacman, wanting to join in the retard festivities, throws some of his own money into the air.

When the dancers inevitably start picking up the floating bills, Pacman Jones proceeds to start grabing the dancers by the hair and slamming their heads off the floor for the "ho's touching my loot".

The club security of course moves into action to kick his dumb azz out, to which he responds by telling his bodyguards to "Smoke dis fool". They in turn open fire into a crowd of patrons and security guards.

One guy is paralyzed from the waist down for life. They just won an $11 million settlement off of him. Right now, he is playing football to pay the huge debt as a result of his moronic escapade, but he is STILL IN THE NFL.

Now we have a guy on our team who went on a drinken rampage in a 2 ton SUV and would have been shot dead had it not been in crowded downtown. He has no place on this team or in the NFL. Some mistakes you can atone for-- others demonstrate such a fatally flawed mind that you cannot ever take them back.

Hawaii 5-0
11-15-2012, 02:26 PM

the problem I have with Ta'amu is that this is his 2nd DUI, doesn't seem like he learned anything after getting busted for his first one.

having said that, I do respect the Steelers for giving him another opportunity to put his life back on track...

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2012, 02:50 PM
What is more infuriating, is when the league or the teams do not take action to correct or dump these retards.

A good example? How the hell is Pacman Jones still playing in the NFL?

Dude went to da strip club with his fellow brain-surgeon, Nelly. Nelly, in typical narcissitic hip-hop artist fashion, makes it rain in the club. Pacman, wanting to join in the retard festivities, throws some of his own money into the air.

When the dancers inevitably start picking up the floating bills, Pacman Jones proceeds to start grabing the dancers by the hair and slamming their heads off the floor for the "ho's touching my loot".

The club security of course moves into action to kick his dumb azz out, to which he responds by telling his bodyguards to "Smoke dis fool". They in turn open fire into a crowd of patrons and security guards.

One guy is paralyzed from the waist down for life. They just won an $11 million settlement off of him. Right now, he is playing football to pay the huge debt as a result of his moronic escapade, but he is STILL IN THE NFL.

Now we have a guy on our team who went on a drinken rampage in a 2 ton SUV and would have been shot dead had it not been in crowded downtown. He has no place on this team or in the NFL. Some mistakes you can atone for-- others demonstrate such a fatally flawed mind that you cannot ever take them back.

Didnt Donte Stallworth run over a guy?
Didnt Leonard Little kill a guy in a car crash and blow 0.18?
Didnt Nebraska D lineman Christian Peter have a 6 year NFL career after being convicted as a rapist?? http://playerperspective.com/nfc-east/new-york-giants/remember-patriots-owner-robert/

If you can play in the NFL you will stay in the NFL. Get used to it. Many NFL players have.

Steelersfan87
11-15-2012, 05:45 PM

How arrogant. Who are you to say that a man has a "fatally flawed mind" irredeemable by society?

Because, you know, people never get help for alcoholism. I mean, my god... :doh:

Fire Haley
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM

whatever you say, vicar

pac 12 whack....Don't hate de island boyz... Polynesian tats mean something, culturally I mean

http://media-cache-ec5.pinterest.com/upload/257197828689698078_qWElyhlU_c.jpg

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Didnt Donte Stallworth run over a guy?
Didnt Leonard Little kill a guy in a car crash and blow 0.18?
Didnt Nebraska D lineman Christian Peter have a 6 year NFL career after being convicted as a rapist?? http://playerperspective.com/nfc-east/new-york-giants/remember-patriots-owner-robert/

If you can play in the NFL you will stay in the NFL. Get used to it. Many NFL players have.

Well, now that I know where you stand on this-- you should never brag about how classy the Steelers are.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-15-2012, 10:34 PM
How arrogant. Who are you to say that a man has a "fatally flawed mind" irredeemable by society?

Productive members of society don't go on drunken rampages through downtown like they are in the latest Bond movie, nearly running people over and resisting arrest. Thugs and lowlifes do.

That is not arrogance-- that is reality.

Because, you know, people never get help for alcoholism. I mean, my god... :doh:

You don't seem to understand. He didn't just make some forgiveable, youthful mistake. What he did puts a LOT more on the table than just garden variety alcoholism. Multiple felonies and evading arrrest?

You have no problem cheering for THAT, as long as he makes a few sacks for us?

Fire Arians
11-15-2012, 10:35 PM

whatever you say, vicar

pac 12 whack....Don't hate de island boyz... Polynesian tats mean something, culturally I mean

damn

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-15-2012, 10:36 PM

whatever you say, vicar

Nice curvature, but.....off topic.

Steelersfan87
11-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Productive members of society don't go on drunken rampages through downtown like they are in the latest Bond movie, nearly running people over and resisting arrest. Thugs and lowlifes do.

You don't seem to understand. He didn't just make some forgiveable, youthful mistake. What he did puts a LOT more on the table than just garden variety alcoholism. Multiple felonies and evading arrrest?

No offense, but it'd be nice if you could step off of your pedestal during this conversation. Do you judge bands based on the morality of the band members? Do you even know what a "thug" is? You can't isolate one, or even two instances and define a person by them. By all other reports, Ta'amu is a laid-back, soft spoken, friendly, family oriented person, and that is why the team and the organization has effectively stood by him.

Besides, athletes are not paid to be role models.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Well, now that I know where you stand on this-- you should never brag about how classy the Steelers are.

I rarely brag about anything. I am a realist who can differentiate between sports and life, where many here seemingly cannot.

I am not a hypocrit that chastizes unproven rookies for their indiscretions and in the next breath defends $100million franchise players for theirs.

I advocated drafting Ben Roethlisberger when many here wanted Philip Rivers. I purchased my son a #7 jersey before Ben ever took a snap as a Steeler and think he is a great QB. I can separate that he is not somebody that I would put up as a role model and I think he has made some bad moral decisions in life.

I think if the vast majority of Steeler fans can still hold Ben up as saintly, then they can and should tolerate giving Ta'amu another shot. If not, then they are as hypocritical as the NFL establishment that extended the careers of players like Stallworth, Peter, Little, Philips, etc.

Bayz101
11-15-2012, 11:09 PM

If you're drunk enough, it's hard telling exactly what you'll do. Labeling him, or drunken drivers in general, a lowlife. It doesn't make any sense. Stupid? Sure! Thug? Hell no! He just needs to get back on the right track and away from alcohol. His punishment is soon to come, but I believe the Rooney's did the right thing in allowing him to prove himself worthy of a roster spot (or a Practice Squad spot, in this case. He made a mistake. It IS forgivable if he gets back on track. Don't you dare label me as the guy that ignores player character and pays attention to the play-making either. That's bullshit.

Fire Arians
11-15-2012, 11:24 PM

I'll let it go this time cuz it gave me a WoodenDong™

tony hipchest
11-15-2012, 11:41 PM
it seems like some peoples self identity as a fan and wholesomeness as a person is too wrapped up in the steelers employing choirboys. its as if they brag every day to their brown, bungle and revenfans for rooting for a team w/o thugs, therefore that makes them better.

anyways the patriots had their annual player (rb) suspended for performance enhancing drugs again just last week.

can anyone tell me the last time a steeler was suspended for using 'roids?

sure wes saunders got busted recreationally using some amphetemines (adderol) while partying it up in las vegas, which wasnt exactly cheating, but has been kicked to the curb. he was more productive, and getting more snaps than alameda.

point being, the steelers reserve the right to employ anyone they wish regardless of the moral highground their fans preach from.

feels like people are trying to give the sermon on the mount up in here.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-15-2012, 11:58 PM
feels like people are trying to give the sermon on the mount up in here.

Take a step back, and think about this for a minute. What if Ta'amu was a Raider, or Bengals player, or, heaven forbid, a Ravens player?

You know damn well you guys would label him as a PoS and move on without thinking the Ravens are classy for trying to give him another chance. There was not too much of this sympathy back when Chris Henry offed himself in similarly stupid fashion.

Look, I don't post here much-- but I am not afraid to put all my cards on the table. I had my own issues with alcohol, and they were pretty bad. But I just don't see how you guys can write off what he did. That is no minor mistake-- he SHOULD do time for that crap.

I do not throw the word "stupid" easily. I don't judge these NFL players by my own standards as an intellectual or whatever. "Stupid" is when you have all the capabilities to know better, but choose not to.

I am not religious, but I do believe in redemption. I hated what Vick did, but after he served his time, he seems to have grown up and I salute him for it. Ta'amu has an unpaid debt to society now, and he should not be afforded the privilege of playing for an NFL team right now.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-16-2012, 12:00 AM
point being, the steelers reserve the right to employ anyone they wish regardless of the moral highground their fans preach from.

But they do like to toot their own horn about being a "classy, family organization".

You cannot carry that mantle and have multiple felons that have not yet served time in your employ.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-16-2012, 12:02 AM
I'll let it go this time cuz it gave me a WoodenDong™

I don't think too many will raise an objection to the visuals...

Hawaii 5-0
11-16-2012, 12:02 AM

yes, I could definitely get off on that topic. :love:

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-16-2012, 12:09 AM
If you're drunk enough, it's hard telling exactly what you'll do.

True, within reasonable limits. This incident stretches those very badly.

If this were a Bengals player, you would not be so generous.

Labeling him, or drunken drivers in general, a lowlife. It doesn't make any sense. Stupid? Sure! Thug? Hell no! He just needs to get back on the right track and away from alcohol.

Be honest-- he isn't just a drunk driver. He tried to run a bunch of cops over, and would have been shot dead if not in the crowded downtown area.

Again, picture him as playing for another team and gauge your reaction.

His punishment is soon to come, but I believe the Rooney's did the right thing in allowing him to prove himself worthy of a roster spot (or a Practice Squad spot, in this case. He made a mistake. It IS forgivable if he gets back on track.

The only thing he has going for him in this, is that nobody actually did get seriously hurt.

Don't you dare label me as the guy that ignores player character and pays attention to the play-making either. That's bullshit.

Nice, so you make a contentious claim, and then follow it up by saying I cannot retort.

You just got done telling me you have no problem with the Rooneys giving a multiple felon a chance at a roster spot (and presumably, best case scenario, a starting position), then you say it is BS to point out that you are willing to sacrifice moral fabric for playmaking?

Convenient.

tony hipchest
11-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Take a step back, and think about this for a minute. What if Ta'amu was a Raider, or Bengals player, or, heaven forbid, a Ravens player?

You know damn well you guys would label him as a PoS and move on without thinking the Ravens are classy for trying to give him another chance. There was not too much of this sympathy back when Chris Henry offed himself in similarly stupid fashion.

Look, I don't post here much-- but I am not afraid to put all my cards on the table. I had my own issues with alcohol, and they were pretty bad. But I just don't see how you guys can write off what he did. That is no minor mistake-- he SHOULD do time for that crap.

I do not throw the word "stupid" easily. I don't judge these NFL players by my own standards as an intellectual or whatever. "Stupid" is when you have all the capabilities to know better, but choose not to.

I am not religious, but I do believe in redemption. I hated what Vick did, but after he served his time, he seems to have grown up and I salute him for it. Ta'amu has an unpaid debt to society now, and he should not be afforded the privilege of playing for an NFL team right now.i appreciate your candid response. people here were quite sympathetic when chris henry died. alameda should be afforded the same due process mike vick was and take the same trip down the criminal justice system that anyone would take.

your real issue here seems to be more with the rooneys and coach tomlin, than with the fans.

i choose to support the rooneys and coach tomlins judgement, and let the court system do the rest of the judging.

in the meantime, i will choose to pass my judgement on the officiating, and play i see on the field.

it is real life for alameda, and stuff he hass to deal with, but ultimately he is just a pawn in the game to me.

if he were on the raiders, ravens, bungles, i would clown his ass and talk shit.

naturally i talk more shit about ray lewis and tom brady than i do henry, vick, little, or stallworth. that has much more than the team they play for than the heinousness of their crimes (dont forget, tom has been convicted of wearing furry pink UGGZ boots) :doh:

Riddle_Of_Steel
Keep in mind, we released a team captain for kicking a towel dispenser off the wall.

But we kept a guy who went on a drunken rampage and tried to run a bunch of cops over.

El-Gonzo Jackson
But they do like to toot their own horn about being a "classy, family organization".

You cannot carry that mantle and have multiple felons that have not yet served time in your employ.

Can you show me a link to where they "toot their own horn" about being a "classy family organization"?

Steelers try to employ motivated players that fit their system. They dont try and employ players who will be distractions to the locker room.....thats about it.

Didnt James Harrison break a cell phone on his girlfriends face? didnt they sign Najeh Davenport?? Just no Terrel Owens, Chad Johnsons and they jettisoned Holmes and let him divide the Jets locker room instead.

I think Dodens had it right that none of us can judge Ta'amu as a person as we dont know him. By all accounts he is a good member of the locker room. I for one am happy he is still with the team and if he is going to be trouble, he will be let go.

fansince'76
11-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Keep in mind, we released a team captain for kicking a towel dispenser off the wall.

Not until he started shanking point blank FG attempts...

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-16-2012, 12:16 AM
i appreciate your candid response. people here were quite sympathetic when chris henry died. alameda should be afforded the same due process mike vick was and take the same trip down the criminal justice system that anyone would take.

your real issue here seems to be more with the rooneys and coach tomlin, than with the fans.

i choose to support the rooneys and coach tomlins judgement, and let the court system do the rest of the judging.

in the meantime, i will choose to pass my judgement on the officiating, and play i see on the field.

it is real life for alameda, and stuff he hass to deal with, but ultimately he is just a pawn in the game to me.

if he were on the raiders, ravens, bungles, i would clown his ass and talk shit.

naturally i talk more shit about ray lewis and tom brady than i do henry, vick, little, or stallworth. that has much more than the team they play for than the heinousness of their crimes (dont forget, tom has been convicted of wearing furry pink UGGZ boots) :doh:

Fair enough, dude. I don't like this discussion at all-- I feel like I am being backed into a corner. Unfortunately, I have a take-no-prisoners mentality on most things and have trouble backing down, and this is what happens.

I try to take each case on an individual basis. After reading through all the discovery papers and documents, I honestly don't think Ben committed any crime. He excercised poor judgement in messing around with ****ty girls in clubs instead of going to Beverly Hills or something. But even still -- the team had to take a sour bite out of its reputation because of him.

I don't harass Ravens fans about Ray Lewis because I don't think he did anything.

Ta'amu effed up. BIG. I am all for him getting another chance, but he has a debt to society that needs paying first.

You are right, my problem is mostly with the Rooneys on this one. I guess I am a little bit disappointed.

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Not until he started shanking point blank FG attempts...

Good point...

tony hipchest
11-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Can you show me a link to where they "toot their own horn" about being a "classy family organization"?

yeah, its basically the media, and any national sports media analist alive that toots the rooneys for being a classy family organization, and that is pretty much because it is true.

the fans gulp it up by the gallon- hook, line, and sinker.

that is not to say they are qb'ed by Jesus Christ with the 12 apostles on defense.

just like any other walk of life, they arent impervious to typical pitfalls, just because they are the greatest, most winningest franchise in the past 40 years.

they are just ALOT less screwed up than other franchises.:tt03:

tony hipchest
11-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Not until he started shanking point blank FG attempts...... and pissing down cop's legs in bar parking lots while matt speath uploaded live vids to instagram. :chuckle:

yeah, but cinncinatti and chicago :doh::doh::doh:

tony hipchest
11-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Fair enough, dude. I don't like this discussion at all-- I feel like I am being backed into a corner. Unfortunately, I have a take-no-prisoners mentality on most things and have trouble backing down, and this is what happens.

I try to take each case on an individual basis. After reading through all the discovery papers and documents, I honestly don't think Ben committed any crime. He excercised poor judgement in messing around with ****ty girls in clubs instead of going to Beverly Hills or something. But even still -- the team had to take a sour bite out of its reputation because of him.

I don't harass Ravens fans about Ray Lewis because I don't think he did anything.

Ta'amu effed up. BIG. I am all for him getting another chance, but he has a debt to society that needs paying first.

You are right, my problem is mostly with the Rooneys on this one. I guess I am a little bit disappointed.and thats your right and understandable. i share the same viewpoints on ben. his worst crime was useing careless judgement, and trying to hound dawg it and score some tail.

i will wait for the justice hammer to fall on ta'amu, and while i may not agree, i think he will bee seen as a low risk as a repeat offender and not see much jail time (if any at all).

if he does, it will probably be in the offseason as to give him a chance to save what can be seen as a potentially promising career.

people tont get better or rehabilitated in jails. they learn how to become better and more successful criminals.

you should try living in new mexico (pretty much consistantly the highest DWI per capita rate in the nation) where we routinely see multiple dwi offenders (im talking 5-20 DWI's) kill people (many times entire families) driving on the wrong side of the road, only to be the sole survivors of the "accidents".

im not exaggerating. that shit is real.

Steelersfan87
11-16-2012, 01:57 AM
Somewhat tangential to the actual heart of the matter, Riddle mentioned that there is some kind of video of this Ta'amu incident? Has this been made public in any way? I haven't read any actual court documents, just the original news stories reporting the incident, but I'd like to know what they consider assaulting a police officer with a vehicle. Did he actually drive onto sidewalks where he would have run over an officer if he didn't dive out of the way, or did he just slightly swerve the wheel to the side and back quickly?

Hawaii 5-0
11-16-2012, 02:14 AM
Alameda Ta’amu Faces Litany Of Charges, Was Almost Shot By Cops During Drunkest Night Ever

by Dan Fogarty

http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2012/10/Alameda-Ta-amu.jpg

Steelers rookie Alameda Ta’amu (#95 in the photo above) had quite the weekend. The 6-3, 348 4th-round pick out of Washington has been inactive for the Steelers’ first five regular season games, but that hasn’t stopped him from going out there and just really enjoying life.

Here’s a quick summary of Ta’amu’s Saturday night, based on court documents and a local news report.

1. He got very, very drunk.

Arresting officers say Ta’amu’s breath smelled like alcohol, his speech was slurred and his eyes were bloodshot. Police say Ta’amu agreed to take a blood alcohol test, and he registered a blood alcohol content of .196 percent, more than twice the legal limit.

2. He hopped in his car.

The criminal complaint says police spotted a 2006 Lincoln Navigator going the wrong way on Fort Pitt Boulevard early Sunday morning, when the driver then crossed the Smithfield Street bridge and ran a red light as he turned onto East Carson Street.

3. He took a shortcut.

Police say the driver then crossed into opposing traffic, driving on the wrong side of the street for seven blocks, to pass several cars at a time on East Carson Street.

4. He almost ran over a cop.

The criminal complaint said one officer dressed in full uniform yelled, “Police! Stop the vehicle.” That officer then said the driver, later identified as Ta’amu, swerved toward him and nearly ran him over.

5. He was almost shot.

Two other officers said they also spotted the car and drewtheir guns as the Navigator came at them, but neither of them fired “due to the large number of pedestrians and motorists on the sidewalks and roadway.”

6. He hit a bunch of parked cars.

Police say Ta’amu took a sharp turn off of East Carson Street and onto South 14th Street. There, he allegedly hit four cars as police chased him.

7. He wrecked his own car.

The chase took another turn when police say Ta’amu hit a fifth car, totaling both vehicles.

8. He took off his shirt (?) and ran for it.

Police said they ran toward him, and officers say Ta’amu than sprinted away from the car. Investigators said he took off his blue shirt to avoid being recognized.

9. Finally, he got punched in the face.

When police caught up to him, they told him to get on the ground and put his hands behind his back.

According to the criminal complaint, one officer was concerned that Ta’amu was reaching for his waistband, so he punched him in the face. Police said they eventually got Ta’amu, who refused medical treatment, into handcuffs and took him to jail.

An impressive night all around.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/alameda-taamu-arrest-details/

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-16-2012, 10:58 AM

Ray Lewis told his entourage not to say anything to the cops. He himself knows what went down and who killed the barber and wannabe rapper that night. Did he kill anybody himself?? No, he obstructed a murder investigation and has hid his friends that are the killers.

I but Ravens fans about Ray , Jamaal Lewis, etc. I bug Favre fans about retiring and unretiring, Patriots fans about videotape, Jet fans about foot fetish, Browns fans about .....being Browns fans.............................and I expect a Rapelisberger comeback from them all!!!

TheVet
11-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Alameda Ta’amu Faces Litany Of Charges, Was Almost Shot By Cops During Drunkest Night Ever

by Dan Fogarty

Here’s a quick summary of Ta’amu’s Saturday night, based on court documents and a local news report.

1. He got very, very drunk.
2. He hopped in his car.
3. He took a shortcut.
4. He almost ran over a cop.
5. He was almost shot.
6. He hit a bunch of parked cars.
7. He wrecked his own car.

LOL, very impressive night. If it's not an inside job, that is. I heard Mendenhall is now following Ta'amu on Twitter to get the other side of the story. Could have been George Bush, the one world government and the international Zionists that set the whole thing up. And the Build-A-Burgers, hahahha.

:rofl::rofl:

ricardisimo
11-17-2012, 06:28 AM
LOL, very impressive night. If it's not an inside job, that is. I heard Mendenhall is now following Ta'amu on Twitter to get the other side of the story. Could have been George Bush, the one world government and the international Zionists that set the whole thing up. And the Build-A-Burgers, hahahha.

:rofl::rofl:
:huh:

Terminator
11-17-2012, 11:07 AM
No Steeler should be wearing # 95 again

SteelersCanada
11-17-2012, 11:42 AM
So, we let our Super Bowl MVP go for getting high, but keep this kid after he drove absolutely shit faced and almost hit a cop?

I don't understand.

Fire Arians
11-17-2012, 12:39 PM
So, we let our Super Bowl MVP go for getting high, but keep this kid after he drove absolutely shit faced and almost hit a cop?

I don't understand.

I think it's how they handled the situation after the fact. taamu apologized to the team the day after, whereas santonio was like eh whatever

not saying what he did was ok in any way, but i think attitude had everything to do with the decisions

bornaSteelersfan
11-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Don't forget Santonio's nightclub incident as well. It was an attitude thing.

Hawaii 5-0
11-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Don't forget Santonio's nightclub incident as well. It was an attitude thing.

yup, along with the waking and baking and the twitter remark where he told a Steelers fan to go kill himself. I remember being absolutely shocked and angry when we traded Sanstonio for only a 5th round draft choice but in hindsight the Steelers definitely made the right move by getting rid of his shitty attitude.

http://www.clubhousecancer.com/WindowsLiveWriter/SantonioWeedMonster.jpg

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-18-2012, 02:24 PM

I don't understand.

Holmes was coming off a suspension and would only be playing something like 12 games that year and his contract was up.

Steelers dealt a guy with multiple substance abuse violations and some domestic violence issues that was going to be a free agent anyways with Holmes. It was a smart business decision and so is keeping a potential starting NT on the practice squad.

Does that help the understanding?

Hawaii 5-0
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Friday, Feb. 1, 2013

Lawyer working on plea deal for Steelers’ Ta’amu

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/400/img/photos/2012/10/15/92/ae/RookieArrested.jpg

PITTSBURGH — The attorney for Pittsburgh Steelers lineman Alameda Ta’amu told Channel 11’s Alan Jennings Friday that they are working on a plea deal to resolve charges stemming from a police chase and crash on the city’s South Side last year.

Ta’amu was in court Friday for a pre-trial hearing when his lawyer told Jennings that he will be negotiating with the district attorney’s office on a deal.

Ta'amu, who was arrested in October on charges of leading police on a chase while driving drunk on East Carson Street and crashing into parked cars, injuring at least two people, was the team's fourth-round pick in this past year's NFL Draft.

The criminal complaint said police spotted a 2006 Lincoln Navigator going the wrong way on Fort Pitt Boulevard when the driver then crossed the Smithfield Street Bridge and ran a red light as he turned onto East Carson Street.

Police said the driver then crossed into opposing traffic, driving on the wrong side of the street for seven blocks, to pass several cars at a time on East Carson Street.

The criminal complaint said one officer dressed in full uniform yelled, "Police! Stop the vehicle." That officer then said the driver, later identified as Ta'amu, swerved toward him and nearly ran him over.

Two other officers said they also spotted the car and drew their guns as the Navigator came at them, but neither of them fired "due to the large number of pedestrians and motorists on the sidewalks and roadway."

Police say Ta'amu took a sharp turn off of East Carson Street and onto South 14th Street. There, he allegedly hit four cars as police chased him.

Police said the chase took another turn when Ta'amu hit a fifth car, totaling both vehicles.

Police said they ran toward him, and officers said Ta'amu then sprinted away from the car. Investigators said he took off his blue shirt to avoid being recognized.

When police caught up to him, they told him to get on the ground and put his hands behind his back.

According to the criminal complaint, one officer was concerned that Ta'amu was reaching for his waistband, so he punched him in the face. Police said they eventually got Ta'amu, who refused medical treatment, into handcuffs and took him to jail.

Arresting officers said Ta'amu's breath smelled like alcohol, his speech was slurred and his eyes were bloodshot. Police said Ta'amu agreed to take a blood alcohol test, and he registered a blood alcohol content of .196 percent, more than twice the legal limit to drive.

Ta’amu’s non-jury trial is scheduled for April 4.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/lawyer-working-plea-deal-steelers-taamu/nWCts/

Steelers>NFL
02-01-2013, 04:15 PM
yup, along with the waking and baking and the twitter remark where he told a Steelers fan to go kill himself. I remember being absolutely shocked and angry when we traded Sanstonio for only a 5th round draft choice but in hindsight the Steelers definitely made the right move by getting rid of his shitty attitude.

http://www.clubhousecancer.com/WindowsLiveWriter/SantonioWeedMonster.jpg

Holmes lives for 4:20

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2013, 04:32 PM
The guy tried to run over a policeman - good luck getting the DA to try to sell to the police a plea deal that does not involve a felony conviction and several months of jail time

VaDave
02-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Ray Lewis told his entourage not to say anything to the cops. He himself knows what went down and who killed the barber and wannabe rapper that night. Did he kill anybody himself?? No, he obstructed a murder investigation and has hid his friends that are the killers.

I but Ravens fans about Ray , Jamaal Lewis, etc. I bug Favre fans about retiring and unretiring, Patriots fans about videotape, Jet fans about foot fetish, Browns fans about .....being Browns fans.............................and I expect a Rapelisberger comeback from them all!!!

Just goes to show how ignorent they are if that is their comeback. There was no rape. PERIOD!

Per this "Angel's" testomony, they had vaginal intercourse while she was sitting on the toilet. Either sombody is a contorsionist, or they call Ben Big for a reason other than football......

Besides that, there was ZERO evidence that such incident occured, and the rape kit was negative. So what you are telling me, you are takling her account as gospel. I ask you, on what basis are you making your claim?

Add to that, a father that refused to defend his daughter's honor by either filing criminal charges for assualt at a minimum, or more profitably, file a civil suit which undoubtedly been worth 10 of MILLIONS of dollars.

Let that sink in a minute....... I would doubt anyone of you, if that were your daughter or grandaughter, if there was one infitesimal inkling shread of truth in what she accused Ben of doing, that you would just walk away telling her, sorry honey, deal with it. Would you?

VaDave
02-01-2013, 05:29 PM
As for the subject at hand, our wayward T'amau, it is true he has a debt to pay socieity. He also had a substance abuse problem that IMO is more problematic, as you are never really cured from it. It can be managed, but there is no cure.

One thing that had not been mentioned on these 8 pages is the Steelers have a financial investment in this kid and I'm sure they would like to get a return on it if possible.

desertsteel
02-01-2013, 07:38 PM
As for the subject at hand, our wayward T'amau, it is true he has a debt to pay socieity. He also had a substance abuse problem that IMO is more problematic, as you are never really cured from it. It can be managed, but there is no cure.
I can't agree with that.

VaDave
02-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Ever been to an AA meeting Desert Steel?

There is no cure, other than divine intervention. All else is only management of a condition,

fer522
02-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Why am I reading this thread :doh: :banging: