PDA

View Full Version : Lets look at the schedule...national tv..

BigBen2WardPITT
08-09-2006, 11:13 AM
I live in the washington DC area, so i dont get to see all the games. Luckily a lot of games are on National Tv this year, however, other then the rip off that is directv sunday ticket, what else is there? Is there anything else? I know field pass which is radio, but thats just a desperate move for me. I could go to the local steelers bar, yes, but other then that, what options do i have?

the nfl needs to make NFLTV like MLBTV on the internet...

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Personally, if I lived outside the Pittsburgh viewing area I would be hitting up the closest Steeler bar and watching the games with fellow Steeler fans.

19ward86
08-09-2006, 12:13 PM
i go up to frickers or bw3s

SteelCityMan786
08-09-2006, 12:15 PM
I hit the ESPN Zone is Washington last year before the Steelers beat the Bengals in the regular season.

Dook
08-09-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't know if you have a Fox and Hound anywhere near but they are absolutely the best damn sports bar there is.

BigBen2WardPITT
08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
yea theres a steelers bar actually really close to here, i just never get myself to go that much, im sure i will this year. Another reason i dont go is they usually fill twice their capacity on that place on any given sunday, so its hard to get seats unless u get a reservation.

dhosmer
08-09-2006, 01:34 PM
You gotta check out Pour House in Capitol Hill. That place is an amazing Steelers bar. I lived in DC for two weeks (long story) but the two games that I went to at Pour House while I lived there were playoffs vs Cincinnati and vs Indy. Amazing place.

rowedf
08-09-2006, 01:56 PM
I live in the washington DC area, so i dont get to see all the games. Luckily a lot of games are on National Tv this year, however, other then the rip off that is directv sunday ticket, what else is there? Is there anything else? I know field pass which is radio, but thats just a desperate move for me. I could go to the local steelers bar, yes, but other then that, what options do i have?

How can you call the Sunday Ticket from Direct TV a rip off ?? I live in Pittsburgh so watching games is not a problem, but I still get the ticket, its awesome!!!

4n2t0
08-09-2006, 02:02 PM
How can you call the Sunday Ticket from Direct TV a rip off ?? I live in Pittsburgh so watching games is not a problem, but I still get the ticket, its awesome!!!

Agreed, I'm up in Canada and the "Sunday Ticket" package is a must. Not only to follow my favourite team but to also catch league wide coverage. I pay $27 CAN per month for 4 months, thankfully I work that into my yearly budget!

LetsRock
08-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Ya gotta get the ticket in HD. There is nothing like watching the Steelers/Chicago game on a 50" HD Plasma. You could see the snow flakes sticking to the ball. This year I'm upgrading to a 110" HD projector in my new theater room. I hoste my own parties. No need to go to a bar and get in a fight with a disgruntled Eagle thug.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-09-2006, 02:58 PM

Well...I wouldn't call it a rip off. Depends on where you live. I drive 45 minutes at 5:45 AM (still dark out) to go watch live games with Steeler Faithful.

I'm force fed Raider and 49er games on the networks. Not anymore. If I calculate the number of hours of entertainment I'll be getting this season including the chance to record Steeler games then for me it's worth it. Plus I split it.

I still be making the 1 1/2 hour trek to watch the Steeler games with the Faithful (highest gas prices in the US too). Thankfully fewer games will require me to get up before the birds this season. :cool:

Statik
08-09-2006, 03:23 PM
If you live near Fairfax, the Fast Eddie's on Rte 50 is where my family goes to watch the games. It usually gets a little crowded, but if you get there about 1/2 hour, 45 min before game time, guaranteed a seat, its never "standing room only". We are crazy there tho!!!

tony hipchest
08-09-2006, 03:49 PM
get sirius radio. you can hear all games with either the home or aways teams radio broadcasters calling the game.

HometownGal
08-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Personally, if I lived outside the Pittsburgh viewing area I would be hitting up the closest Steeler bar and watching the games with fellow Steeler fans.

Yep. Other than being at Heinz Field and watching the game live, there is no better way to cheer on the black and gold than watching the games with your Steelers brothers and sisters at a Steelers bar! I live in the Burgh and a lot of the time if I don't have tickets to the games, I go to a local Steelers bar with a couple of friends not too far from my house to share in the excitement with local Steelers fans - there is nothing like it! :bouncy:

Lefturn
08-09-2006, 06:19 PM
I love the ticket. I live in Indy so my choices would be the colts on cbs or the bears on fox, so you can see I need the package. I would like them to change the package, I would just like to buy a Steeler package.

BigBen2WardPITT
08-11-2006, 03:55 PM
its a rip off for me, im 17, my parents arent willing to spend 69 a month for 4 months which is $280. Also, because im 17, the local bar, Ziggs, is hesitent to let me go there with out my dad, who never wants to watch the game, he could care less if he misses it most of the time. We have plenty of bars to watch the game though so if they dont le me in ziggs, i know another bar with nice plasma TVs, actually two two or three bars, so this year i'll be smarter about it, PLUS this season i have my own car and my license so things will defiantly be different this season.