PDA

View Full Version : We will beat the Ravens onSNF

jtbsteeler
11-13-2012, 12:11 AM
No doubt in my mind. Ravens fans are back to their stupidity of questioning calls and hoping for injuries.

The defense is what won this game and that's what will happen Sunday.

I pray they put us a home dog. That would be my dream. If you're scared of the Ravens GTFOH. They struggled against this team as well.

:tt03::tt03:

teegre
11-13-2012, 12:12 AM
No doubt in my mind. Ravens fans are back to their stupidity of questioning calls and hoping for injuries.

I pray they put us a home dog. That would be my dream. If you're scared of the Ravens GTFOH. They struggled against this team as well.

9-6, I believe.

That said, no BB makes this a whole lot more difficult of a win.

ChristianKustomz
11-13-2012, 12:30 AM
What in the world are you smokin? Your dreaming if you think we can win with Sandwich.

My best idea is to sit Sandwich back on the bench and bring in the water boy.

Hawaii 5-0
11-13-2012, 12:34 AM
What in the world are you smokin? Your dreaming if you think we can win with Sandwich.

My best idea is to sit Sandwich back on the bench and bring in the water boy.

yeah, but Bobby Boucher is REALLY good!

http://thenosebleeds.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/BobbyBoucher.jpg

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
11-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Gotta get healthy or it'll be an uphill battle

Fire Arians
11-13-2012, 12:48 AM
cool story bro. no ben no win, harbaugh will get another gatorade bath

Terminator
11-13-2012, 06:14 AM
I have a hard time seeing the Steelers taking the W without Ben playing. The Ravens aren't nearly as good as they were last year on defense, but their offense has been putting up the numbers almost every game.

lardlad
11-13-2012, 06:30 AM
Yeah, I am worried about Clark being out. You never know what you are going to get from Flacco. Having Clark back there makes me feel a lot better. If we could recapture our run, we can win without Ben.

steelfury02
11-13-2012, 06:33 AM
to win, we need:

A. The defense to create pressure
B. 0 Turnovers on offense and special teams
C. The o-line and running game to come back, as the Ravens are pretty soft on D-line right now

I agree with some of you - Batch seems like he might be a better fit for the Haley system.

I was more pissed at not getting to Cassel more often - and the 4th and 15 conversion to set up field goal reaaaaalllly had me fuming. Also, super pissed that, after riding a tidal wave of momentum heading into this coming week's showdown, it has been stalled and questions abound instead of "We're coming for you."

It def isn't the same feeling as it would have been with Ben healthy heading into this thing

I'll be here, bitching, and praying - thanks:noidea:

Terminator
11-13-2012, 06:44 AM
to win, we need:

A. The defense to create pressure
B. 0 Turnovers on offense and special teams
C. The o-line and running game to come back, as the Ravens are pretty soft on D-line right now

I agree with some of you - Batch seems like he might be a better fit for the Haley system.

I was more pissed at not getting to Cassel more often - and the 4th and 15 conversion to set up field goal reaaaaalllly had me fuming. Also, super pissed that, after riding a tidal wave of momentum heading into this coming week's showdown, it has been stalled and questions abound instead of "We're coming for you."

It def isn't the same feeling as it would have been with Ben healthy heading into this thing

I'll be here, bitching, and praying - thanks:noidea:

You can thank Lebeau for giving up that 4th and 15.

Prevent defense is only good for one thing: preventing you from winning.

Bowe, the Chiefs best receiver, was WIDE OPEN for yards. Not to mention Cassell had way too much time in the pocket.

We still got the W, but that play in particular was pathetic.

DoctorCAD
11-13-2012, 06:49 AM

Bowe, the Chiefs best receiver, was WIDE OPEN for yards. Not to mention Cassell had way too much time in the pocket.

Agree, that was the season in one play. Can't execute when desperately needed.
Rats put up 55 last week, probably do the same or more this week.

steelfury02
11-13-2012, 06:57 AM
the defense has to summon something special from within - if we want our team to go where we want them to go - this is it.

Without Ben IN M&T? Nope. Not happening IMO. That is why this week is T2 Judgement Day. Gotta play like they're is a T-1000 coming after you in L.A. 2029.

jtbsteeler
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
We will win. Book it and stamp my name on it. With or without Ben. The rest of the team will step up... With the remaining schedule, the #2 seed is there for the taking.

Get that negative BS out of here. I'm never frightened of the Ratbirds. Their fanbase is the one with the fear and inferiority complex. They pray for injuries and the easiest road to a division title. Regardless. We have them so brain F#$ked and beat down that its all about "shutting up the Steelers fans".

maddog78
11-13-2012, 07:51 AM
The defense got shredded last night on the ground. The defensive line is weak up front and there is no pass rush. That's a bad combo against Baltimore.

And we're likely going to be without Ben, Troy, Clark, and Brown.

This has all the looks of a blowout.

maddog78
11-13-2012, 07:53 AM
We will win. Book it and stamp my name on it. With or without Ben. The rest of the team will step up... With the remaining schedule, the #2 seed is there for the taking.

Get that negative BS out of here. I'm never frightened of the Ratbirds. Their fanbase is the one with the fear and inferiority complex. They pray for injuries and the easiest road to a division title. Regardless. We have them so brain F#$ked and beat down that its all about "shutting up the Steelers fans".

That's really scary and tough sounding, but what wins are you penciling in when we're lucky to be 1-2 against Oak, Tenn, and KC?

Sorry, hope we scratch our way to 9-7 and get a 6th seed. That's the ceiling now. Better than it looked when we were 2-3, but Ben is hurt now and we got the Ravens twice in three weeks.

Don't forget that Cleveland was in both games with us last year, too.

jtbsteeler
11-13-2012, 08:28 AM
]The defense got shredded last night on the ground[/B]. The defensive line is weak up front and there is no pass rush. That's a bad combo against Baltimore.

And we're likely going to be without Ben, Troy, Clark, and Brown.

This has all the looks of a blowout.

Actually the Ravens defense is the one that got shredded on the ground, to the tune of 214yds against the Chiefs.

I'm saying we win with or without Ben this week. Keep calling me crazy, but show up in here after the game Sunday night so we can discuss what happened.

FanSince72
11-13-2012, 09:01 AM
I think that without Ben we actually balance out pretty well with Baltimore.

Flacco is all about being ignored and how nobody thinks he's elite and with Ray Ray out along with some other key players, the Ratbirds have been all about passing.

It just so happens though that we have a pretty good passing defense and we're always good against the run. The Ravens, on the other hand, have been losing a step against the run and we have begun to develop a nifty running game. All in all, I'd say we almost cancel each other out and if Ben plays, we would likely win by a touch or slightly more. If Ben's out, then I think it would come down to a FG.

Leftwich looked shaky last night and even he admitted that he was rusty (and probably more than a bit nervous too), but he's a solid QB and still has a gun for an arm. I mean, how many people can actually overthrow Wallace at full speed?

Oddly enough though, I still think Charlie Batch would be the better QB against the Ravens. I think he's a lot more mobile than Leftwich but more importantly, he has a score to settle by losing to Baltimore by a crummy FG that broke what would have been a 4 game win streak, so maybe CB has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and that could be an advantage.

But no matter who starts at QB, I think we have an excellent chance of beating the Ratbirds next week.

maddog78
11-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Actually the Ravens defense is the one that got shredded on the ground, to the tune of 214yds against the Chiefs.

I'm saying we win with or without Ben this week. Keep calling me crazy, but show up in here after the game Sunday night so we can discuss what happened.

I don't believe I called you crazy, but I'll be here next Sunday night, win or lose.

steelfury02
11-13-2012, 09:54 AM
as I said leading up to last night's game - I just want to come away healthy - and the football Gods are apparently pissed with Steeler Nation right now

Six words for the Steelers this week: Focus, intensity, desire, AS A TEAM.

For what is worth - maybe we are due to win one against Rats without Ben. Came close with Dixon and with Charlie. This team needs to hear what is going on right now - let the talk sink in.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-13-2012, 09:59 AM
My guess is that with Leftwich, the Steelers will be 7 point underdogs at least. Going to have to get more from the front 7 defensively in pass rush and clogging rushing lanes.

MACH1
11-13-2012, 10:43 AM
My guess is that with Leftwich, the Steelers will be 7 point underdogs at least. Going to have to get more from the front 7 defensively in pass rush and clogging rushing lanes.

Yep, if not Rice will eat them for breakfast.

tony hipchest
11-13-2012, 11:05 AM
we should eat Rice for breakfast.

rice puffs, rice chex, white rice with milk and cinnimon = all good. :yummy:

BleedPurple
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM

You are living in a world that is almost 2 years old. I can't speak for every Ravens fan, and we definitely appreciate the rivalry with your boys in pittsburgh, but we don't have any fear, and we definitely do not pray for injuries.

I was extremely disappointed but not really surprised when I saw Ben go out with an injury, and I won't be surprised if he ends up playing. He always seems to go down the week before the Ravens and 'miraculously' ends up playing anyway. He reminds me of a WWF wrestler on the ropes who powers through injury and adversity to best his rival--very dramatic, but ultimately an act.

I want the Ravens to beat your Steelers at their best, and the game is going to be a lot less exciting now, I hope. Now if it is even close I will take the 'W' but without any satisfaction.

Good luck.

LayingTheWoodley56
11-13-2012, 11:49 AM
I appreciate the bravado, but without Ben our chances of winning this game drop to somewhere between 20-40%, tops. It's not just the Steelers - it's a fact of life in the NFL that if you lose your QB you are in deep trouble. Look at the Bears last year when Cutler went down. The injury news on Ben seems to be okay, but right now the only focus is this week's game, for which he is defintely in doubt. We could squeak one out without him, MAYBE, but the problem is this: if we're down 6 points and starting a drive to try to win the game from our own 20, it will be very difficult for either Batch or Lefty to make the necessary throws to cover 80 yards in a short amount of time.

One word, Steeler Nation: PRAY.

jasonpirkle
11-13-2012, 11:52 AM

Right now we are 3 point favorites, and that is down from 4 1/2 opening.

SteelersCanada
11-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm sitting in this lecture bored to tears while looking at this prick wearing his Suggs jersey, and then it hit me - we don't necessarily need Ben.

The evolution of this team has been remarkable. Remember when we were 2-3? That seems like a lifetime ago, and this team - more importantly this defense - has stepped up big time and has been keeping us in games, and last night, won it for us. You'll see guys on this site say things like "smoke and mirrors" or "overrated", but holding quarterbacks to 281 yards and under 50% completion in two games. What makes it even more special is the fact that one of those guys was pretty boy Eli Manning.

The Ravens' DLine right now is struggling and they can't stop the run at all. Jamaal Charles make them look like boys playing with men, running for 140 yards. Our OLine is considerably better than the Chiefs' and play with more aggression and passion. Dwyer can run downhill and with strength right up the middle. The Ravens will struggle to stop the run like they have all year letting Ben (or Lefty) work from play action and we might see Wallace go deep a few times. Speaking of Wallace ...

Webb is out. The Ravens simply don't have anyone to run with Wallace. Smith isn't nearly as fast and will command double coverage, leaving Brown and Sanders open over the middle. More importantly, Kruger can't cover Heath - expect a lot of Heeaaaaatttthhhhh on Sunday. Assuming this is the case, Eddy is going to be playing about 25 yards behind the line of scrimmage, which only helps the underneath routes that Haley enjoys so much. More importantly, Suggs has shown with his injury he can be taken down on one-on-one.

Did anyone notice last night that, for the majority of the night, Hali wasn't a factor? Starks gave Ben all day to throw. This was against a healthy Hali, one of the best OLB's in the league. When Starks goes against an injured and slowed down Suggs, he'll be able to do the same thing. If Starks can make Suggs a non-factor, either with a chip by Dwyer and/or help from Colon as well, the Ravens D will be ineffective. This, combined with the fact that the Ravens' D can't get off the field on third down only helps the Steelers. The way we're dominating in TOP and our conversion rate on third down will make this a long day for the Ravens.

Looking at the Ravens' offense - the key is obviously slowing down Rice. As others have said, it's a little ridiculous teams just let him run open in the flat with no coverage what-so-ever. This isn't going to happen against the Steelers. Why? Lawrence Timmons. The development and play of Timmons this year can be argued as the most improved on the entire team. He's the shining star on this defensive squad and I wouldn't trade him for any MLB in this league (ok, maybe Willis). When he blitzes, he gets to the quarterback. When he covers, he blankets with his surprising quickness and speed and gets interceptions.

Webb is going to be covered by Taylor, and with the way Taylor has played so far, I'm not worried. Boldin will be blanketed by Lewis, another player whose progression and improvement has been eye-popping.

If this defense blitzes effectively and finds a way to slow down Rice, the Ravens offense can't get going and will be ineffective. The key to this game on defense will be how Timmons handles Rice and if Woodley can get to Flacco.

I ain't worried. Bring on the Ratbirds. :tt04:

Terminator
11-13-2012, 12:14 PM
When Starks goes against an injured and slowed down Suggs, he'll be able to do the same thing.

Suggs doesn't line up on that side. He will be going against Mike Adams.

Darkstorm05
11-13-2012, 12:17 PM

There's no way we can let that matchup go without providing help to Adams. He's made great progress so far, but I just don't think he can last a game 1 on 1 with Suggs, especially with Lefty back there doing his 7 second pose.

SteelersCanada
11-13-2012, 12:24 PM

Suggs is a ROLB, no? If he is, then he's going against Starks.

Darkstorm05
11-13-2012, 12:35 PM

is he right side? All I can really remember there is that it was a left hook he hit Ben with.

Fire Arians
11-13-2012, 12:37 PM

yep he's going to be going up against starks, we're good

i hope mendenhall is ready because redman/dwyer aren't the kind of backs that have success against baltimore. someone earlier stated that jamaal charles put up 140 on the ravens, but do we have that kind of talent at RB? i would say no. closest thing we have to a runner like charles would be mendy. and with rainey nursing his injury i wouldn't be handing it off to him yet, he looked tentative against the chiefs

Terminator
11-13-2012, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Mendy take the snaps against Baltimore, now that I think about it. Redman and Dwyer really shit the bed last night.

Who gets stuffed on a 1 yard run by a cornerback?

nikstar
11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I thought Suggs was moved around the formation a lot? I don't think we can guarantee him playing on Starks side and should have plans in place for helping Adams out in anyway possible.

Hawaii 5-0
11-13-2012, 07:28 PM
man, I hope we shut up the Ravens...:sign02:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/lvu7ru.E9wAfT55M2gfMig--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://mit.zenfs.com/209/2011/11/suggsshirt.jpg

Danny136200
11-13-2012, 08:23 PM

I am actually pretty damn confident we will beat them at home with out Ben like you. This defense, while not playing all that great run D, is playing disciplined pass defense. I have confidence that we can shut down their WRs and that we just need to slow down Rice (easier said than done TBH). The Ravens' D can be had, and even with leftnut playing (with a full starter's practice) I think we can move the ball enough to score on them. 16-10 Steelers.

Danny136200
11-13-2012, 08:25 PM

Ike taylor inexplicably stopped on that play and let Bowe open.

Rotorhead
11-13-2012, 08:29 PM
This should be the refular def struggle they all are, unfortunatley we will be missing the BB magic so our ST need to step it up and someone in our Def needs to play lights out and get some takeaways. It will be a close one IMHO. We should be able to run well and our play action should be ok from that. We should be able to slow their passing attack. It will come down to defenses and maybe ST play. Would be nice if AB could play and Rainey could be healthy, those are 2 big difference makers. Hopefully Ike or Lewis can makes the ints this week.

Danny136200
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
is he right side? All I can really remember there is that it was a left hook he hit Ben with.

He switches from time to time.

Terminator
11-13-2012, 08:47 PM
man, I hope we shut up the Ravens...:sign02:

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/lvu7ru.E9wAfT55M2gfMig--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://mit.zenfs.com/209/2011/11/suggsshirt.jpg

I remember when Suggs was in shape :hatsoff:

Bigsteely
11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
I am actually pretty damn confident we will beat them at home with out Ben like you. This defense, while not playing all that great run D, is playing disciplined pass defense. I have confidence that we can shut down their WRs and that we just need to slow down Rice (easier said than done TBH). The Ravens' D can be had, and even with leftnut playing (with a full starter's practice) I think we can move the ball enough to score on them. 16-10 Steelers.

16 points should be good enough, we haven't allowed more than 14 points at home all year and I don't think the Ravens will make a difference

Ravens1
11-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Don't bet the rent money. Let's see. Oakland beat you, we beat Oakland 55-20. I say we take you out 60+ to whatever. If you show up to play, there are no injury excuses. No mercy in football. Run it up.

Fire Haley
11-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Steelers are unbeatable in their bumblebee suits!

http://static3.echalk.net/www/jacksonsd_elms/images/buzz.jpg

Terminator
11-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Don't bet the rent money. Let's see. Oakland beat you, we beat Oakland 55-20. I say we take you out 60+ to whatever. If you show up to play, there are no injury excuses. No mercy in football. Run it up.

is this for real? :coffee:

maddog78
11-14-2012, 08:34 AM
is this for real? :coffee:

It's pure logic. On their current pace, the Ravens will score 55 points a week!

steelfury02
11-14-2012, 08:38 AM
Ravens1 - you are either a Steelers fan, lurking around, getting a kick out of stirring the pot - or you are like some of the Ravens fan base - ANNOYING.

Congratulations for having such a class act team. Your team rubbed dirt in the eye of a bottom feeder. Last time I checked, your team got whipped pretty good by one Houston Texans - so, I wouldn't be talking too much about this wonderful "accomplishment."

When your team is loaded with 2xSB winning talent and future HOFers on both sides of the ball- you come back on here and communicate to Steeler Nation what it is like for the Ravens to keep ultra-accomplished millionaires focused enough to still compete consistently, year in and year out. Seriously - I welcome you to come on here and trash talk all you want if/when your team wins. If not - I still hope you come on here for some serious ribbing.

kent
11-14-2012, 08:39 AM

And this is what a fan with no football knowledge sounds like.

Danny136200
11-14-2012, 09:19 AM

Lets see, we beat the eagles, and the ravens did not. Totally means the steelers will blow out the ravens....

steelfury02
11-14-2012, 09:21 AM
Lets see, we beat the eagles, and the ravens did not. Totally means the steelers will blow out the ravens....

FACT

objectivefan
11-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Flacco oftens plays like a backup it will be a close game.

torpedoshell31
11-14-2012, 12:11 PM
One good thing for the Steelers is that Flacco had a great game last week. He very rarely plays two good games in a row.

Ravens1
11-14-2012, 12:12 PM
All very true. Truth is the Ravens and the Steelers are teams in transition. Senior talent showing cracks and rookies/juniors not quite up to speed. There is a reason the NFL gives last place teams 1st pick. They TRY to even the playing field to offer a competative season. But one Trent Richardson does not a season make. We are cursed with inconsistency. I cringe watching the Ravens play sometimes. I cringed watching the Chiefs throw the game away to you. I admire the Steelers past consistency.. As someone wrote, on any Sunday right? I only hope for outcomes.Trash talk is just that. I would never bet on the outcome of a football came. Stock picking is an easier game and that's saying something. Let the chips fall where they may. But there is nothing like laying out an arch rival in front of a home town crowd, first string qb or not. Here's hoping.

BleedPurple
11-14-2012, 12:16 PM
All very true. Truth is the Ravens and the Steelers are teams in transition. Senior talent showing cracks and rookies/juniors not quite up to speed. There is a reason the NFL gives last place teams 1st pick. They TRY to even the playing field to offer a competative season. But one Trent Richardson does not a season make. We are cursed with inconsistency. I cringe watching the Ravens play sometimes. I cringed watching the Chiefs throw the game away to you. I admire the Steelers past consistency.. As someone wrote, on any Sunday right? I only hope for outcomes.Trash talk is just that. I would never bet on the outcome of a football came. Stock picking is an easier game and that's saying something. Let the chips fall where they may. But there is nothing like laying out an arch rival in front of a home town crowd, first string qb or not. Here's hoping.

23-21 Ravens last second FG kick from Tuck.

Ravens1
11-14-2012, 12:42 PM
P.S. Texans are a great team and could go all the way. Be glad you don't have to play them this year.

Opt2loc
11-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I wish Ben was going to play. The game just won't be the same. Hope it rains buckets.

FrancoLambert
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
:sign02:

C'mon Raven trolls admit it......you are deeply envious of Steeler Nation.
You mask your envy with hatred and talk like you've won so much,
1 super Bowl years ago.....Billick, the coach, He's been on TV for years.
Shit since then.
Had a road paved for you to the Super Bowl last year and you blew it.
Harbaugh's a classless punk.....just like his brother.
Gatorade baths for regular season wins...... classic wannabe behavior.
You talk so much and have achieved so little.

Stu Pidasso
11-14-2012, 04:51 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a220/StuPidasso2/suggs.jpg

Ricco Suavez
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
I see a close game and depending on the turnover margin we could win this one at home. Regardless we need to take at least 1 of the next 3 to have a chance at the playoffs. If Ben returns along with some of the other walking wounded this team could be dangerous come Jan.

Kanata-Steeler
11-14-2012, 05:01 PM
well, being that the media is now saying that we only beat the |Giants because they were on their "micro-DOWN" swing at this time of the year, I dunno?
haha.
It's amazing how the media has an explanation for everything - uhhh, except for the "media" ?
... anyway, The Ratbirds still have to taste our medicine too, and it's always a bitter pill to swallow !
:)

Fire Arians
11-14-2012, 05:04 PM
P.S. Texans are a great team and could go all the way. Be glad you don't have to play them this year.

they were the best team in the NFL last year until schaub got injured

steelfury02
11-14-2012, 05:05 PM
And we aren't in their heads?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

StainlessStill
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
I think their fans are more worried than EVER. Underdogs at home, backup QB who can certainly get it done with a STRONG arm to push downfield AND 2 bruising running backs with an ounce of FLASH with Rainey against a defense giving up enormous chunks of yardage on the ground.

We don't concede a damn thing to ANYBODY in this town and we WON'T start now! Heinz will be EXTRA feisty come Sunday Night. NEXT MAN UP, NO EXCUSES, HERE WE GO!

SteelersCanada
11-14-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't know why, or if this makes any sense, but I feel like we're going to see the 2008 defense on Sunday. I think you're going to see guys like Timmons, Woodley and Taylor step up and make plays. I think Harrison is going to play inspired and we'll see - for what could be the last time - him as a dominate OLB.

Maybe it's because I'm an optimist, but I have a good feeling about Sunday. As long as they play inspired and Mendenhall can bring back the same magic he had against the Eagles, I like our chances. Let's face it, I don't think anyone is actually afraid of Flacco. Everyone is saying we don't have a shot and this game is already over, and it's games like that where they go out and play smashmouth and physical 'ball, and ultimately end up playing our best games.

Let's go show why we're still the class of the AFC North. :tt:

Terminator
11-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I live in Raven country. About 30 minutes outside Baltimore to be exact. Majority of my co-workers and friends are Ratbird fans. I can tell by the way they are talking that they are nervous. My one co-worker admitted to me he can't see the Steelers losing this game at home, because everyone will be so fired up to win this for Ben and prove all the naysayers wrong. I think a lot of Ravens fans are secretly thinking this, based on my experiences.

steeltheone
11-14-2012, 07:39 PM
well, being that the media is now saying that we only beat the |Giants because they were on their "micro-DOWN" swing at this time of the year, I dunno?
haha.
It's amazing how the media has an explanation for everything - uhhh, except for the "media" ?
... anyway, The Ratbirds still have to taste our medicine too, and it's always a bitter pill to swallow !
:)

You had to expect this, after the Bengals beat the Giants last weekend!

SoCalFan
11-14-2012, 07:54 PM
I think their fans are more worried than EVER. Underdogs at home, backup QB who can certainly get it done with a STRONG arm to push downfield AND 2 bruising running backs with an ounce of FLASH with Rainey against a defense giving up enormous chunks of yardage on the ground.

We don't concede a damn thing to ANYBODY in this town and we WON'T start now! Heinz will be EXTRA feisty come Sunday Night. NEXT MAN UP, NO EXCUSES, HERE WE GO!

I love this! NO EXCUSES!!! Im feeling good about this one, being its at home! Come on O-line!!!

ZoneBlitzer
11-14-2012, 07:58 PM
With the Mean Machine Prison uniforms they have a shot at it. I love the way they buzz to the ball in those unis. I believe they can do it. They'll have to play sound, fundamental football and not blink.

Steel_Bus_24
11-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Keep it up media.....as juvenile,unprofessional, and cliche as it is.......this team needs a boogeyman to prove wrong

Hawaii 5-0
11-15-2012, 01:01 AM
Ravens-Steelers odds take a big swing after Ben Roethlisberger's injury

By OddsShark on Nov 14

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3264855/20121112_ajl_al8_296.0_standard_500.0.jpg

Baltimore has dominated the AFC North lately and they get lucky with Big Ben on the shelf for their Week 11 trip to Pittsburgh. The line was moving down by mid-week and expected to go lower.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will be without quarterback Ben Roethlisberger when they host the Baltimore Ravens Sunday night and the point spread is reacting in predictable fashion.

After the Steelers opened as 4.5-point home favorites, the spread has swung seven points in a few hours Wednesday, with lots of additional downward pressure before gametime.

"It's about the only way you see NFL line moves of that strength - when a starting QB goes down," said Jack Randall of OddsShark.com.

After losing Roethlisberger in Monday night's game, the Pittsburgh Steelers needed overtime to dispatch of the Kansas City Chiefs. The win was Pittsburgh's fourth straight overall (3-1 ATS) and seventh straight at Heinz Field (4-3 ATS) with every single one of those wins going UNDER the total.

Pittsburgh is on a roll right now, but can the Steelers stay on it with backup quarterback Byron Leftwich under center against the dangerous Baltimore Ravens?

Baltimore entered its bye off of an ugly 43-13 road loss to Houston and 0-5 ATS over its last five games despite a 4-1 SU record. But since the bye, Baltimore has looked sharp on both sides of the ball in a 25-15 win on the road against Cleveland and a blowout 55-20 win last week against Oakland.

The Ravens swept the season series against Pittsburgh 2-0 SU and ATS en route to an AFC North title last year and will try to keep its success against the Steelers going this week. Baltimore has won 10 straight within the division, going 7-2-1 ATS in that span.

Despite the defensive nature of these two teams, the OVER is 5-2-1 over their last eight meetings and 3-0 over their last three. Baltimore has scored at least 23 points in each of its last three games against Pittsburgh. When the games are in Pittsburgh, its even more lopsided (OVER is 10-2-1 past 13 meetings at Pittsburgh).

And therein lies the problem for the Steelers this week. With Joe Flacco giving the Ravens a legitimate vertical game and Ray Rice's big play potential, the Ravens aren't the type of team that can be shut down defensively very often.

Pittsburgh will need to manufacture offense to beat the Ravens, and will have trouble doing so without Ben Roethlisberger. Byron Leftwich's long delivery is also a disaster waiting to happen against this Baltimore defense.

Pittsburgh isn't going to get blown out at home, but can the Ravens win this one by more than a field goal?

Don't think so.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/11/14/3645504/ravens-steelers-odds-ben-roethlisberger-injury

Hawaii 5-0
11-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Three Reasons Why The Steelers Can Beat Baltimore Without Big Ben

Nov 15th, 2012 by Andrew Pregle

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2012/11/6744666-235x300.jpg?fb7345

When my dad and I bought tickets for this weekend’s Steelers-Ravens contest, we knew it wasn’t guaranteed that we would be going home happy. With recent news of Big Ben’s injury, it sure seems as if I’m marching towards a massacre. However, there is absolutely no guarantee the Ravens can pull this one out even against a backup quarterback. Here are the three biggest reasons why.

1) Their Own Injuries

As any Ravens fan will remind you, a Ravens win won’t come with an asterix because of the numerous and important injuries Baltimore has had to deal with. In fact, some would argue that the Ravens are in a worse position than the Steelers. Haloti Ngata and Torrey Smith are still questionable and even though they will more than likely suit up, there is no way they will be 100%. Jimmy Smith hasn’t participated in practice yet this week and is legitimately questionable. Suggs hasn’t impressed me yet as he still recovers from his achilles injury that is hampering his best assest: explosiveness off the snap. Oh, and that guy Ray Lewis is done for the year too. So while the Steelers are coming in battered, Baltimore has some serious holes on their defensive unit.

2) Steelers Can Still Run The Ball

One of the trademarked features of a Steelers Ravens game is the inability for both sides to run the ball effectively. After reading the above, you see that for the Steelers that task just got monumentally easier. What’s worse for Baltimore is that their run defense was still average at best when the team was healthy. The interior of Pouncey, Colon and Foster may still have to deal with Ngata but there won’t be Lewis to account for in the box. That is a huge relief and expect the Steelers to challenge that interior early before even attempting to bounce the ball outside. If the Steelers running game performs like it did before the Kansas City game, they will be able to successfully grind out clock and yards against the less than stellar Ravens defense.

3) Ravens Offensive Strategy Is Bizzare

You would think that with Ray Rice being as successful as he is even when he is touching the ball 65%-70% of the time you’d still do it, right? Well Baltimore has had moments this season where they don’t give the ball to Rice, even if he’s successful. Consider: in their loss against Philly, Rice was averaging over 5 yards a carry…and Flacco threw the ball 43 times. Against Houston, Rice average 4.6 yards a carry…and got 12 carries.

Flacco threw 43 times again. I understand the want for a balanced offense, but when Ray Rice is winning you games and Joe Flacco is losing them, you give the ball to Rice. In their last two games against pretty mediocre teams, the Ravens have stalled in their rushing game. If the Steelers defense can hold off Rice early Harbaugh will more than likely trust Flacco to win the game for the Ravens. That’s the best recipe for a Steelers win.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/11/15/three-reasons-why-the-steelers-can-beat-baltimore-without-big-ben/

Bayz101
11-17-2012, 01:21 AM
Nice read. Thanks Ric!

Fire Arians
11-17-2012, 01:26 AM
that's why they play the game. and i think people are underestimating mendenhall with a capable line

Rick5895
11-17-2012, 07:30 AM
that's why they play the game. and i think people are underestimating mendenhall with a capable line

Exactly!! And I think people are underestimating Leftwich as well. People forget he was a 1st round pick, he was a playoff QB with the Jags. Haley will have the O tailored to his strengths. He got all the snaps in practice this week, so unlike against the Chefs he will have more command and be in sync with his receivers more.
I believe the pass is there for us on Sunday. With Smith now also out , Reed injured with the shoulder, the secondary will be hard pressed to keep up to our WR's even with Antonio out.
Not to mention our D will step up as well (IMO).

Steelers will win 20-17!!!

StainlessStill
11-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm almost always right judging by my gut feelings. I didn't feel good about Oakland, nor Tennessee believe it or not and mentioned that before those games were played weeks in advance. I actually feel GREAT about this game and I'm this close in expecting to win.

We have a helluva team, ladies and gentlemen. It would be a MISTAKE for Balty to take Lefty or anybody else lightly! We're going to be fired up and will be able to move the ball. It all comes down to the D and what Flacco we get.

HERE WE GO.

lardlad
11-17-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't know why, or if this makes any sense, but I feel like we're going to see the 2008 defense on Sunday. I think you're going to see guys like Timmons, Woodley and Taylor step up and make plays. I think Harrison is going to play inspired and we'll see - for what could be the last time - him as a dominate OLB.

Maybe it's because I'm an optimist, but I have a good feeling about Sunday. As long as they play inspired and Mendenhall can bring back the same magic he had against the Eagles, I like our chances. Let's face it, I don't think anyone is actually afraid of Flacco. Everyone is saying we don't have a shot and this game is already over, and it's games like that where they go out and play smashmouth and physical 'ball, and ultimately end up playing our best games.

Let's go show why we're still the class of the AFC North. :tt:

Actually I am worried about Flacco because you never know what you are going to get from him. He went down field a lot last year on us.

SoCalFan
11-17-2012, 11:49 AM
The 2 keys to the game will be the play of the D of course, more important will be the play of the O line! If they create time, I have no doubt Lefty can get the job done & if they open holes in the run game, we will move the chains & control the clock! Come on O line!!!

RavenManiac
11-17-2012, 12:02 PM
The Ravens' offense is rubbish on the road. Leftwich is semi-rubbish. The game will be low-scoring and close. I'll say 13-10 or 16-13. No clue who wins. I also will say there is a greater chance that you guys blow us out than the reverse, though the chances of either are slim.

Your crowd, defense, and the rest of your team embracing the rare underdog status could lead to a blowout win for you guys. It would be entirely a result of your defense annihilating our offense, forcing many turnovers that lead to many points. But I think the odds are slim.

As for a Ravens blowout, it will only be possible if Leftwich/Haley are stupid. If they play conservatively, run it a lot, and don't turn it over multiple times, then the Steelers cannot be blown out.

I hope the Ravens team is not looking at this game the same way that a lot of Ravens' fans are looking at this game because it would be a huge mistake. (And I think the team isn't as stupid as most of the fans, so I am sure they are taking this game very seriously indeed)

Fire Arians
11-17-2012, 12:16 PM
The Ravens' offense is rubbish on the road. Leftwich is semi-rubbish. The game will be low-scoring and close. I'll say 13-10 or 16-13. No clue who wins. I also will say there is a greater chance that you guys blow us out than the reverse, though the chances of either are slim.

i wouldn't say their O is rubbish, they have some fast wr's and as much as we like to dog on flacco, he's pretty good with the long ball. ray rice is always a threat.

but most likely a low scoring game, i think the game plan will be a little more conservative with ben out. backup qb's are usually asked to just not give the game away

RavenManiac
11-17-2012, 02:59 PM
i wouldn't say their O is rubbish, they have some fast wr's and as much as we like to dog on flacco, he's pretty good with the long ball. ray rice is always a threat.

but most likely a low scoring game, i think the game plan will be a little more conservative with ben out. backup qb's are usually asked to just not give the game away

The Ravens offense is pretty bad on the road. It really shows up when you look at the number of 3-and-outs we have on the road (vs. at home). It is one thing to drive and settle for FGs vs TDs, or even drive to midfield and be forced to punt, but another entirely when you repeatedly go 3-and-out and allow the other team to start with great field position. At Cleveland and at K.C we lose easily if our defense doesn't have good games (and that includes letting KC run all over us, our defense held when it counted).

Ignoring kneel-downs or drives that end in under 3 plays due to end of half or end of game (and ignoring kick-off return TDs as "drives"):

Ravens have gone 3-and-out 21 times out of 47 drives in 4 road games, or a staggering 44.6% of the time. These are games against: Houston (very good 8-1), Philly (not good 3-6), Cleveland (not good 2-7), KC (poor 1-8).

Ravens have gone 3-and-out 11 times out of 50 drives in 5 home games (and 2 of those 11 were the last 2 drives against Oakland, up by 5 TDs, with Tyrod Taylor at QB, running 5/6 plays), or 22% of the time.

I would not be surprised to see the Ravens fail to get a first down for over 20 minutes of game time. They have done this twice in 4 road games, and against Philly had a stretch of 20+ minutes where they got a single first down then punted or we would be talking three 20+ minute stretches of no first downs.

And this kind of stuff happened last year at times as well (at Jacksonville, Seattle, Tennessee, and San Diego), so it isn't anomalous, it is something systematic.

Hawaii 5-0
11-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I hope we send their asses home crying...

http://www.theschoolphilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ravens.jpg