PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Resume two-a-days

Lyn
08-09-2006, 03:25 PM
One of my Patriot Pals Sent Me This:

(CBS4) FOXBORO The Patriots resumed two-a-day practices Tuesday with all the players who returned yesterday back on the field, along with one additional healthy body.

After missing the first 14 practices, rookie tight end/fullback Garrett Mills was on the field today. New England drafted him out of Tulsa in the fourth round.

The team also signed wide receiver Eddie Berlin, a five year veteran who previously played for the Titans and Bears.

As usual, some players were held out of practice. Tedy Bruschi, Chad Jackson, John Stone, Ben Watson, Marquise Hill, Jarvis Green, Chad Brown and Troy Brown, along with the two players still on PUP, all missed the morning session. Graham was still wearing a red non-contact jersey.

In addition to the usual preseason work, the Patriots are preparing for Friday night's exhibition opener in Atlanta against the Falcons. Coach Bill Belichick left open the possibility that some of the players who practiced for the first time this week might play in that game.

"We'll take these practice sessions to see where players are and if they're ready to go on Friday," Belichick said. "The decision on who plays in the game will be based on what we see this week. We have players practicing that won't play on Friday."

Those players include safety Rodney Harrison, center Dan Koppen, defensive lineman Richard Seymour and cornerback Randall Gay. __._,_.___

Livinginthe past
08-10-2006, 02:26 AM
Thanks LYn.

I dont think we will see Rodney until the final preseason game at the earliest - they dont want any relapses.

Its good to have some of the guys coming back even though the rest of the season will probably be spent marking down the order in which they get re-injured.

NM