PDA

View Full Version : Playing possum

BlaZeQuietly
11-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Remember last year whe he had a severe ankles sprain and was supposed to be out for 4-6 week, then he ended up playing the next games and doing a pretty good job. Maybe we are just doing this to mess with the ravens, so they dont know what ti exoect, then POOF out of no where comes ben to save the season!

Bayz101
11-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Remember last year whe he had a severe ankles sprain and was supposed to be out for 4-6 week, then he ended up playing the next games and doing a pretty good job. Maybe we are just doing this to mess with the ravens, so they dont know what ti exoect, then POOF out of no where comes ben to save the season!

Or....POOF out comes Baby Ben and he misses it anyway. :chuckle:

BlaZeQuietly
11-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Or....POOF out comes Baby Ben and he misses it anyway. :chuckle:

I have no idea what u mean lol. Just saying ben is a warrior, the year when he got slammed and bent his leg weird i thought he was out for the rest of the season, then he ended up playing the very next week. I want a damn time table on how long we will be out. Tomlin must know its been over a day.. Either hes busted or he isnt ,I want an answer:drink:

tony hipchest
11-14-2012, 01:35 AM
no.

i remember ben having a severe ankle sprain last year and then playing in san fransisco and completely getting his ass kicked.

the piss poor results and loss didnt come close to matching the valiant effort.

the steelers dont "play possum" or revert to ravens tactics like that. if you watched, ben actually got jacked up and suffered a legitimate injury.

Hawaii 5-0
11-14-2012, 01:40 AM
http://brainmind.com/images/Playingpossum.jpg

BlaZeQuietly
11-14-2012, 01:56 AM
You dont think sanders "leg cramp" wasn't playing possum ??? lol I know ben is hurt but tomlin wont say who is starting to throw the ravens off. Nobody seems to know how bad it is. I expect he will miss 2 games, Good thing we got redman and dryer.

BlaZeQuietly
11-14-2012, 01:58 AM
just our luck, as soon as we start looking like one of the best teams in the NFL our star Qb goes down, very disappointing

maddog78
11-14-2012, 08:37 AM
I remember last year when his severe ankle sprain never got better because he was rushed back into action against a bad Cleveland team, then two weeks later against a good SF team, where he was stood up and pummeled like a pinata.

Those decisions likely cost us a run in the playoffs.

Sit him until he's right and fight for a wildcard. I'll take a #6 seed and a healthy QB over a shot at a division title and a gimpy QB.

SH-Rock
11-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Ben Roethlisberger out this week for Pittsburgh Steelers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000094856/article/ben-roethlisberger-out-this-week-for-pittsburgh-steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't taking any chances. Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reports that Ben Roethlisberger will sit out Sunday night's game against the Baltimore Ravens. Byron Leftwich will start.

The Steelers trail their division rivals by one game, but they have to look to the long-term future of this season. They need Roethlisberger healthy for the stretch run.

Ben Roethlisberger's shoulder sprain isn't the only injury he's dealing with.

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Roethlisberger has a rib injury that was not mentioned by Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday. The rib was also hurt on a third quarter sack of Roethlisberger and "could also be a serious problem."

Roethlisberger's shoulder injury and rib problem could keep him out a "matter of weeks" and Bouchette wrote that "any speculation" at this point about how many weeks is "just that." This particular shoulder sprain is not that common in football.

Considering how things looked when Roethlisberger left Heinz Field on Monday night, there may be some relief in Pittsburgh that this injury isn't more serious. But the Steelerscan't afford to miss Roethlisberger for long. Safety Troy Polamalu is expected to miss another week. Wide receiver Antonio Brown, running back Rashard Mendenhall, and tackle Marcus Gilbert are among the other Steelers shaky to play this week.

Darkstorm05
11-14-2012, 08:47 AM
no.

i remember ben having a severe ankle sprain last year and then playing in san fransisco and completely getting his ass kicked.

the piss poor results and loss didnt come close to matching the valiant effort.

the steelers dont "play possum" or revert to ravens tactics like that. if you watched, ben actually got jacked up and suffered a legitimate injury.

This. His shoulder is also a little more critical to his success.

steelfury02
11-14-2012, 09:48 AM
seriously - imagine all these guys returning and we pull it out in Baltimore. Oh imagine how sweet that would be. Talk about patience paying off

Rotorhead
11-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Lets hope the good guys can pull it out at home and we are all 100% next Balty game

steelfury02
11-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Lets hope the good guys can pull it out at home and we are all 100% next Balty game

This reminds me - any news on Decastro? Obviously Ben, AB, Mendy, Troy is the bigger news - but, anything?