PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Nation Facebook Group

HburgXL06
08-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Ok everyone! I finally did it! I created a global facebook group for all college student Steelers fans! The group is simply called "STEELER NATION" and is meant for all Steelers fans from every place/town/college from coast to coast and beyond! I just formed the group today finally and will continue to update it and invite more new members to join as time goes on but I wanted to get word out here so that I can start to gather all citizens of the Steeler Nation together. The url is:

http://delaware.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204909105

Join if you on facebook and invite everyone! Peace.

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2006, 03:35 PM
It states you have to login in order to see the pictures......?

HometownGal
08-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Wow! What a great idea Hbrg! :bouncy:

Mods - I think this thread is very worthy of a Sticky - what do you think? :cool:

HburgXL06
08-09-2006, 03:51 PM
It states you have to login in order to see the pictures......?

In order to view/join the group you have to be a member of facebook. In order to be a member of facebook you have to be a college student wit an email address at the college you are registered at/attending. It's like myspace for college students. There are groups created for all sorts of random reasons, some more idiotic than others, so I wanted to create a group back in February to unite all college age Steelers fans but at the time it did not allow a member to create a group that could be joined by members from other schools. Since then they have created a global group feature so that any member of facebook can join a group if is is a global group so I jumped I have been planning to do so for a while and finally got to do it. Just so people knows what it looks like that can't log in I will post a screenshot. It's nothin too special but it will give everyone else an idea. Peace.

BuFu

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2006, 03:54 PM
group so I jumped I have been planning to do so for a while and finally got to do it. Just so people knows what it looks like that can't log in I will post a screenshot. It's nothin too special but it will give everyone else an idea. Peace.

BuFu

Sounds good brother and thanks. :smile:

HburgXL06
08-09-2006, 04:03 PM
http://image05.webshots.com/5/5/49/72/2342549720088645997MEKxhk_ph.jpg

Here is what the group looks like. As I said before nothin much just yet. I will update it in the comin days as I have time. Regardless of how it looks it is meant to unite Steelers fans first and foremost!

BuFu

SteelerzGirl
08-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Ok everyone! I finally did it! I created a global facebook group for all college student Steelers fans! The group is simply called "STEELER NATION" and is meant for all Steelers fans from every place/town/college from coast to coast and beyond! I just formed the group today finally and will continue to update it and invite more new members to join as time goes on but I wanted to get word out here so that I can start to gather all citizens of the Steeler Nation together. The url is:

http://delaware.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204909105

Join if you on facebook and invite everyone! Peace.

BuFu

Very cool, Hburg! You finally got that thing created, eh? Good for you! Have fun and enjoy yourselves. :smile:

melroseplace
08-09-2006, 11:44 PM
glad to hear you finally got it up and running, I just joined! thanks for letting us know about it

Sharkissle29
08-10-2006, 06:48 PM
im in!

HometownGal
08-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Bumpity bump - this thread needs to stay at the top! :cool:

Steelers513
08-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Right on !!!!!!!!

HburgXL06
08-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks for joinin St33lers! I just messaged you on Facebook.

HometownGal thanks for helpin me keep the word out and at the top of the viewed threads!

Update on the group: The STEELER NATION already has over 100 members (101 if you count me lol)! I'm thinkin of ideas of how I can make the group continue to grow and become a haven for Steelers fans who aren't so fortunate to be a member of a forum like this one.

So far I have started a discussion invitin members to state where they are originally from and where they go to school (and the town/state the school is in since it is not always obvious). This way everyone can see where the Steeler Nation is represented strong.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can improve the group let me know! Peace.

BuFu