PDA

View Full Version : steelers practice cancelled. treated to the movies

tony hipchest
08-09-2006, 04:25 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_465416.html

in other news, the bengals were treated to a dvd viewing of "American Me"

by The Associated Press
Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Finally, coach Bill Cowher gave his players a training camp reward for winning the Super Bowl. He canceled a morning practice Wednesday and sent them to the movies.
About 10 minutes after the players reported to the practice field for the first of two scheduled sessions, Cowher told them to get cleaned up and to pile onto buses for a trip to a nearby mall. The players had their choice of shows and most took in "Talladega Nights," a NASCAR-themed movie.

Movie day once was an annual occurrence at Steelers training camp, and veteran players always told the rookies they could count on getting out of one practice every summer.

But Cowher canceled the movies after the Steelers went 6-10 in 2003, saying they needed all the practice time possible. There also was no movie day last year, even after the Steelers went 15-1 in 2004.

Winning the Super Bowl changed that, though Cowher also may have been swayed by the scarcity of missed practices. It's not uncommon for the Steelers to move some practices indoors during camp because of bad weather, but Cowher has done so only once since the players reported July 28.

83-Steelers-43
08-09-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm sure many of the Bengal players were upset that "Get Rich or Die Trying" and "Brokeback Mountain" came out earlier in the year and not during training camp this season.

tony hipchest
08-09-2006, 04:31 PM
"Get Rich or Die Trying" :chuckle: undoubtedly a bengal favorite.

BlackNGold203
08-09-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm sure many of the Bengal players were upset that "Get Rich or Die Trying" and "Brokeback Mountain" came out earlier in the year and not during training camp this season.

LMAO....:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Enjoy the movie guys..you earned it!!

HburgXL06
08-09-2006, 04:47 PM
"Get Rich or Die Trying" :chuckle: undoubtedly a bengal favorite.

I was thinkin more along the lines of "Life"

BuFu

tony hipchest
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
I was thinkin more along the lines of "Life"

BuFugood point. "get rich..." may be a little too serious for cj to understand. they should just stick with "chicken run"

HburgXL06
08-09-2006, 05:05 PM
This just in bengals head coach Marvin Lewis has proclaimed that he must have runnin back Maurice Clarett on his roster for the 06 season. Marvin states that he believes that Clarett could be a good influence and leader in the cell block...I mean locker room.

If anyone watched Rome is Burning today you know where I got that last part.

BuFu

Hamptonator
08-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Ricky bobby!

SteelerzGirl
08-09-2006, 05:55 PM
Woohoo! It's good news that the Steelers boys were able to go out and enjoy themselves. Kudos to Coach Cowher for rewarding their hard work. :smile:

melroseplace
08-09-2006, 11:48 PM
glad to hear they were given some down time...they've been working hard and deserve a break

Koopa
08-10-2006, 12:32 AM
at least they went to go see a damn good movie

i loved in the movie when he said this

"I sent my application in to The Real World, and I'm pretty much putting all of my eggs in to that basket, the MTV basket.

"If my MTV career doesn't work out, I was thinking i'd start selling crack. I would be like a laid back crack dealer, though. Nothing too formal. I'd just be like 'Hey boys, how's it going? Want some crack?'"

damn will ferrell is a mothersuckin comic genius lol