PDA

View Full Version : which ex pats player will rip the F.O. next?

tony hipchest
08-09-2006, 07:13 PM
so far law and mcginnest have came out to voice their displeasure in belichick getting the credit for leading a group of vagabonds to glory.

i can see both sides though. sure they got their rings and left for more money and should quit being little whining bitches.

but then again im sure neither will be introducing belichick at his h.o.f. induction, as they stand on the outside looking in.

meanwhile kraft is pocketing a gripload of cash. hell, even brady has voiced his displeasure.

im thinking vinatieri will make the next public comments against the organization.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Bellichick is so egotistical he'll present himself at his HoF induction.

boLT fan
08-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Bellichick is so egotistical he'll present himself at his HoF induction.

I like Bellichick but damn that was funny. :sofunny:

I agree, if anyone it'll be Vinateri next. He won't be talking about he founds out that no matter how good he does, Manning will lose.

Livinginthe past
08-10-2006, 02:31 AM
For the record, Vinatieri has already been voicing his displeasure at his years of underpaid, underachieving slave labor at the hands of Bill 'Lenin' Belichick.

He apparently wont refer to the Patriots by their name, but only as 'my ex-team'.

Sounds kinda childish to me.

I, like many other Patriots fans, could care less what ex-players (or even current players who need to get with the program) think of what Kraft, Pioli and BB have achieved.

The 3 wise kings have already shown that they know what is best for the most successful franchise of the salary cap era - if Law, Milloy and McGinest et al dont like it - they've got their choice of 31 other teams they sign up for overpaid failure at.

NM

j-dawg
08-10-2006, 03:18 AM
For the record, Vinatieri has already been voicing his displeasure at his years of underpaid, underachieving slave labor at the hands of Bill 'Lenin' Belichick.

He apparently wont refer to the Patriots by their name, but only as 'my ex-team'.

Sounds kinda childish to me.

I, like many other Patriots fans, could care less what ex-players (or even current players who need to get with the program) think of what Kraft, Pioli and BB have achieved.

The 3 wise kings have already shown that they know what is best for the most successful franchise of the salary cap era - if Law, Milloy and McGinest et al dont like it - they've got their choice of 31 other teams they sign up for overpaid failure at.

NM

although i understand your point, i'm reading a tab bit of bitterness here... players leave teams all the time... for example... did reggie white get overpaid, and did he experience failure when he left for greenbay? or closer to your team, did ty law suck last year, and do you think kansas city is going to suck this year?

hmmm.... :scratchchin:

Livinginthe past
08-10-2006, 10:23 AM
although i understand your point, i'm reading a tab bit of bitterness here... players leave teams all the time... for example... did reggie white get overpaid, and did he experience failure when he left for greenbay? or closer to your team, did ty law suck last year, and do you think kansas city is going to suck this year?

hmmm.... :scratchchin:

Bitterness?

Sure it is - these guys are criticising the hand that fed them good money and success - its a sad indictment of professional sports that these guys get paid more money than they can spend and still they talk about 'having to have enough money to eat'.

I have no problem with the concept of players leaving for more money elsewhere - thats their choice in a free market.

What I do have a problem with is these same players taking shots at the organisation that provided a platform that allowed them to promote their talent in the first place.

When I mentioned players leaving to 'fail playing for 31 other teams' I was talking about ex-Patriots players - when was Reggie White a Patriots player?

Maybe you can name me an ex-Patriots player from the BB/Pioli/Kraft era that has left Foxboro and actually increased their successfulnes?

Im a New England Patriots fan first and foremost, not a Ty Law or Willie McG fan, as soon as they trade in that Patriots jersey they become 'just another player'.

Its not as if disgruntled ex-players are the norm anyhow - the problem being that periods of high success during the salary cap ear creates these issues.

If another team can replicate the Patriots success in the next 10 years then they will find out all about players that rate themselves a little too highly.

NM

j-dawg
08-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Bitterness?

Sure it is - these guys are criticising the hand that fed them good money and success - its a sad indictment of professional sports that these guys get paid more money than they can spend and still they talk about 'having to have enough money to eat'.

I have no problem with the concept of players leaving for more money elsewhere - thats their choice in a free market.

What I do have a problem with is these same players taking shots at the organisation that provided a platform that allowed them to promote their talent in the first place.

When I mentioned players leaving to 'fail playing for 31 other teams' I was talking about ex-Patriots players - when was Reggie White a Patriots player?

Maybe you can name me an ex-Patriots player from the BB/Pioli/Kraft era that has left Foxboro and actually increased their successfulnes?

Im a New England Patriots fan first and foremost, not a Ty Law or Willie McG fan, as soon as they trade in that Patriots jersey they become 'just another player'.

Its not as if disgruntled ex-players are the norm anyhow - the problem being that periods of high success during the salary cap ear creates these issues.

If another team can replicate the Patriots success in the next 10 years then they will find out all about players that rate themselves a little too highly.

NM

i hear you on the loyalty issue. these guys see somebody on another team making more money than they are, doing the same thing, and they get pissed. but the salary cap era didn't create that... heck, athletes have been leaving teams and talking crap about their old team since any pro sport has been around.

i didn't say reggie played for the patriots... i was using him as an example of a free agent that went onto another team and had success. i believe ty law will have some of that same success in kansas city.

i totally understand your point here, i only think it's a bit imperceptive to suggest that these ex-patriot players wont have just as important an impact on their new teams, and that these teams won't be successful.

tony hipchest
08-10-2006, 12:17 PM

NMmaybe its the coach who rates himself a little too highly. what has he done without law, willie mac, and vinatieri? after all it wasnt him making the game winning kicks. maybe the players are bitter that they are the ones who put the patriots and kraft on the map and revived them from mediocrity. whose hand is feeding who? all owners pay their players. only certain players and teams feed the owners success. just ask dan snyder.

Livinginthe past
08-10-2006, 12:17 PM
i hear you on the loyalty issue. these guys see somebody on another team making more money than they are, doing the same thing, and they get pissed. but the salary cap era didn't create that... heck, athletes have been leaving teams and talking crap about their old team since any pro sport has been around.

i didn't say reggie played for the patriots... i was using him as an example of a free agent that went onto another team and had success. i believe ty law will have some of that same success in kansas city.

i totally understand your point here, i only think it's a bit imperceptive to suggest that these ex-patriot players wont have just as important an impact on their new teams, and that these teams won't be successful.

Well the FA's havent had success so far - those are the facts.

We will see how well pro-bowl CB Ty Law does this year and how deep his team gets into the playoffs.

Im not saying it can't happen - just in the overwhelming majority of cases that these players have been vastly less successful.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-10-2006, 12:18 PM
maybe its the coach who rates himself a little too highly. what has he done without law, willie mac, and vinatieri? after all it wasnt him making the game winning kicks. maybe the players are bitter that they are the ones who put the patriots and kraft on the map and revived them from mediocrity. whose hand is feeding who? all owners pay their players. only certain players and teams feed the owners success. just ask dan snyder.

I know you like it spelt out nice and simple Tony.

BB 3 SB's > Bill Cowhers 1 SB.

There you go.

NM

tony hipchest
08-10-2006, 12:25 PM
i like youre logic in the response to j-dawg. willie mac goes to a sorry team so all of a sudden he sucks? wasnt ty law in the pro bowl and leading the league in int's last year when the pats were choking on db's all season? isnt l. milloy still contributing in the league? i know you like it simple so i will just state that its a team game. belichick and brady are trying to prove otherwise. i feel bad for the patfans who dont realize thats not how it works. (actually i dont) the reality is there, its up to them to grasp it.

funny how no ex steelers ever feel the need to blast the rooneys. i guess they are the greatest owners in sports.

j-dawg
08-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Well the FA's havent had success so far - those are the facts.

We will see how well pro-bowl CB Ty Law does this year and how deep his team gets into the playoffs.

Im not saying it can't happen - just in the overwhelming majority of cases that these players have been vastly less successful.

NM

well, look at ty laws stats from last year... he had his most interceptions in a single season (10).. i'd say that was a pretty successful year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3820

Livinginthe past
08-10-2006, 01:34 PM
well, look at ty laws stats from last year... he had his most interceptions in a single season (10).. i'd say that was a pretty successful year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3820

And how did his team do in the playoffs?

Yeah thats what I thought.

Im sure he will continue to mount personal stats - no more titles for Law, Milloy or Wille McG though though.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
i like youre logic in the response to j-dawg. willie mac goes to a sorry team so all of a sudden he sucks? wasnt ty law in the pro bowl and leading the league in int's last year when the pats were choking on db's all season? isnt l. milloy still contributing in the league? i know you like it simple so i will just state that its a team game. belichick and brady are trying to prove otherwise. i feel bad for the patfans who dont realize thats not how it works. (actually i dont) the reality is there, its up to them to grasp it.

funny how no ex steelers ever feel the need to blast the rooneys. i guess they are the greatest owners in sports.

Who said anything about Willie being a bad player?

NM

tony hipchest
08-10-2006, 01:42 PM
no more titles for Law, Milloy or Wille McG though though.

NM

or tom brady. what the 3 aformentionned players will have is a gripload of money and a sense of belonging and appreciation to go along with the rings they already have. that is success. i dont think any of them will be losing any sleep cause you no longer consider them successful. im sure they feel just fine where they are at.

Livinginthe past
08-10-2006, 02:27 PM
or tom brady. what the 3 aformentionned players will have is a gripload of money and a sense of belonging and appreciation to go along with the rings they already have. that is success. i dont think any of them will be losing any sleep cause you no longer consider them successful. im sure they feel just fine where they are at.

Or Tom Brady?

Yeah I think the Patriots stand a better chance of winning another SB during Brady's career than the Falcons do during Milloys career or McGinest does with Clevelend.

So you are seriously telling me that professional football players wont lose any sleep over what a UK NFL fan says about them?

All I can say is that im impressed that you find the time to hold down a full time job, post on this forum and perform your duties as little known superhero - Captain Obvious.

Do you wear a cape?

NM

j-dawg
08-10-2006, 03:03 PM
And how did his team do in the playoffs?

Yeah thats what I thought.

Im sure he will continue to mount personal stats - no more titles for Law, Milloy or Wille McG though though.

NM

ty's with kansas city now, and i think they've got chance at a title...

vinateri is with the colts, they've got a chance at a title...

willies with the browns, they might have a chance at a run next year.... it's all conjecture right now... but, as i stated before, there are players in the past that have gone to other teams and won another title... it's not impossible.

tony hipchest
08-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Or Tom Brady?

Yeah I think the Patriots stand a better chance of winning another SB during Brady's career than the Falcons do during Milloys career or McGinest does with Clevelend.

So you are seriously telling me that professional football players wont lose any sleep over what a UK NFL fan says about them?

All I can say is that im impressed that you find the time to hold down a full time job, post on this forum and perform your duties as little known superhero - Captain Obvious.

Do you wear a cape?

NM"a better chance" dont mean he will win more. just ask dan marino.

and there is no need to call names, or personally attack my job holding down skills, or attire. this IS a football discussion :chuckle:

bradys run is done and over. you keep bringing up what the pats have accomplished in the free agency era ignoring the blatant trends. aikman, elway, farve, warner, and brady have all had their turns. once it was over, well, it was over. it is now bens turn, and its obvious he is in the best position to eclipse all the aformentionned. he is the youngest qb to win a sb you know and on pace to break bradys playoff win loss record.

Livinginthe past
08-11-2006, 01:46 AM
"a better chance" dont mean he will win more. just ask dan marino.

and there is no need to call names, or personally attack my job holding down skills, or attire. this IS a football discussion :chuckle:

bradys run is done and over. you keep bringing up what the pats have accomplished in the free agency era ignoring the blatant trends. aikman, elway, farve, warner, and brady have all had their turns. once it was over, well, it was over. it is now bens turn, and its obvious he is in the best position to eclipse all the aformentionned. he is the youngest qb to win a sb you know and on pace to break bradys playoff win loss record.

Attacking?

Who's attacking?

I thought that was pretty obviously genuine praise for your ability to multi-task - something us guys arent renowned for.

I didnt realise that SB titles were decided on a rota basis - so its Bens 'turn' right now is it?

Whats the quota these days for SB victories for one QB?

Should be BB make the savvy tactical decision and put Matt Cassell in?

Maybe his 'turn' will out rank Bens turn?

Well thats idle speculation as usual anyway - im not going to say Ben can't do it - I just give Brady more of a chance.

NM

Livinginthe past
08-11-2006, 01:49 AM
ty's with kansas city now, and i think they've got chance at a title...

vinateri is with the colts, they've got a chance at a title...

willies with the browns, they might have a chance at a run next year.... it's all conjecture right now... but, as i stated before, there are players in the past that have gone to other teams and won another title... it's not impossible.

Sure, I know Ty Law is at Kansas right now but he went via a hopeless Jets team for big money.

Kansas are perrenial challengers - but they also have a terrible D - and now it appears that their awesome O is getting old all at once.

The Colts have less chance of winning this years SB than the Patriots unless they plan on letting Adam V. throw the ball too!

NM