PDA

View Full Version : The official Acceptance post, my new sig takes the lead.

BlaZeQuietly
11-16-2012, 12:11 AM
It's time to get behind Byron and accept him for who he is, a cool guy with a strong arm. Can not compare to big ben but hes going to be the shot caller for the run at the play offs. I think hes going to do better than people think!

We need to accept Ben is gone for AT LEAST the rest of the regular season.
We can hope he is back to power us through the play offs and on way to SB
but for now Byron is the man, and we need to get behind him like he were Ben.
Byron has a great team to work with, better than he ever did before, I think he will do an excellent job.
Everybody get with me!!!!!!!:tt04::tt02::helmet::tt::tt03:

Hawaii 5-0
11-16-2012, 12:25 AM
count me in: :tt02:

GO Byron GO!

http://www.athlonsports.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/athlon_slideshow_portrait/slideshow-images/ByronLeftwich-1_1.jpg

BlaZeQuietly
11-16-2012, 12:41 AM
That's more like it, we have Byron Leftwich, a veteren with a great arm surrounded by the best group of people and best O-line he ever has been, let him flourish and shock the nfl by playing well above expectations
He's the man now, accept it embrace it
he's a hell of a lot better than tebow!

watch as he battles every inch of the way with the Steelers and marches them into the playoffs, this shit is gonna happen!!! come on can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!????

Bayz101
11-16-2012, 12:42 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA7qAaFW9lW2JkxH5WllQup0qPA9C5F x2_hNvitcNbhpmiHuXZWMKSiz-zdQ

BlaZeQuietly
11-16-2012, 12:47 AM
1564 Get used to seeing this. Hes our man

Fire Arians
11-16-2012, 12:48 AM
byron is my homeboy

teegre
11-16-2012, 01:06 AM
My uncle is a Marshall alum. And, I've watched Byron a ton of times (side-note: Randy Moss in person is like watching an angel rope a unicorn: unbelievable).

The year that he was drafted, I was just praying that Byron didn't end up in BALT. Whew!!! It was close.

Then, when he signed with the Steelers, I was pleased. (Note: I've always felt that BB was the better QB, and preferred BB over Byron as a Steeler... but don't tell my uncle.)

My fandom aside, the dude never changed his mechanics, and thus, he never made it as a starter. His wind-up allowed DBs to break on the ball, and more importantly, he could never throw the short routes: he threw 90 mph fastballs to WRs who were five yards away.

But, when he throws a good ball, it can be a helluva pretty sight. That pass to Sanders is Byron at his (second) best. His "first" best is on the deep ball, which we haven't yet seen. He has an amaaazing deep ball. I foresee Wallace really liking Byron.

tony hipchest
11-16-2012, 01:08 AM
i am with you. always been a byron fan. we coulda been stuck with d. culpepper and we've all seen how well that worked for the dolphins passing on drew brees (who ironically is breaking dan marino and johnny unitas records).

im just not so sure byron can last 3 quarters, let alone 3 games. we just havent seen it yet. but i sure as hell aint tossing in my terrible towel yet. i hope for byron to have the season he has always dreamed of and worked for. his loyalty to this team and his position has been shown, just like the venerable charlie batch before him.

call them shitty players all you want, they are proven great people who the team will rally behind (unlike tebow pulling all the judas knives out of his back up in NJ).

for what its worth, watching byron break his humerus is one of the worst sports injuries i have seen and i commend him for coming back.

teegre
11-16-2012, 01:19 AM
call them shitty players all you want, they are proven great people who the team will rally behind.

Byron is the most popular player on the team. EVERYONE loves the dude... they will play their hardest for him.

Fire Arians
11-16-2012, 01:24 AM
always been a byron fan

even when he was a jagoff? i sure as shit hated him then :chuckle:

tony hipchest
11-16-2012, 01:38 AM
even when he was a jagoff? i sure as shit hated him then :chuckle:

always liked tony boseli and fred taylor as well (except for when fred was dropping 3 td's on us). the only jagoff i really despise is terrence mathis for reasons understood.

SoCalFan
11-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Byron should do ok!? Wait, can't the docs simply remove Bens stray rib? Please!

Fire Arians
11-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Byron should do ok!? Wait, can't the docs simply remove Bens stray rib? Please!

why not, i heard it was cool. marilyn manson got a couple ribs removed and now he can suck his own dick, maybe that'd keep ben out of trouble

Hawaii 5-0
11-16-2012, 02:08 AM
why not, i heard it was cool. marilyn manson got a couple ribs removed and now he can suck his own dick, maybe that'd keep ben out of trouble

:rofl:

Bayz101
11-16-2012, 02:32 AM

BWAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH! That pissed me off AND made me piss myself laughing. :sofunny::applaudit:

steelfury02
11-16-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm usually not on this late - thanks for the humor - this is an interesting late nighter for me. I have sticky beer wort all over the kitchen floor, blue tarp everywhere and towels trying to mitigate my delirious damage (never make anything at this time of night)

Then I come on here and it is all sausage this and sausage that :rofl:

ETL
11-16-2012, 06:39 AM
I'll root for him ... Until he throws that first boneheaded interception.

( seriously, it is what it is and believe it or not we have one of the better backups in the league in Leftwich)

DoctorCAD
11-16-2012, 08:07 AM
The backup QB has always been the most popular person in Steeler history!

Go Byron, Go!

steelfury02
11-16-2012, 08:39 AM
The backup QB has always been the most popular person in Steeler history!

Go Byron, Go!

Whatever happened to him?
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2009/03/brian-st-pierre-030509.jpg

desertsteel
11-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Byron took over for Chad Pennington at Marshall and there were a lot of fans doubting him but he quickly put the team on his back and had a prolific career and was 6th in the Heisman voting his senior year. He was making great progress in J'ville and a combination of injuries and bad coaching did him in. That is just a bad franchise. Personally, I am looking forward to seeing what a healthy Leftwich can do. I would rather have Ben back there but if not, I'm glad that Byron is in the pocket firing bombs. The Ravens better respect the deep ball because if not they are going to get burned Sunday night.

SoCalFan
11-16-2012, 10:51 AM
The one thing I like is the fact that Todds game plan is good for Byron! If it was BAs O, Lefty would be dead meat!!!