PDA

View Full Version : Terrel Suggs' comments on Ben Roethlisberger

Terminator
11-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Terrell Suggs still expecting to see Ben Roethlisberger under center Sunday night

Despite news from Pittsburgh, Ravens outside linebacker points to Steelers quarterback's high tolerance for pain as reason for his suspicion

November 14, 2012|By Edward Lee

Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs isn’t buying the Pittsburgh Steelers’ announcement Wednesday morning that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will not play in Sunday night’s game against the Ravens.

“Until the ball is snapped, I’m still preparing as if he’s playing,” said the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, who then referred to Roethlisberger leading the Steelers to a 13-10 win against the Ravens on Dec. 5, 2010 despite a sprained right ankle and a broken nose. “Like I said, I saw the guy play on a broken ankle when he came down here, and we even broke his nose, and the guy continued to play, and if you all recall, it didn’t pan out too good for us at the end of that game. So like I said, until that ball is snapped when we’re on the field and [the Ravens offense is] off the field, I’m not ruling him out. You can never question this guy’s toughness. Guys like that are what this game is about.”

The Steelers, who already named Byron Leftwich as Sunday’s starter, have not fared well against the Ravens without Roethlisberger, who is dealing with a dislocated rib and a sprained sternoclavicular joint in his right throwing shoulder.

Pittsburgh is 0-4 against the Ravens without Roethlisberger under center, but 9-5 with the organization’s first pick in the 2004 draft. The Steelers averaged just 16.3 points in those four losses without Roethlisberger, but dropped three of those contests by a field goal each and the other by six points.

The absence of Roethlisberger could remove some of the luster from Sunday night’s showdown.

“I wouldn’t say that you’re necessarily disappointed when you find out those guys aren’t playing, but at the same time, you do want to go out there and beat what you believe is a very good opponent when they’re at their best, so that you can say you’re better than them, and they don’t have any excuses,” Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said. “But this is a tough week and sometimes things happen to guys that don’t allow them to be out there on Sunday, and that’s just the way it is. We can’t really put too much thought into that. We’ve just got to go out there and play the game. A win’s not going to be any different to us just because one of their guys isn’t playing.”

And Pittsburgh shouldn’t expect much sympathy from the Ravens, who have played the last three games without a pair of defensive starters in inside linebacker Ray Lewis and cornerback Lardarius Webb.

“We don’t really concern ourselves with injuries,” coach John Harbaugh said. “We haven’t concerned ourselves with our own team’s injuries. Why are we going to concern ourselves with somebody else’s injuries? Our focus is going to be on playing the team that we’re going to play – it always is – and playing as well as we can play.”

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-11-14/sports/bal-terrell-suggs-still-expecting-to-see-ben-roethlisberger-under-center-sunday-night-20121114_1_ben-roethlisberger-lardarius-webb-ravens-offense

teegre
11-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Suggs loves BB.

I remember, a few years ago (during the Taperiots' 16-0 regular season), the Ravens had the Taperiots on the ropes... but, the officials intervened. Anyway, after the game, Suggs said something about Brady being protected & crying to the refs, and Suggs stated that he respected BB, because (something like this): "We hit BB hard all of the time, and just gets back up & keeps playing. He NEVER complains. Now, THAT is a football player."

And, I've heard Suggs say similar things over the years.

Bayz101
11-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Suggs is a horse-looking motherflubbiker but I like him.

Lady Steel
11-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Suggs thinks Ben is faking his injury because he saw a video on teevee of Ben getting into a spaceship with his wife while showing no pain.

Fire Arians
11-17-2012, 12:52 AM
look at terrell suggs teeth and gums, look like his momma had an affair with mister ed

Hawaii 5-0
11-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Suggs is a horse-looking motherflubbiker but I like him.

I respect Terrell Suggs but I don't like him...

http://www.baltimoregridironreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/suggs.jpg

Fire Arians
11-17-2012, 12:58 AM
fuck terrell suggs, i don't like that ************ for anything

i wouldn't even let him suck my dick, that's how much i dislike him lol

Hawaii 5-0
11-17-2012, 01:02 AM
look at terrell suggs teeth and gums, look like his momma had an affair with mister ed

there is a striking resemblance...

http://blogsohardsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Suggs.jpghttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UVKLZnoaNkk/ToyUhtZdT-I/AAAAAAAABN0/vleSUbSkZAo/s1600/mister-ed-3.jpg

WVABE
11-17-2012, 05:55 AM

i wouldn't even let him suck my dick, that's how much i dislike him lolC'mon mann-----let me Tugg on your Sugg.

:hug:

:kick:

steelfury02
11-17-2012, 07:11 AM
C'mon mann-----let me Tugg on your Sugg.

This is what I wake up to? Jesus.:wtf:

WVABE
11-17-2012, 07:53 AM
This is what I wake up to? Jesus.:wtf::rofl: good morning twinkle toes :sissies:

:peace:

JeromeBetties63
11-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Suggs came back way sooner than expected. Maybe he is a drama queen. Maybe he exaggerated his injury. Maybe he was half faking it so everyone would say how tough and amazing he is....

Atlanta Dan
11-17-2012, 08:28 AM

So many possible responses to this observation:chuckle:

Must ... resist ... responding

lotas
11-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Suggs is one hell of a football player, don't act like any one of you wouldn't love to have him playing on our side. I respect Suggs, I hate Lewis.

Millers the sh!t
11-17-2012, 10:44 AM
I like and respect suggs and lewis. Most of the ravens organization to be honest....

Fire Arians
11-17-2012, 11:23 AM
So many possible responses to this observation:chuckle:

Must ... resist ... responding

my bad i was about 10 beers in and trashed haha, i tend to say some outlandish shit when i had that much to drink lol

RichardCullinanForever
11-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Saying you hate Suggs would be like a Ravens fan saying he hates Hines, There's too much pride in the way. Suggs is an amazing player and those comments regarding Ben show that he has class. Tip my hat to him.

MasterOfPuppets
11-17-2012, 01:55 PM

http://i.imgur.com/pFve2.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
11-17-2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.dallasdancemusic.com/photos/data/500/gay_called.jpgC'mon mann-----let me Tugg on your Sugg.

fer522
11-17-2012, 02:13 PM

I'd pay to see him suck on your pecker :rofl:

LVSteelersfan
11-17-2012, 02:34 PM
This thread went South really early. It is wrong in way too many ways. For the record I hate that MF worse than I hate Ray Lewis and NO I would not want him on our team. After he got away with breaking Ben's nose with no penalty and no fine, I hate him with a passion. I don't care how good he is. He is dirty.

Fire Arians
11-17-2012, 02:43 PM
oh man, i should stay away from message boards when drunk :chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
11-17-2012, 03:19 PM

wow, you must really really hate him...:chuckle:

don't blame you though, I would be afraid of his teeth too...

http://www.canada.com/sports/5666663.bin?size=620x400

mikegrimey
11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
This thread went South really early. It is wrong in way too many ways. For the record I hate that MF worse than I hate Ray Lewis and NO I would not want him on our team. After he got away with breaking Ben's nose with no penalty and no fine, I hate him with a passion. I don't care how good he is. He is dirty.

You're being delusional. For one, Ngata broke Roethlisberger's nose, and Suggs is not a dirty player... Secondly who cares if you would want him on the team or not, there's probably a good reason why you're in no position to decide who's on/off a pro-football team.

SteelCityMom
11-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd pay to see him suck on your pecker :rofl:

FONN-0uoTHI

Atlanta Dan
11-17-2012, 04:30 PM
my bad i was about 10 beers in and trashed haha, i tend to say some outlandish shit when i had that much to drink lol

It's all good :chuckle:

Glad I did not respond with something probably only I would have thought was funny and tick off a valued poster:drink:

Cannot wait for Sunday night

Twentyvalve
11-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Living in Baltimore exposes me to the Ravens quite a bit. For what it is worth, Suggs is an alright guy. He keeps nothing personal, it is all on the field. The dude can play some football.

While I am at it, I will say that Ray Rice is a great guy. He is modest, soft spoken, and does quite a bit for the community. Flacco seems retarded. I am not kidding.

Oh well. There you have it.

Millers the sh!t
11-17-2012, 07:45 PM

Wasnt suggs who broke the nose, it was Hloti Ngata

Fire Arians
11-17-2012, 08:23 PM
It's all good :chuckle:

Glad I did not respond with something probably only I would have thought was funny and tick off a valued poster:drink:

Cannot wait for Sunday night

nah it's all good, i can take it haha.

no doubt sunday should be a good game. still sleeping it off :chuckle: