PDA

View Full Version : Official Fox News is BS thread

Vis
11-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Fox News "mole" Joe Muto visited HuffPost Live the other day (as our Priscilla previously posted) and confirmed something we've long suspected: that not even Fox News believes Dick Morris' predictions.

Muto said:

The people at Fox are not stupid. …They know when they have Dick Morris or one of these other pundits on predicting a landslide victory for Romney, people behind the scenes know that it’s all bluster. They know that this is sort of an entertainment. They know that a lot of these people are just hucksters and they’re trying either to sell a product – I guess in Dick Morris’ case subscriptions to his website or political consulting fees or something like that. …We producers behind the scenes know that this is all kind of a farce. The reason we don’t sort of step in and give more of a reality check to our audience is because that’s terrible for ratings.

As I've previously posted, Dick Morris recently admitted to Sean Hannity that he predicted Mitt Romney's landslide victory in order to help his then-floundering campaign. Although Morris insisted he had believed his own predictions, there is plenty to suggest in his comments that he knew he was exaggerating. At the very least, Morris' remark - that he felt it was his "duty at that point to go out and say what I said" - raises a lot of red flags about Morris' integrity as a Fox News "political analyst" and begs the question, what would he have said under other circumstances?

Now, Muto is saying that not even Fox believes what Morris says but that they promote his bluster because it's good for ratings.

So if Muto is right and Fox knows Morris is full of BS, does this not raise the question as to whether Morris deliberately says things he knows are not true - but sensational - to complete the vicious cycle of good-for-ratings dissembling?

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_mole_fox_knows_dick_morris_is_full_of_bs_ 11172012

Vis
11-18-2012, 07:29 AM
http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=jerry61138AE2E46-44C1-9BDE-710D-760288E92A51.jpg&width=380

MACH1
11-18-2012, 11:40 AM
More
Stupid
Nonstop
Bullshit
Continues

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=69633,filename=man-crush.jpg

tony hipchest
11-18-2012, 01:02 PM
bu...bu...bu...MSNBC???

:chuckle:

i dont watch msnbc, but i do think olberman is pretty damn funny and burns a hole in the republicans ass, everytime he speaks about them. i can see why they hate him. kinda the same with bill mahr. not a big fan, but his burns are schorching.

i admitt watching the election results, as soon as CNN called it for obama, i quickly turned to FOX to see the spin, and was blessed with the most embarrassing meltdown as karl rove stomped his feet and demanded the station recall its announcement that obama took ohio and had won.

if mel kiper jr. pulled a stunt like that during the NFL draft, his entire career would be flushed down the toilet (along with the legitimacy of anyone who employs him- ESPN).

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Recent screen shot from the GOP's answer to Pravda

http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e2017c339ac2f0970b-550wi

Imagine a media operation existing solely to promote a specific ideology:jawdrop:

tony hipchest
11-18-2012, 04:38 PM
so how is the national "scandal" FOX News exposed of iran firing at one of our drones working out?

obama been impeached yet?

have we mobilized a groundforce for invasion like war hero mitt romeny woulda done (and FOX woulda endorsed w/ patriotic flags awaving)?

again... as loud as a snowmobile, doing surveilance from heights that they cant be seen, add in a bit of stealth technology to thwart any real missles, and some outdated russian pea shooters arent that big of a concern.

i think we've dumped 2 here in the dirt just so the sr. airmen and ssgs can practice landing (see photo).

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/2011HAFBairshow397.jpg

theres big mystery surrounding these probably because their great kill ratio, and of images of them flying in Transformers movies at supersonic speeds, but if they were such a big deal, i dont think they would let me wipe them down with my rag. (supersonic propeller is located in the back)-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/2011HAFBairshow413.jpg

FOX News is a buch of propoganda pushing drama queens. its a shame cause their parent is such a great network.

ricardisimo
11-18-2012, 06:02 PM
I think Muto's absolutely correct. Fox News is entertainment, with a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to raise their ratings. I don't see any problem with this. No one should be getting news from the television, anyways.

I think the worst case scenario (and there is a plausible case for this) is to revoke their press passes across the board. They shouldn't have access to anything that Taylor Lautner or Taylor Swift or any of the other Taylor entertainers don't have. They should continue conducting interviews at the local Hooters and having O'Reilly fart onscreen. It's not like any of their news or opinion pieces are based on interviews or investigatory reporting anyway. They'd never miss it.

MACH1
11-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Isn't O'Reilly and the likes opinion shows?

As far as Rove goes his an idiot and it's not the first time he's thrown a temper tantrum on national tv.

I think lefties hate it because their sole existence doesn't revolve around gobbling obaaamas nut sack.

cubanstogie
11-18-2012, 06:47 PM

As far as Rove goes his an idiot and it's not the first time he's thrown a temper tantrum on national tv.

I think lefties hate it because their sole existence doesn't revolve around gobbling obaaamas nut sack.

exactly, like Chris Mathews. Nauseating how much he wants to blow Hussein. O'reilly at least has libs on to debate on every show. They usually get schooled by there conservative counterparts but at least the show is fair. Alan Colmes is the only bigger tool on TV than Mathews and his sister in law (monica crowley ) routinely sticks it to him. They always preach freedom of speech until its something they don't want to hear. Then the call it racism or sexism etc....If you are against gay marriage, guess what you suddenly hate them. If you think Hillary is in way over her head, you are sexist. They attack the only channel that sees things from a conservative side. Threatened is what they feel.

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2012, 07:08 PM

The problem might be Fox actually expects viewers to believe it is "fair and balanced," which indicates Fox regards its viewers to be morons

It might be particularly subtle satire for O'Reilly to bitch in the screen shot above about "leftist" media outlets pushing ideology with the implication that is a bad thing while getting paid by a network that has pioneered the business model for making big $$$ by playing to what your viewers regard to be a matter of truth rather than a matter of opinion

Mad props to Roger Ailes for making huge $$$ but as far as the "News" part of "Fox News" some of us are not impressed:chuckle:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk2UdXYLfTMDKPIQF3kEyfWpTnBZKt9 jXqgATBnlw0-iW15Y6-iA

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Threatened is what they feel.

Yep - they should feel threatened - looks like a Romney landslide and a GOP takeover of the Senate

http://unskewedpolls.com/map_unskewed_projection_10_25_2012.gif

tony hipchest
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
exactly, like Chris Mathews. Nauseating how much he wants to blow Hussein. O'reilly at least has libs on to debate on every show. They usually get schooled by there conservative counterparts but at least the show is fair. Alan Colmes is the only bigger tool on TV than Mathews and his sister in law (monica crowley ) routinely sticks it to him. They always preach freedom of speech until its something they don't want to hear. Then the call it racism or sexism etc....If you are against gay marriage, guess what you suddenly hate them. If you think Hillary is in way over her head, you are sexist. They attack the only channel that sees things from a conservative side. Threatened is what they feel.only old, angry, bitter republicans, who dont own a dog to kick watch MSNBC.

and who the hell watches chris matthews (besides you)? he is almost half as annoying as that sour twat hannity, which pretty much means he's the 2nd most annoying person in america.

and yes, i do sometimes watch hannity if if flipping through the channels ONLY because i wanna know how NOT to act and look if i wanna continue getting laid at any point in my life past the age of 45. :smile:

cubanstogie
11-18-2012, 07:29 PM
you actually think I was referring to the 47 percent or the 50 million people on food stamps as "threatened". They could care less about foreign policy or anyone in the middle class or higher. They care about what they get for free, and bringing down the big man, such as wealthy or powerful. Most probably don't even watch the news, they care more about the lates 50 cent CD and their I phone.

Atlanta Dan
11-18-2012, 09:02 PM
you actually think I was referring to the 47 percent or the 50 million people on food stamps as "threatened". They could care less about foreign policy or anyone in the middle class or higher. They care about what they get for free, and bringing down the big man, such as wealthy or powerful. Most probably don't even watch the news, they care more about the lates 50 cent CD and their I phone.

Why would the MSNBC commentators be "threatened" if over 50% of the electorate (e.g. - "gift recipients") is in the bag for the Dems?

Look at the scoreboard - your team lost - deal with it

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 06:39 AM

You are so screwed in the head if this is how you actually think.

Guess what. I used to be one of those people who needed help. We're not all the depraved boogeymen/women that FoxNews makes you think we are. You sound like a complete judgmental bastard when you say shit like that. I hope you realize, that warped opinions, such as this, is the reason that more and more people have come to despise mainstream Republicans. It's not for any of the reasons you mentioned, trust me. Thanks for helping to make us all look bad.

And yes, you need to get over the loss already. And look in the mirror when you want to find someone to blame for it. The crap you seem to like to spread played a big part in it.

tony hipchest
11-19-2012, 09:50 AM
And yes, you need to get over the loss already. And look in the mirror when you want to find someone to blame for it. The crap you seem to like to spread played a big part in it.Cubanstogie (ironic that he seems to favor tobacco from communist cuba rather than USA) is a prime example of why the republican party is an epic fail.

i wouldnt touch that cuban dirt weed unless i was enlisted and my life (or habit) depended on it, let alone advertize it as my screen name, as i try to push republican "values"

:doh:

cubanstogie
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Cubanstogie (ironic that he seems to favor tobacco from communist cuba rather than USA) is a prime example of why the republican party is an epic fail.

i wouldnt touch that cuban dirt weed unless i was enlisted and my life (or habit) depended on it, let alone advertize it as my screen name, as i try to push republican "values"

:doh:

I am sure you avoid all products from china too. Or, are you a hypocrite.

cubanstogie
11-19-2012, 10:48 AM
You are so screwed in the head if this is how you actually think.

Guess what. I used to be one of those people who needed help. We're not all the depraved boogeymen/women that FoxNews makes you think we are. You sound like a complete judgmental bastard when you say shit like that. I hope you realize, that warped opinions, such as this, is the reason that more and more people have come to despise mainstream Republicans. It's not for any of the reasons you mentioned, trust me. Thanks for helping to make us all look bad.

And yes, you need to get over the loss already. And look in the mirror when you want to find someone to blame for it. The crap you seem to like to spread played a big part in it.

Is it a warped opinion to think we are moving toward Europe, were most countries are going bankrupt.Do you really think I give a crap if the majority of voters, which are the 47 percent and a few more "despise" me and other so called mainstream Republicans. Their vote counted thats obvious, but not much else does. When I go to work every day, take my daughter to school or go to the gym I don't even see these people. I have accepted I am the minority as a Father, husband and someone who actually has a job and contibrutes to society. I don't really get how I am to blame though, since I pay my mortage, heath insurance, taxes and pretty soon I will be paying for other peoples as well.

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Is it a warped opinion to think we are moving toward Europe, were most countries are going bankrupt.Do you really think I give a crap if the majority of voters, which are the 47 percent and a few more "despise" me and other so called mainstream Republicans. Their vote counted thats obvious, but not much else does. When I go to work every day, take my daughter to school or go to the gym I don't even see these people. I have accepted I am the minority as a Father, husband and someone who actually has a job and contibrutes to society. I don't really get how I am to blame though, since I pay my mortage, heath insurance, taxes and pretty soon I will be paying for other peoples as well.

You are to blame because you perpetuate this notion that the 47%ers are somehow all freeloading jackwads who are lazy and never want to find a job or take care of their own families. (With your own statements, you just put me into that category, since as a former single mother, I needed help just to get by).

Let's see who you and FoxNews are alienating with these kinds of statements...since these folks just don't matter to you.

Here is what you've bough into...

“These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. … [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

Here is reality...

The vast majority of households that don’t pay federal income taxes are either elderly or paying payroll taxes. As you can see below, 60 percent of those who don’t pay income tax are still working and paying taxes for Social Security and Medicare. Their tax liability is just too low to qualify for the income tax. Another 22 percent of non-payers are retirees.

Only about 7.9 percent of households are not paying any federal taxes at all. That’s usually because they’re either unemployed or on disability or students or are very poor.

Many low-income workers don’t pay federal income taxes thanks, in part, to a series of tax cuts endorsed by Republicans over the years.

most (though not all) elderly households are excluded from paying taxes on their Social Security benefits. And low-income workers with children can qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. As Keith Hennessey explains, the latter was a major GOP initiative during the 1990s and 2000s, and conservatives used to tout them as vital poverty-reduction measures

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/09/18/who-doesnt-pay-taxes-in-charts/

Sorry, but just because you like to talk out of your ass with nothing to back it up except for some blowhard on FoxNews, doesn't make it true. Again, it's people like you who turn people off to Republicans. You folks brought this on yourselves. You're statements show what kind of truly depraved human being you are. I don't usually go off on people like this, trust me. But you are about as low as it gets. Acting like you're the only type of person who contributes to society. How fucking cocky of you.

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Put it this way...to Romney, I am one of the 47% who just suckles off the system and have no personal responsibility because I pay no income taxes. I don't collect welfare anymore (I'm since married, and am a stay at home mom/homeschooler now), but I make no income and pay no income taxes. In fact, my daughter and I are tax deductions. Both of you have just lumped me into a category of a "societal leech". Guess who I'm not fucking voting for or promoting. (And no, I didn't vote for Obama either.)

cubanstogie
11-19-2012, 11:22 AM
you are obtuse if you deny the entitlement society. Spew all the lame stats you want. Look around you. Why do you think people from other countries come here. I will tell you, free stuff. Extra money for having kids, medi cal, hospitals that have to treat you whether you have insurance or not. Lets not forget the dream act. These politicians are supposed to fix the illegal alien problem not make it worse with stupid crap like the dream act.

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 11:27 AM
I can see why you'd think those stats are lame...since they basically put everyone's grandma and grandpa in the entitlement society category.

Seriously...get your head out of your ass. All you're doing at this point is spouting bullshit you heard on the TV and parading it around as fact. You can't even suck up the manhood to admit you might be wrong in lumping everyone into one convenient category to make yourself feel superior. It's not as black and white as you portray it to be.

cubanstogie
11-19-2012, 12:04 PM
I can see why you'd think those stats are lame...since they basically put everyone's grandma and grandpa in the entitlement society category.

Seriously...get your head out of your ass. All you're doing at this point is spouting bullshit you heard on the TV and parading it around as fact. You can't even suck up the manhood to admit you might be wrong in lumping everyone into one convenient category to make yourself feel superior. It's not as black and white as you portray it to be.

its obvious you are but hurt because you were on welfare. Its not spouting BS, i actually see it every time I go to work. I don't claim the 47 percent are all leeches and that some don't deserve help. I certainly don't think the 20,000 people in the Philly who voted 100 percent for Obama deserve squat though. 50 million on food stamps. This president caters to those people. Why would they bite the hand that feeds them and vote him out. yes I know he won and I am in the minority. Thats the said part. The majority now believe marriage is between man and man, life is disposable and ask what this country can do for you instead of the other way around. And I am the one who is screwing up the country. too effing funny

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
its obvious you are but hurt because you were on welfare. Its not spouting BS, i actually see it every time I go to work. I don't claim the 47 percent are all leeches and that some don't deserve help. I certainly don't think the 20,000 people in the Philly who voted 100 percent for Obama deserve squat though. 50 million on food stamps. This president caters to those people. Why would they bite the hand that feeds them and vote him out. yes I know he won and I am in the minority. Thats the said part. The majority now believe marriage is between man and man, life is disposable and ask what this country can do for you instead of the other way around. And I am the one who is screwing up the country. too effing funny

It's not butthurt, it's utter disgust. And yes, you did claim the 47% are all leeches. "They could care less about foreign policy or anyone in the middle class or higher. They care about what they get for free, and bringing down the big man, such as wealthy or powerful. Most probably don't even watch the news, they care more about the lates 50 cent CD and their I phone."...Your EXACT words. Don't act all innocent about it now. Own your statements.

And yes, you are part of the problem. Instead of looking at something logically and rationally, you choose to spew nonsense with nothing but you're own opinion to back it up. You obviously had no clue what demographics make up the so called 47%, and then try as hard as you can to change the subject matter when you're called out on it. All you're doing is helping to divide the nation by buying into the rhetoric of "us vs. them". That's it. You actually just did it again in your statement there by ASSuming that all 50 million people on food stamps will only vote for democrats. Got news for you, that isn't so. And like I said, these are exactly the kind of closed minded opinions that turn people off to the Republican party. I wish like hell the GOP would distance itself from people like you, it's damaging them to hell and back.

Now run along and go tell someone's grandma what a 47%er they are, and how they should start to take responsibility for their own life. :rolleyes:

cubanstogie
11-19-2012, 12:31 PM
It's not butthurt, it's utter disgust. And yes, you did claim the 47% are all leeches. "They could care less about foreign policy or anyone in the middle class or higher. They care about what they get for free, and bringing down the big man, such as wealthy or powerful. Most probably don't even watch the news, they care more about the lates 50 cent CD and their I phone."...Your EXACT words. Don't act all innocent about it now. Own your statements.

And yes, you are part of the problem. Instead of looking at something logically and rationally, you choose to spew nonsense with nothing but you're own opinion to back it up. You obviously had no clue what demographics make up the so called 47%, and then try as hard as you can to change the subject matter when you're called out on it. All you're doing is helping to divide the nation by buying into the rhetoric of "us vs. them". That's it. You actually just did it again in your statement there by ASSuming that all 50 million people on food stamps will only vote for democrats. Got news for you, that isn't so. And like I said, these are exactly the kind of closed minded opinions that turn people off to the Republican party. I wish like hell the GOP would distance itself from people like you, it's damaging them to hell and back.

Now run along and go tell someone's grandma what a 47%er they are, and how they should start to take responsibility for their own life. :rolleyes:
I haven't changed any subject matter. I do think some I repeat some people on welfare or unemployment deserve it, I am not ignorant enough to think that all 50 mill on food stamps voted Obama. But I guarantee the majority did. Its like me saying blacks voted Obama. Of course not all did, but guess what 93 percent or so. That pretty close to all. I realize making me look like a villain and not caring about elderly would help your case but thats not what I think. You can keep saying it but I do think people need assistance, just not supported. Should be temporary.

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 12:48 PM
I haven't changed any subject matter. I do think some I repeat some people on welfare or unemployment deserve it, I am not ignorant enough to think that all 50 mill on food stamps voted Obama. But I guarantee the majority did. Its like me saying blacks voted Obama. Of course not all did, but guess what 93 percent or so. That pretty close to all. I realize making me look like a villain and not caring about elderly would help your case but thats not what I think. You can keep saying it but I do think people need assistance, just not supported. Should be temporary.

And it is temporary. I've told you this before, but you seem to have this notion that to receive welfare and foodstamps, you just get to sit back and do nothing. This is not the case. You have to (unless you are disabled) actively be employed, seeking employment, or be enrolled in job training programs to remain on welfare. Some states may give you a month to get enrolled in these programs, but I know in PA, you don't get benefits until you are set up in one of them. It may just surprise you to learn that many people on foodstamps actually do have a job, and pay payroll taxes...just many of them don't make enough to pay federal income taxes.

You saw the initial statement I quoted...how the hell else is someone supposed to take something like that? I showed you real facts and figures on who the people are who don't pay income taxes, and you called it lame. If you want to think the majority of those people are part of the entitlement society, that's your prerogative. I'm just telling you, in plain English, that thinking that way is false. Most are people who are elderly, or don't make enough money to pay income taxes. Many others are retirees or students who will one day pay income taxes. You lumped every single one of those people into a category of 47%ers and food stamp recipients who only care about what they can get for free. You should go back and read your statements again, and think about who these people really are. Some of them might even be part of your own family. *gasp*

In all seriousness though, I don't know how you even defend a position like that to someone's face, and then blame them for not wanting to be affiliated with the party that propagates that notion.

That's all I'll say on the topic. Anything else would just be me repeating myself.

silver & black
11-19-2012, 01:10 PM
LOL.... this whole thread is why politics suck.

Each side is right, without question :shake01:. No side wants/is willing to understand where the other is coming from. This is exactly how Congress operates.

Until people actually make an effort to work together and understand the other side, it will just be more of the same..... until there really is no fixing this country. Sadly, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Goodbye, America.

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 02:05 PM
LOL.... this whole thread is why politics suck.

Each side is right, without question :shake01:. No side wants/is willing to understand where the other is coming from. This is exactly how Congress operates.

Until people actually make an effort to work together and understand the other side, it will just be more of the same..... until there really is no fixing this country. Sadly, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Goodbye, America.

You know what...you're absolutely right.

And I want to apologize for the way I went off. It's not conducive to the kind of attitude I wish to promote, and in general, I just plain don't like getting pissed off that way.

I DO see your side of the argument cubanstogie. I'm not happy about illegals taking advantage of the system anymore than you are. And having been through the system, you better believe nothing pisses me off more than seeing someone abuse it. It's just a lot of the rhetoric in the past decade or so has shifted to lumping all people into these certain categories, and many people don't seem to want to take the time to realize that these generalizations actually hurt the points their trying to make. I've had people scream at me, with my daughter in tow, when I've used my EBT card, or WIC checks at the checkout. I've seen other people follow people out into the parking lot screaming obscenities at them because they think they are milking the system, when in reality, they are probably just trying to put food on the table. So yes, it's a sore topic for me.

I get tired of hearing people bitch about it, but never look at the reality of it, or rarely ever try to propose realistic solutions to the problem. What I don't think you do, is look at someone in this kind of economy, and tell them it's their fault for being poor, or that they just want to be freeloaders (though I'm sure you're right in saying there are some that feel this way). I just don't think it's as many as you want to claim it is. And it's certainly not the majority of 47%ers who don't pay income taxes.

I see this kind of attitude all over forums and my FB page, and it really is off putting to people. I would just urge you to really think about your overall position on the topic, and try to realize that maybe it's both sides working to divide the nations mentality. I think if you looked hard enough, you might just find more people who are just desperate right now, rather than thinking the majority are people who just want to be lazy and never work. Maybe it's just the area I live in, but the people I come into contact with here are just struggling to get by, and would give anything to be able to fully provide for themselves and their families.

Again, I do apologize for going off the way I did. And thanks for some perspective, silver & black.

tony hipchest
11-19-2012, 09:17 PM
You know what...you're absolutely right.

And I want to apologize for the way I went off. It's not conducive to the kind of attitude I wish to promote, and in general, I just plain don't like getting pissed off that way.

Again, I do apologize for going off the way I did. And thanks for some perspective, silver & black.

meh... i think you had every right to "go off". :hug:

cubanstogie
11-19-2012, 09:40 PM
meh... i think you had every right to "go off". :hug:

I will quote you Toni from a another thread. Who gives a $hit what you think.

ricardisimo
11-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Wait a second... is the claim here that 47% of Americans don't work? Or that 47% of Americans are collecting welfare?

tony hipchest
11-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Wait a second... is the claim here that 47% of Americans don't work? Or that 47% of Americans are collecting welfare?both, really.

according to that iceberg romeney who sunk the GOP titanic, in his secretly taped ($50,000/plate) campaign dinner, the 47% who support obama are ALL moochers suckling off the goverment teat and expecting free handouts (you know, veterans retirement, medicare, social security, foodstamps, unemployment, etc).

actually... i am incorrect/boarderline lying here. it was bu..bu...bush who sunk the GOP. :sofunny:

SteelCityMom
11-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Wait a second... is the claim here that 47% of Americans don't work? Or that 47% of Americans are collecting welfare?

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what...These are people who pay no income tax."

FoxNews and the GOP are so out of touch with the nation and its people that many of them actually believe this BS...and then they're left scratching their heads when their guy loses. Many people see or hear this statement and all that pops in their head is some black or hispanic person living in the ghetto sucking off the gov't teet. Then they think 'these welfare queens/kings are the 47%'. When in reality, the 47% is made up of old people and hard working low income families.

That notion is furthered by the fact that Romney then blames his loss on the "gifts" that Obama hands out to people (mainly black and hispanic people...because being poor and on welfare is a "gift" :rolleyes:).

When Romney thinks he’s behind closed doors and he’s just telling other people like him how politics really works, the picture he paints is so ugly as to be bordering on dystopic. It’s not just about class, but about worth, and legitimacy. His voters are worth something to the economy, they’re producers, and they respond to legitimate appeals about how to best manage the country. The Democrats’ voters are drags on the economy, moochers, and they respond to crass pay-offs.

Romney doesn't voice these opinions in public. He knows better. But so did the voters. That’s what you see in the overwhelming rejection Romney suffered among African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and young voters. They sensed that Romney fundamentally didn't respect them and their role in the economy, and they were right. It's easier for those that supported him though to take the easy road and blame it on welfare.

silver & black
11-20-2012, 09:32 AM
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what...These are people who pay no income tax."

FoxNews and the GOP are so out of touch with the nation and its people that many of them actually believe this BS...and then they're left scratching their heads when their guy loses. Many people see or hear this statement and all that pops in their head is some black or hispanic person living in the ghetto sucking off the gov't teet. Then they think 'these welfare queens/kings are the 47%'. When in reality, the 47% is made up of old people and hard working low income families.

That notion is furthered by the fact that Romney then blames his loss on the "gifts" that Obama hands out to people (mainly black and hispanic people...because being poor and on welfare is a "gift" :rolleyes:).

When Romney thinks he’s behind closed doors and he’s just telling other people like him how politics really works, the picture he paints is so ugly as to be bordering on dystopic. It’s not just about class, but about worth, and legitimacy. His voters are worth something to the economy, they’re producers, and they respond to legitimate appeals about how to best manage the country. The Democrats’ voters are drags on the economy, moochers, and they respond to crass pay-offs.

Romney doesn't voice these opinions in public. He knows better. But so did the voters. That’s what you see in the overwhelming rejection Romney suffered among African-Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and young voters. They sensed that Romney fundamentally didn't respect them and their role in the economy, and they were right. It's easier for those that supported him though to take the easy road and blame it on welfare.
I agree, the GOP is out of touch. It is a very divided party, right now. The GOP needs to learn that Blacks, Hispanics, single mothers, people down on their luck, and young people vote.

It's time for the GOP to come to terms with the reality of today's world. If it doesn't get all the different factions of the party under one roof, it will never be relevant again.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that the concerns and opinions expressed by GOP supporters are all wrong, just because they lost the election. This is what I was saying about working together and making an effort to understand the concerns of each party, because both have legitimate bitches, and both are right/wrong about a lot of things.

Politics has turned into Dems against Repubs, instead of working together for the common good of the country and it's citizens. I'd love to see a third...... and even a fourth party become relevant. Unfortunately, that will never happen. BOTH parties will have none of it. .................And the bullshit feud will continue. Hatfields - McCoys/Dems - Repubs................. what's the difference?

SteelCityMom
11-20-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't disagree...and to be honest, as much as I dislike the GOP right now, that doesn't mean I have any kind of soft spot for the Dems either.

ricardisimo
11-20-2012, 02:06 PM
No one need worry their pretty little heads about the GOP. They have a built-in savior in the Democratic Party. These two exist to support each other. Neither one is going away anytime soon, barring a revolution.

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2012, 06:46 PM
A new electoral map from the man who entertained everyone with Unskewed Polls:drink:

Spoiler alert - Obama did not get 270 electoral votes:tt03:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/content/dailybeast/articles/2012/11/20/barack-o-fraudo/jcr%3acontent/body/inlineimage.img.503.png/1353428868180.cached.png

http://www.barackofraudo.com/