PDA

View Full Version : mike adams

Millers the sh!t
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Am I still alone that this guy is a fucking cancer to our offense? Anyone who says he's progressing or coming along nicely is blind.

Fire Arians
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
i dunno but we gotta make it work with what we got. haley needs to give him help if he can't handle his assignment

leftwich isn't gonna make plays if the pocket collapses, he is not ben

Hawaii 5-0
11-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Mike Adams is a rookie who is being forced to start and play before he's ready.

Steelers need to give him some help against Kruger...

Millers the sh!t
11-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Mike Adams is a rookie who is being forced to start and play before he's ready.

Steelers need to give him some help against Kruger...

Steelers need to give him some help against Steven Hawkins.

At least you guys aren't saying he's playing well. Thanks for not calling me a liar.

GoFor7
11-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Needless to say, Gilbert is probably getting the starting job back when he's healthy.

austinfrench76
11-18-2012, 09:01 PM
A couple of weeks ago people are calling him a stud now Gilbert's getting his job back?? Adam's is young. Let him play. Give him some TE help. They will be fine.

3rdandlong
11-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Man needs help on pass protection. Plain and simple. With Byron's incredibly slow wind up and delivery I hold my breath even more when he drops back to pass.

lloydwoodson
11-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Adams is going to be a starter on the oline for a long time. I would leave him at RT even when Gilbert comes back. He is going to be better than Gilbert in the long run. Adams has a great attitude (love how he sticks up for his teammates and works all the way through plays) and amazing feet. I think he needs to get stronger and improve his technique but he is going to be really good.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Adams is going to be a starter on the oline for a long time. I would leave him at RT even when Gilbert comes back. He is going to be better than Gilbert in the long run. Adams has a great attitude (love how he sticks up for his teammates and works all the way through plays) and amazing feet. I think he needs to get stronger and improve his technique but he is going to be really good.

very sensible post. Adams just isnt strong enough physically or technically to just shut down good pass rushers, but he has very good play mixed in with 4 or 5 plays a game where he gets beat. Problem is that is all some fans see are the mistakes.

tony hipchest
11-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Am I still alone that this guy is a fucking cancer to our offense? Anyone who says he's progressing or coming along nicely is blind.

c'mon man... nobody is calling you a cancer to this board, so why dont you extend our ONLY starting rookie the same courtesey. :smile:

:thumbsup:

mike adams played the same he has all year, the only difference being the qb under center.

teegre
11-19-2012, 12:31 AM
mike adams played the same he has all year, the only difference being the qb under center.

That... and Suggs, Kruger, and Ngata are sort of... uh... good.

bhandsome08
11-19-2012, 01:02 AM

I have to agree. With Ben, the offense is more up tempo and he gets rid of the ball quicker. Which meant Adams never really had to protect the QB for too long. I like him in run blocking a lot. I think he's gonna be a starter in Pittsburgh for a long time, along with DD, Gilbert, and Pouncey.

dez09231
11-19-2012, 01:04 AM
He's a rookie. Not every lineman is Pouncey right off the bat.

lloydwoodson
11-19-2012, 01:07 AM
That... and Suggs, Kruger, and Ngata are sort of... uh... good.

I might be alone in this but I honestly think Suggs is the most overrated player in the NFL. It was an absolute travesty that he got DPOY last year. Jared Allen should have got it with 22 sacks, and if not him then JPP. I made a post about this before but Suggs had 3 or 4 huge games with multiple sacks (thanks for giving our rival DPOY on your way out Rollerskates) and got absolutely shut down in multiple contests. He was nonexistent tonight too other than the nice play he made cutting the legs out of the pulling blocker in the backfield (Colon I guess).

Yeah I just checked the stat line for the DPOY. Suggs had 1 tackle and 2 assists in the biggest game of the Ravens season thus far and maybe the game that sealed their divisional win. He got blocked one on one by Miller more than once. To be fair he is coming back from injury.

bhandsome08
11-19-2012, 01:18 AM
It was an absolute travesty that he got DPOY last year. Jared Allen should have got it with 22 sacks, and if not him then JPP.

I thought this too. Jared Allen was a total beast last season. There were at least 2-3 players more deserving of the DPOY.

Blonde Bomber
11-19-2012, 06:03 AM
I admit I am not a college football watcher, I have better things to do on Saturday. My nephew, however went to school with Adams, and as soon as we drafted him, my nephew was on the horn telling me that he was a lazy blocker. I hope he turns out to be that longtime starter we want though.

Rick5895
11-19-2012, 06:21 AM
It seems after every loss, there is a few people who want to scapegoat a player or two. This time its seems to be Adams. Adams played no differently than he has all season. He is a very good run blocker but hasn't yet developed enough strength to "stick" a player on the pass rush. That will come as will technique. Of the three sacks last night, 1 was from Ngata up the A gap, the other was from a DB coming from the left side. Kruger gave Adams fits all night, but then Kruger is a pretty damn goods player.
This id is a rookie and not every rookie OT is going to play like Munoz, Long, Boselli etc. Adams will be fine.

MDSteel15
11-19-2012, 07:15 AM
I might be alone in this but I honestly think Suggs is the most overrated player in the NFL. It was an absolute travesty that he got DPOY last year. Jared Allen should have got it with 22 sacks, and if not him then JPP. I made a post about this before but Suggs had 3 or 4 huge games with multiple sacks (thanks for giving our rival DPOY on your way out Rollerskates) and got absolutely shut down in multiple contests. He was nonexistent tonight too other than the nice play he made cutting the legs out of the pulling blocker in the backfield (Colon I guess).

Yeah I just checked the stat line for the DPOY. Suggs had 1 tackle and 2 assists in the biggest game of the Ravens season thus far and maybe the game that sealed their divisional win. He got blocked one on one by Miller more than once. To be fair he is coming back from injury.

Horse sh!+... He's been back long enough! No Excuses!!! :banging: :banging: :banging:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-19-2012, 09:14 AM
This id is a rookie and not every rookie OT is going to play like Munoz, Long, Boselli etc. Adams will be fine.

Thank you for more rational thought.

Most think a pothead that didnt play college ball for a full season last year and can only bench 14 reps of 225lbs should be an all pro by his rookie season. :doh:

Rotorhead
11-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Adams was fine, he gets beat on the speed rush on the outside, other tgan that he is fine. When he figures that out out he will be solid. At least he is not taking out all our Oline each game!

steelfury02
11-19-2012, 10:18 AM
the fact that Ben's sack total is down is a testament to the line, and Haley's influence - Mike Adams was not the reason for last night's loss IMO - special teams was (as was some odd play calling IMO on two 3rd and short instances)

Darkstorm05
11-19-2012, 11:51 AM
I think everyone is aware that Adams get humiliated a few times a game. But he's a rookie. And not a top 10 pick rookie, either. He has so much long term potential, though, that this NEEDS to be happening the way it is. He is getting better, but you pull him now and his improvement will slow down, and his confidence might take a big hit.

Steelersfan87
11-19-2012, 10:02 PM
One thing Gilbert hadn't done before getting injured: give up a sack.

NoFieldFive
11-20-2012, 12:33 AM
any way Adams can sit and the line be shifted so Legursky can play? it's taking 2 guys to block Adams guy.

Hawaii 5-0
11-20-2012, 12:45 AM
any way Adams can sit and the line be shifted so Legursky can play? it's taking 2 guys to block Adams guy.

Legs could play RG and Foster could play RT but it's highly doubtful the Steelers make that move unless Adams or Starks got injured.

TheVet
11-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Before he went down with his injury, Gilbert had been beaten by the pass rush just as badly and regularly as Adams. Also, Adams clearly seems to be the better run blocker. At this point, Adams might not be behind Gilbert. Honestly, they both look like rookies.

Just saying.

Hawaii 5-0
11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Before he went down with his injury, Gilbert had been beaten by the pass rush just as badly and regularly as Adams. Also, Adams clearly seems to be the better run blocker. At this point, Adams might not be behind Gilbert. Honestly, they both look like rookies.

Just saying.

Marcus Gilbert showed a lot of promise last season as a rookie but seriously regressed this season. I hope he can get his game back on track as I would love to see Gilbert and Adams be our bookend OTs for many years to come.

TheVet
11-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Marcus Gilbert showed a lot of promise last season as a rookie but seriously regressed this season. I hope he can get his game back on track as I would love to see Gilbert and Adams be our bookend OTs for many years to come.

I agree, and in fact I've written the same thing here several times. Gilbert's second year regression was a big surprise to me.

Preseason, I was hoping that Adams could progress rapidly enough to be the starting LT, with Starks providing depth at either OT position, which is where he belongs on an NFL caliber line. Really, that looked to be an achievable goal. But then came the Adams injury, and there wasn't any chance to to progress before the season. And of course, Gilbert surprisingly regressed badly. Suddenly, Starks is the only OT who's playing "at the line."

It's been a bummer, but we'll let these two guys keep plugging away.

Steelersfan87
11-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Gilbert was doing fine. As I said, he didn't give up a sack. And as for the running back, the entire line was uncoordinated in their efforts and Haley wasn't calling suitable plays. There were a lot more reasons for the running game picking up outside of just Adams starting. Like Colon adjusting to his spot, Haley learning what works, Dwyer coming out of the doghouse after his fumble, etc. Plus, that ignores the good game that Mendenhall had against the Eagles.

TheVet
11-21-2012, 01:18 PM
It doesn't matter whether Gilbert directly gave up a sack or not. He's been beaten repeatedly in pass defense. The fact that Ben has been able to escape doesn't excuse his poor protection. Stats are fun to look at, but watch the game!

Hawaii 5-0
11-21-2012, 01:35 PM
ReFo: Ravens @ Steelers, Week 11

Sam Monson | 2012/11/20

Nightmare on Elm St.

The Steelers surrendered a reasonable amount of pressure, and the worst source was on the right side of their line where rookie right tackle Mike Adams simply couldn’t block Paul Kruger, who had a pair of sacks, three hits and five additional hurries from his 29 pass rushes. Despite a couple of missed tackles in the run game that hurt his grade, Kruger still finished with a +5.1 overall mark for his day’s work. Cris Collinsworth drew attention to the source of Kruger’s success during the game — an outstanding display of hand use during his rush. He was able to consistently beat Adams on contact by swatting the big tackle’s hands to the side and turning the corner against a bigger player whose leverage had been destroyed by one quick bit of hand fighting. You hear a lot about pass rushers needing to use their hands during their rushes. Watch this game from Kruger for a master class.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/20/refo-ravens-steelers-week-11/

Millers the sh!t
11-22-2012, 05:55 PM
c'mon man... nobody is calling you a cancer to this board, so why dont you extend our ONLY starting rookie the same courtesey. :smile:

:thumbsup:

You're right he has played the same all year, in fact he's played the same since week one pre season..... No progression, dudes a flunky.

Sorry I'm not a top contributor to the board like you. I have a life.

SteelersCanada
11-22-2012, 06:07 PM
He's a rookie tackle playing on the opposite side he played in college before he's fully ready. Saying he's a "cancer to the line" is unbelievably stupid. He's progressing nicely, but doesn't have that quick first step yet because he's a rookie. If Miller chips and heads off into his route, Adams is fine. He just needs help with the first second or so and he's fine. He did a great job with Kerrigan, but struggled with Tuck and Kruger. That being said, there's many, many tackles that struggle with Kruger and especially Tuck - one of the leagues best pass rushers.

Give him time. Calling him a cancer is ridiculous.

harrison'samonster
11-22-2012, 06:25 PM
overall the line is coming together and playing very well. I saw Adams having big trouble against the Ravens, but hopefully he'll learn from it

In the meantime I wonder what Flozell is up to these days.

ricardisimo
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
You're right he has played the same all year, in fact he's played the same since week one pre season..... No progression, dudes a flunky.

Sorry I'm not a top contributor to the board like you. I have a life.
Oh, yeah, posting like a real champ here. "Cancer"? Really?

Millers the sh!t
11-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Oh, yeah, posting like a real champ here. "Cancer"? Really?

Yeah really, cause he KILLS drives.

You know how many times I've read "CANCER of the locker room" on this site?

Gimmie a break........

PhantomJB93
11-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I mean, he didn't come onto the scene and play like a Pro-Bowler like Pouncey, but cut the guy some slack. He's hardly a "cancer to the line." He heasn't been great but clearly you must not remember the days of Jonathan Scott, because Adams looks like freakin Joe Thomas when compared to him.

Adams will be fine.

Millers the sh!t
11-23-2012, 08:38 AM
I hope ur right phantom. By the amount of playing time this guy has, I would assume by now that he shouldn't be allowing sacks just about every pass play where he don't have miller/rb there to help him.

The dude just looks awful to me. Two left feet, lazy, always let's men blow by him with minimal effort and falls for the same moves over and over and over and over.

He should be playing a tad smarter than he is by now. I don't see this guy being even average after 3 seasons of experience.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Miller, I know that what you see is the plays that Adams gets beat and its unacceptable to you. But there are plays that he does quite well and has shown progression since the preseason...its just that they dont get hilighted on TV by the announcers.

So many people thought we got a steal when we got Adams and he was going to start at LT right away. I had my reservations as I saw his inconsistent play at Ohio St and lack of strength. I maintain that if Adams learns better hand placement, gets stronger and works on a consistent pass set....the guy can be much better than Max Starks has ever been.

Millers the sh!t
11-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Miller, I know that what you see is the plays that Adams gets beat and its unacceptable to you. But there are plays that he does quite well and has shown progression since the preseason...its just that they dont get hilighted on TV by the announcers.

So many people thought we got a steal when we got Adams and he was going to start at LT right away. I had my reservations as I saw his inconsistent play at Ohio St and lack of strength. I maintain that if Adams learns better hand placement, gets stronger and works on a consistent pass set....the guy can be much better than Max Starks has ever been.

I think the first thing he should work on is the mental aspect of it. When I see an end lined up in front of him, I don't know what Adams is thinking but he always seems to look and move in the wrong direction and the D-End blows by him then Adams tries to play party cake with him to stop the rush which never happens. It's almost reminds me of a bad quarterback who decides that he is going to throw to a certain player before the ball is snapped. Then throws an INT.

I've seen Adams make some decent blocks and I've seen him make lots of TERRIBLE attempts at what I guess I'll call a block. It doesn't take play by play analysis to notice things on the field unless it's in the secondary. I don't base my judgement of a player or team based on what analysts say or what any board member says. I understand he's a rookie and he ain't gonna be perfect, but all I have to say is this guy probably put his hand on the stove 15 times before he started believing it was hot, then continues to check annually to make sure it's still hot. Slow, and lazy learner, who's mental strength and abilities match his physical.

ricardisimo
11-23-2012, 08:59 PM
You're overreacting, that's all I can say. He's OK now, and he'll steadily get better. He's also playing RT, which is supposedly easier, but not when you've only played left you're entire career.

The_Joker
11-23-2012, 09:02 PM
You're overreacting, that's all I can say. He's OK now, and he'll steadily get better. He's also playing RT, which is supposedly easier, but not when you've only played left you're entire career.

This. He will be a fine starter when Starks calls it a career.

TheVet
11-24-2012, 01:11 AM
Adams looks a hell of a lot better than Starks ever did in his first 4-5 seasons or so.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-24-2012, 09:25 AM
I think the first thing he should work on is the mental aspect of it. When I see an end lined up in front of him, I don't know what Adams is thinking but he always seems to look and move in the wrong direction and the D-End blows by him then Adams tries to play party cake with him to stop the rush which never happens. It's almost reminds me of a bad quarterback who decides that he is going to throw to a certain player before the ball is snapped. Then throws an INT.

I've seen Adams make some decent blocks and I've seen him make lots of TERRIBLE attempts at what I guess I'll call a block. It doesn't take play by play analysis to notice things on the field unless it's in the secondary. I don't base my judgement of a player or team based on what analysts say or what any board member says. I understand he's a rookie and he ain't gonna be perfect, but all I have to say is this guy probably put his hand on the stove 15 times before he started believing it was hot, then continues to check annually to make sure it's still hot. Slow, and lazy learner, who's mental strength and abilities match his physical.

He doesnt have a balanced pass protection set and a decent kick slide YET. That is what you are seeing. He needs to "double tap" with his right foot while kicking back and at the same time keep his shoulders square to the Line Of Scrimmage so he can be ready for the outside rush, or close down the inside with a good power step.

Its technique and consistency of technique. The offensive line is more technical than people think. I agree that his technique is inconsistent and sloppy at times...........I said this when he was drafted. I just think you are overexaggerating the frequency of the breakdowns.

Danny136200
11-24-2012, 10:22 AM

I actually thought he was doing okay until the Ravens game. He got no help and was abused by Krugar.

But still, he is a rookie, so give him some slack, he will be fine.

ShutDown24
11-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Mike Adams is awful. He needs to improve A LOT before he's worthy of seeing the field. Can't pass block, weak run blocker, shitty movement, doesn't know what to do with his hands. I still think he can develop into something, but it's going to be a season or two.

wera176
11-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah really, cause he KILLS drives.

You know how many times I've read "CANCER of the locker room" on this site?

Gimmie a break........

Ummm, I don't think you understand what the phrase "cancer in the locker room" means. It doesn't have anything to do with a rookie being thrown in over his head and having to learn A LOT and struggling....

Hawaii 5-0
11-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Mike Adams is awful. He needs to improve A LOT before he's worthy of seeing the field. Can't pass block, weak run blocker, shitty movement, doesn't know what to do with his hands.

although Adams has been struggling as a pass blocker he's been pretty good as a run blocker.

desertsteel
11-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Personally, I like Adam's potential. This is his baptism by fire.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Mike Adams is awful. He needs to improve A LOT before he's worthy of seeing the field. Can't pass block, weak run blocker, shitty movement, doesn't know what to do with his hands. I still think he can develop into something, but it's going to be a season or two.

I will respectfully disagree with this statement.

Adams actually does a good job in the run game getting movement on defenders. He also does a decent job in pass blocking if you watch line play for the entire game and not just the 3- 5 times a game he gives up a QB pressure or sack.

NFL D linemen are better than who he saw at Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, etc last year. Every snap is a learning experience for him.

steelax04
11-24-2012, 03:02 PM
I will respectfully disagree with this statement.

Adams actually does a good job in the run game getting movement on defenders. He also does a decent job in pass blocking if you watch line play for the entire game and not just the 3- 5 times a game he gives up a QB pressure or sack.

NFL D linemen are better than who he saw at Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, etc last year. Every snap is a learning experience for him.

We should start an "Offensive Line Review" sticky for you El-Gonzo... After every game review the play of the O-line. You always have great insights on the O-line play.

Edman
11-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Mike Adams reminds me of Young Max Starks.

Road-Grader, but mediocre pass blocker. Adams will struggle as a rookie, but he's done a decent job.

GoFor7
11-24-2012, 03:27 PM
I'll give my non knee-jerkish reaction to Mike Adams:

As a run blocker, he's pretty good - perhaps even a little better than Gilbert. But as a pass blocker, he's got a lot of room for improvement. Now this begs the question: Can the Steelers afford to keep him in there if/when Gilbert is healthy? Some would say "you have to keep him in so he gets better!" While there's some truth to that, keep two things in mind: First, Ben will eventually be back. Do you want someone who's suspect in pass blocking protecting a QB coming off an injury? Second, if a TE helps him with pass protection that takes away a receiving option.

Given all that, I personally would lean towards starting Gilbert if he can get cleared to play.

TheVet
11-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Do you want someone who's suspect in pass blocking protecting a QB coming off an injury?

Given all that, I personally would lean towards starting Gilbert if he can get cleared to play.

The problem is that Gilbert is equally suspect in pass blocking. This year has really been a big regression for him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-24-2012, 04:53 PM
The problem is that Gilbert is equally suspect in pass blocking. This year has really been a big regression for him.

I'll agree with this year not being great for Gilbert, but I think a lot of it has to do with the injuries and the Steelers planning in preseason to anoint Adams as the opening day LT.

All the fanboys that got on the Adams bandwagon in the preseason are now hating on the guy. I thought that all along it would be better for him to learn at RT instead of Ben's blind side. I think that if Gilbert is given the chance to be the LT of the future, that he can.

I've been disgruntled about the lack of O line talent for around 7 years now and am really excited at the prospects of Decastro, Pouncey, Colon, Gilbert, Adams, Foster and Beechum. Although I think Foster goes in free agency next season.

ricardisimo
11-24-2012, 08:36 PM
I was certain that Foster was going to be relegated to backup from this season forward, but how impressive has it been that his name has barely been mentioned at all here, in the press, or on the field? Kudos to him, and many thanks.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-24-2012, 09:19 PM
I was certain that Foster was going to be relegated to backup from this season forward, but how impressive has it been that his name has barely been mentioned at all here, in the press, or on the field? Kudos to him, and many thanks.

I remember Wolfley saying inthe preseason to not count out "The Big Ragu". He's always been a mauler and may likely go the Keydrick Vincent route and get paid by somebody else in the offseason.

I still think if Urbik and Foster were on the roster that we may have been just fine at guard and likely could have drafted Hightower in the 1st round this year instead of needing a guard.

austinfrench76
11-24-2012, 11:22 PM
I agree that if Urbik and Foster were on the roster we would have been better off at guard but I don't believe they would have passed on a guy like Decastro regardless. We got very lucky with him falling to us. I also agree that it is nice to see some oline talent! One problem is that Gilbert keeps wiping out his fellow olineman! I think you play the beat guy. No matter what. The coaching staff is gonna have to make some tough decisions! Let's just get the W tomorrow and see where that puts us! Go Steelers...

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-25-2012, 12:18 AM
We should start an "Offensive Line Review" sticky for you El-Gonzo... After every game review the play of the O-line. You always have great insights on the O-line play.

Thanks, but the problem is ........that nobody would really care about such a review column. I love O line play and know what it means to an offense, if the majority dont care....its OK.

Bob Wylie (Hipcheese knows of him) is an O line coach and guru that runs an O line group called The Mushroom Society. http://www.thecoolclinic.com/ The name comes because O line coaches are kept in the dark and fed manure and still thrive. Very few care about O line play, we get the plays the O Coordinator wants to run and get told to "block it up".

I wasnt a fan of Adams in the 1st, but happy we got him in the 2nd. He's got worldbeater talent, but eggbeater technique and consistency. If Kugler can put it together, the kid will be a pro bowler.

tanda10506
11-27-2012, 12:41 AM
Any update on Adams' injury? Beachum will get ate up in Baltimore, we need either Gilbert or Adams to play and play well this weekend.

Seems like they are rushing DD back, if he could just begin running two weeks ago then I doubt he's ready to hit 320lbs men.

Another huge question is how soon will Colon be back and will his injury linger? He has been a huge improvement at LG.

Hawaii 5-0
11-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Any update on Adams' injury? Beachum will get ate up in Baltimore, we need either Gilbert or Adams to play and play well this weekend.

the Steelers placed Marcus Gilbert on IR today, so it won't be him.

Hawaii 5-0
11-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Mike Adams of Steelers could miss 'significant' time

By Marc Sessler
Nov. 27, 2012

The bad news keeps coming for the battered offensive line of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora reported Tuesday that starting right tackle Mike Adams is expected to miss a significant amount of time after suffering a high ankle sprain in Sunday's loss to the Cleveland Browns. At his Tuesday morning news conference, coach Mike Tomlin listed Adams as out for Week 13's game against the Baltimore Ravens.

Pittsburgh has been forced all season to shift players around on the line. Rookie Kelvin Beachum stepped in for Adams on Sunday, who was already filling in for the injured Marcus Gilbert, who was placed on injured-reserve this week.

The Steelers do gain some flexibility after activating guard David DeCastro, their first-round pick who hasn't played yet due to a knee injury suffered in the preseason.

Another intriguing depth-chart move: Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Tuesday that coach Mike Tomlin has listed Mike Wallace *or* Emmanuel Sanders across from Antonio Brown. That's a first for the Steelers, but Wallace struggled Sunday, pulling down just one catch against the Browns.

There's options at wideout, but the Steelers cannot afford another injury in the trenches.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000101684/article/mike-adams-of-steelers-could-miss-significant-time