PDA

View Full Version : Time to look for the future

SteelerNation89
11-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Big Ben is not going to play forever. I think it is time to look in the draft for a suitable QB for the future. Byron Leftwich is awful and no other way to say it!!

Fire Arians
11-18-2012, 10:39 PM
anyone else think batch coulda done better? i do :)

Lady Steel
11-18-2012, 10:40 PM
anyone else think batch coulda done better? i do :)

Me!

casteeler
11-18-2012, 10:40 PM
I've been saying this for 2 years now. The QB situation has now slapped the Steelers in the face

steelerchad
11-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Well, easy to say now. I thought Lefty was the right choice going in. Batch has looked damn shaky when I've seen him in the past. At his age, I don't think it would have been any better.

defence
11-18-2012, 10:42 PM
What is so sad about this. The Steelers d was awesome. Offensive line was good. Running game was good. Leftwich is terrible and should never start again. He wouldn't make a cfl team here in Canada. Brutal!!

FacemeIke
11-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Maybe I'm missing someone, but I can't think of one #2 QB in the league that I'd be comfortable stepping into the offense and leading us to 30 pnts a game. He's not great, but #2s in the league are bad all around. Byron has to at least be in the top half of #2s in the league. Idk what people expect out of a #2 QB

steelersfan77
11-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Who else you gonna play? Batch is even more fragile than leftwich

lloydwoodson
11-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Big Ben is not going to play forever. I think it is time to look in the draft for a suitable QB for the future. Byron Leftwich is awful and no other way to say it!!

Leftwich and Batch both need to be gone at the end of the season. I can not believe how badly Batch was just disrespected. He has been a consummate professional in his role as a backup for years. For Tomlin to make Batch watch that fiasco helplessly from the bench is an abomination. I am disgusted at the lack of confidence shown towards Batch.

fate0521
there's a reason the backups are the backups

defence
Maybe I'm missing someone, but I can't think of one #2 QB in the league that I'd be comfortable stepping into the offense and leading us to 30 pnts a game. He's not great, but #2s in the league are bad all around. Byron has to at least be in the top half of #2s in the league. Idk what people expect out of a #2 QB

You are kidding right???

lloydwoodson
11-18-2012, 10:50 PM
there's a reason the backups are the backups

I don't expect miracles. What I do expect is that the player who gives the team the best chance to win sees the field. I will take a healthy Batch over a badly hurt Leftwich any day.

FacemeIke
11-18-2012, 10:51 PM
You are kidding right???

No and thats no answer at all. You think he's so bad, then tell me what #2s in the league are better? Kolb? Orton? Flynn? They are about the only "decent" ones I can think of. You're not going to get Drew Brees as a back up

casteeler
11-18-2012, 10:53 PM
I took a lot of S*%# a week ago for suggesting that the Steelers should have taken Cousins instead of Spence in the 3rd round, seems like a grand idea now

defence
11-18-2012, 10:55 PM
No and thats no answer at all. You think he's so bad, then tell me what #2s in the league are better? Kolb? Orton? Flynn? They are about the only "decent" ones I can think of. You're not going to get Drew Brees as a back up

Listen; no disrespect to you at all. We are all pissed right now because had we had Ben in there tonight; we would have smoked this team. But this guy sucks ass. I would be more comfortable with anybody in the NFL or out of it for that matter than this shlepp!! Sorry man!! The good; I hope to god Ben is back soon cause this d is coming together and if we get some guys back; watch out!!

FacemeIke
11-18-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm just saying everyone is freaking out and expecting us to have the 2nd coming of Johnny Unitas as a #2 QB. It's not going to happen. When the #2 is in there it takes a team effort to pull out wins. We got about what we expected out of Byron and other parts let us down tonight

defence
11-18-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm just saying everyone is freaking out and expecting us to have the 2nd coming of Johnny Unitas as a #2 QB. It's not going to happen. When the #2 is in there it takes a team effort to pull out wins. We got about what we expected out of Byron and other parts let us down tonight

I don't buy that. He should have been pulled. He was frikin horrible. Couldn't manage a game clock. Burnt 2 timeouts. Couldn't read the over load blitz. Basic shit!! Couldn"t make throws to wide open receivers. Steelers need a real back up. This guy wouldn't make any other team in the nfl.

Terminator
11-18-2012, 11:08 PM
If that was the best showing against the 27th ranked defense in the league, than I am not impressed. I am not fucking impressed at all. That might have been the most pitiful, awkward quarterbacking I've seen since our 3rd stringer in high school came in.

And to injure yourself falling in the endzone with no one around you? Really? Is Lefty capable of playing a game without injuring himself?

Where the hell was Batch after Lefty got injured?

defence
11-18-2012, 11:16 PM
If that was the best showing against the 27th ranked defense in the league, than I am not impressed. I am not fucking impressed at all. That might have been the most pitiful, awkward quarterbacking I've seen since our 3rd stringer in high school came in.

And to injure yourself falling in the endzone with no one around you? Really? Is Lefty capable of playing a game without injuring himself?

Where the hell was Batch after Lefty got injured?

I agree with you 100 percent. I was waiting for Tomlin to pull the plug on this freak show. Another one slipped away!! But i'm keeping positive (as long as this clown doesn't play again). I believe if we get our injured back; we will be a force!!

stb_steeler
11-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Gonna be even more interesting next week...
Lefty...Batch...Lefty...Batch.....:noidea:

casteeler
11-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Gonna be even more interesting next week...
Lefty...Batch...Lefty...Batch.....:noidea:

I don't think Leftwich should have a job in Pittsburgh after last night.Seems extreme but the guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and looked as confused as if they were to have plucked him from the stands and told him he was starting at QB

torpedoshell31
11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't think we should use our first round draft pick on a QB, but it wouldn't hurt to start looking in the 3rd or 4th round next year for at least someone who would be serviceable he had to come into the game.
As far as next week I think we should start Charlie. Late last season he made a start and played pretty well against the Rams.

beer72
11-19-2012, 08:15 AM
IMO i feel lefty and batch are bout the same... What really freakin makes me angry is that after lefty scored his TD you could physically see he was not the same QB. Tomlin should have made a QB change after he saw lefty throwin it in the dirt ETC...Just sad cause i feel we could of won that game.if Tomlin had some bigger balls that night.

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 08:28 AM
I don't think we should use our first round draft pick on a QB, but it wouldn't hurt to start looking in the 3rd or 4th round next year for at least someone who would be serviceable he had to come into the game.
As far as next week I think we should start Charlie. Late last season he made a start and played pretty well against the Rams.

Agreed on all points.

Batch did well in '10 against TB and Tenn. also. He's serviceable, and that's all we need at this point. Just someone who's going to play smart ball.

Does anyone think we pick up an extra QB this week, just in case?