PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL baltimore gamegoat thread. Vent away!

tony hipchest
11-18-2012, 10:40 PM
everyones gonna be pissed and ready to jump off a bridge.

keep your fustrations contained on da internetz and remember each thought isnt worthy of its own thread.

post them here-

Fire Arians
11-18-2012, 10:41 PM
:tt:wallace. those 3 points he gave up decided the game

overall shit effort by a shit player. he's not even worth the franchise tag and I hope he's gone next year. sanders and cotchery made a much bigger impact than him, and isn't he our go to guy? antonio brown for sure is 10x the receiver wallace is.

i can't blame lefty, he just sucks, coaches should have known this too. I expected a loss today since I don't think this team is good enough to beat baltimore without roethlisberger, so i don't have much venting to do. I do think that batch is / has been the better option out of our backups for years now.

they say batch is fragile, well it's not like leftwich hasn't been mr. ironman in his career either.

acumen
11-18-2012, 10:42 PM
I can blame Leftwich. He is terrible.

Terminator
11-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Tomlin.

Should have pulled Leftwhich. The guy was obviously in pain and it only got worse after that sack that not one person on the Steelers offense saw coming. Batch should have been in at the end. Couldn't have been any worse.

SoCalFan
Without the punt return, we win! Wallace could've made an effort for the ball at his feet! Ray Lewis is a self loathing punk bitch!

jjpro11
If you want to take one positive from this game, it's that Baltimore sucks. 8-2 is a fucking mirage. Flacco blows, their defense blows, and their receivers can all be contained. Their injuries are starting to pile up.. Maybe they start dropping these games they have lucked out and won so far this year.

Lady Steel
11-18-2012, 10:45 PM
I hate, hate, hate Byron Leftwich. :mad:

Why Tomlin wouldn't put in Batch when Leftwich wasn't producing is beyond me. Dumb. This was an important divisional game, not freaking pre-season.

Someone said the Steelers looked like the Keystone Cops, and he was right. This game was downright embarrassing.

SoCalFan
11-18-2012, 10:46 PM
I agree with Terminator, Tomlin should've pulled Lefty!

casteeler
Very first,Tomlin decided to put Leftwich in. Very Stupid
Lefty needs to hand players Drinks.... That's it
Mendy is NOT suited for this offense.

The Defense did its job and Tomlin failed. It makes you realize Ben runs the Offense and Tomlin just stands there like the puppet he is.

IowaSteeler927
:tt:wallace. those 3 points he gave up decided the game

overall shit effort by a shit player.

i can't blame lefty, he just sucks, coaches should have known this too. I expected a loss today since I don't think this team is good enough to beat baltimore without roethlisberger, so i don't have much venting to do. I do think that batch is / has been the better option out of our backups for years now.

they say batch is fragile, well it's not like leftwich hasn't been mr. ironman in his career either.

Wallace and his piss poor work ethic aside, they shouldn't of let Leftwich run that last series. His throws were way off target and often short of the receiver. Despite that I thought the officials missed a block in the back on the punt return TD. The tripping call on the Ravens last series was horrible as was the encroachment call where Yanda the RG obviously moved first. Should have been a false start.

frunko1
11-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Biggest complaint is our play call / formations.

Every time we would get 5-10 yds from a long field goal shot, after the running game got us there, they would switch to this shot gun formation and started letting No Arm get us out of range.

I thought Haley was supposed to be better than that.

Fire Arians
actually the scapegoat is the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

with roethlisberger we win this game. wasn't too impressed with balt tbh

Terminator
It hasn't even sunk in yet for me. I live in the Baltimore area and work with a bunch of Ravens fans and Steelers haters. I'm gonna send out an email now letting everyone know I will be armed tomorrow and to kindly keep to themselves.

SteelCurtain5643
In addition to Redman, Baron Batch also got hurt so we may be down 2 RB's now too...lovely

ChristianKustomz
11-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I hate to say I told you so but Leftwich sucked just as I predicted. Why the hell didn't they play Batch? Stupid politics! Wallace you suck! I hope you get fired! I hope the fans gank you for the next 2 weeks till you catch a freaking ball!!!

I hope Wallace is reading this...YOU SUCK! You suck you suck you suck!!!!you tool monkey! Learn to CATCH THE BALL!!!! You suck!!
You keep costing us games you piece of *#^%! You not worth the sweat off a bulls ball sack!
Aaarrgggg!!!! *#**%++#!!!!'

Now I have to hear more from those arrogant Ravens fans! Someone please punch Leftwich in the face and kick Wallace in the nuts! They are both as useless as a one legged midget in a butt kicking contest!

steelerchad
11-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Wallace drives me crazy.
That fumble turned this game downward. We had momentum and he gave it away.
Then instead of making up for it, he dogs it for most of the game.

Yeah, Lefty threw one at his feet and he could barely trouble himself to reach his hands down for it. Honestly, how many times do you see receivers drop to their Knees and cradle a low ball. Not Mike, he barely bent over, let alone come back a step for the ball. Guess he didn't want to get his nice throwback pants dirty.

He was pretty lazy on trying to get that 2nd foot down in the endzone. How many times do you see guys tip toe the line. He acted like he didn't even know where he was as he casually took a big step out of bounds.

Wallace was great his rookie year. He made hustle plays. Now he thinks he deserves the big deal, so he's giving us $2.7M effort instead of the $11M effort he thinks he should have gotten. They can have his ass. See ya Mike. Go get your money if anyone will still pay it. The drops and lack of effort have made me sick.

Steel_Bus_24
11-18-2012, 10:55 PM
STs.....Terrible coverage. and punt location

Lady Steel
11-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Wallace drives me crazy.
That fumble turned this game downward. We had momentum and he gave it away.
Then instead of making up for it, he dogs it for most of the game.

Yeah, Lefty threw one at his feet and he could barely trouble himself to reach his hands down for it. Honestly, how many times do you see receivers drop to their Knees and cradle a low ball. Not Mike, he barely bent over, let alone come back a step for the ball. Guess he didn't want to get his nice throwback pants dirty.

He was pretty lazy on trying to get that 2nd foot down in the endzone. How many times do you see guys tip toe the line. He acted like he didn't even know where he was as he casually took a big step out of bounds.

Wallace was great his rookie year. He made hustle plays. Now he thinks he deserves the big deal, so he's giving us $2.7M effort instead of the $11M effort he thinks he should have gotten. They can have his ass. The drops and lack of effort have made me sick.

Wallace has checked out. He no longer gives a damn. :mad:

Rotorhead
11-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Lefty was fine, until he was injured, gameplan was fine until Lefty was injured, Mendy sucks even before Ledty was hurt, Tomlin is 100% at fault for this loss. If you QB is in too much pain to throw the DAM ball then he CAN'T be a QB. Especially at the end of the game when you need to throw it to at least tie it. My god that was one of the stupidest personnel decisions I have ever seen. WTF was Tomlin thinking? My god I am stunned at how he could possibly think it was a good idea to keep him in the last two series when it was obvious he couldnt make the throws. I dont mind losing if we get beat, but we could have easily won that game if our head coach pulls his head out!

SoCalFan
11-18-2012, 10:57 PM
It hasn't even sunk in yet for me. I live in the Baltimore area and work with a bunch of Ravens fans and Steelers haters. I'm gonna send out an email now letting everyone know I will be armed tomorrow and to kindly keep to themselves.
In all fairness, without the punt return we win! Keep your head up!

Lady Steel
11-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Lefty was fine, until he was injured, gameplan was fine until Lefty was injured

Lefty was injured in what? The first minute of the game? :banging:

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
11-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Leftwich sucks.

You can say he was hurt, that's fine, but he should TELL THE STAFF, Batch isn't good but he's better than a 50% Leftwich. Byron wants to be the tough guy, the hero, but sometimes you're hurting your team by playing at less than 100%.

Time to raid the scrap heap for a QB. Give Seneca Wallace a call

jjpro11
11-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Leftwich sucks.

You can say he was hurt, but then TELL THE STAFF, Batch isn't good but he's better than a 50% Leftwich.

Seneca Wallace is terrible. Bring Antwaan Randle El out of retirement. 156.1 career QB rating!

Unkindness
11-18-2012, 11:04 PM
"Waaaaaaaa........without the punt return we win....."

I thought Excuses were tools of the incompetent.

It's a game of inches. Ravens got what they needed and beat the Steelers. Ravens have injuries just as serious as yours.

Get over it. Your season is over. 3 losses in a row to Ravens. You will your next two games to seal the deal.

Ravens are a superior team. Steelers are on the backslide now.

RichardCullinanForever
11-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Mendenhall should not take another snap in a Steeler's jersey. He already costed us a SB, and he has no smarts out on the field. That, and he fuking sucks at running back. Dwyer all the way.

Special teams blows, as always.

Ravens are trash. Nothing they did tonight impressed me at all. Can't wait to play them in the playoffs and shit all over them in their stadium.

SteelCurtain5643
11-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Leftwich sucks.

You can say he was hurt, that's fine, but he should TELL THE STAFF, Batch isn't good but he's better than a 50% Leftwich. Byron wants to be the tough guy, the hero, but sometimes you're hurting your team by playing at less than 100%.

I'd call McNabb b4 I called that POS

SteelersCanada
11-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow. I understand frustration, but blaming Leftwich is beyond stupid. Top to bottom, the offense didn't play well. Leftwich's throws were off, yes, but that's a result of getting hit far too often which can be credited to the fact Heath wasn't put in to help Adams on the right side. Kruger worked Adams all night and Haley didn't make the correct adjustments. The offensive line - save for Pouncey - looked pretty bad. Mike Adams isn't capable of taking guys one on one, and Colon wasn't playing with any intensity it seemed. Mendenhall wasn't playing with any explosiveness and was a non-factor.

The defense was a completely different story. They looked good - and by good, I mean 2008 good. Flacco looked like a high school quarterback that didn't know his ass from his elbow and constantly made poor throws. Once again, Mundy fucked up and dropped what should have been a sure interception. Timmons was making plays all night, and Woodley showed explosiveness off the edge. In reality, the Steelers' D held the Ravens to 6 points. 6 points. Taylor completely and utterly shut down Smith all game and made him a non-factor. Lewis let a couple of throws connect, but for the most part, had a decent enough game. Hampton looked like a force on most plays against that Ravens OLine and Keisel had a good enough game. Heyward, though, was thoroughly impressive. He generated pressure on almost every snap which resulted in poor throw after poor throw from Flacco. The defense looked stout.

Regarding Leftwich - even with a weak arm he can still throw it farther down the field and Batch can. Clamoring for Batch to come in is easily the stupidest thing I've ever heard. He's long, long passed his prime and is a waste of 500 000 on the cap right now. I don't understand the love for Charlie - he's never been talented and with the leadership we have on this team, it's insane he's still on the roster. Leftwich made a couple of throws that were right on the money and ended up being big gains. If Cotchery hangs on to the ball, despite being hit by Pollard, the game ends up differently.

There's nothing wrong with Wallace's attitude - he wasn't targeted all game. In fact, when he was, it resulted in a 40+ yard penalty because they couldn't run with him. Despite the success on the first play of the game they never went back to him on the deep ball. Instead, they insisted on short throws which Leftwich couldn't hit. The run game was ineffective early on and ended up being the bane of this offense. The lack of a run game threw play action out the window and the offense became one-dimensional.

I understand the frustration, but it's misplaced. The playcalling was suspect and the OLine played poorly. The defense played like a top 3 unit in this league and ultimately, special teams ended up being the difference. The Ravens look beatable and weak on offense when paired against a capable defense.

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
11-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I need to throw some venting towards Polamalu. I can think of a lot better ways to spend $7 million than to have it wasted on a guy standing on the sidelines. He's played 5 quarters this season and it's starting to piss me off. I know guys get hurt, but what's his deal? Does it take three months for a calf strain to heal?

We could have used one of his signature big plays tonight, but instead he's coaching. Dude just can't stay on the field. I love Troy to death, but we need him out there in games like this.

tony hipchest
11-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Without the punt return, we win! Wallace could've made an effort for the ball at his feet! Ray Lewis is a self loathing punk bitch!shouldnt have to. leftys best throw was his 1st one (incomplete) and his arm was shot afterwards.

RichardCullinanForever
11-18-2012, 11:08 PM

It's a game of inches. Ravens got what they needed and beat the Steelers. Ravens have injuries just as serious as yours.

Get over it. Your season is over. 3 losses in a row to Ravens. You will your next two games to seal the deal.

It's simply not true. Ben is the most significant player on our team. It doesn't compare to the Raven's injuries. If Ben played, then yes, Antonio Brown, Troy P, and our O-line men are probably 'equals' to who the Ravens were missing. But you're full of shit to think that Ben's injury made no impact on the outcome of the game.

IowaSteeler927
11-18-2012, 11:09 PM

Go blow a goat troll. You guys were gift wrapped a win last season when push-off Smith wasn't called for offensive P.I. as he should have been. The refs helped you out a few times in this game as well. Your vaunted offense scored a whole six points. The other seven came on a punt return TD that should have been called back on a block in the back that the officials missed. The Ravens suck. Even if you make the playoffs you'll just choke in epic fashion. Wide left anyone...

RichardCullinanForever
11-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah, the Ravens won't win a single playoff game this year. If you told me that they were a 3 win team - based on their performance tonight - I would have believed you. 6 fucking points aint gonna win shit once you're playing an offense capable of performing better than a high school offense.

Terminator
11-18-2012, 11:15 PM
You know, I'm not even as disappointed losing to Baltimore as I thought I would be. All this game did tonight was make me more mad that we lost to the pathetic Raiders and Titans. Ugh.

jjpro11
11-18-2012, 11:17 PM
Trash talking after his team put up that shit performance against a banged up backup QB. lol.. Someone's mad he didn't get his Gatorade bath this evening.

LayingTheWoodley56
Truly, the goat is HALEY. Down 13-7, he should have ran the ball on first down and set us up to punch it, not thrown it on first, ran it on second (with great success, mind you) and then thrown a fucking fade on 3rd and goal that was destined for failure. He should have known we wouldn't be down there again and gotten it into the end zone intelligently.

Can't believe we lost this game. Our D was LIGHTS OUT and we blew it. Honorary mention goats goes to Wallace for handing them three points and to our punt team for giving them another 7. Kudos to the D because they killed it tonight, other than the fact that we are still physically incapable of getting takeaways.

Terminator
Wow. I understand frustration, but blaming Leftwich is beyond stupid. Top to bottom, the offense didn't play well. Leftwich's throws were off, yes, but that's a result of getting hit far too often which can be credited to the fact Heath wasn't put in to help Adams on the right side. Kruger worked Adams all night and Haley didn't make the correct adjustments. The offensive line - save for Pouncey - looked pretty bad. Mike Adams isn't capable of taking guys one on one, and Colon wasn't playing with any intensity it seemed. Mendenhall wasn't playing with any explosiveness and was a non-factor.

The defense was a completely different story. They looked good - and by good, I mean 2008 good. Flacco looked like a high school quarterback that didn't know his ass from his elbow and constantly made poor throws. Once again, Mundy fucked up and dropped what should have been a sure interception. Timmons was making plays all night, and Woodley showed explosiveness off the edge. In reality, the Steelers' D held the Ravens to 6 points. 6 points. Taylor completely and utterly shut down Smith all game and made him a non-factor. Lewis let a couple of throws connect, but for the most part, had a decent enough game. Hampton looked like a force on most plays against that Ravens OLine and Keisel had a good enough game. Heyward, though, was thoroughly impressive. He generated pressure on almost every snap which resulted in poor throw after poor throw from Flacco. The defense looked stout.

Regarding Leftwich - even with a weak arm he can still throw it farther down the field and Batch can. Clamoring for Batch to come in is easily the stupidest thing I've ever heard. He's long, long passed his prime and is a waste of 500 000 on the cap right now. I don't understand the love for Charlie - he's never been talented and with the leadership we have on this team, it's insane he's still on the roster. Leftwich made a couple of throws that were right on the money and ended up being big gains. If Cotchery hangs on to the ball, despite being hit by Pollard, the game ends up differently.

There's nothing wrong with Wallace's attitude - he wasn't targeted all game. In fact, when he was, it resulted in a 40+ yard penalty because they couldn't run with him. Despite the success on the first play of the game they never went back to him on the deep ball. Instead, they insisted on short throws which Leftwich couldn't hit. The run game was ineffective early on and ended up being the bane of this offense. The lack of a run game threw play action out the window and the offense became one-dimensional.

I understand the frustration, but it's misplaced. The playcalling was suspect and the OLine played poorly. The defense played like a top 3 unit in this league and ultimately, special teams ended up being the difference. The Ravens look beatable and weak on offense when paired against a capable defense.

I disagree. Leftwhich missed many wide open receivers on several plays. He is not a good quarterback. I don't even have faith we will beat Cleveland at this rate.

LayingTheWoodley56
11-18-2012, 11:19 PM

Fuck you you fucking internet troll. You guys were pathetic tonight, our D shoved it up your asses over and over and the sole reason you won the game is because Ben was out. I hope to God we can see your ***** bitch asses again in the playoffs because you're team sucks and your a pathetic loser for taking the time to go on a Steeler message board to talk shit. Now go kiss your mom goodnight and go back to your basement to go to sleep assclown.

SteelersCanada
11-18-2012, 11:19 PM
So, you're seriously on here talking shit after beating a team by 3 points with a second string quarterback? We're not making excuses - the Ravens won and are 8-2 and they'll go into M&T and play a better game. But if you're nieve and ignorant enough to say that the Ravens are just as banged up as the Steelers, it shows to me that you really are a Ravens fan.

I'd love to see Tyrod Taylor come in for Flacco and beat Roethlisberger. I know all I'd hear from you is the fact you didn't have Flacco in the game and how it would've been different if he were. Flacco looked like absolute shit and proved once again - on national television - why he isn't even a top 10 quarterback. Get off our boards, you look like a clown.

i82much
11-18-2012, 11:20 PM
All I can say is this. As a Ravens fan, I am watching the game scratching my head going ... wait, Charlie Batch is on the bench??? Um ... yeah.

I don't go in for the woulda-shoulda-coulda thing, I don't think it is quite accurate to just declare "we'd have won with Ben" because it is just a different game then and chances are the Ravens are more aggressive and you never know how things turn out. But, as much as I think Tomlin is a great coach, I don't think his decision to leave Batch on the bench gave your team their best chance to win. I've seen enough of Batch to know he can make this offense work - he's not Ben, but he ain't bad. Not a good decision IMHO.

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
11-18-2012, 11:22 PM

Problem with this. You even referenced it in your post. And you saw when Leftwich put all he had into the throw to Gilreath towards the end...he couldn't throw the thing more than 30 yards. With every shot he took his arm strength plummeted. And If you can't hit the intermediate throws, you can't win ballgames. Byron was pathetic. I don't care who you are, you can't punt the ball 6 times in a row and expect to win.

Batch is better suited to run Haley's offense. Short throws, getting the ball out fast. That's what Charlie is decent at. Batch sucks, but we need to play to our strengths.

lloydwoodson
11-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Tomlin.

Should have pulled Leftwhich. The guy was obviously in pain and it only got worse after that sack that not one person on the Steelers offense saw coming. Batch should have been in at the end. Couldn't have been any worse.

This. This game was within reach with Batch playing imo. This was the biggest game of the year. You have to beat the Ravens at home. Tomlin did not give his team a chance by playing a badly injured Leftwich. I can't fault Leftwich. Lefty did the right thing by hanging in there and not quitting and I admire his determination.

Clark should not have been playing either. Clark has had 2 concussions in 3 weeks. Another concussion could end his season or even his career. It was grossly irresponsible to let Clark play when Ben was injured and the game was a longshot anyways. Clark should be resting for when Ben comes back and the Steelers actually have a chance to win games. It is going to be a tough road from here on out.

TRH
11-18-2012, 11:24 PM
goat? Sheez...i'm going to do this without even reading through the thread - i'll do that after i post something.

1. Haley - Christ...what was he doing tonight?? I don't even know where to start. Too many runs right up the middle. Too many passes to the sidelines (how many balls were caught OUT OF BOUNDS tonight because the plays were TOO close to the sidelines??). Too many screens. Too many long balls downfield instead of 8-yard type throws to just, for the love of god, get 1st downs.
Badly called game tonight - no question about it.

2. the entire special teams unit. Putrid. One week it's multiple penalties. The next is letting the other team run kickoffs back 35, 40 yards every time. Then they repeat this process. ST coach : you're gettin' fired in the offseason (just so you know).

Also, a couple of our "stars" didn't look so good. Wallace, again, played subpar and average. Mendenhall (who didn't look good anyway) made a stupid, extremely unintelligent move near the end of the game by not running out of bounds. He had a sea of nothing but green grass between himself and the sidelines and he....runs....to....the...middle....of....the....f ield. Are you kidding me????

Alot of "goatness" to throw around tonight. I'm not even sure where to start.

ChristianKustomz
11-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Pleeeeease...Sandwich faked that injury as an excuse for his Mediocre playing.

TRH
11-18-2012, 11:25 PM
..and people, people, people. Ignore the troll.

Get back on topic.

SoCalFan
11-18-2012, 11:26 PM
I disagree, Lefty should've not been so dam selfish and pull himself!

lardlad
11-18-2012, 11:26 PM
This. This game was within reach with Batch playing imo. This was the biggest game of the year. You have to beat the Ravens at home. Tomlin did not give his team a chance by playing a badly injured Leftwich. I can't fault Leftwich. Lefty did the right thing by hanging in there and not quitting and I admire his determination.

Clark should not have been playing either. Clark has had 2 concussions in 3 weeks. Another concussion could end his season or even his career. It was grossly irresponsible to let Clark play when Ben was injured and the game was a longshot anyways. Clark should be resting for when Ben comes back and the Steelers actually have a chance to win games. It is going to be a tough road from here on out.

Have to agree. Lots of questions have to be raised on Tomlin keeping Lefty in the game. Clark as well. Clark looked ok, played pretty good, but yeah he could really get hurt.

TRH
11-18-2012, 11:28 PM
and no.....Batch wouldnt' have made a difference. He's certainly no better than Leftwich - in my book a good deal worse.

pitt0wns
11-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Our D played lights out!

Tomlin is a joke keeping Leftwich in there.

Leftwich could make a career in the MLB with his sinker ball.

lardlad
11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
goat? Sheez...i'm going to do this without even reading through the thread - i'll do that after i post something.

1. Haley - Christ...what was he doing tonight?? I don't even know where to start. Too many runs right up the middle. Too many passes to the sidelines (how many balls were caught OUT OF BOUNDS tonight because the plays were TOO close to the sidelines??). Too many screens. Too many long balls downfield instead of 8-yard type throws to just, for the love of god, get 1st downs.
Badly called game tonight - no question about it.

2. the entire special teams unit. Putrid. One week it's multiple penalties. The next is letting the other team run kickoffs back 35, 40 yards every time. Then they repeat this process. ST coach : you're gettin' fired in the offseason (just so you know).

Also, a couple of our "stars" didn't look so good. Wallace, again, played subpar and average. Mendenhall (who didn't look good anyway) made a stupid, extremely unintelligent move near the end of the game by not running out of bounds. He had a sea of nothing but green grass between himself and the sidelines and he....runs....to....the...middle....of....the....f ield. Are you kidding me????

Alot of "goatness" to throw around tonight. I'm not even sure where to start.

Yeah I was screaming get out of bounds. Total brain fart for Mendy.

Mendy should be worried about his job. I think Dwyer was the best runner again. #1 pick, should be doing way better than he is.

Terminator
11-18-2012, 11:31 PM
Mendenhall had 1 good year, and that was the year Willie Parker got injured. He should in no way, shape, or form be our starting running back. Dwyer has been the best bet. He had one bad snap against Oakland and fumbled, and a mediocre game against KC. Everything else has been great.

Fire Arians
11-18-2012, 11:33 PM
dwyer definitely is making a case for being our guy

Danny136200
11-18-2012, 11:33 PM
FIRE TOMLIN!!!
BENCH LEFTNUT!!!
KILL WALLACE!!!! (seriously, pathetic performance by him, hope he is proud of himself)

But in all honesty, I come away more confident in our team. I do believe that Ben will be back in time for a serious playoff push, and even without him, i believe this offense can do enough to give us a shot at the playoffs and maybe the division (just look at balt.'s schedule, pretty brutal). This game was in our hands, and some individual mistakes costs us the game.

We will be fine people, trust.

lloydwoodson
11-18-2012, 11:34 PM

"Ravens have injuries just as serious as yours."

No. The Ravens do not have injuries as serious as the Steelers. The Steelers' franchise quarterback is out. Of course, you wouldn't know anything about having a franchise quarterback.

Danny136200
11-18-2012, 11:37 PM

Ravens did nothing to impress, but you are right, they did just enough. And if you think a full strength Ravens team can beat a full strength Steeler team, you are outta of your mind.

Stu Pidasso
11-18-2012, 11:37 PM
the sky is falling

Bring back John Kuhn

lloydwoodson
11-18-2012, 11:41 PM
dwyer definitely is making a case for being our guy

I like a backfield next year of Dwyer and Redman. It will be like Morris and Foster back in the day. Rainey and Batch are good options as 3rd down backs/returners. I think this is Mendenhall's last season as a Steeler. His production has not been consistent and although I like him I know a lot of fans don't because of the comments he has made unrelated to football.

Bayz101
11-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Wallace. Those three points he gift-wrapped and delivered to the Ravens ultimately ended up being the difference between winning and losing. Hell, even Sanders out preformed him.

TRH
11-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Wallace. Those three points he gift-wrapped and delivered to the Ravens ultimately ended up being the difference between winning and losing. Hell, even Sanders out preformed him.

Sanders crushed him tonight. The thing i like about Sanders is his 'toughness'. Even when he knows he's about to get popped big-time, he still makes the big effort to complete the play. And he looks pumped up (almost like Keenan Lewis looks on the defense).
Wallace definitely doesn't play as hard as Sanders.

stb_steeler
11-18-2012, 11:44 PM
the sky is falling

Bring back John Kuhn

Loved Kuhn....i always thought he was a good fit for the Steelers but it seems they got away with big backs :noidea:

teegre
11-18-2012, 11:48 PM
1. RECEIVERS
They had multiple plays where a ball caught (albeit thrown near the sideline) would have continue drives.

Cotchery had a false start. Then, he dropped a third down pass. Then, I think it was a hold. I kept saying that he "owed" us three plays (although, I would have accepted one play)... and I thought that that one play was going come at the end of he game, but alas at BALT's 48 yard-line, Pollard knocked the ball loose.

Wallace... seriously... this guy is starting to get on my nerves.

--He fumbles the ball.

--He does not drag his left foot on that TD. Sure it was not the best of throws, but Larry Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown, and about FIFTY other WRs would have drug their foot for that TD. If Wallace had drug his foot, THEN we could have talked about him being in the "elite" WR class; as of right now, he is not worth a cent more than he is currently making.

--He alligator arms a short pass from Leftwich on 2nd & 10 that would have put the Steelers in FG range AND kept the drive going. Sure, it was a bad throw, but Hines Ward would have dropped to his knees to secure the first down (or, at least come back for the ball, making it 3rd & 1, in FG range).

Even Sanders slipped & missed a 3rd down reception.

And, Will Johnson caught two passes out of bounds (which would have converted 3rd downs).

Not a good day for the receivers.

2. HALEY
I have liked what he has done for the offense, but this was not his best game. We shall call this his "speed bump" of the season.

The obvious play is the 3rd & 1 from the 2 yard-line. I'm not going to kill him, because if Wallace makes that TD catch, then he looks smart. Alas, with BALT seemingly unable to stop the run, a run might have been more prudent. Again, I sort of liked the call... gutsy, and it would have worked (if Wallace did anything well, aside from being fast).

More importantly, the offense ran, ran, and ran all over BALT, and then when they crossed the fifty, Haley decided to stop running. Uh... hmmm... I would have KEPT on running & running & running... or, at least have tried a play-action pass. Nope, instead, Haley decided to go spread formation: sack, sack, incomplete, punt.

steelbelieve
11-18-2012, 11:49 PM

Heck, the soft fumble was one thing, but the ultra-sloppy effort in the corner of the end zone was the real blunder. That one cost us an additional four points.

4 out of 5 NFL receivers drag their feet and that's a touchdown on what's nothing more than an above average catch. It was a lazy, careless effort on his part, and more or less typlified his game tonight.

On a night when we were looking for players to step up, Wallace didn't bother to step at all.

Terminator
11-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Even Santonio Holmes knew when to drag the toes.

teegre
11-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Heck, the soft fumble was one thing, but the ultra-sloppy effort in the corner of the end zone was the real blunder. That one cost us an additional four points.

4 out of 5 NFL receivers drag their feet and that's a touchdown on what's nothing more than an above average catch. It was a lazy, careless effort on his part, and more or less typlified his game tonight.

On a night when we were looking for players to step up, Wallace didn't bother to step at all.

I was just typing the same thing.

ANY receiver worth a damn drags his foot.

Asking for $111 is now a serious joke. I was in Walalce's corner... but, that non-drag was the last straw. Let him have a great final season, and then sign Sanders (who is awesome).

lloydwoodson
the sky is falling

Bring back John Kuhn

I really like Will Johnson. He has done a really nice job this year I think. Not that he will stay around long since it seems to be a revolving door at fb since Kreider left.

Terminator
The only thing that bothers me is that Bill Belechick expressed interest in signing Wallace, and I would HATE to see him go there.

teegre
11-18-2012, 11:53 PM
I really like Will Johnson. He has done a really nice job this year I think. Not that he will stay around long since it seems to be a revolving door at fb since Kreider left.

Me, too. The kid played WR, then gained muscle to play TE, and is now a FB. He is a true "Slash."

Chadmagic
11-18-2012, 11:53 PM
A lot of hate going toward Lefty tonight. I think, with only a week a practice with the first unit he did a stellar job. I also thought the Oline did well. the gave him plenty of time to throw almost the entire nite.
Defense was Stellar. Played Lights out.
Wallace...hmmm his fumble cost us big. He definitely isn't worth more than he is paid now. But idk if i'd get rid of him. We just need to use his speed more. Put him on more go routes and let him run by everyone. We did it on the first play tonight then never again! WTF?
Special teams...what can you say. Its been a weak spot for years and years. And it cost us this one. Its the only TD the Ratbirds had.
Coaching is the biggest problem. Todd Haley calls games in fits. He started tonight off right. Test the deep ball early and often. But even after it worked, he stopped it. Then when the running game was going well he stopped it. IDK what his problem is, but he needs to figure that shit out. Someone please make him a chart or a graph showing how his play calling sucks at times.

Deserei90
11-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Somehow I'm just not as upset about this loss as I thought I would be. Compared to other Raven games. This doesn't sting or hurt. I guess it's because the team played with heart and Leftwich did everything he could even with his shoulders hurting. The Ravens are still suspect. I just don't understand how they mentioned to be 8-2.

SteelersCanada
11-18-2012, 11:56 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that Bill Belechick expressed interest in signing Wallace, and I would HATE to see him go there.

They won't have any money left after signing everyone they need to this year. Also, they need defensive help. Giving Brady another toy isn't going to do anything to help that defense - even Belichick knows that.

teegre
11-18-2012, 11:57 PM

Francjise tag him, and trade him to NE for a R2 pick. Draft Tavon Austin. Win five of the next seven SuperBowls.

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Francjise tag him, and trade him to NE for a R2 pick. Draft Tavon Austin. Win five of the next seven SuperBowls.

franchise tag? you think wallace is worth 9-10 mill? fuck that.

teegre
11-19-2012, 12:12 AM
franchise tag? you think wallace is worth 9-10 mill? fuck that.

For a sign & trade... absolutely. That $9 million would be NE's problem. (Make sense?)

Of course, once traded, NE would simply extend Wallace (to lower his actual price tag). But again, that'd be their problem.

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 12:13 AM
For a sign & trade... absolutely. That $9 million would be NE's problem. (Make sense?)

Of course, once traded, NE would simply extend Wallace (to lower his actual price tag). But again, that'd be their problem.

NE doesn't go after high price tags, they try to get bargains on players, they won't bite if someone's franchised

teegre
11-19-2012, 12:14 AM
NE doesn't go after high price tags, they try to get bargains on players, they won't bite if someone's franchised

Hmmm... true... hmmm... that puts a wrinkle in my plan... hmmm...

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Hmmm... true... hmmm... that puts a wrinkle in my plan... hmmm...

the raiders, maybe :chuckle:

teegre
11-19-2012, 12:15 AM
the raiders, maybe :chuckle:

Of course!!!

I should have thought of that. :banging:

:wink02:

charlesk
11-19-2012, 12:20 AM
This should be my last post so I need to make it good. I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the pathetic loser trashy steeler fanbase. They let raven fans with half savage dogs intimidate them all day long before the game and then show a real lack of appreciation for the fine art of not swearing. Heck if I was a Steeler player I would come to work drunk. Keep talking trash on how bad the Ravens looked. A win is a win with no injuries (it looks like). 8-2 and they can probably close the north in two weeks with a w at the bank. BTW if you don't want to play with your backup whose get a better offensive line. Peace be upon you all.

jjpro11
11-19-2012, 12:27 AM
This should be my last post so I need to make it good. I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of the pathetic loser trashy steeler fanbase. They let raven fans with half savage dogs intimidate them all day long before the game and then show a real lack of appreciation for the fine art of not swearing. Heck if I was a Steeler player I would come to work drunk. Keep talking trash on how bad the Ravens looked. A win is a win with no injuries (it looks like). 8-2 and they can probably close the north in two weeks with a w at the bank. BTW if you don't want to play with your backup whose get a better offensive line. Peace be upon you all.

Win the fucking North.. That's all Baltimore has had to hang its hat on for the past 12 years anyhow. It's not like they can beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs either. The Ravens aren't doing shit in the playoffs this year. They had their chance last year, but their string of good fortune and good luck last season finally caught up with them at the worst possible time.

SteelersCanada
11-19-2012, 12:27 AM

The amount of stupidity in one post just blew my mind.

teegre
11-19-2012, 12:52 AM
One more vent.

Was it me, or were Woodley & The Beard drawn off because the BALT O-line moved???

Not that Lefty might have done any better at throwing, but those 40 second would have at least made it more likely than it was.

dez09231
11-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Did anyone really expect to win without Ben/Brown? I didn't. We'll beat Cleveland and lose to Baltimore in Baltimore.

We were destined to be a 10-6/11-5 5th/6th seed the second Ben left the stadium on Monday.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Did anyone really expect to win without Ben/Brown? I didn't. We'll beat Cleveland and lose to Baltimore in Baltimore.

We were destined to be a 10-6/11-5 5th/6th seed the second Ben left the stadium on Monday.

I didnt expect a win. funny thing is I didnt expect that crappy pick play to Wallace on 3rd and 2 on the 5 yard line. If we score a TD instead of a FG, it would have been an amazing win.

Where was Heath Miller in the gameplan?

jjpro11
11-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Where was Heath Miller in the gameplan?

The gameplan became was to help Mike Adams all night because Adams clearly couldn't handle himself tonight.

steve314
11-19-2012, 01:11 AM
In all fairness, without the punt return we win! Keep your head up!

You really think the rest of the game would've been EXACTLY the same without the punt return? BAL would've called the same plays in the 4th quarter if they were losing vs what they called when they were winning? Really? For all we know, the Steeler D gives up the losing score at the end of the game like they did last year.

Pentheon
11-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Im not mad at anything really, we played as well against the ravens as we could with who we had. We didn't have great field position to start a drive all night, special teams killed us like it usually does and we couldn't get pressure too much or force a turnover. Defense played great though other than that.

I'm just a little upset with how wallace has been playing, not even mad at the fumble earlier in the game. Just the fact that he doesn't seem to be on the same level of work ethic as brown or sanders. Its like last year he had a first great half of the season then just seemed to let up. Hes not gonna get a contract from anyone if he keeps doing that, just play hard and help the team win games.

jiminpa
11-19-2012, 03:58 AM
The gameplan became was to help Mike Adams all night because Adams clearly couldn't handle himself tonight....or any night, or day. He is outmatched every game. Hopefully, it is just that he isn't ready.

Darthslayrr
11-19-2012, 04:46 AM
They should have let Dwyer run it at the goal line. The defense gave up 3 points in the game, the other 10 were handed to them. Bad play calling, more Wallace drops, and the offense looking lost at crucial times is what made them lose, and by the way, the great play of the special teams, that first coach must have been horrible to be fired before the regular season. Special teams cost us every game.

Rick5895
11-19-2012, 05:30 AM
I thought the Wallace fumble did more than cost us 3 points. It seemed to end any semblance of offensive rhythm we had. It was a third down and early in the game (second or third series) I think if that fumble doesn't happen the offense may have had a different outcome. Wallace seems to making one really big mistake every game.
Lefty was clearly hurt and TBH should have been replaced by Charlie.
I however am going to look at some positives, Lewis and the rest of the D was outstanding, Dwyer is continuing to show himself as a very dependable RB. I can actually see him rushing for 1000 yards next season, we need to get him signed long term.
Another thing I take from this loss is how much Antonio Brown means to this team. We saw last week against KC and again this week. He may just be almost as valuable to our team as Ben.
Let's not all press the panic button yet, with the way this defense is laying , we get Ben and Antonio back we will be in the hunt for the super bowl.

Rowland2110
11-19-2012, 05:30 AM
I need to throw some venting towards Polamalu. I can think of a lot better ways to spend $7 million than to have it wasted on a guy standing on the sidelines. He's played 5 quarters this season and it's starting to piss me off. I know guys get hurt, but what's his deal? Does it take three months for a calf strain to heal?

We could have used one of his signature big plays tonight, but instead he's coaching. Dude just can't stay on the field. I love Troy to death, but we need him out there in games like this.

Troy has been suspect in my mind since the injury happened. Im questioning his character.

beer72
11-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Tomlin.

Great Awesome post!!!!

EbonySteel86
11-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Don't know why Haley had Lefty tossing the ball all over the place. We should have ran it down there throats all night! Especially at the goal line. A lot of 3 and shorts and we passing??? Look like BA was calling the plays last night.

Wallace17
11-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Jesus on third and goal why wouldnt you pound it in with dwyer. Mike tomlin is a idiot and a horrible coach. Lefty is awful, so is wallace. I miss BB my wish is that he learns to throw left handed this week.

Rick5895
11-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Troy has been suspect in my mind since the injury happened. Im questioning his character.

Are you old enough to remember Jack Lambert. Turf toe forced him to retire. Would you question his character to?
If Troy is out then he is hurt and there is no way I question Troys character!!

steelfury02
11-19-2012, 06:18 AM
A. Wallace isn't solely responsible for the offense's ineptitude - but he is clearly not worth the money. The fumble and the lack of effort on the one pass (on which I admit was a throw by an injured Lefty) is just icing on the cake on why he needs to go. I don't really care about his body of work - because I feel we can get somebody that can contribute just as much as he has, if not more, from the draft.

B. What is disheartening is that the Ravens are not a SB bound team because their offense is inconsistent - they put up 50 on a bottom feeder (yea, we lost to them blah, blah - but against a good defense, they are timid) Plus - pretty much any RB can run on them. Why we didn't ware them down from the get go is beyond me.

C. All we needed last night to beat the Ravens was our defense and to not turn the ball over. Special teams erased their dominate performance as well as the Mike Wallace fumble. Without either of those we win or at least force it to OT.

D. We absolutely need to win at Cleveland, and run, run, and run some more, especially at M&T. Last night's game plan was very bizarre. Every time we ran it well, we got away from it I felt.

Fire Haley
11-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks Ben

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/28/62834298-31f7-11e2-b7fa-001a4bcf6878/50a9a47a178fa.image.jpg

maybe next year

Terminator
11-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks Ben

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/28/62834298-31f7-11e2-b7fa-001a4bcf6878/50a9a47a178fa.image.jpg

maybe next year

Not his fault, man. If he could have been there, he would be.

Fire Haley
11-19-2012, 06:55 AM
I blame Ben for ruining my football season

and all the whining in the world about others won't put Humpty Dumpty back together again

Twentyvalve
11-19-2012, 06:58 AM
Think what you want about the Steelers. I can say this fact: The Ravens have won at least 4 games by default. Not by beating the other team, but by having them make mistakes.

No way the 2012 Ravens get anyway near the Super Bowl. The Texans, Patriots, etc. will absolutely crush that team. As evidenced previously. And yes, to think Ben would not have had a picnic on that Ravens D is kidding yourself.

Did you see Flacco's stats? The test of a QB is how he does playing the best. So far, he has sucked. If the Ravens win 3 more games I will be shocked. They can't cannot continue winning by default.

Twentyvalve
11-19-2012, 07:00 AM
My brother in law sent me a text of an image from the screen of the final score "In case I did not see it." I texted back "Was Flacco there tonight?" :tt02:

I think Ben got more air time than Flacco. The Ravens suck. I have no idea how they are 8-2 or whatever they are.

Not his fault, man. If he could have been there, he would be.

Fire Haley
11-19-2012, 07:21 AM
optimism?

with a little luck this team might be able to split with the Browns

Fire Haley

Terminator
11-19-2012, 07:22 AM
optimism?

Fire Haley

Todd Haley is the least of our problems. Have you been forgetting that Ben has had a MVP year up until he got hurt?

TRH
11-19-2012, 07:31 AM
optimism?

Fire Haley

the Browns potentially could be VERY tough for us. At times, Weeden has looked strong, with multiple 300+ yard passing games. His downfall has been turning the ball over. Unfortunately, our defense is one of the worst, if not the worst, in the league at creating turnovers, INT's, etc.
Add to that they have a beast of an OL (and we're not getting much pressure as it is..) and their defense is actually pretty good too.
If we're still playing with backup QB's - we'll be very lucky to come away with a split.

Fire Haley
11-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Todd Haley is the least of our problems.

We had ONE chance to win that game - you RUN THE BALL on third AND fourth down if you need it on the 3yd line. That was where you win the game and he blew it.

TRH
11-19-2012, 07:37 AM
We had ONE chance to win that game - you RUN THE BALL on third AND fourth down if you need it on the 3yd line. That was where you win the game and he blew it.

yeah. He blew it. He called a poor game when he was using a sub-par backup QB. But all-in-all, for the year, i'd still give him an A-

SteelCityMom
11-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I'm not ready to see Haley fired yet. He called a poor game last night, but execution was seriously lacking too...so it wasn't all the play callings fault.

My goats are Tomlin and Leftwich. Poor TO management aside, Leftwich should have been pulled at the half, or at least somewhere in the third. I understand them wanting to start him, that's fine, but he couldn't even make simple passes at times. That's what killed this game.

Just a shitty way to lose a game. It would have been easier to stomach if they'd been blown out. Knowing that it comes down to just a couple simple things just kills me.

I'm with others though in saying that the Ravens are very beatable right now. Were I a fan of theirs, I would be anything but comfortable with this 8-2 record. They were the better overall team last night, but the Steelers fucked up simple shit so much, that that's not really saying much for the Ravens...who could barely eek out a win. (It's like how I didn't really feel all high and mighty about barely beating the Chiefs, with how badly they played.) Steelers definitely have a shot of beating them in their house. Just gotta make a few adjustments.

3rdandlong
11-19-2012, 08:25 AM
I really blame this one on Tomlin. Keeping Leftwich in was disastrous! Batch is clearly the better QB even when Leftwich is healthy.

Steelerindc
11-19-2012, 08:37 AM
A couple of things that I would like to ad to all of this second guessing. There have been times when I thought that Tomlin over thought himself and played into to hype of the game.

On the 3and 2 on the Ravens 4 yd line. I thought it was stupid and insane to try that fade route then. You have the 27th ranked defense and Dwyer showed if you put a FB in front of him he can get you 2 or more yds, Get the first down and give your team four more downs.

I don't know why you wouldn't jam it down there throat right there. That gives us the lead.

Also, it became apparent that Byron couldn't get the ball down field. I could only assume that Batch didn't take to many of the reps during the week and they didn't want to chance. I can only hope that was the reason.

The Bigger issue for me is why are these dudes still on the team, there old, often hurt and really aren't worth the time or effort. It seems like they're trying to make Ben feel secure in his job by not drafting another QB or signing a younger backup. What are they thinking?

TRH
11-19-2012, 08:41 AM
i was surprised how weak Leftwich's arm seems. He hopped a few balls and on that one downfield pass, he couldn't even get the ball down there.
Batch isn't any better. He's a good mentor on the sidelines, but as a QB on the field, he's terrible.
I thought we were foolish in the off-season for not addressing this. I knew it wasn't good. Probably should have used that 4th round pick in another way, huh? lol
There were a few free agents, who were better than both of these guys, hanging around as well.

Absolutely, without question, look for the team to address this situation this off-season. We're likely nearing the very end of the Batch/Leftwich era.

Fire Haley
11-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Tomlin doesn't call the offensive plays....Haley does.

after telling reporters he was not going to try to outsmart anyone by throwing against a suspect run defense, Haley did just that

Steelerindc
11-19-2012, 08:55 AM
I know that Haley calls the plays, but I also know that Mike hears them in his headset. He's the head coach, he can tell his OC to run the ball at any point. I know he trust Haley and don't want to get in the way of the OC, but I think he should have vetoed that call on 3 & 2.

FanSince72
11-19-2012, 08:56 AM

Thank you!

I was screaming at the TV when we ran that corner route on 3rd down and was livid when Suisham trotted out.

That wasn't 3rd and goal, that was 3rd and a yard and a half.

Two plays with Dwyer up the middle was what should have been called - especially since Baltimore wasn't doing anything special in stopping Dwyer. And if we didn't score I'd bet the rent that we'd at least have gotten the first down and four more cracks at the end zone. Settling for a field goal in that situation was like kissing your sister.

nj1923steelgirl
11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Tomlin and Lefty....

67 calsteel
11-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes Tomlin and Haley should have pulled Leftwich.I am pissed with medical staff.where were they?Didn't look at Leftwich til late in game.Guy clearly had something wrong.Could have at least shot him up with pain killers in 1st qt. and if that didn't work.take him in back to look at him and keep him there.

Fire Haley
11-19-2012, 09:25 AM
the Browns potentially could be VERY tough for us..

The Browns sacked Romo 7 times.

run Lefty run

tony hipchest
11-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Troy has been suspect in my mind since the injury happened. Im questioning his character.:doh:

tony hipchest
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Yes Tomlin and Haley should have pulled Leftwich.I am pissed with medical staff.where were they?Didn't look at Leftwich til late in game.Guy clearly had something wrong.Could have at least shot him up with pain killers in 1st qt. and if that didn't work.take him in back to look at him and keep him there.:toofunny:

is that really how you think it works?

kids these days...

whitty hutton
11-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Ravens did nothing to impress, but you are right, they did just enough. And if you think a full strength Ravens team can beat a full strength Steeler team, you are outta of your mind.

Umm, are you forgetting that the Ravens beat the Steelers two times in a row prior to this game, including a blowout when both teams were at their absolute healthiest?
You'll probably just have excuses for those, but i'm trying to reason with an obviously biased person

My brother in law sent me a text of an image from the screen of the final score "In case I did not see it." I texted back "Was Flacco there tonight?" :tt02:

I think Ben got more air time than Flacco. The Ravens suck. I have no idea how they are 8-2 or whatever they are.
And Steelers haven't beaten them in 2 years. That's gotta sting

fansince'76
11-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Umm, are you forgetting that the Ravens beat the Steelers two times in a row prior to this game, including a blowout when both teams were at their absolute healthiest?
You'll probably just have excuses for those, but i'm trying to reason with an obviously biased person

Yep, just like there was no shortage of lame-ass excuses from your camp after the 3-game sweep of 2008...

Ricco Suavez
11-19-2012, 10:20 AM

And Steelers haven't beaten them in 2 years. That's gotta sting

And the Ravens have beaten the Steelers in how many playoff games? Try 0-3 The sting of stings

whitty hutton
11-19-2012, 10:22 AM
And the Ravens have beaten the Steelers in how many playoff games? Try 0-3 The sting of stings

That's great and all, but I stay with current events. And as it now stands you guys are currently on a 3 game losing streak

Ricco Suavez
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
That's great and all, but I stay with current events. And as it now stands you guys are currently on a 3 game losing streak

Pretty current last 3 and counting. BTW if we talking current how bout all them Superbowls yall been to the last few years, oh I forgot Steelers sent you home twice and the Patriots once. And as far as current it works both ways when the Steelers
DO beat the Rats don't bring up the last 3 regular games cause we deal only in current games.

tony hipchest
11-19-2012, 10:38 AM

whitney houston OD'd taking a "gatorade" bath. is that current enough for you whitney?

i watched the ravens last night. they are horrible at full strength.

whitty hutton
11-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Pretty current last 3 and counting. BTW if we talking current how bout all them Superbowls yall been to the last few years, oh I forgot Steelers sent you home twice and the Patriots once. And as far as current it works both ways when the Steelers
DO beat the Rats don't bring up the last 3 regular games cause we deal only in current games.

See you at M&T
Have the :tt04: ready to wipe the tears

whitty hutton
11-19-2012, 10:41 AM
whitney houston OD'd taking a "gatorade" bath. is that current enough for you whitney?

i watched the ravens last night. they are horrible at full strength.

8-2. :coffee:
See you at M&T

tony hipchest
11-19-2012, 10:48 AM
8-2. :coffee:
See you at M&T

CONFIDENCE...

...not even worthy of a silly motivational poster.

:hatsoff:

StainlessStill
11-19-2012, 10:52 AM
See you at M&T
Have the :tt04: ready to wipe the tears

..all that and we'll STILL beat your ass in the playoffs, lmao!

Cya in 2 weeks chump:tt04:

stb_steeler
11-19-2012, 10:54 AM
CONFIDENCE...

...not even worthy of a silly motivational poster.

:hatsoff:

:sign07:

whitty hutton
11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
:sign07:

Just because somebody is a fan of another team doesn't make them a troll. Learn what the word actually means

dez09231
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
I think it's funny how different the perspectives are between Ravens fans and Steelers fans. Is it fun to never have lost a game that matters to Baltimore? Yep. Is it funny that they have Flacco as their QB? Lol, yep. Does it suck losing a divisional game? Yeah, sure does. But, there is always the next game, and the goal of the season isn't to beat Baltimore. I'd take 50 losses to Baltimore if it meant a Super Bowl.

That's really the difference. To us, the end is the Super Bowl, and anything else is a failure. To them, beating the Steelers is everything. Take last year, "Oh we beat you twice! Successful season!" Yeah, but you didn't win the Super Bowl. There are 31 losers and 1 winner. "Yeah, but we beat you twice!"

Different mentality. Different goals. That's why we have more rings than anyone, and aside from earlier last decade, their franchise hasn't been a champion if half a century. That's why they come gloat after beating us. These games are important to us because Baltimore is our #1 competitor due to both teams being upper echelon and playing them twice. We want to beat them to put ourselves in a better position to win titles. They want to beat us because to them beating us is winning a title.

Little brother syndrome.

Blackout
11-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Ravens did nothing last night and we dominated.

Mike Adams needs some help at the line, I feel bad for the kid. He's got a great attitude but he's got alot of pressure on him as a rookie. A few more seasons with strength and conditioning and he should be great at RT. Can't wait for DD to come back too.

BB needs to heal and hopefully no nerve damage. He's been playing at such a high level.

Batch is getting old and Leftwich isn't the answer either. Hopefully we can draft a backup QB next year.

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I think it's funny how different the perspectives are between Ravens fans and Steelers fans. Is it fun to never have lost a game that matters to Baltimore? Yep. Is it funny that they have Flacco as their QB? Lol, yep. Does it suck losing a divisional game? Yeah, sure does. But, there is always the next game, and the goal of the season isn't to beat Baltimore. I'd take 50 losses to Baltimore if it meant a Super Bowl.

That's really the difference. To us, the end is the Super Bowl, and anything else is a failure. To them, beating the Steelers is everything. Take last year, "Oh we beat you twice! Successful season!" Yeah, but you didn't win the Super Bowl. There are 31 losers and 1 winner. "Yeah, but we beat you twice!"

Different mentality. Different goals. That's why we have more rings than anyone, and aside from earlier last decade, their franchise hasn't been a champion if half a century. That's why they come gloat after beating us. These games are important to us because Baltimore is our #1 competitor due to both teams being upper echelon and playing them twice. We want to beat them to put ourselves in a better position to win titles. They want to beat us because to them beating us is winning a title.

Little brother syndrome.

Half a- do you know what a century is? Just curious.

The franchise is ~16 years old.

P.S. we want to beat each other for the same reason: to get to the playoffs, and because we hate each other. There is so much Ravens venom on this board, if you deny that you hate the Ravens, you are just a bold face liar or self delusional.

dez09231
11-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Half a- do you know what a century is? Just curious.

The franchise is ~16 years old.

P.S. we want to beat each other for the same reason: to get to the playoffs and because we hate each other. There is so much Ravens venom on this board, if you deny that you hate the Ravens, you are just a bold face liar or self delusional.

You guys love to pretend that you aren't the Browns. You pretend that you started from nothing in 1996. It's cute.

I do hate the Ravens, but I know that beating them doesn't win us a title. To you guys, you're already champs. You did it. Throw another Gatorade shower on Harbaugh. 3 straight regular season wins? That's 3 straight titles as far as Baltimore is concerned.

Start planning the parade, the Ravens are at their apex -- they beat a team in the regular season.

You've already proved my point. "To get into the playoffs." Beat Pittsburgh, make it to the playoffs = successful season.

Different mentality.

TRH
11-19-2012, 05:42 PM
this thread is now spiraling into a chaotic mess of "13-year old, he said-she said" s**t.

Enough already.

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 10:35 PM
You guys love to pretend that you aren't the Browns. You pretend that you started from nothing in 1996. It's cute.

I do hate the Ravens, but I know that beating them doesn't win us a title. To you guys, you're already champs. You did it. Throw another Gatorade shower on Harbaugh. 3 straight regular season wins? That's 3 straight titles as far as Baltimore is concerned.

Start planning the parade, the Ravens are at their apex -- they beat a team in the regular season.

You've already proved my point. "To get into the playoffs." Beat Pittsburgh, make it to the playoffs = successful season.

Different mentality.

Beating you in the regular season doesn't help us get to the superbowl, once the playoffs start everyone is 0-0. Beating you only puts us in position to make a better playoff run. Are you actually that dense?:coffee:

SteelersCanada
11-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Beating you in the regular season doesn't help us get to the superbowl, once the playoffs start everyone is 0-0. Beating you only puts us in position to make a better playoff run. Are you actually that dense?:coffee:

What's with the gatorade bath, then? If that's not your Super Bowl win, are you conceding it was a classless and unprofessional move?

kent
11-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Goats: 1. Wallace
2. Special teams
3. Todd Haley and Tomlin

Im not going to hate on Lefty because he did score the only offensive touchdown of the game and played the rest of the game with broken ribs. That leads me to Tomlin who simply should have just took him out for performance and health reasons. Todd haley's playcalling killed us. Our biggest drive of the game we ran down the field to the 11. Then we throw on first and third downs when they hadnt stopped dwyer all drive. Wallace's fumble killed our momentum and led to a score. He lacked effort on that low pass and the pass in the endzone. I saw the play close in person and on replays it showed he could have gotten his other foot in even though it would have been a tough catch. You just cant give up a punt return for touchdown and there were alot of missed tackles on other returns

On a positive not the D played very well. Completely shut down the running game. Keenan lewis really impressed me and love the way he hams it up to the crowd and is really into the game. Good to see some sacks too but we need to force some TURNOVERS. Would have changed the outcome of the game.

bornaSteelersfan
11-20-2012, 02:57 AM
The biggest goat by far was Wallace. He can't seem to hold on to the ball in dry weather, let alone wet weather. He had a couple of chances for redemption after that fumble and failed miserably.

Sure, Lefty didn't do well, but how well would anyone throw with 2 cracked ribs. I applaud his effort. He is definitely a warrior. I believe he may have taken all the snaps for the week and Batch hasn't even had a chance to prepare with the new coordinator. Batch will be ready for next week, though.

On a side note, did anyone see the TD dance Jacoby Jones made? He clearly copied Antonio Browns' TD dance; in "our house", too. That to me just proves The Ravens' envy of The Steelers and clear inferiority complex.

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Another Raven fan getting ahead of himself. Most clueless fans in the NFL...by a long shot.

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Just because somebody is a fan of another team doesn't make them a troll. Learn what the word actually means

I looked it up in the dictionary and saw your picture.

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 11:01 AM
What's with the gatorade bath, then? If that's not your Super Bowl win, are you conceding it was a classless and unprofessional move?

Absolutely I am, and if you look at my post history I started a thread on these boards stating exactly that when it happened. Does it make the team classless and unprofessional, which seems to be your implication? No, but it was a bad moment for Ravens history no doubt. You won't see it again, guaranteed.

SteelersCanada
11-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Absolutely I am, and if you look at my post history I started a thread on these boards stating exactly that when it happened. Does it make the team classless and unprofessional, which seems to be your implication? No, but it was a bad moment for Ravens history no doubt. You won't see it again, guaranteed.

You're one of the very few that are, then. I wasn't calling the organization as a whole classless - but that was definitely a low point for the Ravens. This rivalry is already the best in sports, and there's no need to 'muddy' it up with this kind of stuff. I may hate the Ravens with every bone in my body, but I can respect the organization and Ozzie.

See you in two weeks. :tt04:

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 11:11 AM
You're one of the very few that are, then. I wasn't calling the organization as a whole classless - but that was definitely a low point for the Ravens. This rivalry is already the best in sports, and there's no need to 'muddy' it up with this kind of stuff. I may hate the Ravens with every bone in my body, but I can respect the organization and Ozzie.

See you in two weeks. :tt04:

:drink:

Should be a good one, I hope Ben is back.

zcoop
11-22-2012, 07:43 AM

Some folks recognize talent when they see it. Folks can piss and moan all they want about Wallace but give him an offense that throws the ball down field and he thrives.

Dinking and Dunking is not the ultimate situation for premiere WRs. This kid has proven that he can excel at this level and if we let him go, we will regret it.