PDA

View Full Version : Stan Savran interesting Question

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Was watching Stan Savran today on Sportsbeat and he had two question so I thought I throw them out there to see what everyone else thinks...

Question #1 was about Ike Taylor and I see everyone's thoughts on him in the other thread.

On to question #2 who is the steeler without the obvious ben, what player rookie or veteran are you going to most closely watch in Saturday's preseason game.

Question #2.... Becuase of Ward's hammy Nate Washington gets the start. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this kid and think he can be a real play maker. He's got great hands and catches the ball in front of him away from his body, you don't see this a lot. So that is who I'll be watching on Saturday pre-season game.

:sign04:

melroseplace
08-09-2006, 11:38 PM
like you said, obviously I'm interested to see how Ben will be playing (if they play him...I won't be surprised either way), I'm also really interested to see Washington in action. I'm sure he's gonna make the most of this opportunity to show the coaches what he's got. also hoping to see a little Reid action

Haiku_Dirtt
08-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Non-starters. McFadden and Kemoeatu. To be sure Willie Reid and Jacobs.

The short list.

Steel Pit
08-10-2006, 02:19 AM
James Harrison. The Steelers have to find a way to get this guy on the field in a starting role. He exemplifies the mean and nasty tradition that the Steelers have been missing at the LB position since the departure of Greg Lloyd.

Midnightwriter07
08-10-2006, 05:45 AM
all draft picks pretty much... Holmes, Reid, Colon, Phillips, Humes, Smith Harris... also the picks from last year and see how they are coming along.

Spidey
08-10-2006, 05:51 AM
I'd say Harrison, Colclough and Smith on D

and Jacobs, Phillips, Colon, Holmes and Washington on O!

83-Steelers-43
08-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Ryan Clark will be the guy I'm going to be paying attention to the most. After him.........

McFadden
Colon
Harris
Washington
Holmes

HometownGal
08-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Ryan Clark will be the guy I'm going to be paying attention to the most.

Ditto on Ryan Clark. I want to see how well this guy fits into our secondary. I'm also going to be watching Santonio, Nate and Willie Reid. They all looked pretty good in camp the other day and I want to see their playmaking abilities against the Cards' D. I'm hoping they get a lot of playing time against the Cards first and second team D's - Arizona had a pretty good D overall last season.

I also would like to focus a bit on Omar Jacobs. There have been conflicting reports on him coming out of camp but watching him at camp a few days ago - he looked pretty sharp to me. No better way than to dispel the doubters but to get out there and kick ass! :cool:

tony hipchest
08-10-2006, 08:34 AM
if willie parker gets the start and goes against arizonas 1st teamers that means duce will probably play 2nd string and possibly tear up az's back ups. im curious how this will play out. duce has a chance to look great. im wondering if most fans start calling for him to be the starter if this happens.

Midnightwriter07
08-10-2006, 08:39 AM
I think everyone is pretty much stuck on parker starting and Duce being the number 2 guy no matter what happens in Preseason. Now if in the reg season, Parker starts and doesnt get anything going, then we have the luxery of swapping them around and playing Duce for awhile to see what he can do and bring Parker in on select plays. This may happen during the season where Staley could get more carries if he is the one that gets going and Parker is in at select times. I dont think either scenerio is a concern and i dont really care who starts ... whatever formula will win us that game that day is fine by me.

tony hipchest
08-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Ryan Clark will be the guy I'm going to be paying attention to the most. After him.........

i was listening to a sportswriter from D.C. this morning (dont know his name but he has a hall of fame vote) and he was saying how sean taylor was gonna miss ryan clark and adam archuletta will be a tough adjustment for him. he said the same thing about clark that weve heard about c. hope. "safety net", "lets the star play with wreckless abandon", "solid player" etc.

this pick up just seems to get better and better each day. great job of team scouting by the steelers. i never even noticed clark when he played for the skins.

when troy and clark come out of the preseason games i think it will be fun to watch the tandem of carter and smith absolutely maul teams 2nd strings. especially with mcfadden and colclough plaing 2nd string corners. i cant wait to see how deep our secondary really is. i think alot of eyes will be openned.

83-Steelers-43
08-10-2006, 11:48 AM
i was listening to a sportswriter from D.C. this morning (dont know his name but he has a hall of fame vote) and he was saying how sean taylor was gonna miss ryan clark and adam archuletta will be a tough adjustment for him. he said the same thing about clark that weve heard about c. hope. "safety net", "lets the star play with wreckless abandon", "solid player" etc.

this pick up just seems to get better and better each day. great job of team scouting by the steelers. i never even noticed clark when he played for the skins.

when troy and clark come out of the preseason games i think it will be fun to watch the tandem of carter and smith absolutely maul teams 2nd strings. especially with mcfadden and colclough plaing 2nd string corners. i cant wait to see how deep our secondary really is. i think alot of eyes will be openned.

Nice. As I've stated in the past, every time they interview the kid on Sports Beat I get more and more pumped to watch him play. I've heard nothing but great things about him coming out of the DC area media and the local media. In my opinion, Hope will be an overpaid memory after Steeler fans see the way Clark plays. I have complete faith.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Hope will be an overpaid memory after Steeler fans see the way Clark plays. I have complete faith.

If not a flat out improvement. Ryan - I think - will prove to be tougher and better against the run in short yardage situations and at the goal line. Add ARE to the overpaid memory list although his Super Bowl effort won't be forgotten.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-10-2006, 01:25 PM
I think everyone is pretty much stuck on parker starting and Duce being the number 2 guy no matter what happens in Preseason.

Even though my faith in Duce is shaky on the flip side if he regains his form that we saw when he started in 2004 then he could easily be No. 1. He ran a strong downhill style and he was averaging just under 5 yds. per carry. Over 5 yds. against the Super Bowl Champion Patriots. But he's reached 1000 only 3 times in his career. I'd be looking at it like Parker and Duce are both No. 1s in a way and if we get 800 from Duce this season then we'll go deep if not all the way to XLI

19ward86
08-10-2006, 01:31 PM
washington,harrison,parker(see if he can repeat last years preseason.10ypc.)and omar jacobs

Midnightwriter07
08-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Staley has always been pretty much in a running back by committee approach until he got his shot in which he had 700 plus yards inthe first 7 games of the season before he got hurt his 1st year here. I agree, we do have two potential #1's and is why i think we are in better shape than people think considering Stahley didnt play last year. Like i said, Parker will and rightfully so get the nod no matter what to start the season and unless he doesnt produce, Staley will come in if and when Parker cant go anywhere. I like our situation.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Offense: Holmes

then: Washington, Phillips, Colon, and Humes

Defense: Clark

then: Keisel, Mcfadden, Harris and Smith

Black@Gold Forever32
08-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Of course I want to see the rookies. Then the various other young players mentioned through out this thread. But I really want to see Ryan Clark and he is picking up the defense. I thought it was a good signing when we signed him. As somebody mentioned in a few posts up in this thread. The Clark signing sounds better each passing day.

Oh yea one thing to add about this game. No injuries please. I hate nothing more then to see somebody injured in a pre-season game.

Midnightwriter07
08-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Injuries in pre season games suck ass

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
I think either one can start and we will do just fine...Its not who starts but what plays go to each back...Duce is going to pound it and parker is going to get the counters, outside runs, and screens...