PDA

View Full Version : how do we lose when we have all these great players?

sloppyjoe
11-19-2012, 08:37 AM
all i ever hear is how we are loaded and have a roster full of all pro or soon to be all pro players on it. who's to blame then for shitting the bed?

great
ben
mendy
redman
dwyer
heath
wallace
sanders
brown
pouncey

good
starks
colon
adams

great
ike
woodley
harrison
polomalu
clark
timmons
keisel
hampton

[B]good[/B
]hood
heyward
foote

add a top 3 head coach in the league, a top 3 defensive coordinator and a good offensive coordinator.
i dont see how its possible to have all this talent but cant beat medicore/good teams even with a couple injuries. what gives?

StainlessStill
11-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Dude, it's not week 17 and we AREN'T eliminated from playoff contention! We were riding a 4 game winning streak and just lost our elite QB and Pro-Bowl WR to injury. We aren't going away whether the league likes it or not. Re-group for Cleveland Sunday!

TRH
11-19-2012, 08:45 AM
#1 - Mendenhall belongs in your "good" column. He's not a "great" back. He's not even among the league's best.

2 - look at how many of those guys listed are either injured or past their prime. Even someone like Pouncey isn't playing at 100%. And Harrison, though on the field and improving, is still past his prime and saddled with injuries that are affecting his performance.

It's really not to hard to answer your question.

p.s. And don't forget our sorry a** ST squad keeps putting us in greater positions to lose.

]

steeltheone
11-19-2012, 09:03 AM
all i ever hear is how we are loaded and have a roster full of all pro or soon to be all pro players on it. who's to blame then for shitting the bed?

great
ben
mendy
redman
dwyer
heath
wallace
sanders
brown
pouncey

good
starks
colon
adams

great
ike
woodley
harrison
polomalu
clark
timmons
keisel
hampton

[B]good[/B
]hood
heyward
foote

add a top 3 head coach in the league, a top 3 defensive coordinator and a good offensive coordinator.
i dont see how its possible to have all this talent but cant beat medicore/good teams even with a couple injuries. what gives? The league is full of good to very good players. The only " great " players on this squad are Ben, Troy Harrison and Woodley. To call Dwyer a " great " player is borderline insane.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-19-2012, 09:11 AM
The league is full of good to very good players. The only " great " players on this squad are Ben, Troy Harrison and Woodley. To call Dwyer a " great " player is borderline insane.

THANK YOU!!

How do some fans think we are the only team in the NFL with good players????

Terminator
11-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't even call Woodley or Harrison great. Not anymore. They are good. They are by no means in the class of elite linebackers though.

The only players we have that could be considered in the elite of their position are Big Ben and Troy. That is it. Maybe Pouncey as far as centers go.

Darkstorm05
11-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I wouldn't even call Woodley or Harrison great. Not anymore. They are good. They are by no means in the class of elite linebackers though.

The only players we have that could be considered in the elite of their position are Big Ben and Troy. That is it. Maybe Pouncey as far as centers go.

You referring to Troy's position as bench pilot? "Great" players play. Ben is it, Pouncey is almost there, and Brown, too. That's pretty much the list this year.

FanSince72
11-19-2012, 09:48 AM

great
ben
mendy
redman
dwyer
heath
wallace
sanders
brown
pouncey

good
starks
colon
adams

great
ike
woodley
harrison
polomalu
clark
timmons
keisel
hampton

[B]good[/B
]hood
heyward
foote

i dont see how its possible to have all this talent but cant beat medicore/good teams even with a couple injuries. what gives?

Dude...

Put the bowling ball down and step away from the bridge rail.
We lost a football game to an arch rival by 3 points.
There are six more games to play.

Relax.

Breathe.

Think: "Oceans... oceans... oceans..."

sloppyjoe
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
ummm, i was being sarcastic about our players.
that's what i hear from all the fans is how great all our players and coaches are yet we still find a way to lose to inferior teams.

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 01:21 PM
cause we have a really shitty backup QB :chuckle: