PDA

View Full Version : is it only me?

Millers the sh!t
11-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Or is anyone else proud of the final score of last nights game? Considering we had 3 prowm bowlers out of the line up, shitty play calling, shitty QBing, and shitty special teams. I was really expecting a huge blow out last night in Baltimore's favor, considering we lost by 3 I feel really proud of most players on this team and it seems like when Ben cones back I feel real hopeful for a deep playoff run.

I've dogged a lot on ike Taylor for the past season and a half, but I'm glad he seems to be getting his swagger back over the last few weeks. This defense is looking great. This is probably the easiest loss I've ever taken.

Here's to the future.

StainlessStill
11-19-2012, 09:57 AM
No morale victories allowed on my watch. Scoreboard or not, we lost the game!

3rdandlong
11-19-2012, 09:57 AM
We should have won if not for lousy coaching decisions by Tomlin. I hated to waste last nights effort in a loss, so I wasn't feeling great. If we'd have had Ben in, we would have won easily

StainlessStill
11-19-2012, 09:59 AM
I told my buddy that if Lefty can lead us to two touchdowns and the defense does its job, we win the game! We fell one TD drive short of that theory. 3rd and 2 and we attempt a low-percentage fade ball? Bad decision!

FanSince72
11-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Or is anyone else proud of the final score of last nights game? Considering we had 3 prowm bowlers out of the line up, shitty play calling, shitty QBing, and shitty special teams. I was really expecting a huge blow out last night in Baltimore's favor, considering we lost by 3 I feel really proud of most players on this team and it seems like when Ben cones back I feel real hopeful for a deep playoff run.

I've dogged a lot on ike Taylor for the past season and a half, but I'm glad he seems to be getting his swagger back over the last few weeks. This defense is looking great. This is probably the easiest loss I've ever taken.

Here's to the future.

Yeah, I thought about that too, but let's be honest -- there's no way we should have lost that game.

nj1923steelgirl
11-19-2012, 10:05 AM
We were crap last night and it was a hard game to watch...Lefty was bad....and once big 33 was knocked out of the game Mendy was way too rusty to get much on the run.......

steeltheone
11-19-2012, 10:16 AM
The Ravens probably have as many or more injuries than the Steelers. Losing our QB was huge, but don't fool yourself to think we lost because of any other injuries.

StainlessStill
11-19-2012, 10:23 AM
I hear yah, STO, but Ben is simply IRREPLACEABLE! An o-lineman going down? FINE, we've been there before, suit up and lets go. Lose a safety? Fine, suit up and lets go. We can win with our backups at any other position. Losing Ben is suicide. Did you see that offense last night? PUTRID! Ben makes all the difference in the world.

IRREPLACEABLE.

DoctorCAD
11-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Never proud of a "L"

stb_steeler
11-19-2012, 12:01 PM
We were crap last night and it was a hard game to watch...Lefty was bad....and once big 33 was knocked out of the game Mendy was way too rusty to get much on the run.......

To bad coaching couldnt make adjustments, this game was definitely in reach.

mmaeastcoast
11-19-2012, 12:02 PM
The Ravens had their share of injuries and players out as well

Ray Lewis, Webb, Jimmy Smith, Pernell McPhee, Ed Reed(injured), Ngata(injured), Suggs(coming back from Achilles)

so its not like that were at full strength either

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
i was happy with the way the defense played, they are finally starting to gel together.

offense, eh.. can't really expect much out of leftwich. would like to see us draft a rookie qb because lefty sucks, and batch is probably too old already

Todd Haley
11-19-2012, 12:31 PM

Ray Lewis, Webb, Jimmy Smith, Pernell McPhee, Ed Reed(injured), Ngata(injured), Suggs(coming back from Achilles)

so its not like that were at full strength either

And if Tyrod Taylor was starting against Ben, Ravens fans would have every excuse...

Quarterback is the most important position in the game, stop trying to make the injuries like they cancel out eachother when they clearly dont.

Millers the sh!t
11-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Bunch of slack jawed ******s around here.

I guess I'm all alone on this one.

Darkstorm05
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Bunch of slack jawed ******s around here.

I guess I'm all alone on this one.

IMO, we did what seemed right at the time. The D had a monster game. If you look through everything, there's only a couple plays you can really point at and agree they were bad. The thing is, even some of those were bad for iffy reasons.

The return for a TD was horrible, but the refs seemed to have missed illegal blocks that should have called it back. Wallace fumbled, and some say he didn't protect the ball, but if you look at it closely it's hard to be sure he even had full control.

Maybe Batch should have come in, but I think that final sack would have put him on IR for the year. then what are supposed to do? We did what we could with what we had, and almost pulled it out. There was a TON of gloom and doom saying to hang up our season going into this game, but we hung in there until the end. We'll turn it around.

austinfrench76
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm with you. I thought it was going to possibly get out of hand. I think we need to sign another QB, let Batch play now and wait for BB, not that we have much of a choice on that, but our D was awesome. The only problem we have right now is turnovers. Besides the Injuries this is killing us.

desertsteel
11-19-2012, 02:29 PM
The Ravens probably have as many or more injuries than the Steelers. Losing our QB was huge, but don't fool yourself to think we lost because of any other injuries.

We lost because Ben was out. Period. Leftwich wasn't right after the first series so that didn't help. That dude must hurt himself getting out of the shower in the morning... He was bad after the first drive. We probably should have went to Batch after that killer sack on Leftwich.

desertsteel
11-19-2012, 03:15 PM

so its not like that were at full strength eitherYou can interchange most guys in this league, even Ray and Troy. QB is NOT one of those positions. It is probably the only one in all of sports that you can't.