PDA

View Full Version : Since Antonio Went Down

3rdandlong
11-19-2012, 08:56 AM
One thing that I've noticed since Antonio went down is that our receiver aren't getting open nearly as much. Last week I blamed the weather and poor field conditions. Last night it seemed like Byron had plenty of time but had to hold onto the ball for awhile. Wallace really is a one trick pony

FacemeIke
11-19-2012, 09:06 AM
I completely agree. Even when Ben was in there against KC no one is getting open consistantly. Wallace is losing money each game. Sanders looked more like the #1 option last night with Brown out.

Stairway to 7
11-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Sick and tired of Wallace and his pansy ass play.

Edman
11-19-2012, 09:33 AM
While this whole situation sucks, the writing is on the wall for Wallace for next year.

Mikey can go take a hike.

Rotorhead
11-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Yeah, he is certainly not working for a payday

Riddle_Of_Steel
11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
I daresay we win that one last night if we had Brown. Dude is a highlight reel on legs.

People have been saying for months that Wallace is important because he opens things up for Brown. I think it is quite the opposite.

TRH
11-19-2012, 06:23 PM
when's Brown coming back?

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
when's Brown coming back?

Supposedly 2 more weeks

If the Steelers lose in Cleveland my bet is AB definitely tries to play in Baltimore

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2012, 06:27 PM
While this whole situation sucks, the writing is on the wall for Wallace for next year.

Mikey can go take a hike.

Yep - props to the posters on this board (I was not one of them) who were saying losing Wallace and getting a #1 draft pick as compensation might be the way to go

steeltheone
11-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Yep - props to the posters on this board (I was not one of them) who were saying losing Wallace and getting a #1 draft pick as compensation might be the way to go Add me to that list, i never understood what people saw in a guy who can run fast and that's all.

steeltheone
11-19-2012, 07:43 PM
I daresay we win that one last night if we had Brown. Dude is a highlight reel on legs.

People have been saying for months that Wallace is important because he opens things up for Brown. I think it is quite the opposite.

Brown has 42 catches for 499 yards and 1 touchdown, that's hardly worthy all the praise he gets. He is good, but not at the level this board seems to put him on.

bornaSteelersfan
11-20-2012, 03:12 AM
Brown has 42 catches for 499 yards and 1 touchdown, that's hardly worthy all the praise he gets. He is good, but not at the level this board seems to put him on.

Here's praise for you. Out of his 63 receptions last season, 22 came on third downs that were converted to first downs with the reception. This year, his stats are similar. He is the "clutch" receiver and we are missing him.