PDA

View Full Version : Ravens fan here just want to say a few things

Pages : [1] 2

mmaeastcoast
11-19-2012, 11:14 AM
First off, before you guys bite my head off, I just want to say I RESPECT your team and the organization. Our teams are very much built the same way...

I've been reading a lot of articles and posts about how Joe sucks and people call him JOE FLUCKO...lets just go to last night, Joe was pretty on point for the most part but the WRs weren't on the same page, on a few passes Joe threw the ball in one spot and the guy was in a different spot. He ended the game with a 62% completion percentage. On another play that would have been a long TD pass Boldin stopped running late in his route on a ball that was catchable in the endzone. Torrey Smith does this it seems every game...its not that Joe Flacco sucks, its that all 11 guys have to be on the same page.

Joe is the man imo, he's probably the toughest QB in the league and he never misses a game, last year he outplayed Tom Brady, he threw the game winning TD but Lee Evans just didnt secure it and had it knocked out, then the kicker who shall not be named shanked it wide left and thats all she wrote. Some of you act like Joe is trash and will never lead us to the Superbowl when in fact he already has. Yes, I know we actually didnt make it but he led us there, he did everything needed to put us there...well other than throwing the pass running down the field and catching it himself. At times it felt like thats what he needed to do. Since Joe came on board this Ravens/Steelers rivalry has been much more even. I respect you guys and your team and it'd be nice if you'd respect our guys as well but I know how defeat feels and I cant blame you for being angry.

As far as the run game last night you guys blew us up, our OL is poor at run blocking and Rice hasnt been running like himself for whatever reason it wasnt just last night.

Let me remind you, YES we are not playing our best football right now..but neither were the GIants until late last year when they made it as a Wild Card and road that hot streak all the way to the Super bowl, the Packers did something simillar a few years ago too....so its not how you start, you dont want to peak in week 5, its how you finish...Id be perfectly fine struggling but pulling out wins and then hit on all cylinders come playoff time. They say Matt Ryan has ice in his veins but he melts under the pressure of the playoffs. Flacco has no pulse when big games come and there's no QB I'd rather have on my team.

I'm sure we'll be seeing you in the playoffs IF Ben gets healthy and I look forward to seeing you at the BANK in two weeks. Good luck

(sorry, i didnt mean to write a novel)

:wave:

StainlessStill
11-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Cya in 2 weeks.

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 11:20 AM
sucks that ben was injured, it would have been a more exciting game

stb_steeler
11-19-2012, 11:26 AM
sucks that ben was injured, it would have been a more exciting game

It would have been a whole different story then :wink02:

Edman
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
The AFC is wide open this year. The Ravens are 8-2 and will more than likely win the North again, but whoever gets healthy and hot at the right time will win. This is looking more and more like one of those years. Right now, the Steelers just have to wait on Ben to return.

Curtiss pittb86t
11-19-2012, 12:07 PM
The AFC is wide open this year. The Ravens are 8-2 and will more than likely win the North again, but whoever gets healthy and hot at the right time will win. This is looking more and more like one of those years. Right now, the Steelers just have to wait on Ben to return.

The Ravens are up two games in the division, Denver is up three games in the division, and New England is up three games in the division. I am not sure if I get what you are saying about the AFC being wide open. It is pretty cut and dry that the Steelers can easily screw this up and not make a wild card bit.

whitejw07
11-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Flacco still sucks. He couldn't create one offensive TD for the Ravens last night. He hasn't led the Ravens to the Super Bowl. Yeah he's been close, but if close counted then Jim Kelly would have a ring or two on his hand. You wouldn't want anyone besides Flacco leading your team? This is where it just gets funny. Toughest qb in the league? Pretty sure that he plays for us.

Yes, Flacco is better than the quarterbacks you had before. But he's not elite and you talk as though he's a lot better than he is. He had fewer passing yards than Leftwich last night. Leftwich at least created a touchdown for our offense. Don't come on here advocating for Flacco when Leftwich matched/outplayed him last night. Flacco has been an inconsistent game-manager throughout his career, nothing more.

I had numerous friends (non-Steelers fans) tell me last night that they couldn't believe how bad Flacco was. I've also told these same friends for the last few years that Flacco is a bum and he's no better than the average QB in this league. Right now, Dalton is threatening to take his spot as second-best QB in the division.

whitty hutton
11-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Flacco still sucks. He couldn't create one offensive TD for the Ravens last night. He hasn't led the Ravens to the Super Bowl. Yeah he's been close, but if close counted then Jim Kelly would have a ring or two on his hand. You wouldn't want anyone besides Flacco leading your team? This is where it just gets funny. Toughest qb in the league? Pretty sure that he plays for us.

Yes, Flacco is better than the quarterbacks you had before. But he's not elite and you talk as though he's a lot better than he is. He had fewer passing yards than Leftwich last night. Leftwich at least created a touchdown for our offense. Don't come on here advocating for Flacco when Leftwich matched/outplayed him last night. Flacco has been an inconsistent game-manager throughout his career, nothing more.

I had numerous friends (non-Steelers fans) tell me last night that they couldn't believe how bad Flacco was. I've also told these same friends for the last few years that Flacco is a bum and he's no better than the average QB in this league. Right now, Dalton is threatening to take his spot as second-best QB in the division.
Can't blame Joe for Lee Evans

Terminator
11-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Why are there so many Ravens fans on Steelers Fever today?

Edman
11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
The Ravens are up two games in the division, Denver is up three games in the division, and New England is up three games in the division. I am not sure if I get what you are saying about the AFC being wide open. It is pretty cut and dry that the Steelers can easily screw this up and not make a wild card bit.

It's "wide open" in the sense that all of those teams are quite beatable. Houston is by and far the team to beat in the AFC.

steelfury02
11-19-2012, 12:42 PM
if you are looking for Steelers fans to legitimize the Ravens in general or maximize what an AFC championship appearance means, you just won't find it here for the most part. We have had our almost but no cigar years plenty of times, and at the hands of the Patriots and the Broncos. Until you guys get a ring - you just won't find admiration from Steeler Nation. Sorry. I'll go as far to admit that with Joe Flacco, your team is better than it ever has been - but I will say - last year's Ravens looked a helluva a lot deadlier than this year's.

If we see you in the playoffs with a healthy team, you better believe our black and gold are well past "sick of losing to you" and I think you'll find the outcome quite different. The roster assembled for the Giants game is what you might get and even more come that time. Congratulations - but as you said, you have to win it all - anything less is a failure as far as being a part of the big boys group.

austinfrench76
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM
The reality is, if we have Ben last nioght we win by a large margin. Really - not much of a game with BB in there. We had opportunities with a HURT Byron Leftwich. Our D was amazing and our CB's couldn't have played better (other thna not 1 damned turnover!). Here's to BB coming back in 2 weeks. We damn sure need him.

SoCalFan
11-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Flacco toughest in the league? You would have him over ANY qb in the league? Hmmm, way to be a homer!

Terminator
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM
A Ravens homer comes onto a Steeler forum to gloat and ask for respect the day after their win over Pittsburgh.

Are you FUCKING kidding me????

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 01:21 PM
The reality is, if we have Ben last nioght we win by a large margin. Really - not much of a game with BB in there. We had opportunities with a HURT Byron Leftwich. Our D was amazing and our CB's couldn't have played better (other thna not 1 damned turnover!). Here's to BB coming back in 2 weeks. We damn sure need him.

I understand, but hate, this argument. If we had Ray Lewis, Lardarius Webb, healthy Ngata/Suggs, Jerry Rice, Johnny Unitas, Babe Ruth, and The Human Torch, we would have won. We didn't, and you didn't. You had who you had, and if there were different people in there, there is no telling how the game would have gone, so it is pointless to make these hypothetical retroactive predictions.

SoCalFan
11-19-2012, 01:25 PM
I understand, but hate, this argument. If we had Ray Lewis, Lardarius Webb, healthy Ngata/Suggs, Jerry Rice, Johnny Unitas, Babe Ruth, and The Human Torch, we would have won. We didn't, and you didn't. You had who you had, and if there were different people in there, there is no telling how the game would have gone, so it is pointless to make these hypothetical retroactive predictions.

With both teams at 100% we win, hands down! Our missing key players, Troy, Ben (especially Ben) & A Brown have a much bigger impact while out! Sorry to tell you that self loathing punk BITCH lewis will NEVER be the same!

whitty hutton
11-19-2012, 01:28 PM
With both teams at 100% we win, hands down! Our missing key players, Troy, Ben (especially Ben) & A Brown have a much bigger impact while out! Sorry to tell you that self loathing punk BITCH lewis will NEVER be the same!

Neither will Troy
And I'll paypal you $5,000 to say that to Ray's face lol

Terminator
11-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Neither will Troy

Why are you here? Go play at the Inner Harbor.

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 01:30 PM
it's all speculation and of course our chances go up with big ben in the lineup, but the fact of the matter is he wasn't playing, and probably will not be playing in 2 weeks.

as a team they just have to deal with it. on the bright side it's still midseason and ben has time to get back before the playoffs. enter the playoffs as a wildcard, but a healthy one, we'll be the team nobody wants to face if we're going in healthy.

whitty hutton
11-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Why are you here? Go play at the Inner Harbor.

But am i lying?

SoCalFan
11-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Neither will Troy
And I'll paypal you $5,000 to say that to Ray's face lol Im 6-2 225lbs with a jiu jitsu backing, I FEAR NO ONE! Besides, if he hits me I sue!:toofunny:

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 01:44 PM

I am not going to argue hypotheticals with you, want to argue superman versus batman while we are at it?

We were both missing huge impact players--primarily Webb for us, and the fact that Suggs/Ngata are at about 50%, and you can kick and scream that you would have won 100% if they were there, but we'll never know, will we?

Edman
11-19-2012, 01:50 PM
As Tomlin said, excuses are for the incompetent.

The Ravens won fair and square. Gotta admit, the Steelers faired better than they could have.

Byron is made of glass.

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Im 6-2 225lbs with a jiu jitsu backing, I FEAR NO ONE! Besides, if he hits me I sue!:toofunny:

:chuckle:

goE0zHYx2r4

Blackout
11-19-2012, 03:19 PM
As Tomlin said, excuses are for the incompetent.

Did Tomlin really say that? If so, I have more respect for him now, not that I didn't have it before.

WVABE
11-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Reed just got a 1 game suspension for the hit on Manny.

Personally I think its bullshit, but hey, surprized they didn't fine James
while they were at it.

tanda10506
11-19-2012, 03:59 PM
OP, It's pretty obvious that going from a HOF QB to a bench warmer is about the biggest loss a team can have. Ben's injury is bigger to us then all of our injuries combined, and QB is the ONE position that the "next man up" motto does not apply. IMO we could lose 10 other starters and still have a better chance at winning then with just Ben being out, just as Lewis and Webb being out for your team would be minor compared to if Flacco went out.

Anyway, the arguments have already been made about the injuries and it is what it is, but what I want to know is why would you come on here boasting about Flacco? Your offense scored 6 points last night! Matter of fact, Leftwich who played injured (and isn't that good in the first place) scored more then Flacco. Flacco put your team in position to get ONE FG last night, yet you come here and make a post about how he doesn't suck? Even when we turned it over and Flacco had the short field they still only scored a FG. Maybe in Baltimore the standards are that low, but if Big Ben got a short field twice and was still only able to "put us in position" to get 6 points ALL GAME, we'd be pissed, not bragging.

steelerzfannforever
11-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I am not going to argue hypotheticals with you, want to argue superman versus batman while we are at it?

We were both missing huge impact players--primarily Webb for us, and the fact that Suggs/Ngata are at about 50%, and you can kick and scream that you would have won 100% if they were there, but we'll never know, will we?

A quarterback is far more important to his team than a CB or Lineman, especially when its one the caliber of Roethlisberger. Your argument that you were missing impact players holds no water. Webb and Ngata are no where near to the impact player Ben is. Yes, I will respect that you won, but you know as well as all of us that if Ben would have played last night, we blow you out! Its that simple! You know it and we know it!

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 04:13 PM

Personally I think its bullshit, but hey, surprized they didn't fine James
while they were at it.

seriously? i didn't even think it deserved a penalty tbh. it was helmet to helmet but pretty weak

Unkindness
11-19-2012, 04:21 PM
seriously? i didn't even think it deserved a penalty tbh. it was helmet to helmet but pretty weak

Because he is a repeat offender. He's been flagged three times. The first being---in 2010. Not making that up, the NFL said that. He's appealing.

tanda10506
11-19-2012, 04:30 PM

Goodell has ruined this league to the point that die hard "bleed black and gold" Steeler fans like myself are defending Ed Reed and the Ravens in forums. Being a commissioner and having your league fall to that point is like your daughter becoming a stripper....you failed!

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
i don't get why the NFL always hypes up Steelers vs Ravens as a hard-hitting, can't miss matchup, when they actually don't want any of the hard hitting?

stupid, i don't like this suspension one bit. I don't like the ravens at all, but my love for football outweighs any dislike i have for another team. goodell sucks.

http://www.stillers.com/UserFiles/Images/Trenches/AdolfGoodell-01.png

FrancoLambert
11-19-2012, 05:11 PM
"Joe Flacco is the toughest QB in football."
Buddy, you lost all credibility with that one statement. Especially since you made that ridiculous claim on a site whose members have seen the epitome of toughness in a QB.
No QB is "tougher" than Ben Roethlisberger. Period.

bhandsome08
11-19-2012, 05:43 PM

It deserved a penalty, regardless if it was a "weak" hit. It is still helmet to helmet.
I do think, he shouldn't have a gotten a suspension. A fine would have sufficed.

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
It deserved a penalty, regardless if it was a "weak" hit. It is still helmet to helmet.
I do think, he shouldn't have a gotten a suspension. A fine would have sufficed.

He had to get a suspension by rule since he received a fine, 3 game lapse. Once earlier this season against the Bradys, and once in 2010 against the Breeses.

teegre
11-19-2012, 06:01 PM
He had to get a suspension by rule since he received a fine, 3 game lapse. Once earlier this season against the Bradys, and once in 2010 against the Breeses.

That is so offing dumb. There was nothing "dirty" about that hit.

Seriously... WTF!?!

teegre
11-19-2012, 06:04 PM

I can agree with that. It was "penalty worthy", because it was indeed helmet-to-helmet, but it was not a "dirty" hit. Ed Reed does NOT head-hunt.

I hate the Ravens, but I think that Ed Reed being suspended is an offing joke!!! Give him a fine (for hitting "too high"), but to suspend him... really???

Man I'm starting to think that Goodell is actually Vince McMahon.

Lokki
11-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Joe is the man imo, he's probably the toughest QB in the league and he never misses a game

You seriously think that he is tougher than Ben? Ben has played through a whole heck of a lot. If there was a way for him to play through this injury, you best believe he would be out there.

PhantomJB93
11-19-2012, 06:52 PM
It's one thing to try and legitimize Flaccid, but to call him the toughest QB in the league...on a site of Roethlisberger fans no less...that just lost you all credibility.

4xSBChamps
11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Goodell has ruined this league to the point that die hard "bleed black and gold" Steeler fans like myself are defending Ed Reed and the Ravens in forums. Being a commissioner and having your league fall to that point is like your daughter becoming a stripper....you failed!

I grew-up in a time when 'em Stillers sucked (Colts were in Baltimore, Cardinals in St, Louis, Rams in Los Angeles, etc.), yet watched every road-game, and listended to every home game (pre 1973), with my dad, then discussed them for 6 days, until the next game

the last 6-8 years, I find myself watching less and less, and rarely thinking or discussing the recent games, because I don't recognize this as the game I loved

this year, winning or losing, I can't watch more than 2 quarters of an NFL game, Steelers included

good-job, Ms. Goodell

TRH
11-19-2012, 07:08 PM
It's one thing to try and legitimize Flaccid, but to call him the toughest QB in the league...on a site of Roethlisberger fans no less...that just lost you all credibility.

I agree. I'm not a Flacco "hater" as some are - of the mid-level QB's, i think he's near the top of that list.
However, Flacco only plays good when he's NOT pressured. At all. When he's put under strong pressure and big pass rush, he flops - almost always.
So - even though i will vouch for him more than others will around here - there's one thing he is CLEARLY not - and thats tough - crystal....clear

StainlessStill
11-19-2012, 07:44 PM
There's no other QB in this league I'd RATHER face than Joe Flacco. I've said that for years and my mind hasn't changed an ounce.

tony hipchest
11-19-2012, 08:56 PM
I grew-up in a time when 'em Stillers sucked (Colts were in Baltimore, Cardinals in St, Louis, Rams in Los Angeles, etc.), yet watched every road-game, and listended to every home game (pre 1973), with my dad, then discussed them for 6 days, until the next game

the last 6-8 years, I find myself watching less and less, and rarely thinking or discussing the recent games, because I don't recognize this as the game I loved

this year, winning or losing, I can't watch more than 2 quarters of an NFL game, Steelers included

good-job, Ms. Goodell

:frown:

well i atleast hope being a member of this site helps retain a bit of that old love for the game. if nothing else, atleast you still have a place to bash ms. goodell in a public forum :thumbsup:

jsteleplayer
11-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Ravens fan here. Occasionally stop by and btw i have mad respect for your orginization. Just wanted to point out that while i agree qb is far and away the worst position to have your starter out, we were actually without lewis, webb, jimmy smith another corner, 2 defensive lineman who are key in spelling ngata, and ngata and suggs are definitely not healthy. And our best tight end went out in first quarter as did redman i believe. What i am trying to say is i honestly think the injury situation was pretty equal. Lets face it both teams lookd BAD! On another note i have always put flacco somewhere between 8 and 15 as far as best qbs in league and is definitely not as tough as ben. But he is who we got and he does ok for us. With rice, torrey and boldin and our defense (just not this year) its usually enough. One other thing Flacco is WAY better at home and we score almost exactly twice as many points at home. That being said see you guys in two weeks!

JeromeBetties63
11-19-2012, 09:45 PM
First off, before you guys bite my head off, I just want to say I RESPECT your team and the organization. Our teams are very much built the same way...

I've been reading a lot of articles and posts about how Joe sucks and people call him JOE FLUCKO...lets just go to last night, Joe was pretty on point for the most part but the WRs weren't on the same page, on a few passes Joe threw the ball in one spot and the guy was in a different spot. He ended the game with a 62% completion percentage. On another play that would have been a long TD pass Boldin stopped running late in his route on a ball that was catchable in the endzone. Torrey Smith does this it seems every game...its not that Joe Flacco sucks, its that all 11 guys have to be on the same page.

Joe is the man imo, he's probably the toughest QB in the league and he never misses a game, last year he outplayed Tom Brady, he threw the game winning TD but Lee Evans just didnt secure it and had it knocked out, then the kicker who shall not be named shanked it wide left and thats all she wrote. Some of you act like Joe is trash and will never lead us to the Superbowl when in fact he already has. Yes, I know we actually didnt make it but he led us there, he did everything needed to put us there...well other than throwing the pass running down the field and catching it himself. At times it felt like thats what he needed to do. Since Joe came on board this Ravens/Steelers rivalry has been much more even. I respect you guys and your team and it'd be nice if you'd respect our guys as well but I know how defeat feels and I cant blame you for being angry.

As far as the run game last night you guys blew us up, our OL is poor at run blocking and Rice hasnt been running like himself for whatever reason it wasnt just last night.

Let me remind you, YES we are not playing our best football right now..but neither were the GIants until late last year when they made it as a Wild Card and road that hot streak all the way to the Super bowl, the Packers did something simillar a few years ago too....so its not how you start, you dont want to peak in week 5, its how you finish...Id be perfectly fine struggling but pulling out wins and then hit on all cylinders come playoff time. They say Matt Ryan has ice in his veins but he melts under the pressure of the playoffs. Flacco has no pulse when big games come and there's no QB I'd rather have on my team.

I'm sure we'll be seeing you in the playoffs IF Ben gets healthy and I look forward to seeing you at the BANK in two weeks. Good luck

(sorry, i didnt mean to write a novel)

:wave:

I respect a lot of players on your team. Joe has had some good games but, no he is not "the man." Was he even on the field last night? He put together one field goal drive, thats it and thats all. He is above average...thats about it. Your punter won that game.
What don't I respect about Ravens fans and even some Ravens players and your jackass coach? The only bigger punk in the NFL is the other Harbaugh. Their parents should be investigated.

1. They blame the refs for every single loss ever.
2. They actually, for real, no joke believe that the Steelers regularly get help from the officials and that there is some kind of NFL conspiracy to help the Steelers.
3. They actually, for real, no joke believe the refs have it in for the Ravens.
4. They think every hard hit by the Steelers is dirty and every hard hit by the Ravens is clean.
5. When they lose to the Steelers they say they were the better team but got ripped off.
6. They act like Steeler fans have no right to brag about their teams historic success.
7. They bitch and moan about Steeler fans not being from Pittsburgh...constantly.
8. They are the least objective fans in the NFL....by far.
9. They are schzophrenic - they throw their team under the bus after a bad loss, sometimes after a bad play....then act like a regular season victory is the Super Bowl and that they are the greatest team in history.
10. They act like the every Steeler accused of something is guilty and every Raven accused of something illegal is innocent and then never shut up about it.

i82much
11-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Ravens fan here. I tend to agree with most of the Steelers fans here on the issue of whether a QB is more important than the other positions, to the point where you really can't compare the injury situations between the two teams. The Steelers were in worse shape coming into this game.

That said, I disagree with some of the Steelers fans that seem to think this was a slam-dunk win if Ben is playing healthy. A lot of decisions get made during the course of a game and you can't just sit back at the end and say "well, we'd have scored at least 4 more points and that is one more than the Ravens." It is probably true you'd have scored more, but as a consequence of the Steelers having more points on the board, the Ravens in turn would change their play calling and decision making. I think most informed posters probably recognize this but for the others I think it does merit a rebuttal. I think it was pretty clear the Ravens were playing things very close to the vest last night, playing a field position game, trying not to turn the ball over and hoping they could clamp down on D. Not pretty, not inspiring, not anything to write home about, but a reasoned approach for winning a tough road game against a team with their 2nd string QB.

Basically, for me this is one of those games where I try not to read anything into it as far as the respective balance of power between the teams goes, mainly because of the injury situation. Playing the Steelers without Ben doesn't tell you much. Just count your blessings you caught them at the right time and leave it at that.

In short - no, we didn't beat the "real Steelers" but hey - we didn't play them.

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Ravens fan here. Occasionally stop by and btw i have mad respect for your orginization. Just wanted to point out that while i agree qb is far and away the worst position to have your starter out, we were actually without lewis, webb, jimmy smith another corner, 2 defensive lineman who are key in spelling ngata, and ngata and suggs are definitely not healthy. And our best tight end went out in first quarter as did redman i believe. What i am trying to say is i honestly think the injury situation was pretty equal. Lets face it both teams lookd BAD! On another note i have always put flacco somewhere between 8 and 15 as far as best qbs in league and is definitely not as tough as ben. But he is who we got and he does ok for us. With rice, torrey and boldin and our defense (just not this year) its usually enough. One other thing Flacco is WAY better at home and we score almost exactly twice as many points at home. That being said see you guys in two weeks!

I'm not making excuses about the outcome of the game, but if you think our injury situation was 'equal', you are delusional. We are without Ben, antonio brown, Troy, and if you want to count players who are 'not 100% yet', you can also add harrison and mendenhall to that list.

we both have our share of injuries, and the ravens injury situation is a bad one, but at least you have your top QB, RB, and WR. we have 1 out of 3 and he's coming off an achilles injury and ACL tear. Troy not playing decreases the amount of turnovers we typically get from our defense, and harrison's running at about 50%

Anyway, see you guys again in two weeks :)

4xSBChamps
11-20-2012, 04:54 AM
atleast you still have a place to bash ms. goodell in a public forum :thumbsup:

doing what I can

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/movies/MichaelGrossinTremors_zps8f080e1a.jpg

with what I got

kent
11-20-2012, 06:09 AM

Id say the Steelers have the more significant injuries pretty much just based off Ben not playing. Throw in Troy, antonio brown, gilbert, redman, decastro, and others playing hurt. Regardless though you cant blame injuries on a loss. Good game and see you in 2 weeks.

MDSteel15
11-20-2012, 07:48 AM
That is so offing dumb. There was nothing "dirty" about that hit.

Seriously... WTF!?!

We can say the same about 100 hits called against the Steelers D-!!!

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Flacco Sucks, Ravens Suck, Baltimore Sucks, Purple Sucks, Harbough Sucks, Maryland Sucks.

Welcome to the Board

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Flacco Sucks, Ravens Suck, Baltimore Sucks, Purple Sucks, Harbough Sucks, Maryland Sucks.

Welcome to the Board

. . .And you almost made it through an entire post without spelling errors. Hurray! :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2012, 11:17 AM
And you almost made it through an entire post without spelling errors. Hurray! :thumbsup:

wake me when you make a Super Bowl.

Fire Arians
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
. . .And you almost made it through an entire post without spelling errors. Hurray! :thumbsup:

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/grammar_nazi.jpg

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
There's no other QB in this league I'd RATHER face than Joe Flacco. I've said that for years and my mind hasn't changed an ounce.

Reality check.

Mark Sanchez, Jason Campbell, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Matt Cassel, John Skelton, Sam Bradford: if these nine AT LEAST are not on your list of "would rather face than Flacco", then I will just say the Steelers should be thankful that you aren't their coach.

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2012, 11:21 AM
I've been wondering if Fire Arians was going to change their name after it happened. Hilarious to see that name now.

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Reality check.

Mark Sanchez, Jason Campbell, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Matt Cassel, John Skelton, Sam Bradford: if these nine AT LEAST are not on your list of "would rather face than Flacco", then I will just say the Steelers should be thankful that you aren't their coach.

Flacco isn't an elite QB...he has some good games now and then. He was non-existent the other night. Why don't you go back to your own forum and do what all your clueless purple buddies do:

Blame the refs for every loss. Scream that Steeler fans are from Towson. Tell each other how the NFL favors the Steelers and holds the Ravens down. Cry about media treatment. Tell each other how Steeler fans have no teeth and whine about any Steeler fan that says "six rings." Froth at the mouth while claiming Steelers players are dirty. Then complain some more that every call against the Ravens is wrong and the Steelers get all the calls. Finally, call for Cam to get fired every other play, throw your team under the bus one week and act like they've just won the Super Bow the next. You guys are total joke and you are exhibit A.

Bayz101
11-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Reality check.

Not being biased here, but honestly, Flacco doesn't scare me whatsoever. Ray Rice. He scares the shit out of me, and we shut him down. With Ben in at QB, the outcome wouldn't have been the same, and you know it. John Skelton and Jake Locker are the only two on that last i'd rather face, purely because their names barely strike any familiarity.

Bayz101
11-20-2012, 11:48 AM
And for the record...Flacco is NOT elite. I don't believe any Ravens fans have actually said that here, but we'll just put that out there. He's good when the team steps up around him, and incredibly average without a supporting cast.

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Flacco isn't an elite QB...he has some good games now and then. He was non-existent the other night. Why don't you go back to your own forum and do what all your clueless purple buddies do:

Blame the refs for every loss. Scream that Steeler fans are from Towson. Tell each other how the NFL favors the Steelers and holds the Ravens down. Cry about media treatment. Tell each other how Steeler fans have no teeth and whine about any Steeler fan that says "six rings." Froth at the mouth while claiming Steelers players are dirty. Then complain some more that every call against the Ravens is wrong and the Steelers get all the calls. Finally, call for Cam to get fired every other play, throw your team under the bus one week and act like they've just won the Super Bow the next. You guys are total joke and you are exhibit A.

That is pretty good, I especially like the part where you don't realize steelers fans do the exact same thing *cough* Fire Arians *cough*--THAT was a fun season.

Also, where did I say Flacco was elite? Is being better than Jason Campbell the qualification for elite status? I listed 9 people who should absolutely not be starting QBs to answer Dino, who said he would rather face Flacco than ANYONE, which is a total joke.

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Not being biased here, but honestly, Flacco doesn't scare me whatsoever. Ray Rice. He scares the shit out of me, and we shut him down. With Ben in at QB, the outcome wouldn't have been the same, and you know it. John Skelton and Jake Locker are the only two on that last i'd rather face, purely because their names barely strike any familiarity.

It wouldn't have been the same, but that is not to say we still would not have won. The problem is, we will never know. Here is hoping Ben is back in two weeks for the game at the bank.

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 11:55 AM

Would you rather face a QB with 13 TDs and 7 ints or a qb with 6 TDs and 12 INTs on the season?

terpsnation
11-20-2012, 12:18 PM
One thing I have learned from lurking on these forums for a few years is that many (if not most) Steelers fans will never give Joe any credit.

Yes, he has his ups and downs, but who doesn't? Roethlisberger is a great quarterback, and I don't care saying that at all. Has be had off games? Damn right he has. Just look at his QBR per game from last year, it's as much of a rollercoaster as Joe's was.

In many Steelers fans' minds, what we saw on Sunday was Joe sucking. No need to mention that he was facing a dominant defense that is ranked first in the league - because naturally that has nothing to do with it at all.

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 12:20 PM
That is pretty good, I especially like the part where you don't realize steelers fans do the exact same thing *cough* Fire Arians *cough*--THAT was a fun season.

Also, where did I say Flacco was elite? Is being better than Jason Campbell the qualification for elite status? I listed 9 people who should absolutely not be starting QBs to answer Dino, who said he would rather face Flacco than ANYONE, which is a total joke.

Well, let's see, you made an attempt at dealing with one of my accurate statements about you and your purple buddies. Only thing is, we were right and Arians got fired. Plus, your idiots outnumber ours about 100 to 1 even though we have tens of thousands of more fans than you. My job took me from Pittsburgh to South Central PA where there are a bunch of Baltimore transplants. (They come to PA because its a better place to live, by their own admission) I have had numerous conversations with multiple Ravens fans....they actually do believe that the Steelers get better calls, that the refs are for the Steelers and against the Ravens. It is far and away the most ridiculous belief by the widest number of fans of a particular team in the NFL.

terpsnation
11-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Well, let's see, you made an attempt at dealing with one of my accurate statements about you and your purple buddies. Only thing is, we were right and Arians got fired. Plus, your idiots outnumber ours about 100 to 1 even though we have tens of thousands of more fans than you. My job took me from Pittsburgh to South Central PA where there are a bunch of Baltimore transplants. (They come to PA because its a better place to live, by their own admission) I have had numerous conversations with multiple Ravens fans....they actually do believe that the Steelers get better calls, that the refs are for the Steelers and against the Ravens. It is far and away the most ridiculous belief by the widest number of fans of a particular team in the NFL.

Dude, one of the top threads in the NFL Football section of SteelersFever is ravens being handed another win by the refs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93205).

We all have fans that blame everything on the refs. I see it here a bunch. I see it on every forum a bunch. I don't see it on the Ravens boards anymore than I do elsewhere.

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Dude, one of the top threads in the NFL Football section of SteelersFever is ravens being handed another win by the refs (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93205).

We all have fans that blame everything on the refs. I see it here a bunch. I see it on every forum a bunch. I don't see it on the Ravens boards anymore than I do elsewhere.

Wrong. Raven fans win one championship every single season. The Blame the Refs title. Your coach feeds it...he blames refs.

steelbelieve
11-20-2012, 12:35 PM

Way, way too early to predict that.

terpsnation
11-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Wrong. Raven fans win one championship every single season. The Blame the Refs title. Your coach feeds it...he blames refs.

Oh right, you're talking about Harbaugh's comments about the referees after the Patriots game? Which we won.

Just like Mike Tomlin's comments after the Giants game (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/steelers_mike_tomlin_says_some.html) this year I suppose.

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Oh right, you're talking about Harbaugh's comments about the referees after the Patriots game? Which we won.

Just like Mike Tomlin's comments after the Giants game (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/11/steelers_mike_tomlin_says_some.html) this year I suppose.

I'm talking about several times a year every year by Harbaugh as opposed to a couple times by Tomlin. It's a habit with Harbaugh and that mentality rubs off....fans especially pick it up and run with it. BTW I went and looked at the "one of the biggest threads is refs hand Ravens another game." The post is 3 weeks old, it has 17 comments, several are from Ravens fans and its not even about a Steeler vs. Ravens game...its about the Browns game. So, wrong again. Plus, every fan base complains about refs, but Ravens fans actually believe in a conspiracy (cue the twilight zone music)...actually, that game, the Brownies did get several crap calls against them.....0.2 % of RAvens fans acknowledge this.

terpsnation
11-20-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm talking about several times a year every year by Harbaugh as opposed to a couple times by Tomlin. It's a habit with Harbaugh and that mentality rubs off....fans especially pick it up and run with it. BTW I went and looked at the "one of the biggest threads is refs hand Ravens another game." The post is 3 weeks old, it has 17 comments, several are from Ravens fans and its not even about a Steeler vs. Ravens game...its about the Browns game. So, wrong again. Plus, every fan base complains about refs, but Ravens fans actually believe in a conspiracy (cue the twilight zone music)...actually, that game, the Brownies did get several crap calls against them.....0.2 % of RAvens fans acknowledge this.

Give me a call when you have some facts to back up the nonsense spewing out of your mouth.

Also, may want to take a look at what I said about the thread in the NFL Football section. Top != Biggest.

And it's even more comical that you are arguing that Ravens complain about the refs more than anyone else, yet you just complained about the refs calling "crap calls" against the Browns.

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 12:50 PM

Is any of this moronic rant backed by anything other than your perception? You have avoided addressing an article and a thread that basically make your argument look stupid. 0.2% is a fancy number, which hole did you yank that out of?

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Give me a call when you have some facts to back up the nonsense spewing out of your mouth.

Also, may want to take a look at what I said about the thread in the NFL Football section. Top != Biggest.

And it's even more comical that you are arguing that Ravens complain about the refs more than anyone else, yet you just complained about the refs calling "crap calls" against the Browns.

That thread is neither the top nor the biggest...what are you talking about? The thread is 3 weeks old and barely got any comments.

No, it isn't comical, try to understand the english and nuance. There are bad calls, every fan base complains about them I ALREADY SAID THAT...the browns did get crap calls that game (do you disagree? come, on are you one of the 0.2% of objective Ravens fans?) What you don't seem to understand is that its only you and your cronies who think there is an actually pattern of calls for the Steelers and against the Ravens...again, as I said every fan base has some idiots...but this blame the refs thing is a Raven staple....if this is over your head...then just dont respond to the post...

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 01:23 PM
That thread is neither the top nor the biggest...what are you talking about? The thread is 3 weeks old and barely got any comments.

No, it isn't comical, try to understand the english and nuance. There are bad calls, every fan base complains about them I ALREADY SAID THAT...the browns did get crap calls that game (do you disagree? come, on are you one of the 0.2% of objective Ravens fans?) What you don't seem to understand is that its only you and your cronies who think there is an actually pattern of calls for the Steelers and against the Ravens...again, as I said every fan base has some idiots...but this blame the refs thing is a Raven staple....if this is over your head...then just dont respond to the post...

No one, and I mean no one, thinks there is a Steelers > Ravens conspiracy. If there is, they aren't doing a very good job as we have won our last three meetings. What you are saying doesn't make any sense, and you have nothing to back up what you are saying, because it is all just pulled out of the air.

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Is any of this moronic rant backed by anything other than your perception? You have avoided addressing an article and a thread that basically make your argument look stupid. 0.2% is a fancy number, which hole did you yank that out of?

Yes, facts. It only seems moronic to you because it's above your pay grade.

terpsnation
11-20-2012, 01:32 PM

The thread is 8th from the top in that section of the forum. There are two other threads that I found doing a quick search here (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91622&highlight=ravens+refs)and here (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93208&highlight=ravens+refs). I don't have the time, nor the patience, to scroll through your gameday threads to see all of the complaining about the refs. But I have been in your gameday threads during quite a few of your losses, and can say that the complaints about the refs are definitely not far and few between.

Also, what exactly is over my head? The fact that you post stuff about how "98.8%" if Ravens fans blame the refs for losses, yet you can't back up anything that you are saying by providing some proof? Or that you talk about the Ravens fans complaining about the refs, but then do it yourself?

I haven't said anywhere that in Steelers vs Ravens games that the refs are biased towards the Steelers. I haven't said anywhere that I believe the refs favor any other team over the Ravens.

All you are doing is pulling bullshit numbers out of your ass to try and justify something that simply isn't true.

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Yes, facts. It only seems moronic to you because it's above your pay grade.

Nice rhetoric--totally stupid and out of context and not relevant to the discussion at all, but hey, you have to say something right?!

SoCalFan
11-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Nice rhetoric--totally stupid and out of context and not relevant to the discussion at all, but hey, you have to say something right?!

Ok Prince, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a life! Come back and rant all you want in a few weeks! Go back to your own forum and discuss that cocky ball licking coach, or reeds (BS) suspension or better yet, your shell of its former self D without your "GOD" ray punk bitch lewis!!! BYE:wave:

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 01:44 PM
The thread is 8th from the top in that section of the forum. There are two other threads that I found doing a quick search here (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=91622&highlight=ravens+refs)and here (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=93208&highlight=ravens+refs). I don't have the time, nor the patience, to scroll through your gameday threads to see all of the complaining about the refs. But I have been in your gameday threads during quite a few of your losses, and can say that the complaints about the refs are definitely not far and few between.

Also, what exactly is over my head? The fact that you post stuff about how "98.8%" if Ravens fans blame the refs for losses, yet you can't back up anything that you are saying by providing some proof? Or that you talk about the Ravens fans complaining about the refs, but then do it yourself?

I haven't said anywhere that in Steelers vs Ravens games that the refs are biased towards the Steelers. I haven't said anywhere that I believe the refs favor any other team over the Ravens.

All you are doing is pulling bullshit numbers out of your ass to try and justify something that simply isn't true.

Nope, I have been having this conversation on the Ravens forum for 2 years....that place is filled with true believers in the conspiracy theory. As are the Ravens fans at my job and in my community. Some of them are very good friends of mine..but they believe in the grassy knoll, area 51 and an NFL conspiracy for the Steelers and against the Ravens...the number as a rhetorical device (look it up), if I were to try to put a legit number on the ravens fans I personally encounter who believe in some sort of Steeler bias I would put it at over 50%.

terpsnation
11-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Nope, I have been having this conversation on the Ravens forum for 2 years....that place is filled with true believers in the conspiracy theory. As are the Ravens fans at my job and in my community. Some of them are very good friends of mine..but they believe in the grassy knoll, area 51 and an NFL conspiracy for the Steelers and against the Ravens...the number as a rhetorical device (look it up), if I were to try to put a legit number on the ravens fans I personally encounter who believe in some sort of Steeler bias I would put it at over 50%.

Pulling a number out of your ass is not a rhetorical device. I think you may want to look it up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_device), because you're making yourself look even more like a fool.

I'm sorry that so many of your friends are idiots. There is no conspiracy. Some people believe it in, and I am sure that there are as many Steelers fans as there are Ravens fans that believe that the refs are biased towards their opponent. They are all wrong.

But what's stupid is you sitting around here trying to subscribe a massive portion of the Ravens fanbase to something that only a few believe in. It's makes absolutely no sense, and your repeated lack of proof only continues to show that you have no grounds for your belief.

Nevermore
11-20-2012, 02:01 PM
if I were to try to put a legit number on the ravens fans I personally encounter who believe in some sort of Steeler bias I would put it at over 50%.

And if I were to try to put a legit number on the number of Steelers fans encountered here on this board that believe in some sort of Patriots or Goodell against the Steelers bias, I would put it at over 50%. What's your point? Fans think they are getting a raw deal when they lose and never realize the other side when they win. Take the Seattle / Pittsburgh superbowl... Take the Ravens win last year when this whole board was ranting about Torrey pushing off for the TD. It's not a Ravens thing, its a fan thing. You're going to honestly tell me you don't have the same biases for your team?

It's part of sports. Do I honestly think there is a zebra bias for Pittsburgh? No. Am I gonna scream at the TV when a close call goes their way? Absolutely. And in that rage I'll likely say "damn Steelers ALWAYS get the calls!!" Just like you all say Brady ALWAYS gets the calls, or Goodell HATES Harrison personally and is out to fine or suspend only him. Looks like that's not the case since now Reed is sitting on the bench for a game too.

JeromeBetties63
11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Pulling a number out of your ass is not a rhetorical device. I think you may want to look it up (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_device), because you're making yourself look even more like a fool.

I'm sorry that so many of your friends are idiots. There is no conspiracy. Some people believe it in, and I am sure that there are as many Steelers fans as there are Ravens fans that believe that the refs are biased towards their opponent. They are all wrong.

But what's stupid is you sitting around here trying to subscribe a massive portion of the Ravens fanbase to something that only a few believe in. It's makes absolutely no sense, and your repeated lack of proof only continues to show that you have no grounds for your belief.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah:

terpsnation
11-20-2012, 02:15 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah:

Another quality post. When faced with the facts, your beliefs simply don't hold true.

I'll chalk this one down in the win column.

CTSxViper
11-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Ok Prince, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get a life! Come back and rant all you want in a few weeks! Go back to your own forum and discuss that cocky ball licking coach, or reeds (BS) suspension or better yet, your shell of its former self D without your "GOD" ray punk bitch lewis!!! BYE:wave:

Nice post... Personal attacks is all you have? Bring it on in (2) weeks. We are ready.

MACH1
11-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Lets keep it civil people.

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Ravens still have their Male Cheerleaders squad prancing around at home games in their Purple uniforms?

yeah, They SUCK too.

Unkindness
11-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Ravens still have their Male Cheerleaders squad prancing around at home games in their Purple uniforms?

Not a fan of the male cheerleaders either.

But, do you still have Steely McBeam? :rofl:

Hawaii 5-0
11-21-2012, 03:25 PM

Go Ravens, Go Ravens, Go Ravens Go! :chuckle:

http://www.procheerleaderblog.com/blog/images/2007/Sep/ravensweek3/ravenscover.jpg

Twentyvalve
11-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I respect the Ravens. They earned that win. No complaints there.

Now, let me provide my take on the Ravens this year.

They are not an 8-2 team. They have won at least three games by default. That is winning by the other team screwing up. Luck has had much to do with it. About Flacco: I think he is slightly above average as a QB. Watch a high-light reel of a game, Flacco almost never shows up. He merely manages the team between one or two big plays. Which he did Sunday night. Heck, I think I saw BB more than Flacco during that last game.

As for that game in particular, we could have won. Our D played perfectly. Had Ben been in, it would have been ugly for you. Forgot the other injuries, all we needed was Ben. That would have been ugly. Now, we did not, so we lost. I am fine with that.

Now, I don't hate the Ravens. Or Flacco. Some of what I said was fact, some opinion. I am thinking the Ravens lose at least three more games. I believe the Giants, Redskins, and the Broncos are going to destroy the Ravens.

And welcome to the Fever:tt03:

Hawaii 5-0
11-21-2012, 04:08 PM
1st and 10, let's do it again! :hug:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2010-11/57794833.jpg

Unkindness
11-21-2012, 04:25 PM
I respect the Ravens. They earned that win. No complaints there.

Now, let me provide my take on the Ravens this year.

They are not an 8-2 team. They have won at least three games by default. That is winning by the other team screwing up. Luck has had much to do with it. About Flacco: I think he is slightly above average as a QB. Watch a high-light reel of a game, Flacco almost never shows up. He merely manages the team between one or two big plays. Which he did Sunday night. Heck, I think I saw BB more than Flacco during that last game.

As for that game in particular, we could have won. Our D played perfectly. Had Ben been in, it would have been ugly for you. Forgot the other injuries, all we needed was Ben. That would have been ugly. Now, we did not, so we lost. I am fine with that.

Now, I don't hate the Ravens. Or Flacco. Some of what I said was fact, some opinion. I am thinking the Ravens lose at least three more games. I believe the Giants, Redskins, and the Broncos are going to destroy the Ravens.

And welcome to the Addicts:tt03:

I agree with a lot of what you say. However, 2 of the 3 games you mention are home games. The Ravens are a totally different team in Baltimore. Longest win streak at home in the NFL. Flacco's stats practically double at M&T Bank. Redskins are up and down. I think we get 2 out of 3 of those.

Twentyvalve
11-21-2012, 06:36 PM
And I agree with what you said. I don't think we will beat you at home with the current state of things. But, that insane home streak will end eventually. Hopefully this year. At the same time, I won't be surprised if it continues.

The Ravens play lights out at home. The fans get their money's worth for sure.:hatsoff:

I agree with a lot of what you say. However, 2 of the 3 games you mention are home games. The Ravens are a totally different team in Baltimore. Longest win streak at home in the NFL. Flacco's stats practically double at M&T Bank. Redskins are up and down. I think we get 2 out of 3 of those.

steelerchad
11-21-2012, 07:07 PM
It will end. If not before the end of season, it will end in the playoffs likely. Honestly, I think both the Ravens and Steelers are worse this year than they have been in the last 3 years. Age and injuries have taken their toll on both teams.
The 2010 and 2011 versions of both teams would have beaten either of these teams this year.

Worst part is, I think the Ravens are living on borrowed time. They could easily fall apart and limp in at 3-3 the rest of the way and still win the division. While the Steelers, who I think had everything starting to come together except for health, could miss the playoffs entirely if Ben doesn't come and pick up where he left off.

If the Steelers get in the playoffs and Ben is his old self, I think we are as good as any AFC team.

i82much
11-21-2012, 07:45 PM
What don't I respect about Ravens fans and even some Ravens players and your jackass coach? The only bigger punk in the NFL is the other Harbaugh. Their parents should be investigated.

Whatever your opinion of Harbaugh's conduct is, I can tell you this - he does a hell of a lot for the troops. Constantly doing phone calls with them, charity events in the Baltimore area, giving out tickets, sending Ravens swag, whatever. As a vet, I really appreciate it and he does so much of it I really do think it speaks to his character. It is not just for show.

Unkindness
11-21-2012, 07:57 PM
And I agree with what you said. I don't think we will beat you at home with the current state of things. But, that insane home streak will end eventually. Hopefully this year. At the same time, I won't be surprised if it continues.

The Ravens play lights out at home. The fans get their money's worth for sure.:hatsoff:

My boss works in our Albuquerque office and is a huge Broncos fan. I have been hearing about the Denver game for weeks now.

The streak will end. It has to. Just a question of when. Its amazing how different the team is at home though.

steelerchad
11-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Whatever your opinion of Harbaugh's conduct is, I can tell you this - he does a hell of a lot for the troops. Constantly doing phone calls with them, charity events in the Baltimore area, giving out tickets, sending Ravens swag, whatever. As a vet, I really appreciate it and he does so much of it I really do think it speaks to his character. It is not just for show.

I honestly think he's just very competitive and can't stand the losing so much that he can't control the fact that he comes off as a jackass in a lot of interviews. He can't bring himself to credit the other team, especially when it's the Steelers.

I think all NFL coaches are competitive, it's just most of them are refined enough to not wear their emotions on their sleeve.

Sometimes I wish our coach would just go off, but he gives the usual coach speak win or lose every week. He keeps his emotions very in check and close to the vest. It's probably the right way to do it.

Harbaugh making stupid statements like the Ravens know the rules on how to tackle and other teams (the Steelers) will soon learn how to do it right, really got under some people's skin. And now look. The Ravens had multiple illegal hits in that game and a lot since that game and the Steelers haven't had quite as many as they used to. That stuff's just bad luck on bang, bang plays, but to hear Harbaugh claim that his team was above all of that was a little sickening.

He may be a swell guy. I might enjoy having a beer with him. But as long as he's the Ravens coach and continues with his arrogant talk, I won't care for him much. I actually prefer just about any coach in the league besides maybe Rex, the other Harbaugh, and Bellichick.

RatbirdExtreme
11-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Lets not forget Baltimore loves their jackass coaches. Brian Billick, anyone?

Anyway, for the last several years, Ive felt the Ravens were a SB contender every year. This is the first year in awhile I really dont feel that way. This may very well be the worst 8-2 team in NFL history. Not only am I sure BB would have won that game, Im pretty sure Batch would have won it as well. He has always done pretty well, even in losing efforts..

Im really not a trash talker, but I can't help myself on one issue. Those unis. Seriously, throwback or whatever you want to call them, they are an abomination. Right up there with the old school Houston Astro rainbow as the worst uniform of all time. And I know, throwback, long tradition dating back to the 20s, I get all that. But seriously?

lloydwoodson
11-21-2012, 10:05 PM

Yeah I agree that it was a bs penalty. Reed wasn't headhunting he was shoulder-checking as he likes to do. Unbelievable that the NFL is this soft. Also, only offensive players are protected. If a db gets speared and run over by a 245 pound rb thats just too bad.

Terminator
11-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Lets not forget Baltimore loves their jackass coaches. Brian Billick, anyone?

Anyway, for the last several years, Ive felt the Ravens were a SB contender every year. This is the first year in awhile I really dont feel that way. This may very well be the worst 8-2 team in NFL history. Not only am I sure BB would have won that game, Im pretty sure Batch would have won it as well. He has always done pretty well, even in losing efforts..

Im really not a trash talker, but I can't help myself on one issue. Those unis. Seriously, throwback or whatever you want to call them, they are an abomination. Right up there with the old school Houston Astro rainbow as the worst uniform of all time. And I know, throwback, long tradition dating back to the 20s, I get all that. But seriously?

At first, the throwbacks were kind of neat to me since they were so different. I liked them in the Redskins game, but seeing them in the Ravens game made me start to hate them. They are just flat out ugly as shit. Not to mention, our previous throwback with the yellow helmet was one of the nicest uniforms in the NFL. I wish it was our permanent uniform.

SoCalFan
11-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah I agree that it was a bs penalty. Reed wasn't headhunting he was shoulder-checking as he likes to do. Unbelievable that the NFL is this soft. Also, only offensive players are protected. If a db gets speared and run over by a 245 pound rb thats just too bad.

I think the penalty was legit as he was running toward reciever and had PLENTY of time to go low and hit the waist!

steelersforever58
11-22-2012, 01:13 AM
I can agree with that. It was "penalty worthy", because it was indeed helmet-to-helmet, but it was not a "dirty" hit. Ed Reed does NOT head-hunt.

I hate the Ravens, but I think that Ed Reed being suspended is an offing joke!!! Give him a fine (for hitting "too high"), but to suspend him... really???

Man I'm starting to think that Goodell is actually Vince McMahon.

No one hates the ravens more than I do. But in my opinion the hit did not deserve a penalty. What the league does not take into consideration is the contribution of the offensive players to these hits. In this case the helmet to helmet happens only because Sanders dips his head as Reed is getting ready to hit him. What are defensive players supposed to do aim for the ankles.

ChristianKustomz
11-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Well I think it clearly shows that the only way the Ravrns have any chance of beating us is when we have our 2nd and 3rd strings in.

It has been a completely different season without Troy, Mendenhall has been hit or miss, Clark has been in and out, now Bens out and the list goes on with the injuries. When we are healthy you have not been able to beat us when we are strong. Thats why we have 6 SB wins and Baltimore hasn't finished since 2000.

So Ray Lewis is out...big deal. He's one guy. We have several KEY players that are out. Let us get our bearings and our players back so it's a fair game and you won't beat the Steelers.

i82much
11-23-2012, 11:40 AM
Well I think it clearly shows that the only way the Ravrns have any chance of beating us is when we have our 2nd and 3rd strings in.

It has been a completely different season without Troy, Mendenhall has been hit or miss, Clark has been in and out, now Bens out and the list goes on with the injuries. When we are healthy you have not been able to beat us when we are strong. Thats why we have 6 SB wins and Baltimore hasn't finished since 2000.

So Ray Lewis is out...big deal. He's one guy. We have several KEY players that are out. Let us get our bearings and our players back so it's a fair game and you won't beat the Steelers.

Well um you have lost 3 straight to us, and I seem to remember seeing Ben at QB for two of those 3? Look - you can draw whatever conclusions give you a warm fuzzy, but a rational person looking at recent history would hardly come to the conclusion that "the only way the Ravrns have any chance of beating us is when we have our 2nd and 3rd strings in."

That is just silly. Truth is the teams are very closely matched and on any given day you never know who will win.

SoCalFan
11-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Well um you have lost 3 straight to us, and I seem to remember seeing Ben at QB for two of those 3? Look - you can draw whatever conclusions give you a warm fuzzy, but a rational person looking at recent history would hardly come to the conclusion that "the only way the Ravrns have any chance of beating us is when we have our 2nd and 3rd strings in."

That is just silly. Truth is the teams are very closely matched and on any given day you never know who will win.

I honestly think the ravens are NOT as good as they used to be! Im feeling an upset in sunny SD Sunday and feel great about going into balty and picking up a win!

i82much
11-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I honestly think the ravens are NOT as good as they used to be! Im feeling an upset in sunny SD Sunday and feel great about going into balty and picking up a win!

Ya know ... I don't know. Certainly it has not been a dominating 8-2 performance, you can make the argument we are lucky to be where we are. I guess if you're a Ravens fan you might point out that the defense seems to have really shored up since the bye week. We have a new DC this year and there has been a pattern of early-season difficulties on D when that happens. Generally things have gotten better later in those years.

There's always more to it when you look closely, I guess. I think there is a tendency to look at your own team and find lots of reasons why things are better than they seem but not to do the same for opposing teams. There are reasons to be optimistic in Baltimore just as there are reasons to be optimistic in Pittsburgh.

Edman
11-23-2012, 12:27 PM

Not quite. In 2011 the Ravens were clearly a superior team to the Steelers. This year despite their superior record I'm not so sure about that.

The Ravens should've come into Heinz Last Sunday and stomped the Steelers, instead it took a Punt Return and Byron Leftwich's incompetence to beat them.

The Ravens are a good team, and I have to respect that, but the 8-2 record of theirs is misleading, just like last year's Steelers. The Steelers went 12-4 last year, but watching them, they should've went 10-6.

harrison'samonster
11-23-2012, 12:40 PM
If I were a Ravens fan (excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth), I would be happy about the win, but definitely not proud of it.

The Ravens are a good team, I do have respect for them. I'm going to miss Lewis when he's gone. I love the excitement of the games between the Steelers and Ravens. But I get sick of hearing excuses from Harbaugh, and hearing Flacco talking about himself as "elite." If it weren't for those two, the Ravens could be real contenders.

i82much
11-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Not quite. In 2011 the Ravens were clearly a superior team to the Steelers. This year despite their superior record I'm not so sure about that.

The Ravens should've come into Heinz Last Sunday and stomped the Steelers, instead it took a Punt Return and Byron Leftwich's incompetence to beat them.

The Ravens are a good team, and I have to respect that, but the 8-2 record of theirs is misleading, just like last year's Steelers. The Steelers went 12-4 last year, but watching them, they should've went 10-6.

That argument goes both ways though. You guys lost to Oakland and TN, had a hard time with KC, and Ben was healthy for both losses. Any team - even Houston - you can cherry-pick through their record and convince yourself they are not as good as their record suggests. Certainly a Ravens fan who wants to convince themselves they are better than you this year has evidence to support that viewpoint. Really, it comes down to how much you want to rationalize to make yourself feel better.

Hawaii 5-0
11-23-2012, 01:56 PM
That argument goes both ways though. You guys lost to Oakland and TN, had a hard time with KC, and Ben was healthy for both losses. Any team - even Houston - you can cherry-pick through their record and convince yourself they are not as good as their record suggests. Certainly a Ravens fan who wants to convince themselves they are better than you this year has evidence to support that viewpoint. Really, it comes down to how much you want to rationalize to make yourself feel better.

my favorite Bill Parcells quote:

"You are what your record says you are"

JeromeBetties63
11-24-2012, 11:54 PM
my favorite Bill Parcells quote:

"You are what your record says you are"

Until you are the wild card World Champion Steelers or the 9-7 Giants who win it all....its a nice line but it doesn't mean anything....

harrison'samonster
11-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Until you are the wild card World Champion Steelers or the 9-7 Giants who win it all....its a nice line but it doesn't mean anything....

I think once you get into the playoffs it doesn't matter. I guess it's really just to measure teams leading up to the playoffs, and take bragging rights.

You're right though, everything goes back to 0-0 once the playoffs come around.

The_Joker
11-25-2012, 09:18 AM
I think once you get into the playoffs it doesn't matter. I guess it's really just to measure teams leading up to the playoffs, and take bragging rights.

You're right though, everything goes back to 0-0 once the playoffs come around.

True, but homefield.

JeromeBetties63
11-25-2012, 04:50 PM

The Ravens had a better team last year....they don't this year.

uclkyle
11-25-2012, 05:52 PM
This is my favorite quote: "Some of you act like Joe is trash and will never lead us to the Superbowl when in fact he already has. Yes, I know we actually didnt make it...." Emphasis on the "we didn't actually make it." With that logic, I'm going to go ahead and say the Steelers have won 9 Super Bowls, but we didn't actually win them. Get a life.....Flacco is an average QB. Yeah, the Ravens have our number (for now) in the regular season. I'll take our 3 recent Super Bowl appearances over "we didn't actually make it" any day of the week.

JeromeBetties63
11-27-2012, 04:00 PM

Everyone supports the troops unless they are a far left wacko. Great, he is a punk who happens to support the troops...but still a punk.

The_Joker
11-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Everyone supports the troops unless they are a far left wacko. Great, he is a punk who happens to support the troops...but still a punk.

Yes, we democrats hate the troops :blah:

Take your political bashing and cram it.

JeromeBetties63
11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes, we democrats hate the troops :blah:

Take your political bashing and cram it.

Democrats are not far left wackos....pay attention.

i82much
11-27-2012, 06:58 PM

Hey - I assume you'd know this if you had served yourself - a lot of people talk about how they support the troops. Harbaugh really invests time and energy into it. For real.

JeromeBetties63
11-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Hey - I assume you'd know this if you had served yourself - a lot of people talk about how they support the troops. Harbaugh really invests time and energy into it. For real.

Never assume. And the Harbaugh boys are still the biggest punk coaches in the NFL. Rex Ryan is a distant, distant 3rd.

WVABE
11-28-2012, 10:36 AM
Never assume. And the Harbaugh boys are still the biggest punk coaches in the NFL. Rex Ryan is a distant, distant 3rd.You can say that again and still be right:applaudit:

steelfury02
11-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Doesn't the thread title need to change to "Desperate Ravens fan looking for acceptance from superior fan base" or "Ravens fan looking for Steelers fans to agree with my line of thinking."

Ugh.

charlesk
11-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Here's your superior fanbase for you. A douche so lacking in manhood that he refuses to honor even a gentleman's bet. Go ahead and try to defend this gentleman's behavior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRz7qPb0NUY

steelfury02
11-28-2012, 08:56 PM
your mom honored a gentleman's bet

Lady Steel
11-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Here's your superior fanbase for you. A douche so laking in manhood that he refuses to honor even a gentleman's bet. Go ahead and try to defend this gentleman's behavior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRz7qPb0NUY

Probably because real men don't wear purple.

charlesk
11-29-2012, 08:38 AM
your mom honored a gentleman's bet

Which means she has more class than your mother who probably only gives it up for anyone who has a couple lines of meth for her to snort. Appalachian trash.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 08:48 AM
I didn't bring drugs into the trash-talking. Obviously you are familiar with the substance. I'd expect "all this knowledge" from a Ravens fan. FYI - there is a chunk of the Appalachians in Maryland - so you might want to find some other wonderful geographic feature to hang your hat on. I have family in both areas - so you need to find some other source for your material. I'll even take "there are Amish people in PA" or "your fans have no teeth" for the thousandth time. Wait - I bet you'll rely on the tried "no one likes to live there cause its dirty." Or - maybe you might get a little creative, take another aim at me - to which I'll most surely reply "You're the one spending time on the rival's forum - not me."

Seriously - you need to go spend some time with your own fan base. Or - is ours just that more enticing for you? I get it - they, like you, are that unbearable.

Did I misspell anywhere? I know when a Ravens fan's pee-brain is all out of fresh digs - they usually turn into the language/grammar police.

jrompola
11-29-2012, 09:18 AM
I don't get Ravens fans. Are they left over Baltimore Colts fans? Did they used to like the Redskins and when Baltimore got a team they switched?

If the Steelers stopped playing football I'd still watch the NFL, but I would not have a favorite team.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 09:24 AM
sometimes worse - they gave up on football and became a Washington Capitals or Nationals fan. Some still remain O's fans after Cal's retirement - but they can't hang with Pirates fans who still represent after enduring 2 decades of bad baseball lol

The funny thing is - Western Pa gave them their football history (Unitas) - which is basically like giving the French, Napoleon. After that, they got screwed in two wars (08' AFC Champ game and 10' Divisional) and have been entertaining transients ever since.

In all seriousness though, I have friends who are die-hard Ravens fans - we have our trash-talking, but most Ravens fans I run into I have to tell them to just talk to me about anything but football - because otherwise you're generally unlikable.

terpsnation
11-29-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't get Ravens fans. Are they left over Baltimore Colts fans? Did they used to like the Redskins and when Baltimore got a team they switched?

If the Steelers stopped playing football I'd still watch the NFL, but I would not have a favorite team.

So if the Steelers all of a sudden disappeared, and you had no NFL team in Pittsburgh, you'd watch the NFL, but not have a favorite team. Fine, that's acceptable.

But if a new NFL team came to Pittsburgh, using your logic, you wouldn't be a fan of that new team?

desertsteel
11-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Wide open in terms of WINNING the AFC, not the divisions. You are correct, the divisions are all but sewn up. But that means nothing come playoff time.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 10:23 AM
So if the Steelers all of a sudden disappeared, and you had no NFL team in Pittsburgh, you'd watch the NFL, but not have a favorite team. Fine, that's acceptable.

But if a new NFL team came to Pittsburgh, using your logic, you wouldn't be a fan of that new team?

buh,buh,buh but . . .not happening, This question is better suited for Jags or Chargers fans.

BleedPurple
11-29-2012, 10:26 AM
buh,buh,buh but . . .not happening, This question is better suited for Jags or Chargers fans.

This is why I don't argue hypotheticals. The next guy in line never remembers you are arguing hypotheticals. jrompola opened the door for this comment Steelfury, he said that if the Steelers stopped playing football he would watch NFL but wouldn't be a fan for any other team.

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 10:31 AM
This is why I don't argue hypotheticals. The next guy in line never remembers you are arguing hypotheticals. jrompola opened the door for this comment Steelfury, he said that if the Steelers stopped playing football he would watch NFL but wouldn't be a fan for any other team.

Bleed Purple Camo Pants - let's just agree that this is two very different fan bases with very different histories. You guys beat us 3 times in a row now. Congrats with a bow on top. I'm gonna just keep spewing my unwavering hatred for the Ravens, and you likewise for the Steelers and our annoying part of the crowd.

Our only common ground: hatred for the Cheatriots.

terpsnation
11-29-2012, 10:31 AM

Don't worry - I know the Steelers aren't leaving Pittsburgh ever. But he himself posted that hypothetical, I was just expanding on it.

I just really don't understand the questioning of where Ravens fans came from. It doesn't make much sense to me - it's an attempt to degrade Ravens fans that is both illogical and incorrect.

BleedPurple
11-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Bleed Purple Camo Pants - let's just agree that this is two very different fan bases with very different histories. You guys beat us 3 times in a row now. Congrats with a bow on top. I'm gonna just keep spewing my unwavering hatred for the Ravens, and you likewise for the Steelers and our annoying part of the crowd.

Our only common ground: hatred for the Cheatriots.

:drink:

Cheers to that squealfurry

steelfury02
11-29-2012, 10:40 AM
Don't worry - I know the Steelers aren't leaving Pittsburgh ever. But he himself posted that hypothetical, I was just expanding on it.

I just really don't understand the questioning of where Ravens fans came from. It doesn't make much sense to me - it's an attempt to degrade Ravens fans that is both illogical and incorrect.

I hate you all. And I mean this in the nicest way possible lol. terps - you guys need to wait for "the lean years" in Ravens history ala the 1980s Steelers. When your fan base goes through that kind of crucible - you'll find out who the real Ravens fans are. Me personally, it is just hard to find a lot of respect when I know of a lot of people that place and remove those purple flags on their cars at a mind boggling rate - too many people too willing to jump ship when you guys have lost big games. Just my own experience. hey - we have band wagoners too - I think a lot of us just can't understand some of the mid-season bluster at 9-2, but then re-realize what the area has had to go through in terms of actually having a football team - dunno if that makes any sense to you - but, for me, its kinda weird listening to Ravens fans talk about Johnny Unitas, then, in the same breathe, talk about how they rooted for the Redskins, Eagles, or Steelers (or "America's Team" - especially when it was easy to in the early 90s), then jump right back on board when 2000 rolled around and you found yourselves in the Super Bowl.

terpsnation
11-29-2012, 11:00 AM
I hate you all. And I mean this in the nicest way possible lol. terps - you guys need to wait for "the lean years" in Ravens history ala the 1980s Steelers. When your fan base goes through that kind of crucible - you'll find out who the real Ravens fans are. Me personally, it is just hard to find a lot of respect when I know of a lot of people that place and remove those purple flags on their cars at a mind boggling rate - too many people too willing to jump ship when you guys have lost big games. Just my own experience. hey - we have band wagoners too - I think a lot of us just can't understand some of the mid-season bluster at 9-2, but then re-realize what the area has had to go through in terms of actually having a football team - dunno if that makes any sense to you - but, for me, its kinda weird listening to Ravens fans talk about Johnny Unitas, then, in the same breathe, talk about how they rooted for the Redskins, Eagles, or Steelers (or "America's Team" - especially when it was easy to in the early 90s), then jump right back on board when 2000 rolled around and you found yourselves in the Super Bowl.

Haha. I do understand what you mean - I'm a big O's fan, and we certainly have been going through "the lean years" recently. I think this can be said for almost all fan bases (like you mentioned) and the Ravens have been lucky to end up with good records fairly consistently over their existence.

When we have a downturn (which will inevitably happen), I'm sure many fans will all of a sudden disappear. I don't think this is more prevalent in the Ravens fanbase than any other fanbase though - and I generally don't understand the questioning of the Ravens fanbase that pops up fairly regularly on this board. We all have our shitty fans, I'm not proud of those that we have, and I'm sure you aren't very proud of yours (maybe).

jrompola
11-29-2012, 11:19 AM

I don't know about illogical or incorrect. I know the Ravens have fans. I'm just curious how these 40-50 year old fans became such rabid fans of the Ravens. Who did they like before the Ravens? Did they not root for any team and say the next team if any that comes to Baltimore I will cheer for them?

jrompola
11-29-2012, 11:22 AM
I only said that as a hypothetical about the steelers leaving. I know it would never happen. I was kind of referring to the Baltimore Colts. If I was a fan of the colts like I am the Steelers and the team up and left town I would not root for the team in another city. I would not pick a new team. I would still watch games and possibly I would like a team that returned to the city I once rooted for.

terpsnation
11-29-2012, 11:25 AM
I only said that as a hypothetical about the steelers leaving. I know it would never happen. I was kind of referring to the Baltimore Colts. If I was a fan of the colts like I am the Steelers and the team up and left town I would not root for the team in another city. I would not pick a new team. I would still watch games and possibly I would like a team that returned to the city I once rooted for.

I think you just answered your own question.

There aren't too many Ravens fans that also like the Colts.

i82much
11-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Doesn't the thread title need to change to "Desperate Ravens fan looking for acceptance from superior fan base" or "Ravens fan looking for Steelers fans to agree with my line of thinking."

Ugh.

How about maybe "Ravens fans bored at work and wanted to discuss the obvious futility of the Squealers showing up at M&T this Sunday"?

Maybe "Friendly Folks in Purple Wanting to Be Supportive Now That Your Season Is Clearly Over"?

How about just "Jeez. You guys sucked worse than we thought this year."

I kid, I kid - seriously. Not trying to rile anybody up, just shooting back a bit. Cheers.

i82much
11-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Never assume. And the Harbaugh boys are still the biggest punk coaches in the NFL. Rex Ryan is a distant, distant 3rd.

More sure than ever.

FrancoLambert
11-29-2012, 04:46 PM
I didn't bring drugs into the trash-talking. Obviously you are familiar with the substance. I'd expect "all this knowledge" from a Ravens fan. FYI - there is a chunk of the Appalachians in Maryland - so you might want to find some other wonderful geographic feature to hang your hat on. I have family in both areas - so you need to find some other source for your material. I'll even take "there are Amish people in PA" or "your fans have no teeth" for the thousandth time. Wait - I bet you'll rely on the tried "no one likes to live there cause its dirty." Or - maybe you might get a little creative, take another aim at me - to which I'll most surely reply "You're the one spending time on the rival's forum - not me."

Seriously - you need to go spend some time with your own fan base. Or - is ours just that more enticing for you? I get it - they, like you, are that unbearable.

Did I misspell anywhere? I know when a Ravens fan's pee-brain is all out of fresh digs - they usually turn into the language/grammar police.

They're certainly not the language/grammar police on their own site.
I visited it a few times this year and the shit they post is almost unreadable.
Illiteracy is rampant there.

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Probably because real men don't wear purple.

only women should be allowed to wear purple...

http://www.ridethepine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/284786_195928103801222_187152324678800_530706_6046 698_n.jpg

Fire Arians
11-29-2012, 04:54 PM
only women should be allowed to wear purple...

http://www.ridethepine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/284786_195928103801222_187152324678800_530706_6046 698_n.jpg

women that hot can wear anything and it will look good. or nothing :chuckle:

stb_steeler
11-29-2012, 04:59 PM
nvbyPIek-zw

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 05:49 PM
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7379895_f520.jpg

The_Joker
11-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Hehehe, good to see some good ole' trash pics here.

The_Joker
11-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Ravens and Steelers fans, we can both agree on one thing.

Women!

i82much
11-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Ravens and Steelers fans, we can both agree on one thing.

Women!

Absolutely!

I think we can also agree ... Brady is a candy-ass.

teegre
11-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Absolutely!

I remember Suggs talking about Brady, during the 16-0 regular season (when the Ravens had BEATEN the Taperiots, but the refs robbed them)... and he compared BB to Brady, making a back-handed statement about Brady... something along the lines of:
"BB is a football player; he doesn't go crying to the refs when we hit him."

So, Yes, Brady is a candy-ass... and hasn't won a SuperBowl since he knew the other team's plays ahead of time.

stb_steeler
11-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Absolutely!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/pugsmalloy/Brady.jpg

i82much
11-29-2012, 08:02 PM

I bet Giselle is hung like a moose.

Hawaii 5-0
11-29-2012, 08:03 PM
I bet Giselle is hung like a moose.

:chuckle:

Unkindness
11-29-2012, 08:08 PM

An oldie but a goodie....

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/skirt.htm

Dino 6 Rings
12-02-2012, 10:58 PM
How about maybe "Ravens fans bored at work and wanted to discuss the obvious futility of the Squealers showing up at M&T this Sunday"?

Maybe "Friendly Folks in Purple Wanting to Be Supportive Now That Your Season Is Clearly Over"?

How about just "Jeez. You guys sucked worse than we thought this year."

I kid, I kid - seriously. Not trying to rile anybody up, just shooting back a bit. Cheers.

How about being humbled on your home field by a 38yr old 3rd string QB?

VictoryFormation
12-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Joe was pretty on point for the most part but the WRs weren't on the same page...

And, I guess that would include the guy in the back of the end-zone, holding a mic. He should of caught that one?

Look, Joe Flacco has a strong arm, but he is not a good quarterback. The wide receivers were having a tough time catching his passes, because he was putting too much on the ball. Good quarterbacks have a better touch on the ball.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 09:39 AM
And, I guess that would include the guy in the back of the end-zone, holding a mic. He should of caught that one?

Look, Joe Flacco has a strong arm, but he is not a good quarterback. The wide receivers were having a tough time catching his passes, because he was putting too much on the ball. Good quarterbacks have a better touch on the ball.

I'll say this again. Honestly Batch should not get the credit. Your kicker made the FG that won the game. The Ed Reed interception should have gave us the win as Batch was off for the night. Look at the over throw in the end zone. But Flacco's fumble sealed it for us. Great game to you guys. But Batch really did not make the win happen.

tony hipchest
12-03-2012, 09:43 AM
But Flacco's fumble sealed it for us. Great game to you guys.

how many games has flacco choked away to the steelers with his fumbles and interceptions, now? 6?

7?

ive lost count.

:thumbsup:

Terminator
12-03-2012, 09:47 AM
Pittsburgh is physically incapable of NOT strip sacking Flacco.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
how many games has flacco choked away to the steelers with his fumbles and interceptions, now? 6?

7?

ive lost count.

:thumbsup:

And how many interceptions has Batch, and Ben and your QB from (2) weeks ago thrown? I've lost count too. Ben may have a great arm, but Ed Reed is always a step ahead of him. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-03-2012, 09:55 AM
And how many interceptions has Batch, and Ben and your QB from (2) weeks ago thrown? I've lost count too. Ben may have a great arm, but Ed Reed is always a step ahead of him. :chuckle:ed reed is a slapdick scrub who pussed out and didnt even try to tackle dwyer yesterday.

passed him off the the other cheapshot safety.

how many rings does Fraud Reed have?

probably as many as terrell suggs?

theyre all posers. all bark and no bite.

even ray lewis has been reduced to a skirt wearing cheerleader/mascot.

Terminator
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I liked the makeout session Ray Lewis had with Reed's helmet after that pick.

If the Ravens make a tackle on a Steeler, someone gets a Gatorade bath.

stb_steeler
12-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I'll say this again. Honestly Batch should not get the credit. Your kicker made the FG that won the game. The Ed Reed interception should have gave us the win as Batch was off for the night. Look at the over throw in the end zone. But Flacco's fumble sealed it for us. Great game to you guys. But Batch really did not make the win happen.

Last nights loss still burns the panties huh? :blah:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Last nights loss still burns the panties huh? :blah:

No I gave you credit. Something your fans never do or only a very few. Good win. Your field goal won it. But your standings are still 7-5 and we are 9-3. :wave:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:16 AM
I liked the makeout session Ray Lewis had with Reed's helmet after that pick.

If the Ravens make a tackle on a Steeler, someone gets a Gatorade bath.

Steelers are an easy tackle now. You guys look sluggish on the field. Defintely you need some changes. Be honest, it's the truth.

SoCalFan
12-03-2012, 10:18 AM
No I gave you credit. Something your fans never do or only a very few. Good win. Your field goal won it. But your standings are still 7-5 and we are 9-3. :wave:

How long have you been watching football?! Batch drove the ball from his own 15 to allow the kicker to make the game winning kick! BATCH, against your D!:toofunny:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:22 AM
ed reed is a slapdick scrub who pussed out and didnt even try to tackle dwyer yesterday.

passed him off the the other cheapshot safety.

how many rings does Fraud Reed have?

probably as many as terrell suggs?

theyre all posers. all bark and no bite.

even ray lewis has been reduced to a skirt wearing cheerleader/mascot.

Hey you make me laugh... All you and others can do is call us frauds.. Hurts when your standings reflect you are not the team of past. Ravens can't wait to play you. Almost every game, you are loosing through most of the game. Last night you won by a field goal. Congrats. I am on here and stand behind our team. Bring it on. Your team is slow and do not have the power you used to anymore. Look at the game with the Browns. You can only use Ben as a scapegoat for so long. Ben is either dealing with bruised ribs or his shanked nose.. LOL. He fears the ravens. And so he should.. :drink:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
How long have you been watching football?! Batch drove the ball from his own 15 to allow the kicker to make the game winning kick! BATCH, against your D!:toofunny:

Only because of the Flacco fumble. Batch was off most of the night. Are you kidding me that you think he played well last night? Really??? :rofl:

Terminator
12-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Hey you make me laugh... All you and others can do is call us frauds.. Hurts when your standings reflect you are not the team of past. Ravens can wait to play you. Almost every game, you are loosing through most of the game. Last night you won by a field goal. Congrats. I am on here and stand behind our team. Bring it on. Your team is slow and do not have the power you used to anymore. Look at the game with the Browns. You can only use Ben as a scapegoat for so long. Ben is either dealing with bruised ribs or his shanked nose.. LOL. He fears the ravens. And so he should.. :drink:

Dude, just go away. You are obviously mad and only here to start trouble.

Classic butt-hurt troll.

What a shame. :coffee:

Terminator
12-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Only because of the Flacco fumble. Batch was off most of the night. Are you kidding me that you think he played well last night? Really??? :rofl:

Would you mind going to ESPN.com or NFL.com and posting each quarterback's stats from last night? :hatsoff:

TheDude
12-03-2012, 10:28 AM

What credit are you searching for exactly?

The bottom line is....
YOUR coach comes up a day late and a dollar short every post season.
YOUR team decided to "gatorade-bath" the coach after a regular season game....TWICE
YOUR coach has the emotional stability of a teen age girl on the rag.
YOUR face of the franchise LB is a shell of his former self whose contributions on game day end after he finishes dancing during pregame
YOUR team lost to a guy that shouldnt be in the league (I mean that with all due respec to Charlie)
YOUR O-Coordinator is a mess
YOUR best player (Rice) is an afterthought in YOUR offense
YOUR defense is showing more signs of age than the Steelers

Steeler fans worldwide, and on this site, are simply calling like they see it

If it is consistency that you seek....look no further than Steeler fans.

We consistently find the actions of YOUR head coach futile, self promoting & ultimately unsuccessful.

Have a crab cake on me

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Dude, just go away. You are obviously mad and only here to start trouble.

Classic butt-hurt troll.

What a shame. :coffee:

No read my posts. Not mad at all. But you attack Harbaugh and Flacco with your name calling and that's right? And call me a butt hurt troll? What were your fans two weeks ago in our forums? And you resort to name calling as usual. Pathetic

Terminator
12-03-2012, 10:38 AM
No read my posts. Not mad at all. But you attack Harbaugh and Flacco with your name calling and that's right? And call me a butt hurt troll? What were your fans two weeks ago in our forums? And you resort to name calling as usual. Pathetic

I can't speak about anyone on "your forums". I don't go on Ravens forums. But you are here on ours, arguing with damn near everyone.

You know what gets me the most about Ravens fans? You guys practically BEG for the attention of other fanbases. You NEED the recognition of rooting for a great team so badly that is fucking kills you all. There is no other fanbase on EARTH that needs that recognition from everyone as badly as Ravens fans need it.

It's fucking pathetic and one of the main reasons I hate all of you.

Don't look for any respect from me, pal. I'd sooner invite a mass murderer over for dinner.

Twentyvalve
12-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah, and if Heath miller did not make that touchdown you would have won. If our kicker missed the field goal you would have won. And if . . . .

No kidding. See, the problem is, the game needs to be played to get the score. Stuff happens during the game. Stuff like fumbles, touchdowns, kick returns (if it were not for that Jone punt return Ravens would have lost last time - see what I did there?) etc. happens during the game. Does that make sense?

I know Ravens fans. I know the Ravens mentality. They think it is their right to win. When they don't, it is not their fault. Always "But if X did not do Y we would have won." No kidding. Flacco on the radio this morning said they expected to score 30-40 points. Yeah - on the Steelers? Who is he kidding.Maybe with Tom Brady throwing the ball.

Additionally, Harbaugh never gives the opposition credit. I have no seen it yet, but I hear his press conference did not congratulate the Steelers at all. He is a classless meathead.

Sheesh. The Steelers had 23 points and the Ravens had 20. They won. Fair and square.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:47 AM
I can't speak about anyone on "your forums". I don't go on Ravens forums. But you are here on ours, arguing with damn near everyone.

You know what gets me the most about Ravens fans? You guys practically BEG for the attention of other fanbases. You NEED the recognition of rooting for a great team so badly that is fucking kills you all. There is no other fanbase on EARTH that needs that recognition from everyone as badly as Ravens fans need it.

It's fucking pathetic and one of the main reasons I hate all of you.

Don't look for any respect from me, pal. I'd sooner invite a mass murderer over for dinner.

Hey you know what, suck it up. You summarize the worst of the steelers fans.. Hate the rivalry and even when congratulated, you still are so f-ng pissed that you are down in the standings. Again suck it up. And invite a mass murderer over for dinner. Invite a Ravens fan, we will continue to shove it up you ass in the standings. Hurts doesn't it? :rofl:

steeltheone
12-03-2012, 10:48 AM

It's typical of some posters on this board to resort to personal attacks and name calling for no reason at all. Very immature.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah, and if Heath miller did not make that touchdown you would have won. If our kicker missed the field goal you would have won. And if . . . .

No kidding. See, the problem is, the game needs to be played to get the score. Stuff happens during the game. Stuff like fumbles, touchdowns, kick returns (if it were not for that Jone punt return Ravens would have lost last time - see what I did there?) etc. happens during the game. Does that make sense?

I know Ravens fans. I know the Ravens mentality. They think it is their right to win. When they don't, it is not their fault. Always "But if X did not do Y we would have won." No kidding. Flacco on the radio this morning said they expected to score 30-40 points. Yeah - on the Steelers? Who is he kidding.Maybe with Tom Brady throwing the ball.

Additionally, Harbaugh never gives the opposition credit. I have no seen it yet, but I hear his press conference did not congratulate the Steelers at all. He is a classless meathead.

Sheesh. The Steelers had 23 points and the Ravens had 20. They won. Fair and square.

And you go tthe win and my Congrats. But two weeks ago I had to listen to your fans pissing and moaning. I merely bring up some key things in the game and some get extremely angry. It's all in fun, but when it turns to a personal attack, then expect it back.

TheDude
12-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Hey you know what, suck it up. You summarize the worst of the steelers fans.. Hate the rivalry and even when congratulated, you still are so f-ng pissed that you are down in the standings. Again suck it up. And invite a mass murderer over for dinner. Invite a Ravens fan, we will continue to shove it up you ass in the standings. Hurts doesn't it? :rofl:

How bout Ray Lewis?
He's a murderer AND a Ravens Fan (used to be a pretty good player...a LONG TIME AGO)!!!

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:51 AM
It's typical of some posters on this board to resort to personal attacks and name calling for no reason at all. Very immature.

Well you got the win,and that's what matters and where it counts. We have many tough weeks ahead in games. both teams...

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 10:54 AM
How bout Ray Lewis?
He's a murderer AND a Ravens Fan (used to be a pretty good player...a LONG TIME AGO)!!!

Again, BS.... Not true.. And if you go that route, then what about Ben, please...Those comments are typical when you have nothing else....

TheDude
12-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Again, BS.... Not true.. And if you go that route, then what about Ben, please...Those comments are typical when you have nothing else....

Big difference between the two....

Ben didnt roll over on one of his homey's like Ray

What a shocker it was when Ray "found Jesus" and became a good boy....he knows what they do to snitches in the joint

Ricco Suavez
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Wah, you sure your not Harbaugh in disguise. Should you not be preparing a "what-if" press release for this week. Hey if I was you I would be sooooo happy to be 9-3 when in reality you are a 6-6 or 5-7 team at best. I go to Raven forums (never to post just to read the BS ya'll post) and before the Ravens won two weeks ago ya'll were moaning and crying that the Steelers were going to hammer ya'll. With Ben out ya'll perked up like Dolly Parton's nipples in a freezer storage locker. Ray is old, Suggs is broken, Flaccid is just not very good (Mark Sanchez but uglier) ya'll can't stop the run anymore and there are more holes in that secondary than Cam's gameplan. I hope, no I pray we play ya'll again with just a little bit healthier team and especially if Ben is healthy the spread will not be the normal 3 point edge, (BTW two weeks ago ya'll won by 3 also, what's the deal with our 3 point win not good enough for you ). Just hope, no pray, that ya'll do not have a total collapse your next 4 games.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Wah, you sure your not Harbaugh in disguise. Should you not be preparing a "what-if" press release for this week. Hey if I was you I would be sooooo happy to be 9-3 when in reality you are a 6-6 or 5-7 team at best. I go to Raven forums (never to post just to read the BS ya'll post) and before the Ravens won two weeks ago ya'll were moaning and crying that the Steelers were going to hammer ya'll. With Ben out ya'll perked up like Dolly Parton's nipples in a freezer storage locker. Ray is old, Suggs is broken, Flaccid is just not very good (Mark Sanchez but uglier) ya'll can't stop the run anymore and there are more holes in that secondary than Cam's gameplan. I hope, no I pray we play ya'll again with just a little bit healthier team and especially if Ben is healthy the spread will not be the normal 3 point edge, (BTW two weeks ago ya'll won by 3 also, what's the deal with our 3 point win not good enough for you ). Just hope, no pray, that ya'll do not have a total collapse your next 4 games.

I think you better be watching your next weeks game. I called your loss to Cleveland and I'll call it again next week. Even with Ben back, you will not win. Arrogance in no way makes you superior. We fight hard for our wins and accept a loss. Ben is stiff, and falls hard. Almose every fall is an injury. Troy looked scared yesterday and Harrison is slow and spent. All those helmet hits last season left him slow and sluggish. We'll see how the season concludes. The collapse you speak may be your very own team.

Terminator
12-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I think you better be watching your next weeks game. I called your loss to Cleveland and I'll call it again next week. Even with Ben back, you will not win. Arrogance in no way makes you superior. We fight hard for our wins and accept a loss. Ben is stiff, and falls hard. Almose every fall is an injury. Troy looked scared yesterday and Harrison is slow and spent. All those helmet hits last season left him slow and sluggish. We'll see how the season concludes. The collapse you speak may be your very own team.

Seriously. You are an idiot.

Troy looked scared? You mean when you planted Ray Rice on his fucking ass with zero forward momentum? Or how about when he rushed the line and dropped Pierce into the dirt for a loss? How about the fact that every time he dropped into coverage, Flacco was too scared to even throw to that side of the field?

Harrison is slow and spent? Then why did he plant his fat balls on Flacco's mouth with that strip sack that Mr. BlindSide Oher couldn't contain? How about leading the game with 7 tackles, 5 for a loss?

Yeah, good job there guy. You should be working for ESPN with those observations. :hatsoff:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:17 AM

Rico... Yout Steelers no longer have the fire and strength they did at one time. I'd be pretty scared if I were you. Your team is sluggish and spent. You may luck in one or at the most two wins, but it will not be enough. Remember you still a 7-5 team. I'll hand you back Ray's towel in case you need a good cry... (It's all in fun seriously) But it's always an intense matchup for sure :thumbsup:

Ricco Suavez
12-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Must be Harbaugh, got an excuse for everything. Also only his teams injuries affect his teams play not the other way around.

Fire Arians

harrison slow? really man? come on :chuckle:

steelerschik

Arrogance? That's a Ravens fan MO. You should heed your own words.

And I have YET to see a Ravens fan, especially the head tool, accept a loss. It's one excuse after the next, again from the head coach on down. It's never "we lost to a better team" it's always "we beat ourselves and the refs...refs....refs." Always. I've already witnessed the Ravens collapse time and time again in the POs. This year will be no different. The Ravens started their collapse losing to a bunch of second and third stringers last night and got a lucky TD by ST in November against backups yet again. The season will conclude as usual for the Ravens, a choke in the POs and sitting at home watching the SB, same old same old. You should be used to it.

Terminator
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Anyone know what happened to that Internet Tough Guy World Champion from Wyoming? He referred to all of us as "Appalachian Trash". Would love to hear from him today. :)

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Seriously. You are an idiot.

Troy looked scared? You mean when you planted Ray Rice on his fucking ass with zero forward momentum? Or how about when he rushed the line and dropped Pierce into the dirt for a loss? How about the fact that every time he dropped into coverage, Flacco was too scared to even throw to that side of the field?

Harrison is slow and spent? Then why did he plant his fat balls on Flacco's mouth with that strip sack that Mr. BlindSide Oher couldn't contain? How about leading the game with 7 tackles, 5 for a loss?

Yeah, good job there guy. You should be working for ESPN with those observations. :hatsoff:

Dude you make it fun for me to be here and even in a loss, you make me laugh the loss off. All your posts are so full of hatred. Watch the replay. You are not the team you push that you are. The Ravens are not where they need to be either. But I laugh at you when you think your team is so superior. Ravens are always ready for your team. Terminator, seriously.... "We'll be baccck...." :rofl:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Arrogance? That's a Ravens fan MO. You should heed your own words.

And I have YET to see a Ravens fan, especially the head tool, accept a loss. It's one excuse after the next, again from the head coach on down. It's never "we lost to a better team" it's always "we beat ourselves and the refs...refs....refs." Always. I've already witnessed the Ravens collapse time and time again in the POs. This year will be no different. The Ravens started their collapse losing to a bunch of second and third stringers last night and got a lucky TD by ST in November against backups yet again. The season will conclude as usual for the Ravens, a choke in the POs and sitting at home watching the SB, same old same old. You should be used to it.

You were congratulated on a win.. Read my posts. The better team, no. You won last night. You are down under us for the season to date and lost to us year. Again, good win last night. :drink: But as far as a collapse steelerschik, your remaining games will show what I am saying. It will be fun to see where you lay blame moving forward. Last night we lost due to Flacco with the fumble, plain and simple. Reed's interception had shut down a luckluster performance by Batch. We killed ourselves with the fumble after Reeds spectacular interception. Watch the replay. He was in the air all over your guy. But a win to you is a win and a good job done.. Hope we see you again in the playoffs but it is doubtful for your team

Terminator
12-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Dude you make it fun for me to be here and even in a loss, you make me laugh the loss off. All your posts are so full of hatred. Watch the replay. You are not the team you push that you are. The Ravens are not where they need to be either. But I laugh at you when you think your team is so superior. Ravens are always ready for your team. Terminator, seriously.... "We'll be baccck...." :rofl:

Ahhh, resort to making fun of my username. That's cute.

CTSxViper

Did you register that name to remind everyone of the 2 cars you will never own? :toofunny:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Ahhh, resort to making fun of my username. That's cute.

CTSxViper

Did you register that name to remind everyone of the 2 cars you will never own? :toofunny:

No it's a clan name for a superior team. Something you lack the last (2) years...

dez09231
12-03-2012, 11:35 AM
No it's a clan name for a superior team. Something you lack the last (2) years...

And something that the Ravens lacked for most of the 40 before that.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:37 AM
harrison slow? really man? come on :chuckle:

Even my neighbor who is a Steelers Fan commented on him. We are together every Steelers game and it is a blast. And guess what we never are angry. But a loss does hurt no doubt. But he does look sluggish. I'll give him a few more weeks to allow for him to be 100%, but let's see how he continues to look. :thumbsup:

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:38 AM
And something that the Ravens lacked for most of the 40 before that.

But we are back, and you can't avoid us.... :flap:

dez09231
12-03-2012, 11:40 AM
But we are back, and you can't avoid us.... :flap:

True, true.

It makes it a little more fun. When you all first left to Baltimore, a lot of people didn't want you to leave because it'd be the death of the rivalry.

It didn't die... it just moved.

Ricco Suavez
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
You do realize you are on a STEELER FORUM. You come on here and expect us to take you seriously. We have seen your team and yes they have won some recent regular season games, but you can not overcome us in the playoffs. Yet if we talk playoffs that is ancient history, but if we talk about yesterdays game ya'll want to bring up two weeks ago or last year. I am being honest with you all things being equal, both teams at full strength and the Steelers take 3 of 4 from ya'll everytime. Not talking about past or future this is now, today, this minute. You talk of injuries and yet if we mention them we make excuses. Once again I will put our injury report for the year up against yours. And as for your coach, how many get two regular season gatorade baths, how many complain about the scheduling against one team, how many complain about what music is played when his QB takes the field, how many are so adamant about the refs every time the camera is on him. Sorry I cannot argue with bricks, go home and feel free to wallow in self pity about last night, ya'll were exposed as the frauds you are. Mediocre defense, even more mediocre offense, poor coaching.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:46 AM
You do realize you are on a STEELER FORUM. You come on here and expect us to take you seriously. We have seen your team and yes they have won some recent regular season games, but you can not overcome us in the playoffs. Yet if we talk playoffs that is ancient history, but if we talk about yesterdays game ya'll want to bring up two weeks ago or last year. I am being honest with you all things being equal, both teams at full strength and the Steelers take 3 of 4 from ya'll everytime. Not talking about past or future this is now, today, this minute. You talk of injuries and yet if we mention them we make excuses. Once again I will put our injury report for the year up against yours. And as for your coach, how many get two regular season gatorade baths, how many complain about the scheduling against one team, how many complain about what music is played when his QB takes the field, how many are so adamant about the refs every time the camera is on him. Sorry I cannot argue with bricks, go home and feel free to wallow in self pity about last night, ya'll were exposed as the frauds you are. Mediocre defense, even more mediocre offense, poor coaching.

No pity here, or wallowing. We own up a loss. We take it in stride. But you cannot avoid us. Your best hope is a quick few more losses and being able to avoid us in the playoffs. A field goal won't win it for you next time..

dez09231
12-03-2012, 11:47 AM
No pity here, or wallowing. We own up a loss. We take it in stride. But you cannot avoid us. Your best hope is a quick few more losses and being able to avoid us in the playoffs. A field goal won't win it for you next time..

Aside from when you blew us out and the AFC Championship game haven't they all been decided a field goal, lol?

MACH1
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM

Because with Ben back back we win by 2 td's.

tburhans
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Pretty sure a field goal would win any game that was tied so not really sure where you were trying to go with that. And if charlie hits wallace before halftime and sanders doesn't fumble we would of blown you out with a third string qb

dez09231
12-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I think that we would've won the first game by a TD or so with Ben, but yesterday would've been about the same. Charlie was ass in the first half, but realistically looking at the stat line, I don't think it would've been all that much different. Yesterday felt like a Steeler/Raven game because Charlie played at a relatively similar quality to what Ben would have.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Because with Ben back back we win by 2 td's.

BS. And with Ben what happened last season? BS

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 11:57 AM
I think that we would've won the first game by a TD or so with Ben, but yesterday would've been about the same. Charlie was ass in the first half, but realistically looking at the stat line, I don't think it would've been all that much different. Yesterday felt like a Steeler/Raven game because Charlie played at a relatively similar quality to what Ben would have.

With Ben I think you would have done worse. Much worse..

MACH1
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
BS. And with Ben what happened last season? BS

What happened last year has no relevance on this year. :noidea:

What happened yesterday?

dez09231
12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
With Ben I think you would have done worse. Much worse..

Broken Ben? Probably. Healthy Ben? Nah.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 12:00 PM

What happened yesterday?

It does when you state what you would have done with Ben. You had him in last year and lost to us. God I hope we have one more game with you. But with where you are, it is highly doubtful.

stb_steeler
12-03-2012, 12:00 PM

What happened yesterday?

Dude...theres no point....hes obviously lookin for attention!

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Dude...theres no point....hes obviously lookin for attention!

N. My initial post was congratulatory and responding to Harbaugh and Flacco attacks which are normal for here.. But some of the responses warranted responses.

Enjoy your 7-5. :chuckle:

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Big difference between the two....

Ben didnt roll over on one of his homey's like Ray

What a shocker it was when Ray "found Jesus" and became a good boy....he knows what they do to snitches in the joint

Ray has had years to demonstrate that his conversion was legit. Honestly, I have grown to respect the guy through the years.

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 12:10 PM
And how many interceptions has Batch, and Ben and your QB from (2) weeks ago thrown? I've lost count too. Ben may have a great arm, but Ed Reed is always a step ahead of him. :chuckle:

Always? :rofl:

steelerschik
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
You were congratulated on a win.. Read my posts. The better team, no. You won last night. You are down under us for the season to date and lost to us year. Again, good win last night. :drink: But as far as a collapse steelerschik, your remaining games will show what I am saying. It will be fun to see where you lay blame moving forward. Last night we lost due to Flacco with the fumble, plain and simple. Reed's interception had shut down a luckluster performance by Batch. We killed ourselves with the fumble after Reeds spectacular interception. Watch the replay. He was in the air all over your guy. But a win to you is a win and a good job done.. Hope we see you again in the playoffs but it is doubtful for your team

Of course the Steelers weren't the better team. How can they be considered that when they're playing a 3rd string QB, no Woodley, Ike hurt, Brown and Polamalu not at 100%, an o-line that is shuffled so much it may as well be a deck of cards. And talk about blame, what is "last night we lost due to Flacco with the fumble", what is that? An excuse? Uh, yeah, no different than saying the Steelers lost the first game due to a special team let down. Hyprocrisy. You talk about the Steelers schedule, lol, I can't see the Ravens beating Cincy let alone Washington, Denver and the Giants.

The Ravens aren't a great team. They're not a championship caliber team. Keep bringing up the 9-3 record and of course you're as good as your record shows. I disagree greatly. The Ravens aren't a 9-3 team, of course luck is a big part of the game and the Ravens have gotten lucky A LOT, but SB bound, not even close.

LVSteelersfan
12-03-2012, 12:19 PM
People arguing with an attention ***** who is just looking to stir things up is a total waste of time.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Of course the Steelers weren't the better team. How can they be considered that when they're playing a 3rd string QB, no Woodley, Ike hurt, Brown and Polamalu not at 100%, an o-line that is shuffled so much it may as well be a deck of cards. And talk about blame, what is "last night we lost due to Flacco with the fumble", what is that? An excuse? Uh, yeah, no different than saying the Steelers lost the first game due to a special team let down. Hyprocrisy. You talk about the Steelers schedule, lol, I can't see the Ravens beating Cincy let alone Washington, Denver and the Giants.

The Ravens aren't a great team. They're not a championship caliber team. Keep bringing up the 9-3 record and of course you're as good as your record shows. I disagree greatly. The Ravens aren't a 9-3 team, of course luck is a big part of the game and the Ravens have gotten lucky A LOT, but SB bound, not even close.

That's your opinion. The Steelers lack the power. Period. I'll say it again. You are not the feared dominating team you hang onto. Ravens fans can't wait to play your team. It used to be you thought your team was unbeatable. The tide has turned with last year. The stats moving forward will be the measure. I think the Steelers will be much more easier for teams to win against moving forward. Yes you will play hard, but not as dominant by no means as in past. As for schedules, we will be ready for the Bengals and the Redskins. Denver will be our toughest game. Good luck...

White_Steel_Wolfe
12-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Ravens a better team? That has got to be the best joke I've heard all week. First meeting we completely shut your putrid offense down and played with a 2nd QB who was playing on sprained/fractured ribs- AND still only lost by 3. Thank special teams for your touchdown- otherwise we'd be singing a different tune bitch.

Then yesterday the Steelers play your turdburds in their house with a 3RD STRING QB Batch who is playing only his second game in years. He then out plays flucko, your "elite", ha what am I kidding- your starting QB.
Had it not been for some perfect but dropped passes it wouldn't have gone down the wire.

23-20

Now please go whine and circle jerk at a Ravens board.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Ravens a better team? That has got to be the best joke I've heard all week. First meeting we completely shut your putrid offense down and played with a 2nd QB who was playing on sprained/fractured ribs- AND still only lost by 3. Thank special teams for your touchdown- otherwise we'd be singing a different tune bitch.

Then yesterday the Steelers play your turdburds in their house with a 3RD STRING QB Batch who is playing only his second game in years. He then out plays flucko, your "elite", ha what am I kidding- your starting QB.
Had it not been for some perfect but dropped passes it wouldn't have gone down the wire.

23-20

Now please go whine and circle jerk at a Ravens board.

Live in dreamland. You were losing thee quarters of the game. And forums are open to post in. I doubt we will see your team again this year, which you should hope you do not... But if so, when you lose, what excuse will you use? In any event, bring it on please....

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 12:31 PM

The Steelers are getting healthy. Mark my words....they are about to go on a serious roll. The Ravens were better for stretches this season...but they are not better now. They are a fragile team psychologically and emotionally and may just collapse down the stretch. They are no where near as mentally tough as the Steelers. If the Ravens manage to salvage a playoff home game and the Steelers come to town...you and ever other Raven fan will be crapping their pants. I've been on your forums....just like your team, you have an inferiority complex when it comes to the Mighty Steelers and you should. :tt:

SteelersCanada
12-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Live in dreamland. You were losing thee quarters of the game. And forums are open to post in. I doubt we will see your team again this year, which you should hope you do not... But if so, when you lose, what excuse will you use? In any event, bring it on please....

You're saying we lost three quarters of a game, playing against a team that has Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs and Eddy 'I'm a fucking prick' Reed while Charlie Batch was in at quarterback? This is a joke, right?

Those three did absolutely dick all game. Sure, Eddy had a pick but then good ol' Joey - who might I remind you, Ravens fans said was elite - gave it right back to us. All we heard all week was how bad the score was going to be and how it was going to be embarrassing. The fact that Charlie kept it close was a win for the Steelers, and ultimately ended up with Suishi putting the final nail in. Shape it how you want, but the fact that the Steelers kept it close all game I'm sure brought many Ravens' fans piss to a boil.

"We won it for three quarters! That matters!"

Please stop acting like you have any clue what you're talking about. The fact the game was close was a win for this team, and the Ravens once again prove they aren't worth talking about among the big boys in the AFC. I suggest you skulk back to your Ravens message board and keep trying to make sense of a loss coming at the hands of a 38 year old veteran.

Don't let the door hit you.

White_Steel_Wolfe
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
:blah::blah::blah:

No excuses here son but I'm sure you will disappear rather quickly when your turdburds are eliminated in the playoffs. Same story different year. :wave:

:naughty::sign02:

Dino 6 Rings
12-03-2012, 12:36 PM
up next Chargers at our house. that's all that matters.

Ravens fans need to go watch film of the Redskins and quit poking for compliments from Steelers fans. Its never going to happen. Big mouth underperformers don't get our respect.

steelerschik
12-03-2012, 12:37 PM
That's your opinion. The Steelers lack the power. Period. I'll say it again. You are not the feared dominating team you hang onto. Ravens fans can't wait to play your team. It used to be you thought your team was unbeatable. The tide has turned with last year. The stats moving forward will be the measure. I think the Steelers will be much more easier for teams to win against moving forward. Yes you will play hard, but not as dominant by no means as in past. As for schedules, we will be ready for the Bengals and the Redskins. Denver will be our toughest game. Good luck...

LOL, really? You've asked them personally how they feel? The above stated is all your opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Sweetheart, if the tide had turned the Ravens would have swept the Steelers yet again. There is no tide turning until the Ravens knock the Steelers out of the POs a few times, like the Steelers have done to the Ravens. The tide is right where it's always been. And you've asked the Ravens if they'll be ready for the Bengals and Redskins too, huh? LOL, yeah, they'll be as ready as they were against the Steelers. They aren't good darling, sorry.

LOL, talk about dreamland cause your posts cannot possibly be serious.

Nevermore
12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
You're saying we lost three quarters of a game, playing against a team that has Haloti Ngata, Terrell Suggs and Eddy 'I'm a fucking prick' Reed while Charlie Batch was in at quarterback? This is a joke, right?

Those three did absolutely dick all game. Sure, Eddy had a pick but then good ol' Joey - who might I remind you, Ravens fans said was elite - gave it right back to us. All we heard all week was how bad the score was going to be and how it was going to be embarrassing. The fact that Charlie kept it close was a win for the Steelers, and ultimately ended up with Suishi putting the final nail in. Shape it how you want, but the fact that the Steelers kept it close all game I'm sure brought many Ravens' fans piss to a boil.

"We won it for three quarters! That matters!"

Please stop acting like you have any clue what you're talking about. The fact the game was close was a win for this team, and the Ravens once again prove they aren't worth talking about among the big boys in the AFC. I suggest you skulk back to your Ravens message board and keep trying to make sense of a loss coming at the hands of a 38 year old veteran.

Don't let the door hit you.

You guys beat us in our own house with a geriatric 3rd string QB. Fair enough....

But until you are ahead of us in the standings.... enjoy the view from the bottom looking up. :hatsoff:

The Steelers are coming on and the Ravens are consistently streaky. The question is who gets hot at the end of the season? For a team that couldn't beat Cleveland, you all have a lot of swagger today. One week at a time.

steelerschik
12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
You guys beat us in our own house with a geriatric 3rd string QB. Fair enough....

But until you are ahead of us in the standings.... enjoy the view from the bottom looking up. :hatsoff:

The Steelers are coming on and the Ravens are consistently streaky. The question is who gets hot at the end of the season? For a team that couldn't beat Cleveland, you all have a lot of swagger today. One week at a time.

What difference does it make whose looking up at who when we all know the Ravens aren't going anywhere with their "record", which seems to be all that matters to the Ravens fans. Who gives a shit about a record. No SB, that record is completely and totally meaningless.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM

Again, the PROBLEM with Ravens fans, and this has been the same effect for years, is that you overrate yourself from a regular season record standpoint and want to rate yourselves to Pittsburgh when in reality, you're NOTHING but paper-champions who are obsessed with a rivalry that's only a FRACTION of your chances.

What I see, is a 9-3 Ravens football team who field a HORRENDOUS defense, who relies on special teams bailouts to cover up a very mediocre AT BEST QB under center and letting that OBSESSION of talking yourselves into letting Joe Flacco beat teams (when he can't) while neglecting Ray Rice.

You're simply not going anywhere and despite the record, your overall football product on the field is downright laughable and you'll have an early bounce!

Like I said earlier, you should be thanking us for exposing your fraud ass's so being one and done won't hurt as bad come January!

Fire Arians
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
What difference does it make whose looking up at who when we all know the Ravens aren't going anywhere with their "record", which seems to be all that matters to the Ravens fans. Who gives a shit about a record. No SB, that record is completely and totally meaningless.

record does mean something for playoff positioning. it's tougher to do it on the road

steelerchad
12-03-2012, 01:02 PM

I think we were the team getting hot at the end and then Ben's injury derailed that. We had won 4 in a row and then lost 2 with him out. This win was important to stabilize this team. With Ben coming back will we be able to pick up where we left off 3 weeks ago? We're also getting healthier than we've been all season. If Troy and Ben are back for good and Woodley and Ike come back before playoffs, we will be a tough out for any team.

steelerschik
12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
record does mean something for playoff positioning. it's tougher to do it on the road

Yes, I know that. I was just pointing out they're going on and on about their standings. My point is standings mean squat when you end up empty handed at the end of the season, like they always do. I don't care if you're the first seed or sixth seed. Besides, didn't the Ravens just lose at home to a beat up team of back ups?

i82much
12-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Again, the PROBLEM with Ravens fans, and this has been the same effect for years, is that you overrate yourself from a regular season record standpoint and want to rate yourselves to Pittsburgh when in reality, you're NOTHING but paper-champions who are obsessed with a rivalry that's only a FRACTION of your chances.

You ever considered generalizing less? Not trying to give you too much of a hard time, but I feel like some of your comments don't take into account the fact that everyone is different.

steelfury02
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM

yup, and who knows - the Ravens may or may not regain that #2 seed.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
LOL, really? You've asked them personally how they feel? The above stated is all your opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Sweetheart, if the tide had turned the Ravens would have swept the Steelers yet again. There is no tide turning until the Ravens knock the Steelers out of the POs a few times, like the Steelers have done to the Ravens. The tide is right where it's always been. And you've asked the Ravens if they'll be ready for the Bengals and Redskins too, huh? LOL, yeah, they'll be as ready as they were against the Steelers. They aren't good darling, sorry.

LOL, talk about dreamland cause your posts cannot possibly be serious.

We are not good. We are "very good". Joe needs to be calm, focused and confident. When he is we beat the best of all teams. When he is not, we loose games, just like your team does. Ravens fans will be right there fighting for our team until the end. You will not win all your remaining games hun.. Sorry... But good luck to you anyway.

steelerschik
12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
We are not good. We are "very good". Joe needs to be calm, focused and confident. When he is we beat the best of all teams. When he is not, we loose games, just like your team does. Ravens fans will be right there fighting for our team until the end. You will not win all your remaining games hun.. Sorry... But good luck to you anyway.

That's ok darlin, neither will the Ravens. And "very" good team is a stretch, average, not very good. Definitely not SB good. But good luck to you as well, they're gonna need it to win, but they'll get it like they always do, hence 9-3.

OX1947
12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Other then John Harbaugh, I really do not have any ill will towards anyone else on that team from top to bottom. I live in California so I do not run into Raven fans much and their whining. Harbaugh on the other hand bothers me to no end. His sideline antics remind me of Tom Coughlin when he was with the Jags when the Steelers and the Jags were division rivals.

Win a Super Bowl Ravens, not 2000, now, with your current team and then you can talk all you want. Problem is, Joe Flacco plays great 2 1/2 times a month and the other 1 1/2, he blows chunks. He needs to make up his mind on whether he is great or not.

Twentyvalve
12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
I did not attack you, were you insinuating that? I was just commenting that of course one change in events occurs it could change the entire game. That is obvious. Dwelling on that is pointless.

If the Titanic did not hit an iceberg it would not have sunk, no?

Was I surprised we won? Yes. Was I surprised it was close? No.

And you go tthe win and my Congrats. But two weeks ago I had to listen to your fans pissing and moaning. I merely bring up some key things in the game and some get extremely angry. It's all in fun, but when it turns to a personal attack, then expect it back.

CTSxViper
12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
I did not attack you, were you insinuating that? I was just commenting that of course one change in events occurs it could change the entire game. That is obvious. Dwelling on that is pointless.

If the Titanic did not hit an iceberg it would not have sunk, no?

Was I surprised we won? Yes. Was I surprised it was close? No.

No by all means not you. Only some of my conversations with others were. Trust me I enjoy the rivalry immensely. Your fans on our boards and we do the same. :)

TheDude
12-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Ray has had years to demonstrate that his conversion was legit. Honestly, I have grown to respect the guy through the years.

conversion? HAHAHAHA

He's the biggest self promoting, self aggrandizing, "christian" I've ever seen.

There are professional wrestlers out there with more class!!!

For Christ's sake....get it

:tt02:

The Curtain's Crusader
12-03-2012, 01:38 PM

You are SO full of crap. You keep "congratulating" us on the win, and keep spouting the same trash. Your "congratulations" is nothing but an empty word, and it's evident by your all your posts. Freakin go home to your board.

All this crap about the fumble being the nail in the coffin. Blah, blah, blah. Your crap play was the nail in the coffin. That one fumble didn't help, but that wasn't your only problem, by far!

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Didn't we hear from the Ravens fans that we "were done" as a team after week one last year? To paraphrase Robert Emmet, let no man write our epitaphs. And the Ravens have plenty of holes themselves.

i82much
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Didn't we hear from the Ravens fans that we "were done" as a team after week one last year? To paraphrase Robert Emmet, let no man write our epitaphs. And the Ravens have plenty of holes themselves.

I thought you were done. I did. I knew the Ravens had plenty of holes, but I didn't foresee this. I thought you were done. But hey - nobody is perfect. I also thought you'd beat the pants off the Browns and I was shocked at how badly Batch looked in that game.

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 02:06 PM
conversion? HAHAHAHA

He's the biggest self promoting, self aggrandizing, "christian" I've ever seen.

There are professional wrestlers out there with more class!!!

For Christ's sake....get it

:tt02:

You are entitled to your opinion...but I am able to evaluate people apart from the color of their team uniform. What has Ray done over the last 10 years that leads you to believe he was insincere? I respect Ray...he doesn't whine about refs and blame everyone and everything else when they lose (unlike many of his team mates and his punk coach).

GMU Steeler
12-03-2012, 02:08 PM
I thought you were done. I did. I knew the Ravens had plenty of holes, but I didn't foresee this. I thought you were done. But hey - nobody is perfect. I also thought you'd beat the pants off the Browns and I was shocked at how badly Batch looked in that game.

True enough.

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM

I wasn't shocked at ALL. I've been watching Cleveland over the years and their defense is STOUT. I'm on record as late as last season as to saying coming into the future, I'm WAY more worried about Cleveland's defense than Baltimore's and there's NOTHING that I've seen over this year to prove otherwise.

SuperSteelers
12-03-2012, 02:36 PM

Well, I bet you were really shocked how he played last night against your mighty D!

:hatsoff:

i82much
12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Well, I bet you were really shocked how he played last night against your mighty D!

:hatsoff:

Yes and no, I guess. I mean I think every game stands on its own as a data point. When smack-talking one might inflate their confidence in an unreasonable way, but upon true reflection I think any intelligent person realizes almost anything can happen in an NFL game. And I think Charlie Batch has been a darn good backup for a long time. If any data point is the outlier for him, it's the Browns game - not the rest of his career.

The biggest problem for our D has really been we can't keep a coordinator around for very long. Generally our defenses have started slow in years when we get a new coordinator and started to gel after the coordinator has been around for a few years. Sadly, the same has not been true for our offense ...

TheDude
12-03-2012, 02:43 PM
You are entitled to your opinion...but I am able to evaluate people apart from the color of their team uniform. What has Ray done over the last 10 years that leads you to believe he was insincere? I respect Ray...he doesn't whine about refs and blame everyone and everything else when they lose (unlike many of his team mates and his punk coach).

Just a few of the phony Christian's greatest hits

-Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco wasn’t the only member of the team to sound off on the absence of the locked-out officials after Sunday’s loss to the Eagles. Linebacker Ray Lewis did the same. “[T]he game is played the way the game is played, but there’s some serious calls the refs missed,” Lewis said in the locker room, via WNST.net Sept 17, 2012

-Ray Lewis Blames Refs, Says Bengals Didn’t Earn Victory
by Robert Littal | Posted on Sunday, September 19th, 2010
A headline from 2010 after a game vs Cincy

-Ray Lewis on Peyton Hillis: “A blind cat will find a meal every once in a while”
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 22, 2010, 10:56 PM EST

The numbers say the Ravens defense is still very good this year, but there have been more than a few moments where they haven’t looked as great as previous seasons.

One of the initial signs things weren’t quite the same came in Week 3, when Browns running back Peyton Hillis steamrolled over the Ravens for 144 yards and a touchdown. Ray Lewis said that won’t happen again this week.

“A blind cat will find a meal every once in a while,” Lewis said according to the team’s website. “We understand the two big runs we gave up against them. . . . “[As] our team’s leader, it won’t happen again. I hope [the Browns] understand that.”

Lewis didn’t seem to want to give credit to Hillis for his big game the first time around. “My son could have run through the holes that we gave him in Baltimore. We just don’t do that,” Lewis said.

-Ray Lewis blames Ravens loss on officials

Ray Lewis is clearly blaming the Baltimore Ravens 15-10 loss on Sunday to the Cincinnati Bengals on the men in stripes.

Late in the third quarter it appeared that Lewis had sacked Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer for an 8-yard loss, but it was ruled a trip. The penalty cost the Ravens ten yards and moved the ball up to the Baltimore 32 yard line. The Bengals went on to kick a field goal during this series and take a 9-7 lead.

Lewis was livid with the penalty. The helmetless linebacker could be seen on the field pleading his case to the officials.

After the game he had this to say about he call that went against him, “I get blocked into the player and you tell me that I tripped this man, but this man fell over my feet.”

The second penalty that drew the ire of Lewis was a roughing the passer call on fellow linebacker Terrell Suggs. Suggs wrapped his arms around Palmer who was in the process of passing the ball and drove him backward to the ground. The hit drew a 15-yard penalty and moved the Bengals to the Baltimore 26-yard line. After the call, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh was irate on the sideline, screaming into the ear of the referee.

-Ravens | R. Lewis not endorsing Billick
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:18:20 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis declined to give Ravens head coach Brian Billick a vote of confidence during a television interview Wednesday, April 20. In an interview with Comcast SportsNet, Lewis was asked if keeping Billick was a move in the right direction for the Ravens. Lewis paused before responding with "no comment." In another interview with ESPN, Lewis criticized the team for not providing him with two big defensive tackles that could shield him from blockers. Lewis also told ESPN that he has never asked for a trade from team. "The issue is: Are you going to let me do what I do?" Lewis said after mentioning he sees other linebackers having the opportunity to run free to make the tackle. "And if not, let me go."

-Ray Lewis rants about replacements, again
Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
New England Patriots v Baltimore Ravens Getty Images

Well, at least he’s consistent.

Last week, after a one-point loss to the Eagles, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis railed on the replacement referees.

This week, after a one-point win over the Patriots, Lewis was at it again.

-In the post-game interviews, Flacco answered an NBC reporter’s questions with the typical answers you usually hear from a pro athlete regarding the team’s chemistry and “taking one game at a time.”

Then, Ray Lewis steps in for his own post-game chat, talking about his advice to Smith and what he said to keep his head in the game.

"You know, position yourself, so when God gets ready to pour out his blessings, that you are in position to receive those blessings." Lewis basically just said here that Torrey Smith literally “received” God’s blessings in the form of a touchdown pass. At this point I groaned and rolled my eyes and said, “Well if God’s your quarterback how can you not win?”

-Ray Lewis calls out Brady Quinn for "cheap shot"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 17, 2009, 8:11 AM EST

Though Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who complained loudly last month regarding the protection of quarterbacks, apparently had nothing to say after Monday night’s game regarding the 15-yard penalty imposed on the Browns via a low hit to Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco, Lewis had plenty to say with respect to Cleveland quarterback Brady Quinn’s decision to dive at the knees of Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs during the return of an interception.

-Lewis charged with murder

He is in No position to attack others, for a penalty

"Despite his accomplishments on the field, Lewis' public image was tarnished following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000. Following the party, a fight broke out between him and rapper Chino Nino's entourage, in which Jacinth Baker, 21, and Richard Lollar, 24, died from stab wounds. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were brought to an Atlanta police station for questioning. Eleven days later, along with Oakley and Sweeting, Lewis was indicted for murder and aggravated assault."

He got out of it, by pleading to "obstruction of justice", and paying off the families of the victims

"On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, preempting a scheduled civil proceeding. [20] Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family"

edit

1st, all I was doing was correcting those that said he was never charged with murder,
There was evidence against, just not enough, after the key witnesses "ALTERED" their stories

"During the trial, several witnesses whose testimony would supposedly prove Lewis’ guilt had altered their stories initially given to investigators"

The fact that he paid off both families, makes him look very guilty to me.
The police DID have witnesses,
they "ALTERED" their statements, when they got to court, and the police believe he was "witness tampering"

-Ray Lewis thinks Tom Brady injuries are a "set-up"
Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2010, 3:43 PM EST

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will play against the Baltimore Ravens this weekend with injuries to his ribs and finger.

Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis doesn’t feel much sympathy.

Lewis said on a call with reporters today that he thinks all the talk of Brady’s injuries is just setting Brady up to have a heroic performance in which he’ll be praised for playing at less than 100 percent. And Lewis would prefer not to hear anything about Brady’s heroism.

-Ray Lewis Wants A New Deal
jimrome.com ^ | 14 June 2005 | Jim Rome

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 2:58:00 PM by sean327

Speculation is Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis may want a new contract and that he could be looking for a $50 million dollar signing bonus.

- According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, it appears that Ray Lewis will be fined for his comments following his team’s 27-21 loss to the Patriots.

No word yet on the amount – but it’s also worth noting that Lewis dove at a sliding Tom Brady during yesterday’s game. Not exactly a smart move by a guy who is supposed to be an intelligent veteran.

-PFT: Ray Lewis Takes Shot at Billick

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Maybe the statute of limitations on the memory of Ray Lewis is six years. Because Lewis apparently is forgetting about how his head coach, Brian Billick, stood up and defended Lewis for the conduct that resulted in murder charges being filed against him, followed by an eventual guilty plea to obstruction of justice.

On Monday, Lewis showed his gratitude for Billick's past support by shoving a verbal knife into his stomach.

"It was as frustrating for you as it was for me," Lewis said during a weekly radio show in Baltimore, in response to comments from a caller who was complaining about the play-calling in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Bills. The caller specifically was griping about the decision of Billick, who calls the offensive plays, to call three straight passes after facing second down and one from the Buffalo 49 with less than two minutes to play.

"As far as those decisions, you have to let [running back] Willis McGahee touch the ball on one of those plays," Lewis said.

"We knew he should have touched the ball when you have a fourth-and-one," Lewis said. "Old-school football is old-school football. If there is a yard I need to get, there is a running back, a fullback and an offense that is meant to get that.

"You can't make oranges be peaches. It doesn't change. It will never change. That's what Billick has to ask himself, why we keep putting ourselves in those situations. In the Cincinnati game, that cost us with those same decisions."

took about 5 minutes to collect these articles lauding the preacher for some of his most Christian deeds

Cmon, he was part of a stabbing....A STABBING!!!!

Maybe it was the refs fault that little girl's dad got stabbed to death.
Just ask Ray....he'll tell ya

StainlessStill
12-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Anquan Boldin thought twice about answering a question about the officials during Sunday’s 23-20 loss to the Steelers. Then, the veteran Baltimore receiver unloaded.

“They were making bad calls all night, “Boldin said about the referees. “I know they don’t want me to say it, but this is what it was: You can’t allow a guy to hold and when a receiver breaks free, call a pass interference. You can’t have it both ways.”

HAHAHA. Love those Ratfucks. Like I said, their shitty attitudes stem from the organization, top to bottom from Harbaugh down to Boldin. Now wonder their fans are delusional.

Ricco Suavez
12-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Harbaugh "coaches" his team in the fine art of whine tasting.

OX1947
12-03-2012, 03:14 PM
HAHAHA. Love those Ratfucks. Like I said, their shitty attitudes stem from the organization, top to bottom from Harbaugh down to Boldin. Now wonder their fans are delusional.

It stems from John Harbaugh, nowhere else. I watched Ozzie Newsome play and GM the last couple of decades and never saw any whining or crying from him. Harbaugh is the bitch and everyone below him are his bitches.

Ricco Suavez
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Yea Ozzie "actually gets it" Harbaugh just used to being someones bitch , so he bitches.

JeromeBetties63
12-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Just a few of the phony Christian's greatest hits

-Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco wasn’t the only member of the team to sound off on the absence of the locked-out officials after Sunday’s loss to the Eagles. Linebacker Ray Lewis did the same. “[T]he game is played the way the game is played, but there’s some serious calls the refs missed,” Lewis said in the locker room, via WNST.net Sept 17, 2012

-Ray Lewis Blames Refs, Says Bengals Didn’t Earn Victory
by Robert Littal | Posted on Sunday, September 19th, 2010
A headline from 2010 after a game vs Cincy

-Ray Lewis on Peyton Hillis: “A blind cat will find a meal every once in a while”
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 22, 2010, 10:56 PM EST

The numbers say the Ravens defense is still very good this year, but there have been more than a few moments where they haven’t looked as great as previous seasons.

One of the initial signs things weren’t quite the same came in Week 3, when Browns running back Peyton Hillis steamrolled over the Ravens for 144 yards and a touchdown. Ray Lewis said that won’t happen again this week.

“A blind cat will find a meal every once in a while,” Lewis said according to the team’s website. “We understand the two big runs we gave up against them. . . . “[As] our team’s leader, it won’t happen again. I hope [the Browns] understand that.”

Lewis didn’t seem to want to give credit to Hillis for his big game the first time around. “My son could have run through the holes that we gave him in Baltimore. We just don’t do that,” Lewis said.

-Ray Lewis blames Ravens loss on officials

Ray Lewis is clearly blaming the Baltimore Ravens 15-10 loss on Sunday to the Cincinnati Bengals on the men in stripes.

Late in the third quarter it appeared that Lewis had sacked Cincinnati quarterback Carson Palmer for an 8-yard loss, but it was ruled a trip. The penalty cost the Ravens ten yards and moved the ball up to the Baltimore 32 yard line. The Bengals went on to kick a field goal during this series and take a 9-7 lead.

Lewis was livid with the penalty. The helmetless linebacker could be seen on the field pleading his case to the officials.

After the game he had this to say about he call that went against him, “I get blocked into the player and you tell me that I tripped this man, but this man fell over my feet.”

The second penalty that drew the ire of Lewis was a roughing the passer call on fellow linebacker Terrell Suggs. Suggs wrapped his arms around Palmer who was in the process of passing the ball and drove him backward to the ground. The hit drew a 15-yard penalty and moved the Bengals to the Baltimore 26-yard line. After the call, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh was irate on the sideline, screaming into the ear of the referee.

-Ravens | R. Lewis not endorsing Billick
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 07:18:20 -0700

Jamison Hensley, of the Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens LB Ray Lewis declined to give Ravens head coach Brian Billick a vote of confidence during a television interview Wednesday, April 20. In an interview with Comcast SportsNet, Lewis was asked if keeping Billick was a move in the right direction for the Ravens. Lewis paused before responding with "no comment." In another interview with ESPN, Lewis criticized the team for not providing him with two big defensive tackles that could shield him from blockers. Lewis also told ESPN that he has never asked for a trade from team. "The issue is: Are you going to let me do what I do?" Lewis said after mentioning he sees other linebackers having the opportunity to run free to make the tackle. "And if not, let me go."

-Ray Lewis rants about replacements, again
Posted by Mike Florio on September 24, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
New England Patriots v Baltimore Ravens Getty Images

Well, at least he’s consistent.

Last week, after a one-point loss to the Eagles, Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis railed on the replacement referees.

This week, after a one-point win over the Patriots, Lewis was at it again.

-In the post-game interviews, Flacco answered an NBC reporter’s questions with the typical answers you usually hear from a pro athlete regarding the team’s chemistry and “taking one game at a time.”

Then, Ray Lewis steps in for his own post-game chat, talking about his advice to Smith and what he said to keep his head in the game.

"You know, position yourself, so when God gets ready to pour out his blessings, that you are in position to receive those blessings." Lewis basically just said here that Torrey Smith literally “received” God’s blessings in the form of a touchdown pass. At this point I groaned and rolled my eyes and said, “Well if God’s your quarterback how can you not win?”

-Ray Lewis calls out Brady Quinn for "cheap shot"
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 17, 2009, 8:11 AM EST

Though Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who complained loudly last month regarding the protection of quarterbacks, apparently had nothing to say after Monday night’s game regarding the 15-yard penalty imposed on the Browns via a low hit to Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco, Lewis had plenty to say with respect to Cleveland quarterback Brady Quinn’s decision to dive at the knees of Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs during the return of an interception.

-Lewis charged with murder

He is in No position to attack others, for a penalty

"Despite his accomplishments on the field, Lewis' public image was tarnished following a Super Bowl XXXIV party in Atlanta on January 31, 2000. Following the party, a fight broke out between him and rapper Chino Nino's entourage, in which Jacinth Baker, 21, and Richard Lollar, 24, died from stab wounds. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were brought to an Atlanta police station for questioning. Eleven days later, along with Oakley and Sweeting, Lewis was indicted for murder and aggravated assault."

He got out of it, by pleading to "obstruction of justice", and paying off the families of the victims

"On April 29, 2004, Lewis reached a settlement with four-year-old India Lollar, born months after the death of her father Richard, preempting a scheduled civil proceeding. [20] Lewis also reached an undisclosed settlement with Baker's family"

edit

1st, all I was doing was correcting those that said he was never charged with murder,
There was evidence against, just not enough, after the key witnesses "ALTERED" their stories

"During the trial, several witnesses whose testimony would supposedly prove Lewis’ guilt had altered their stories initially given to investigators"

The fact that he paid off both families, makes him look very guilty to me.
The police DID have witnesses,
they "ALTERED" their statements, when they got to court, and the police believe he was "witness tampering"

-Ray Lewis thinks Tom Brady injuries are a "set-up"
Posted by Mike Florio on January 6, 2010, 3:43 PM EST

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will play against the Baltimore Ravens this weekend with injuries to his ribs and finger.

Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis doesn’t feel much sympathy.

Lewis said on a call with reporters today that he thinks all the talk of Brady’s injuries is just setting Brady up to have a heroic performance in which he’ll be praised for playing at less than 100 percent. And Lewis would prefer not to hear anything about Brady’s heroism.

-Ray Lewis Wants A New Deal
jimrome.com ^ | 14 June 2005 | Jim Rome

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 2:58:00 PM by sean327

Speculation is Baltimore Ravens Linebacker Ray Lewis may want a new contract and that he could be looking for a $50 million dollar signing bonus.

- According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, it appears that Ray Lewis will be fined for his comments following his team’s 27-21 loss to the Patriots.

No word yet on the amount – but it’s also worth noting that Lewis dove at a sliding Tom Brady during yesterday’s game. Not exactly a smart move by a guy who is supposed to be an intelligent veteran.

-PFT: Ray Lewis Takes Shot at Billick

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Maybe the statute of limitations on the memory of Ray Lewis is six years. Because Lewis apparently is forgetting about how his head coach, Brian Billick, stood up and defended Lewis for the conduct that resulted in murder charges being filed against him, followed by an eventual guilty plea to obstruction of justice.

On Monday, Lewis showed his gratitude for Billick's past support by shoving a verbal knife into his stomach.

"It was as frustrating for you as it was for me," Lewis said during a weekly radio show in Baltimore, in response to comments from a caller who was complaining about the play-calling in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Bills. The caller specifically was griping about the decision of Billick, who calls the offensive plays, to call three straight passes after facing second down and one from the Buffalo 49 with less than two minutes to play.

"As far as those decisions, you have to let [running back] Willis McGahee touch the ball on one of those plays," Lewis said.

"We knew he should have touched the ball when you have a fourth-and-one," Lewis said. "Old-school football is old-school football. If there is a yard I need to get, there is a running back, a fullback and an offense that is meant to get that.

"You can't make oranges be peaches. It doesn't change. It will never change. That's what Billick has to ask himself, why we keep putting ourselves in those situations. In the Cincinnati game, that cost us with those same decisions."

took about 5 minutes to collect these articles lauding the preacher for some of his most Christian deeds

Cmon, he was part of a stabbing....A STABBING!!!!

Maybe it was the refs fault that little girl's dad got stabbed to death.
Just ask Ray....he'll tell ya

I will have to give you props for the research and making your point. :hatsoff:

I should have said since 2006 but that would still have included some of your information.

I am still not sure this isn't tainted by team bias or religious bias but I accept your point.