PDA

View Full Version : Ed Reed suspended

SteelCurtain5643
11-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Suspended 1 game for the hit to Sanders last night. Good. Fuck this scrub piece of trash. Bout time someone not in a Steelers uniform gets suspended.

Millers the sh!t
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah I heard. When was his last violation? Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Suspended 1 game for the hit to Sanders last night. Good. Fuck this scrub piece of trash. Bout time someone not in a Steelers uniform gets suspended.

Hahahahaha, Ed Reed is a scrub, that's rich.

stb_steeler
11-19-2012, 05:04 PM
WAIT FOR IT......And were off!!!!!

SteelCurtain5643
11-19-2012, 05:31 PM

He is, as are the rest of the ravens, all dirty pieces of trash

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
He is, as are the rest of the ravens, all dirty pieces of trash

Sorry I can't argue with you, your logic is just, too, strong. I'm dazzled by your intellect and football knowledge. I concede. Bravo. :applaudit:

SteelCurtain5643
11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Sorry I can't argue with you, your logic is just, too, strong. I'm dazzled by your intellect and football knowledge. I concede. Bravo. :applaudit:

Just like you. You're team is a bunch of scrub ghetto trash, except for like the two white guys(Flacco and Pitta). You're just in denial. Not surprised people like you are the fanbase for an organization like that.

TRH
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Let me go on the record as first saying that i don't think Reed should be suspended. Way too harsh. We've talked countless times about these plays being "bang-bang", receivers turning their heads at the last minute, etc, etc, etc.

That said - i just watched the "roundtable" on ESPN where they all sided with poor Ed Reed and what a great guy he is, and how he didn't do it on purpose, how the league is out of line, and on and on.
Back up to last year...and the same roundtables were saying that James Harrison really needed to be made an example of, how he's had a history of this (just like Reed does by the way..), and that Harrison is 'borderline' diry.....

Now that p***es me off. I think that neither Reed OR Harrison play dirty. I think thats the way they both play...play hard, play fast...receivers will turn heads, etc.
To sit there and listen to Reed being defended for the exact same thing - while i had to listen to James get chastised by these same crews really makes me angry.

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Just like you. You're team is a bunch of scrub ghetto trash, except for like the two white guys(Flacco and Pitta). You're just in denial. Not surprised people like you are the fanbase for an organization like that.

:chuckle: Keep digging you're almost to China. :rofl:

P.S. You forgot Kruger and Birk. They're white, they must be pretty cool too!

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Let me go on the record as first saying that i don't think Reed should be suspended. Way too harsh. We've talked countless times about these plays being "bang-bang", receivers turning their heads at the last minute, etc, etc, etc.

That said - i just watched the "roundtable" on ESPN where they all sided with poor Ed Reed and what a great guy he is, and how he didn't do it on purpose, how the league is out of line, and on and on.
Back up to last year...and the same roundtables were saying that James Harrison really needed to be made an example of, how he's had a history of this (just like Reed does by the way..), and that Harrison is 'borderline' diry.....

Now that p***es me off. I think that neither Reed OR Harrison play dirty. I think thats the way they both play...play hard, play fast...receivers will turn heads, etc.
To sit there and listen to Reed being defended for the exact same thing - while i had to listen to James get chastised by these same crews really makes me angry.

Agreed. Let the damn players play.

fansince'76
11-19-2012, 05:50 PM
This is just as much bullshit as Harrison's suspension was last year. F*ck Goodell.

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2012, 06:03 PM

Ed Reed will never get a ring - that's truth

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2012, 06:07 PM
This is just as much bullshit as Harrison's suspension was last year. F*ck Goodell.

:iagree:

If the message here is supposed to be "safety first" maybe Goodell should suspend Tomlin for knowingly keeping Leftwich in the game and exposing him to greater injury after he was clearly banged up on the third play of the game:noidea:

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Ed Reed will never get a ring - that's truth

Possible, which makes him as bad as Dan Marino. Ed is a first ballot hall of famer, also truth.

SteelCurtain5643
11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Possible, which makes him as bad as Dan Marino. Ed is a first ballot hall of famer, also truth.

Only because he has the most interceptions, thats pretty much the only reason why. I hate this clown and that horse toothed ************ Suggs too. I think the Ratbirds have some of the ugliest players in the league.

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2012, 06:23 PM

Not possible - pretty close to a lock

BleedPurple
11-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Not possible - pretty close to a lock

Ditto.

PhantomJB93
11-20-2012, 01:21 AM
The national media's reaction to this is really pissing me off. No, I don't agree it should have been a suspension, but everyone on ESPN is absolutely crying over him and talking about how much of a saint Reed is and how BS the suspension is. Guarantee if this were a Steeler you wouldn't hear a peep of disapproval for the punishment.

Ricco Suavez
11-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Ray Lewis has gotten by with more illegal hits than anyone on the Ravens, but he is the poster child of proper tackling. BTW I do not agree with the suspension either.

silver & black
11-20-2012, 07:45 AM
All under the guise of safety. Reed was suspended for playing football, plain and simple. He led with his shoulder and helmets met...... football.

Fuck Goodell and the league for allowing this. We all know it has nothing to do with player $afety

SteelCityMom
11-20-2012, 08:06 AM
The national media's reaction to this is really pissing me off. No, I don't agree it should have been a suspension, but everyone on ESPN is absolutely crying over him and talking about how much of a saint Reed is and how BS the suspension is. Guarantee if this were a Steeler you wouldn't hear a peep of disapproval for the punishment.

This. Overall, I'm not in favor of the suspension either, but I'm also not in favor of the selective nut hugging from the media and fans.

Steelers fans, probably more than most other teams fans, get it...he shouldn't have been suspended. A lot of guys shouldn't have been suspended. We just don't feel sorry for him or the fans, at all. When these suspensions started being handed out more and more, so much of the media and other teams fans jumped on the "Steelerz r diiirrrttyy" bandwagon. So yeah, a lot of us are going to have a bit of trouble feeling sorry for him.

silver & black
11-20-2012, 09:11 AM
This. Overall, I'm not in favor of the suspension either, but I'm also not in favor of the selective nut hugging from the media and fans.

Steelers fans, probably more than most other teams fans, get it...he shouldn't have been suspended. A lot of guys shouldn't have been suspended. We just don't feel sorry for him or the fans, at all. When these suspensions started being handed out more and more, so much of the media and other teams fans jumped on the "Steelerz r diiirrrttyy" bandwagon. So yeah, a lot of us are going to have a bit of trouble feeling sorry for him.

I don't feel sorry for him or Ravens fans. I definitely understand how Steelers fans feel. I've heard the "dirty" team stuff for 4 decades, being a Raiders fan:wink02:.

I just hate what the league is doing under the guise of "safety".

Nevermore
11-20-2012, 02:09 PM
The issue with the media is the fact that Harrison was the victim on the Steelers team and Reed on the Ravens. Regardless of their hits, and the reason for suspension, Harrison did absolutely nothing before, during, or after to help his cause. Releasing sound bites saying he hits to hurt, is ready to quit if he can't hit like he wants, shows disrespect to Goodell, etc. It put him in the villian category before he even got suspended. Plus the hits he put on guys were much more visually vicious than the hits Reed has dealt. Not saying one is worse than the other, but the McCoy hit and the hit on Sunday night are not even in the same zip code. McCoy's was a snot bubbling shot while last night was a "oh yeah, he got him in the head. That's gonna be 15".

Ed Reed is a pretty quiet player and doesn't try to play up his "I'm gonna hit you so hard you're gonna forget your name image". That is why he is a more sympathetic figure in this story. Regardless, I think it is BS to be able to suspend a guy for 3 hits in 3 years. Seems like the long arm of the law is reaching pretty far, and if we start keeping that kind of score, there are going to be a lot of defensive players in jeans and a sweatshirt instead of pads on Sundays.

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 02:47 PM
The issue with the media is the fact that Harrison was the victim on the Steelers team and Reed on the Ravens. Regardless of their hits, and the reason for suspension, Harrison did absolutely nothing before, during, or after to help his cause. Releasing sound bites saying he hits to hurt, is ready to quit if he can't hit like he wants, shows disrespect to Goodell, etc. It put him in the villian category before he even got suspended. Plus the hits he put on guys were much more visually vicious than the hits Reed has dealt. Not saying one is worse than the other, but the McCoy hit and the hit on Sunday night are not even in the same zip code. McCoy's was a snot bubbling shot while last night was a "oh yeah, he got him in the head. That's gonna be 15".

Ed Reed is a pretty quiet player and doesn't try to play up his "I'm gonna hit you so hard you're gonna forget your name image". That is why he is a more sympathetic figure in this story. Regardless, I think it is BS to be able to suspend a guy for 3 hits in 3 years. Seems like the long arm of the law is reaching pretty far, and if we start keeping that kind of score, there are going to be a lot of defensive players in jeans and a sweatshirt instead of pads on Sundays.

Have to disagree here, Ed has been pretty vocal about his opinion of Goodell and his hypocritical policies, saying that reaching into players pockets is not the right way to achieve player safety.

Also, Ed in general has a hard time keeping his mouth shut, especially when asked a direct question.

PhantomJB93
11-20-2012, 03:10 PM
LOL they took his suspension away, now all the ESPN guys are praising the NFL and defending Reed with the same excuses they condemn Harrison and Clark for using whenever they have a questionable hit.