PDA

View Full Version : You hear this, Ray Rice?

Terminator
11-19-2012, 09:33 PM
https://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodley/posts/10102095168492363

LaMarr Woodley: "If you're not a Steelers fan, don't put your hands on a Terrible Towel"

Someone is getting lit up in 2 weeks! :tt04::tt03:

Stu Pidasso
11-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Link to the offense?

Terminator
11-19-2012, 10:13 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1119-Ray-Rice-Terrible-Towel-Worth-1000-Words/021122c8-8a67-4a73-a7cb-8e216f298d71

austinfrench76
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
This ALL seems very cocky for a team that hasn't won a SB in a decade and were shut down almost completely by our D. Where's the cockiness coming from?? They didn't look good at all. I guess we'll see in 2 weeks...

teegre
11-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Two words: LenDale White.

Fire Arians
11-19-2012, 10:45 PM
he has the right to be proud. i mean hey, who else can say they won the super bowl 3 times in a year?

SoCalFan
11-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Secretly wants to be a Steeler? What a punk, they all are especially suggs! Just like Ward calling out harbaugh for being "cocky", shit rolls downhill...I expect to see som scrappy play next week. The league will be watching this one closely, hoping to land some $$$FINES$$$

Lokki
11-19-2012, 10:51 PM
He worked up quite a sweat running for all 40 of his yards, on 20 carries. Byron "The Statue" Leftwich got 31 on 1 run.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Two words: LenDale White.

Dont forget about T.J. Houshmandzadeh...

Lady Steel
11-19-2012, 11:47 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1119-Ray-Rice-Terrible-Towel-Worth-1000-Words/021122c8-8a67-4a73-a7cb-8e216f298d71

That's just wrong. :mad:

Just like Ward calling out harbaugh for being "cocky"

John Harbaugh is very good looking. Too bad he's such a douchenozzle.

tanda10506
11-20-2012, 12:11 AM
This ALL seems very cocky for a team that hasn't won a SB in a decade and were shut down almost completely by our D. Where's the cockiness coming from?? They didn't look good at all. I guess we'll see in 2 weeks...

Undisciplined teams don't win championships, and that's what the Ravens are. They are disciplined in the way that they don't commit penalties, the defense holds containment, etc. but they are undisciplined in the big picture. They seem to set all these other goals instead of having the goal of winning the SB. The Steelers defense owned the Ravens offense last night. I'm not going to even make the injury excuse, because it's not even necessary here, the bottom line is even though we lost Rice and his offense have absolutely nothing to be proud of. Only scoring six points all game when given a short field on multiple occasions is something that should make him reach for a paper bag not a towel. Congratulations Ray Rice, you and Flacco were outscored by a 3rd string injured backup QB but got a ST play and squeaked by, now go take your Gatorade baths and prepare for your next SB in two weeks.

IowaSteeler927
11-20-2012, 03:24 AM
“Renegade? Perfect,” Fox wrote. “What the Ravens did to the Steelers on Sunday … was part vengeance, part message: We're not going anywhere. You're getting older. Now is our time."

Read that in that article. Are you kidding me? Getting held to 6 points offensively, rushing for 40yds on 20 carries, and throwing for a buck fifty passing is establishing dominance and showing us it's your time? Ravens fans are delusional, completely and utterly delusional.

pete74
11-20-2012, 04:16 AM
“Renegade? Perfect,” Fox wrote. “What the Ravens did to the Steelers on Sunday … was part vengeance, part message: We're not going anywhere. You're getting older. Now is our time."

Read that in that article. Are you kidding me? Getting held to 6 points offensively, rushing for 40yds on 20 carries, and throwing for a buck fifty passing is establishing dominance and showing us it's your time? Ravens fans are delusional, completely and utterly delusional.

although i really hate the ravens i cant agree with you. it dosnt matter how you win as long as you win. the steelers have won alot of games and even a super bowl with horrible stats. all that matters is the score board at the end of the game

IowaSteeler927
11-20-2012, 05:01 AM
although i really hate the ravens i cant agree with you. it dosnt matter how you win as long as you win. the steelers have won alot of games and even a super bowl with horrible stats. all that matters is the score board at the end of the game

Oh I'm not trying to take away from their win. I just hate that they think that by winning a game the way they won that they've established some kind of ridiculous dominance over us. They got lucky on that punt return that they weren't called for a block in the back as it ended up being the splash play that won them the game in my opinion. They act as if they came in and romped us in our house 50-0.

Then we have that classless turd Ray Rice using a Terrible Towel to wipe his sweaty little head. He's no better than Lendale White. I hope our players take that to heart when we see them next week.

Rick5895
11-20-2012, 05:43 AM
three things occur to me.
1. Houshmanzadeh wiping his feet with the towel, we then beat them in the playoffs and Carson has his knee torn up.
2. White stomping the towel after a loss to the Titans, they have been bad ever since, in fact lost in the playoffs that year despite being #1 seed
3. Prior to the 2010 AFC title game, 2 Jets fans decided to post video of them burning a terrible towel look what happened in that game. They have been a bad circus every since.

The curse will live on, looks like the Ratbirds are next in line for the curse!!
LOL

steelerschik
11-20-2012, 06:00 AM

As are the talking heads of course. Last night when my husband and son were watching that debacle MNF game, did anyone listen to Chris Berman talk about the good defenses in the NFL? Yeah, he added the Ravens holding the Steelers to 10 points...no mention of the Steelers whatsoever. Wait, the Steelers D held the Ravens to 6 points, and the Ravens are the better D holding the Steelers WITH BYRON FREAKIN LEFTWICH to 10???? WTF am I missing? And Harbitch with his "the tougher team won" is such an egotistical ass that I just want nothing but complete and utter failure for him, but since he gets that every single year with never getting to the SB I guess I'm getting my wish there.

Every year the Ravens are overrated, but this year they're probably more overrated than ever. Bunch of thug wannabes and coached to be that way.

Ricco Suavez
11-20-2012, 06:29 AM
I firmly believe without all the injuries to so many key players on the Steelers i.e. Brown, Ben, and Troy we win this game against the Ravens. Yea I know they were missing an over the hill Ray Lewis and a quality member of the secondary in Webb, but that pales in comparison to your franchise QB being out.. With that being said, they got the job done we did not. At the end of the season when the records are compared this game will count as a loss and could very well decide our playoff fate. I hate the Ravens, but teams do win ugly, hell, we have made a living out of winning ugly for years. We play down to teams like KC, we get up for most big games and rarely ever get blown out and even more rarely do we blow anyone out. Let the Ravens have their mid season Superbowl, we need to find a way to eke out enough wins to make the playoffs and try to get healthy, then see how we fair against this so-called tougher team.

defence
11-20-2012, 07:13 AM
I firmly believe without all the injuries to so many key players on the Steelers i.e. Brown, Ben, and Troy we win this game against the Ravens. Yea I know they were missing an over the hill Ray Lewis and a quality member of the secondary in Webb, but that pales in comparison to your franchise QB being out.. With that being said, they got the job done we did not. At the end of the season when the records are compared this game will count as a loss and could very well decide our playoff fate. I hate the Ravens, but teams do win ugly, hell, we have made a living out of winning ugly for years. We play down to teams like KC, we get up for most big games and rarely ever get blown out and even more rarely do we blow anyone out. Let the Ravens have their mid season Superbowl, we need to find a way to eke out enough wins to make the playoffs and try to get healthy, then see how we fair against this so-called tougher team.

I got to agree with you here. Let them have there time in the sun. Anyone who watched that game can see; these guys aren't that good. You can say the same for us. But what saddens me the most is the inability of the coaches to see that Leftwich couldn't throw the ball. Honestly; anyone else in there; we win this game. We need to find ways to win games without Ben. Let's hope he is back soon for the rematch!!

TRH
11-20-2012, 07:16 AM
lot of 'smack talking around here when we LOST to them (AGain...............) . I can't agree with alot of what i'm hearing. No one here has a right to say much of anything.

steelfury02
11-20-2012, 07:40 AM
lot of 'smack talking around here when we LOST to them (AGain...............) . I can't agree with alot of what i'm hearing. No one here has a right to say much of anything.

I think it isn't so much the loss - it is the bluster of this Ravens team, and yes, they've beaten our guys 3 times in a row - things will have gone their way 2 seasons in a row.

I think the bigger picture is - why the hell can't this team stay healthy? When was the last time we were at or near full strength for a HUGE game? It has been a while. I'm getting frustrated after seeing injuries mount time and time again over the past two seasons.

Terminator
11-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Woodley's comment today:

http://i.imgur.com/aFtXo.png

STEELAMANIA
11-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Everyone needs to quit crying about Leftwich. Even I apparently forgot how fragile he is now...knowing he breaks a bone in his body just by falling down......after his td he broke something and couldnt throw right.

Terrell Thugs and Ray "Lendale White" Rice, just put the terrible towel curse on their team and will not be the same ever again.

steelfury02
11-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Stay on the roads boys. Keep clear of the towels . . .
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4707/amerianwerewolfinlondonbc6.png

Fire Arians
11-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Everyone needs to quit crying about Leftwich. Even I apparently forgot how fragile he is now...knowing he breaks a bone in his body just by falling down......after his td he broke something and couldnt throw right.

Terrell Thugs and Ray "Lendale White" Rice, just put the terrible towel curse on their team and will not be the same ever again.

I don't get how people say leftwich is more durable than batch, he's had an injury bugged career, just like charlie

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2012, 11:15 AM
the Ravens have NEVER beaten the Steelers in the Playoffs or in an elimination game of any kind.

The city of Baltimore has NEVER beaten the Steelers in a Playoff game, not the Colts, not the Ravens.

The Old Ravens, AKA the first incarnation of the Cleveland Browns has NEVER beaten the Steelers in a Playoff game.

Some one wake me up and maybe I'll actually care when that actually happens.

Terminator
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
the Ravens have NEVER beaten the Steelers in the Playoffs or in an elimination game of any kind.

The city of Baltimore has NEVER beaten the Steelers in a Playoff game, not the Colts, not the Ravens.

The Old Ravens, AKA the first incarnation of the Cleveland Browns has NEVER beaten the Steelers in a Playoff game.

And this right here, is all that ever needs to be said to a Ravens fan.

Conversation over.

Jazzo
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Rice just cursed his ratbird organization! The ratbirds might as well forget about their season....

stb_steeler
11-20-2012, 12:41 PM

Where do they come up with this aging thing?

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 01:17 PM

lol your pillar of dominance is shrinking fast. When I first started browsing this forum the claim was "Joe has never beaten the Steelers", then it was "Ravens have never beaten the steelers with Big ben", then it was "Ravens have never beaten the steelers with big ben at heinz field", then it was "We don't even care, you won't win the division anyway", then it was "who cares about regular season, poozztt seeezun six rings".

I am perfectly happy chipping away at any semblance of superiority you are desperately clinging to. When we beat you in the post season, I am sure you will start complaining we will never beat you in the superbowl! lol.

I am waiting for "yea, you may have beaten us 26 times in a row, but you have not beaten us, um, in a hailstorm, on a wednesday, in the playoffs, at heinz field, with big ben, during a solar eclipse, in the divisional round. . . scrubs"

IF you make the playoffs, and IF you get deep enough to play us, we will be happy to send you packing this year and take one more chip off.

Terminator
11-20-2012, 01:31 PM
lol your pillar of dominance is shrinking fast. When I first started browsing this forum the claim was "Joe has never beaten the Steelers", then it was "Ravens have never beaten the steelers with Big ben", then it was "Ravens have never beaten the steelers with big ben at heinz field", then it was "We don't even care, you won't win the division anyway", then it was "who cares about regular season, poozztt seeezun six rings".

I am perfectly happy chipping away at any semblance of superiority you are desperately clinging to. When we beat you in the post season, I am sure you will start complaining we will never beat you in the superbowl! lol.

I am waiting for "yea, you may have beaten us 26 times in a row, but you have not beaten us, um, in a hailstorm, on a wednesday, in the playoffs, at heinz field, with big ben, during a solar eclipse, in the divisional round. . . scrubs"

IF you make the playoffs, and IF you get deep enough to play us, we will be happy to send you packing this year and take one more chip off.

I believe he was pointing out the fact that the Ravens have not once defeated the Steelers in a game where it mattered. The playoffs.

Regular season wins/losses mean dick. It's evident though that Ravens fans don't feel that way. Most of you act like a regular season victory over Pittsburgh is some kind of championship win. How about another Gatorade bath? The rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

Steelers are 6-0 against the Ravens in the playoffs, and 3 of those wins resulted in a Super Bowl appearance. Ravens are incapable of making the big game again. That is why when they make the playoffs, once again, the rest of the world doesn't give a shit. When Denver or Houston see "Baltimore Ravens" on their schedule in the post-season, all the players are going to laugh.

BleedPurple
11-20-2012, 01:39 PM
I believe he was pointing out the fact that the Ravens have not once defeated the Steelers in a game where it mattered. The playoffs.

Regular season wins/losses mean dick. It's evident though that Ravens fans don't feel that way. Most of you act like a regular season victory over Pittsburgh is some kind of championship win. How about another Gatorade bath? The rest of the world doesn't give a shit.

Steelers are 6-0 against the Ravens in the playoffs, and 3 of those wins resulted in a Super Bowl appearance. Ravens are incapable of making the big game again. That is why when they make the playoffs, once again, the rest of the world doesn't give a shit. When Denver or Houston see "Baltimore Ravens" on their schedule in the post-season, all the players are going to laugh.

And I believe I am saying that every time we beat you, you are redefining what matters in order to maintain the delusion that your team is better.

CTSxViper
11-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Rice just cursed his ratbird organization! The ratbirds might as well forget about their season....

We'll see about that in (2) weeks.. You need to worry about Cleveland first. :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
11-20-2012, 04:56 PM

Oh please...Ray Ray is on his way out, he's done, you have one good receiver, your oline is weak sauce, your Running back is the only stud on your team, your QB is pedestrian at best and your secondary is basic without Reed back there being the man. The Steelers aren't going anywhere.

Basic Fact

AFC North Winners, last 10 years:

Ravens - 2011
Steelers -2010
Cincy - 2009
Steelers - 2008
Steelers - 2007
Ravens - 2006
Cincy -2005
Steelers - 2004
Ravens - 2003
Steelers 2002

So that's 10 years. Steelers won it 5 times, Ravens 3, Bengals 2. Congrats, you're one season better than the Bengals. Good job. Congrats on that. I'd go further back, but that would mean I'd have to include the Browns, which means I'd have to go all the way back to 1989, the last time the Browns won it.

The Steelers, historically, own the AFC North/Central. Sure once in a while, the Ravens or Bengals piggy back which year they will take a shot at it, but we always get it back.

ChristianKustomz
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
I just got done reading and watching the videos posting in the beginning of this post and all I have to say is this...disgraceful!

I never liked the Ravens or their fans but this just confirms the truth we already knew about them...pure trash. Yes they have some talent but they have no class! They got lucky...let's face it. They only times they have beaten us is when our key players are out on injury.

We have had a tough schedule this year and we are only 2 games under Baltimore. That's not bad at all considering it's been our second and third strings in. Steelers have been getting better and better. The season is not over yet and we are still in it. We can still close the gap and go the the SB but we need to buckle down.

We held the Ravens at bay but lost with penalties (thanks for nothing Wallace!) and a turn over. But our defense made lunch meat out of the Ravens offense. So let's be real. We are still a strong team and can still pull it off if they play smart football.

Put glue on Wallace's hands and we can actually complete plays.

For now look at the big picture...Ravens barely held on to our 2nd and 3rd strings. Imagine once we get our key players back...soooooo long Baltimore....hellooooooo SuperBowl!

To Ray Rice, Ed Reed and T.Suggs...you disgust me and I hope Pittsburgh crushes you just to shut you up you no class gutter rats!

4G63
11-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Looks line Lamar has a little egg on his face. Ray Rice is the definition of a classy player and this just reaffirms it. What say you Steeler fans? Wanna take any of these comments back?

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Explains-Terrible-Towel-Photo/f744bdc8-2e5b-427a-aaef-094b8168f6b8

i82much
11-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey take a step back for a second. Some of you guys ought to know that Ray Rice is generally regarded as a pretty good guy, does the charity thing, doesn't get in trouble, all that stuff. A genuine nice guy. Now, you're a young guy, in the NFL, you're in a big rivalry game. You've got enough years under your belt and have seen enough people come and go to know you better enjoy it while you can. Now you win a tough, tough football game on the road, an opposing fan wants to trade souvenirs with you. You figure hey, this guy will probably get a kick out of it and not only that but I get something to remember playing here as well - kind of a cool moment, no?

You walk back to the locker room, wrap the towel around your neck, go about your business, whatever. A reporter takes the shot and publishes it.

You really think Ray Rice is just a total disrespectful jerk? No part of you as a rational human being can just say, yeah - I get it. This is not a guy who is going to stomp on it or burn it or do anything intentionally disrespectful. All this is about is a young player taking things in and appreciating what he is part of.

IMHO some people just want to get riled up anyway so they go find something.

Bayz101
11-21-2012, 07:45 PM
You don't mess with the towel, but with that being said, Rice explained why he did it today in a classy manner. I believe and respect that.

Terminator
11-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Looks line Lamar has a little egg on his face. Ray Rice is the definition of a classy player and this just reaffirms it. What say you Steeler fans? Wanna take any of these comments back?

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Explains-Terrible-Towel-Photo/f744bdc8-2e5b-427a-aaef-094b8168f6b8

Sure, I'll take back anything negative I said about him. That's pretty cool, actually.

But I still agree that posting the picture on the official Ravens twitter account with a misleading title was a dick move, and shouldn't have been done, especially if the picture was out of context.

SoCalFan
11-21-2012, 07:59 PM
You don't mess with the towel, but with that being said, Rice explained why he did it today in a classy manner. I believe and respect that.

He still knew what he was doing putting it on his head, mobbing out of the stadium! We own you kinda thing!

i82much
11-21-2012, 08:04 PM
He still knew what he was doing putting it on his head, mobbing out of the stadium! We own you kinda thing!

Come on man. Dude put a towel on his head after a football game.

Deserei90
11-21-2012, 08:33 PM
He apologized after LaMarr Woodley set him straight via Twitter:chuckle:

Fire Arians
11-21-2012, 08:49 PM
damn, does this mean they won't get the terrible towel curse now? :chuckle:

BlaZeQuietly
11-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Good thing he apologized. That was disrespectful.

SteelCityMom
11-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Come on man. Dude put a towel on his head after a football game.

sglyFwTjfDU

i82much
11-21-2012, 09:19 PM
sglyFwTjfDU

Oh, now THAT is funny! :sofunny:

figg
11-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I was watching inside the NFL and they showed harbough in the locker room after the game saying the ravens were the better team more resilient and some other crap I'd show the Steelers players before the next game.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Go-Inside-The-Locker-room-After-Win-vs-Steelers/f6054a68-43f9-4593-9315-b3f18d129c6f

Fire Arians
11-21-2012, 10:08 PM
sglyFwTjfDU

maybe ray rice's response was something like this :chuckle:

jYFefppqEtE

Terminator
11-21-2012, 10:49 PM
I was watching inside the NFL and they showed harbough in the locker room after the game saying the ravens were the better team more resilient and some other crap I'd show the Steelers players before the next game.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Go-Inside-The-Locker-room-After-Win-vs-Steelers/f6054a68-43f9-4593-9315-b3f18d129c6f

John Harbaugh and his brother are both a bag of dicks. I would like nothing more than to punch the stupid ass smirk right off his face.

Win a SuperBowl. Wait scratch that. MAKE IT to a SuperBowl, then come and run your mouth.

stb_steeler
11-21-2012, 11:07 PM
John Harbaugh and his brother are both a bag of dicks. I would like nothing more than to punch the stupid ass smirk right off his face.

Win a SuperBowl. Wait scratch that. MAKE IT to a SuperBowl, then come and run your mouth.

Not goin anywhere for awhile

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb151/cheerbebe63639/snickers.jpg

Steeldude
11-22-2012, 12:17 AM
https://www.facebook.com/LaMarrWoodley/posts/10102095168492363

LaMarr Woodley: "If you're not a Steelers fan, don't put your hands on a Terrible Towel"

Someone is getting lit up in 2 weeks! :tt04::tt03:

Who is going to do the lighting up? I doubt Woodley will do much of anything.

Fire Arians
11-22-2012, 12:45 AM
Who is going to do the lighting up? I doubt Woodley will do much of anything.

he might tell timmons to stomp on his shoulder like he did to ricky williams :chuckle:

ChristianKustomz
11-22-2012, 02:16 PM
I second that but I say make it Suh from Detroit Lions. He'll kick, stomp, face mask, shoulder drop, punch, kick (now you can add kick to the nuts (kicked Matt Schaub in the man berries) to the list) and collar take down anyone. Hee hee hee.

I still don't agree with the way they are acting. All I say is I hope we stomp the day lights out of them next game just to set the record straight that we are still a #1 team. I want to send a message to those ridiculous Ravens fans that we won't go silently into the night!

I hope we crush them in points! 53-0! Let's get em!

Terminator
12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/74277_2561058603458_2105948210_n.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
12-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Yep

ChristianKustomz
12-03-2012, 07:56 AM
How do those apples taste now Rice and Reed and Suggs?

Make no mistake...the Steelers have had a rough start but not once have they ever rolled over and said "that's it-no need to fight anymore". They have shown perseverance and proved to the world they will not go quietly into the night and without a fight. That's what championship teams do. That's why we have 6 rings and the egotistical Ravens haven't won in over a decade.

Ravens fans should not be proud of their team. They did not earn all their wins. Many of them were won because of fumbles and interceptions. look at Flaccos stats and Rices stats. They are no where close to impressive. To dominate you have to have numbers and Ravens ain't got em. Flacco throws deep for one reason only...he hopes for a pass interference call. That way it gets them down the field because he knows what we all know...they don't have the talent to get it down the field offensively.

The RATBIRDS had to eat a whole lot of crow this week. They just got shown they are NOT an elite team. They got beat by a team with mostly second and third strings and a 3rd string QB. Elite? I think not.

Ray Rice...your a disgrace! I am glad we beat you and held you with "minimal" yards. You were shut down Mr. think your the best runner in the NFL. You most certainly are not. You have never had a good run against the Steelers and never will.

steelfury02
12-03-2012, 09:40 AM
first I heard they aren't as good on the road but still win, then I heard they are much better at home, and "you'll see, you'll get blown out" - what other part of this eye test do I need to take before I'm supposed to be convinced that they are a better team?

I wouldn't bother with the Ravens fans anymore - even when we beat them in the playoffs again, it'll ultimately be because they lost, not that we will deserve any credit

Hell - they might break out into an orgy if they lose at the rate they pat themselves on the back, in spite of an embarrassing loss