BlaZeQuietly
11-20-2012, 04:27 PM
We are officially freaking out now.
First Troy was gone.....
then Brown goes down
Then Ben
then Leftwich....
Cotchery bites the dust

We have reached the point of running out of players and now were freaking out signing old violent felons and undrafted free agents from 3 years ago.

Its like Tomlin grabbing the controls of the plane as its crashing and hoping Ben comes back before it crashes. (cause only Ben knows how to fly a plane) I would like to see some sort of satire cartoon modeled after that.

SteelersCanada
11-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Woo! More Tomlin hate!

Plax looks fine. What kind of quarterback were you expecting to be grabbed at week 12? Plus, we have salary cap issues and they both fit the bill of a short term band-aid to a problem until our regular guys get back.

It looks like you're freaking out, actually.

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2012, 04:53 PM
First Troy was gone.....
then Brown goes down
Then Ben
then Leftwich....
Cotchery bites the dust

We have reached the point of running out of players and now were freaking out signing old violent felons and undrafted free agents from 3 years ago.

Its like Tomlin grabbing the controls of the plane as its crashing and hoping Ben comes back before it crashes. (cause only Ben knows how to fly a plane) I would like to see some sort of satire cartoon modeled after that.

Since anyone could hav seen this coming, Tomlin should have:

Released Troy during the offseason
Signed Wallace and traded Brown for draft picks
Told Ben not to get sacked
Told Leftwich to run out of bounds as an alternative to falling down
Told Haley to not run plays where Cotchery might get tackled

IMO the only real screw-up Tomlin has made is his refusal to only use Charlie Batch as a last alternative

PettySteel
11-20-2012, 05:04 PM
No reason to freak out, there are only 5 teams ahead of us in the AFC with Cincy getting hot. Ben will be back by Dec and we just need to keep plugging away. For godsake Steelers almost beat the Ravens with Lefty at QB!!! Only thing that IMO Tomlin should of done, was to let Lefty and Batch go at the end of last season. With a new OC coming in they should of went after 2 guys that knew haley's system.. St Pierre played under him in AZ and Leinart was let go by Houston last March. Not that i would want Leinart on the team, but he would have to be better than Batch at this point in his career..

nj1923steelgirl
11-20-2012, 05:19 PM
At least he is younger!

teegre
11-20-2012, 06:11 PM
The Steelers control their own destiny. They are currently a wild-card play-off team, and those behind them they either play once (Bengals, Bolts) or simply will lose more games that the Steelers.

The Steelers nearly beat a very good team, with a QB who could not throw the ball 30 yards; heck, he could not throw it 10 yards with any accuracy. Now, they have Batch... so, they are basically in the same boat (except, Batch knows when to throw the ball away, as opposed to getting sacked & losing yardage).

If Hoyer has to play, I will not even freak out then, because the defense is amazing.

Once in the play-offs, the Steelers will get back these juggernauts: BB, AB, DD, and Troy.

Fret not, man.

SoCalFan
11-20-2012, 06:17 PM
I have been saying for a few years, the Steelers need to FIRE the entire training staff as it seems toward the end of the season, we are the most banged up team in the league!

Fire Arians
11-20-2012, 06:26 PM
First Troy was gone.....
then Brown goes down
Then Ben
then Leftwich....
Cotchery bites the dust

i guess you like the idea of gilreath being our #3 wr with no more depth than that?

tomlin went and grabbed the best available off the wire

preproman
11-21-2012, 06:25 AM
Where is J. Johnson?

FrancoLambert
11-21-2012, 05:53 PM
All of the above convinces me even more we shouldn't even consider playing DeCastro this season.

Twentyvalve
11-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Violent felon? Who is that? Burress was guilty of stupidity. Nothing more.

BlaZeQuietly
11-21-2012, 09:54 PM
A gun crime qualifies someone as a "violent felon" He may not have shot anyone but him self, but that conviction legally qualifies him as a "violent felon". That's what I meant. I think hes a cool dude and will make a great addition to our team especially at this point.

Twentyvalve
11-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Legal speak. I won't get into a political argument here but legal labels are BS for control issues. As such, Burress is not violent. That whole incident was just Bloomberg inserting himself into the situation.

I am glad I followed up and you clarified your thoughts. :thmbup:

A gun crime qualifies someone as a "violent felon" He may not have shot anyone but him self, but that conviction legally qualifies him as a "violent felon". That's what I meant. I think hes a cool dude and will make a great addition to our team especially at this point.

ETL
11-22-2012, 12:11 AM
First Troy was gone.....
then Brown goes down
Then Ben
then Leftwich....
Cotchery bites the dust

I love how this guy loves to criticize but offers no better solution. So what would you have done instead of sign Buress and Hoyer? Like most of the mouth breathers on this board, you have good 20:20 hindsight

FanSince72
11-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Actually, I think the best thing that could be done is for someone to teach Ben how to fall properly.

For a guy who is as nimble and agile as Ben, it amazes me that he tends to fall like a refrigerator.
He needs to learn how to fall more like an athlete and less like a major appliance.

BlaZeQuietly
11-22-2012, 02:05 PM
I love how this guy loves to criticize but offers no better solution. So what would you have done instead of sign Buress and Hoyer? Like most of the mouth breathers on this board, you have good 20:20 hindsight

What would have I done? As many others have said I would have had a decent back up quarterback to begin with. As much as Ben gets hurt due to his style of play a good #2 would be an issue I would have taken care of earlier in the season, now we are stuck with Batch and Hoyer. As far as the WR situation I have no bones to pick plaxico is just fine and nobody could have seen both brown and cotchery going down.

bornaSteelersfan
11-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Actually, I think the best thing that could be done is for someone to teach Ben how to fall properly.

For a guy who is as nimble and agile as Ben, it amazes me that he tends to fall like a refrigerator.
He needs to learn how to fall more like an athlete and less like a major appliance.

Only one player falls like a refrigerator.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8BZGy1XfYPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WVABE
11-22-2012, 02:37 PM
I wish when the season starts every team has 53 players and thats it.
If players go out due to injury, a bench warmer takes his place.
No signing of anyone til the next preseason.
Years ago players were multi-talented, wide reciever on offence
and a back up linebacker on defence.
And they done it for a couple hundred dollars a game.
$$$$ isn't always a good thing.

harrison'samonster
11-22-2012, 02:55 PM
I wish when the season starts every team has 53 players and thats it.
If players go out due to injury, a bench warmer takes his place.
No signing of anyone til the next preseason.
Years ago players were multi-talented, wide reciever on offence
and a back up linebacker on defence.
And they done it for a couple hundred dollars a game.
$$$$ isn't always a good thing.

i would love that as well. Everything's down to precision and perfection now, no room for playing with pain.

JeromeBetties63
11-24-2012, 12:02 AM
First Troy was gone.....
then Brown goes down
Then Ben
then Leftwich....
Cotchery bites the dust

Well, who would you sign?