PDA

View Full Version : Lets go CHARGERS!!!

SoCalFan
11-20-2012, 07:19 PM
I have a decent feeling about Philip Rivers and the Chargers at home to surprise us and knock off the rats!!! Im 1 1/2 north so I just might show up sporting a Steelers jersey to root on the Chargers!!!

silver & black
11-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Ummm........... no!

BlaZeQuietly
11-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Chargers beat 'em last year and gave us a chance at thedivision, hopefully theyll do it again. the chargers generally do well against the ravens

silver & black
11-24-2012, 09:43 AM
F**K the Chargers!

mikegrimey
11-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm pulling for the Bolts as well, but I've actually seen them play on tv this year... And they're horrible. One of the worst o lines in the game, no running game, no legit receiving threats besides Gates and Rivers is super turnover prone because of this and bonehead decisions. Their defense is pretty good though, and because the Ravens struggle on the road they'll have a chance, but I'd be shocked if Rivers doesn't fumble away some points and chuck some more right at Ed reed

WVABE
11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Da Bolts let em back in the game.

mikegrimey
11-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Giving up a 4th and 26 is damn near unheard of

SoCalFan
11-25-2012, 07:51 PM
F**K the Chargers!

F**K the raiders and gangster nation!

cubanstogie
11-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Norv Turner must have something on AJ Smith. How does he still have a job?

SteelCurtain5643
11-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I cant believe the Chargers suck that bad to give up a 4th and 29 with the game in the bag. Unreal. Fuck off Baltimore.

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Giving up a 4th and 26 is damn near unheard of

it is and 4th and 29 was unheard of until today. With a little help from a bad spot and a bad respot after they reviewed it.

It was clearly short. Should have been game over right there. But a bad spot and call on the replay will go down as the longest 4th down conversion ever.

Ravens1
11-25-2012, 08:41 PM
it is and 4th and 29 was unheard of until today. With a little help from a bad spot and a bad respot after they reviewed it.

It was clearly short. Should have been game over right there. But a bad spot and call on the replay will go down as the longest 4th down conversion ever.

Amazing. A highly paid professional ref with tools at his disposal you can only dream off and being scrutinized by other officials and the league, missed something you saw from your living room. You should call them up immediately and advise them of their error.:rofl:

Buddha Bus
11-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Amazing. A highly paid professional ref with tools at his disposal you can only dream off and being scrutinized by other officials and the league, missed something you saw from your living room. You should call them up immediately and advise them of their error.:rofl:

Yes, and while we're at it maybe we can do something about John Harbaugh constantly questioning, bitching, moaning, and crying like a spoiled 4 year old after every single call he doesn't agree with. I mean, the refs DO have all of those nice toys to help them get it right after all. :hunch:

Same with the majority of Ravens fans. I live near Baltimore and listen to their sports talk every day. Nothing but crying about calls and refs EVERY DAY, win or lose.

Seriously, a Ravens fan telling us not to complain about a bad call is like the Incredible Hulk telling Gandhi he has anger issues. :rolleyes:

sw04ca
11-25-2012, 08:51 PM
I remember thinking that might have been just short as well, but after looking at it in slow-mo (for about 15 minutes! The damn game lasted 4 hours!) it was really, really close. I think it was probably the right call.

Don't blame the refs, blame the featherbed soft Chargers team. There's a reason that those guys never have gone anywhere and never will.

SoCalFan
11-25-2012, 09:35 PM
Norv Turner must have something on AJ Smith. How does he still have a job?

Im with you, Norv is TERRIBLE and should be dropped ASAP!

steelerchad
11-25-2012, 11:02 PM

Well, I guess Ray Rice is 8 1/2 feet tall then. Since his knee is down short of the 35 and the ball is clutched to his chest, he'd have to be to spot the ball where they had it. Doesn't take high tech equipment to know 2 yards = 6 feet, which is how far in front of the knee being down they originally spotted the ball.

If you still don't get it, why don't you do an experiment so you can visualize it.
I'd be willing to bet your taller than Ray Rice, so we'll give you the benefit of an extra couple of inches.
Now, there was green space between the white 35 yard line and the knee down. So at best it was an inch short of the line. More likely 3-6 inches short.
Knee was down with ball to chest, body leaning forward, but knee and upper leg straight up. Even if he was sprawled out, which he wasn't the most the ball could advance was if you measured from the top of his knee to the upper chest. Again that's best case scenario. Realistically, should have been from just below the waist to mid chest.

For this experiment, why don't you take the full benefit of the doubt and measure from your knees to your shoulders. If you come up with more than 4 ft, then I guess you're correct. The refs gave him more than 4 1/2 feet from knee down on the respot. Over 6 feet before the review.

He was short and there's not much doubt. yet the call was indeed blown.

Hope the experiment helps you understand. I realize you may be challenged a bit and I'm just trying to help you out.

Nevermore
11-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Hope the experiment helps you understand. I realize you may be challenged a bit and I'm just trying to help you out.

Refs spotted it live. Then they reviewed it and re-spotted it. Then they measured. And it was a first down. Get over it. Regardless of what you "think" or "know" or "think you know" the ruling in the game by the people who make the call was it was a first down. Case closed.

"just trying to help you out."

WVABE
11-26-2012, 09:46 AM
Regardless of the situation or the team I like to call them honestly as I see them.
Steelerchad is spot on with his accessment, knees are down at the 35, ball in his chest,
at best the ball should've been placed just shy or at the 34.
Without clear sideline shots it was mainly a guessing game.
The 33 1/2 yard line was way off the mark.

i82much
11-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Well, I guess Ray Rice is 8 1/2 feet tall then. Since his knee is down short of the 35 and the ball is clutched to his chest, he'd have to be to spot the ball where they had it. Doesn't take high tech equipment to know 2 yards = 6 feet, which is how far in front of the knee being down they originally spotted the ball.

If you still don't get it, why don't you do an experiment so you can visualize it.
I'd be willing to bet your taller than Ray Rice, so we'll give you the benefit of an extra couple of inches.
Now, there was green space between the white 35 yard line and the knee down. So at best it was an inch short of the line. More likely 3-6 inches short.
Knee was down with ball to chest, body leaning forward, but knee and upper leg straight up. Even if he was sprawled out, which he wasn't the most the ball could advance was if you measured from the top of his knee to the upper chest. Again that's best case scenario. Realistically, should have been from just below the waist to mid chest.

For this experiment, why don't you take the full benefit of the doubt and measure from your knees to your shoulders. If you come up with more than 4 ft, then I guess you're correct. The refs gave him more than 4 1/2 feet from knee down on the respot. Over 6 feet before the review.

He was short and there's not much doubt. yet the call was indeed blown.

You couldn't even tell from the broadcast where the official 1st down marker was, much less from the replay exactly where the ball should have been spotted.

steelerchad
11-26-2012, 04:32 PM
You couldn't even tell from the broadcast where the official 1st down marker was, much less from the replay exactly where the ball should have been spotted.

You sure about that.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1791369/ricedown.gif

i82much
11-26-2012, 04:45 PM
You sure about that.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1791369/ricedown.gif

Yes. The marker you can see on the far side of the field is the unofficial marker. The yellow line is just the TV production crew taking their best guess, and means nothing. If you watched the game, the official marker was obscured by people on the near sideline.

Atlanta Dan
11-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Refs spotted it live. Then they reviewed it and re-spotted it. Then they measured. And it was a first down. Get over it. Regardless of what you "think" or "know" or "think you know" the ruling in the game by the people who make the call was it was a first down. Case closed.

"just trying to help you out."

Great - you beat the Chargers after beating the Steelers playing without a QB - made your reservations for New Orleans?

Good luck in January if the Ravens need to win a road game (or play Pittsburgh with a healthy Roethlisberger)

steelerchad
11-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Yes. The marker you can see on the far side of the field is the unofficial marker. The yellow line is just the TV production crew taking their best guess, and means nothing. If you watched the game, the official marker was obscured by people on the near sideline.

OK. So where do you think the ball should have been spotted and then respotted after the review. It was originally spotted right on the 33. Then respotted back a little more than 1/2 yard as the entire football was inside the 34.

I don't give a shit where the marker is, Rice didn't even make it to the 34 and he needed to for a first.

i82much
11-26-2012, 10:00 PM
OK. So where do you think the ball should have been spotted and then respotted after the review. It was originally spotted right on the 33. Then respotted back a little more than 1/2 yard as the entire football was inside the 34.

I don't give a shit where the marker is, Rice didn't even make it to the 34 and he needed to for a first.

I don't know exactly where the ball should have been spotted, and I don't know exactly where the official first down marker was either. And if you really wanted to step aside from your biases and give it an honest look, you'd realize that you don't know either.

What I do know is that there is at least a half a yard, probably more difference between the unofficial yellow line the TV production crews provide and the unofficial orange yard marker you can see on the far side of the field. Even if you accept the unofficial yard marker as the official first down, it is hardly clear that Rice didn't make the first down. IN THE IMAGE I POSTED, THE UNOFFICIAL ORANGE MARKER ON THE FAR SIDE OF THE FIELD IS CLOSER TO THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE THAN THE 34 YARD LINE. You are talking what, 30 inches from the 35 yard line? And we are going from Rice's knee until the nose of the ball, how far is that exactly? Yeah. You know for sure, right?

All I am saying is man that was close. I don't know that he got it. What I do know is that - no matter how hard you protest and how much it may hurt your feelings - you don't know that he didn't get it. Got it?

PS: Sorry for the caps, just wanted to drive home what I thought was the most important point really.

steelerchad
11-26-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't know exactly where the ball should have been spotted, and I don't know exactly where the official first down marker was either. And if you really wanted to step aside from your biases and give it an honest look, you'd realize that you don't know either.

What I do know is that there is at least a half a yard, probably more difference between the unofficial yellow line the TV production crews provide and the unofficial yard marker you can see on the far side of the field. Even if you accept the unofficial yard marker as the official first down, it is hardly clear that Rice didn't make the first down. You are talking what, 30 inches from the 35 yard line? And we are going from Rice's knee until the nose of the ball, how far is that exactly? Yeah. You know for sure, right?

All I am saying is man that was close. I don't know that he got it. What I do know is that - no matter how hard you protest and how much it may hurt your feelings - you don't know that he didn't get it. Got it?

What I do know is that 1 yard = 3 feet and his knee was down before the 35. The final spot was a foot inside the 34. That's 4 feet in front of where his knee was down. I don't see anywhere near 4 ft of extension. Even if he laid out flat before his knee hit. Dude is 5'7 with ball tucked to his chest. It's not possible they spotted it correctly. If you put your bias aside you'd see it a little more clearly.

i82much
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
What I do know is that 1 yard = 3 feet and his knee was down before the 35. The final spot was a foot inside the 34. That's 4 feet in front of where his knee was down. I don't see anywhere near 4 ft of extension. Even if he laid out flat before his knee hit. Dude is 5'7 with ball tucked to his chest. It's not possible they spotted it correctly. If you put your bias aside you'd see it a little more clearly.

First - neither of us knows where the near side official orange marker is. So we are not going to settle this even if we agree on the math.

Second, I am not saying the exact spot was correct - I am saying that it is plausible (not not certain, not necessarily even likely - plausible) that he got the first down.

Do we at least agree that the unofficial marker on the far side of the field is closer to the line of scrimmage than the 34 yard line? If so, and we assume that's the official marker for the sake of discussion ...

Do we also agree that only the tip of the ball needs to get to to the official yard marker?

Now say Rice's knee is 3 inches closer to the line of scrimmage than the 35. And the marker is 6 inches closer to the line of scrimmage than the 34. That's 33 inches, right?

From Rice's knee to the tip of the ball couldn't possibly be 33 inches?

steelerchad
11-26-2012, 10:50 PM
First - neither of us knows where the near side official orange marker is. So we are not going to settle this even if we agree on the math.

Second, I am not saying the exact spot was correct - I am saying that it is plausible (not not certain, not necessarily even likely - plausible) that he got the first down.

Do we at least agree that the unofficial marker on the far side of the field is closer to the line of scrimmage than the 34 yard line? If so, and we assume that's the official marker for the sake of discussion ...

Do we also agree that only the tip of the ball needs to get to to the official yard marker?

Now say Rice's knee is 3 inches closer to the line of scrimmage than the 35. And the marker is 6 inches closer to the line of scrimmage than the 34. That's 33 inches, right?

From Rice's knee to the tip of the ball couldn't possibly be 33 inches?

33 inches is feasable (even though I think he needed a little more than that) if he was laid out when the knee was down, but the original TV replays clearly showed he didn't sprawl out until after the knee hit. Hip or thigh to chest, not even close. You won't convince me and I won't convince you, so leave it at that.

i82much
11-26-2012, 10:57 PM
33 inches is feasable (even though I think he needed a little more than that) if he was laid out when the knee was down, but the original TV replays clearly showed he didn't sprawl out until after the knee hit. Hip or thigh to chest, not even close. You won't convince me and I won't convince you, so leave it at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

steelerchad
11-27-2012, 09:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

Good video.
Alright, I concede there's a chance. However slim it might be.:hatsoff:

I wish you lots of luck Sunday. All bad of course.

i82much
11-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Good video.
Alright, I concede there's a chance. However slim it might be.:hatsoff:

I wish you lots of luck Sunday. All bad of course.

Alright then. Sounds like we're on pretty good terms, so I'll concede there's a chance you'll win on Sunday :flap:

Nevermore
11-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Great - you beat the Chargers after beating the Steelers playing without a QB - made your reservations for New Orleans?

Good luck in January if the Ravens need to win a road game (or play Pittsburgh with a healthy Roethlisberger)

And this has been the argument of everyone all season, yet the Ravens are still 9-2 with the second best record in the NFL. Strange.

Maybe we are just a really ugly football team, but at the end of the day, the Ravens win. And really that is all that matters.

Ben was fine in Denver, Oakland, and Tennessee if I recall... what happened there? No one thinks Flacco is any good on this site, so why can't the Steelers beat the Ravens or even Cleveland without Ben? Batch wasn't your problem last weekend. He only turned it over 3 times. 5 other guys helped to lose that one too.....

SteelCurtain5643
11-27-2012, 04:45 PM
And this has been the argument of everyone all season, yet the Ravens are still 9-2 with the second best record in the NFL. Strange.

Maybe we are just a really ugly football team, but at the end of the day, the Ravens win. And really that is all that matters.

Ben was fine in Denver, Oakland, and Tennessee if I recall... what happened there? No one thinks Flacco is any good on this site, so why can't the Steelers beat the Ravens or even Cleveland without Ben? Batch wasn't your problem last weekend. He only turned it over 3 times. 5 other guys helped to lose that one too.....

Peyton Manning happend in Denver and it was also week 1 big FUCKING shit. As for the other 2, the defense failed to show up, especially against Oakland. The Ravens win because they have so much luck it isnt even funny. Your QB took a shot with a stupid dump off pass on 4th and fucking forever and got LUCKY. There is no way your 9-2 record reflects at all on your teams true performace. If you or any Ravens fan thinks you guys rightfully deserve to be 9-2 thats hilarious. We'll see how good you guys really are down the stretch when you have to play us, denver, giants washington and cinci the next 5 weeks.

Nevermore
11-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Peyton Manning happend in Denver and it was also week 1 big FUCKING shit. As for the other 2, the defense failed to show up, especially against Oakland. The Ravens win because they have so much luck it isnt even funny. Your QB took a shot with a stupid dump off pass on 4th and fucking forever and got LUCKY. There is no way your 9-2 record reflects at all on your teams true performace. If you or any Ravens fan thinks you guys rightfully deserve to be 9-2 thats hilarious. We'll see how good you guys really are down the stretch when you have to play us, denver, giants washington and cinci the next 5 weeks.

I look forward to it. Seeing as how we already blew out Cincy and beat the Steelers.

As for the 4th and 29, you seem to think that was Flacco's play. It was Rice. Flacco dumped it to him. Maybe dumb. But then Rice made it a 29 yard run. That's the sign of good things happening with the TEAM. Not one player. Flacco's not the greatest. I'll admit it. But the team wins or loses. Not one player. Just ask Trent Dilfer.

And because "the defense failed to show up" that somehow makes the Steelers a better team? Isn't that 50% of the game?

All I know is that 9 times this year, when the clock says 0, the Ravens have had more points than the other team. They don't draw pictures in the win loss column. The Ravens are "lucky" The Steelers "found a way to win" It's all about perspective.

See you in Baltimore in a week. If the Steelers are really as great as you say and the Ravens are as bad.... shouldn't even be a contest. Of course that is what the whole NFL world though last weekend in Cleveland. Batch had his hand in that loss, but the whole team was terrible. 5 fumbles? Sounds like a SB caliber team to me.