View Full Version : Chances to pass the Ravens for the title

Kingmagyar
11-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Ravens remaining schedule / and who we play

@ San Diego (4-6) 4:05 pm EST could gain a game here

we play @ Cleveland

vs Pittsburgh (6-4) 4:25 pm EST we need this game here

we play @ Baltimore

@ Washington (4-6) 1:00 pm EST ravens are bad on the road?

we play vs San Diego

vs Denver (7-3) 1:00 pm EST Can Peyton gain us a game?

we play @ Dallas

vs NY Giants (6-4) 1:00 pm EST Come on Eli!

we play vs Cincinnati

@ Cincinnati (5-5) 1:00 pm EST on the road again for Flacco?

we play vs Cleveland

Lucky Ravens earlier in the year had home games against New England and Dallas not to mention saved a trip to the west coast by getting oakland at home now they play thier two toughest games left at home as well.

The opportunity is there to still win the division. But we must win not only the next two but most of them. Best case scenario is to win the next two and have Ravens lose their next two. Evening us up with 4 weeks to go where we should be able to overtake them.

steeltheone
11-21-2012, 07:04 PM
I hope so!!!

austinfrench76
11-21-2012, 09:10 PM
YES PLEASE!!!!

Terminator
11-21-2012, 09:11 PM
I have a feeling Chargers will pull out the upset. They are due for a win.

teegre
11-21-2012, 09:18 PM
I have a feeling Chargers will pull out the upset. They are due for a win.

The Bolts kicked the Ravens' teeth in, last season.

Stu Pidasso
11-21-2012, 10:38 PM
I'll buy that for a dollar.

ON the other tentacle, I just want in the playoffs. We can take care of the Ratturds there.

Rotorhead
11-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I was hoping for a SD win. We just need to take care of business in 2 weeks. I am 90% sure the Broncos will beat them. So if we take care of what we can control, they could lose to either SD or the Giants

nj1923steelgirl
11-22-2012, 04:10 PM
If we take care of our business....I think we have a great chance

ChristianKustomz
11-22-2012, 04:26 PM
That's a stretch. That's a very loooong stretch.

I hope we win!

SoCalFan
11-22-2012, 05:29 PM
Im thinking of making the drive down to SD to root on the Chargers, while sporting one of my Steelers jerseys and waving my towel!?

After seeing how the Redskins are playing today, I feel good about that one! Oh wait, they are playing the cowgirls...

SteelersCanada
11-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Ben is back for the second game against the Ravens, and if our defense played like they did at Heinz Field - Ben will be able to pick apart that defense. If not, let them have the division and we'll take our championships. I mean, they have to brag about something right?

Rotorhead
11-22-2012, 05:52 PM
How is that a stretch, they will most likeky lose to Denver, with Ben back we can beat them. Even records there. Giants should start their late season run soon, so that is a toss up. Chargers are playing for their playoff lives so its all or nothing there. All they have to do is lose one if those 2.

ChristianKustomz
11-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah but we've all seen Baltimore pull out hat tricks off some crap play and win at the last second. It just seems to me that everything has to play out well for it to happen. Thus far...this year has proven to be anything but predictable.

Rotorhead
11-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Remember this: "If we beat them at their house, we will win the division!" Because they will not have that confidence that gets teams those last second wins.

PhantomJB93
11-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Ravens could easily lose every game left on their schedule. Not that they will, but there are no games they will easily win. Personally I think the Chargers will beat them this week and, if Ben does indeed return, we will beat them the next week as well. I also expect them to lose either to the Giants or Broncos but probably not both. That would put them at 11-5.

They key is, we need to be able to beat the Browns this week. I love Batch but I just don't have a good feeling about it. If we can beat the Browns and Ravens, I don't see us losing any other games the rest of the way.

ricardisimo
11-22-2012, 11:19 PM
The Chargers are just about to quit completely on Norv, so I very much doubt a Raven loss there. Otherwise, they have a significantly harder schedule than we do. I predicted a 12-4 finish for us, and I'm sticking with it. The Ravens should lose three in their remaining schedule.

Millers the sh!t
11-23-2012, 08:55 AM
I think we can run the table, the ravens I think will drop against Washington, Denver and possibly the giants. We probably tie the division with them.

steelfury02
11-23-2012, 08:57 AM
I think we can run the table, the ravens I think will drop against Washington, Denver and possibly the giants. We probably tie the division with them.

And in this scenario - wouldn't the Ravens still get the division by AFC record alone? They're 7-1 in AFC, we're 3-4 as of now

Millers the sh!t
11-23-2012, 08:58 AM
How is that a stretch, they will most likeky lose to Denver, with Ben back we can beat them. Even records there. Giants should start their late season run soon, so that is a toss up. Chargers are playing for their playoff lives so its all or nothing there. All they have to do is lose one if those 2.

Totally agree, except I think they will drop against Washington as well.

Side question, are you a DYE Rotor head?

Millers the sh!t
11-23-2012, 09:05 AM
[QUOTE=steelfury02;1052285]And in this scenario - wouldn't the Ravens still get the division by AFC record alone? They're 7-1 in AFC, we're 3-4 as of now[/QU

They are up by 2 on us right?

If they lose Denver, Washington, and our second round with us that'd put us ahead. (possibly giants too) But that's best case scenario.

BUT my overall GUT feeling is that we do tie with them and we still end up with a 5 seed cause of the tie breaking rules as u mentioned.

steelfury02
11-23-2012, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=steelfury02;1052285]And in this scenario - wouldn't the Ravens still get the division by AFC record alone? They're 7-1 in AFC, we're 3-4 as of now[/QU

They are up by 2 on us right?

If they lose Denver, Washington, and our second round with us that'd put us ahead. (possibly giants too) But that's best case scenario.

BUT my overall GUT feeling is that we do tie with them and we still end up with a 5 seed cause of the tie breaking rules as u mentioned.

yup, they're 8-2. I see them losing to Denver, but not to Washington or Giants. I just think the Giants don't have it in them this season to turn it on - not two seasons in a row. Their secondary is not as good, and their WR isn't getting separation against top Ds IMO. If I were Coughlin - I'd get back to running it a little more. I think Eli is in fact getting tired out. Too much of it riding on his arm, whereas when our O is healthy - Ben doesn't need to be bombing those long routes 30-40 times a game.

Millers the sh!t
11-23-2012, 09:31 AM
I think ur right about the running game in NY. But, I think a lot of true playoff teams start pounding the rock more this time of the season. NY coaching staff should be good enough to notice Baltimore's porous run defense and take advantage.

Having said that, we don't need NYG to make the playoffs, we just NEED them to beat the ravens. And I think their running game, deep play action and defense is good enough to do it.

steelfury02
11-23-2012, 09:34 AM
I think ur right about the running game in NY. But, I think a lot of true playoff teams start pounding the rock more this time of the season. NY coaching staff should be good enough to notice Baltimore's porous run defense and take advantage.

Having said that, we don't need NYG to make the playoffs, we just NEED them to beat the ravens. And I think their running game, deep play action and defense is good enough to do it.

Yea - they could be on the verge of figuring it out to help us out. I still think the Ravens D will handle RGIII though - their D could be figuring it out at the right time as well - learning to win without Ray or Webb(which I think is a bigger hit than Lewis not being in there)