PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Arians Is Thankful He Was Fired

Atlanta Dan
11-22-2012, 10:19 AM
This from the always charming BA

Arians took a little shot at the Steelers and Tomlin when asked on Wednesday what he’s thankful for this year.

“I am thankful for the Pittsburgh Steelers letting me go to be here,” Arians told Phil Richards of the Indianapolis Star. “Truthfully, I couldn’t think of a better place to be at this point in time and to have felt more needed probably in my entire life. So, thank you Pittsburgh.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/11/21/arians-takes-shot-at-tomlin-steelers/

For once Arians and I agree - I also am thankful he was fired:thumbsup:

mikegrimey
11-22-2012, 10:25 AM
Can't blame him for seeing the upside in his firing. He had a good job here and a good relationship with Roethlisberger, but now he has the chance to work with Andrew Luck and he's a head coach, he certainly wasn't ever going to get a head coaching gig while working for us (I'm speculating a bit, but there was no interest in him even after 2 Super Bowl appearances... His stock was never going to get any higher).

I think most steelers fans are grateful too, the move worked out for both sides, Haley seems a bit more pragmatic as a game planner and we haven't had any head shaking game plans like we saw against Denver in 07 and the Browns in 09

harrison'samonster
11-22-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm definitely thankful we let him go as well. Good way for him to look at it as well.

xbroughneck
11-22-2012, 11:53 AM
No, thank YOU Bruce for getting the f*** out of Dodge with your weird offensive schemes. It says something about Andrew Luck that he can be successful with that thing you call an offensive scheme.

Btw...having a dedicated fullback hasn't hurt the Steeler's offense. Not at all.

Fire Arians
11-22-2012, 12:16 PM
fire arians!

i can't wait till he plays the texans twice and ends up going 8-8 and people see what a farce he's been, and his nice record is due to a pattycake schedule and a lucky win against the packers

SteelersCanada
11-22-2012, 12:29 PM
No, no. Thank YOU, Bruce. Ben and the rest of the offense isn't playing under your shitty system, and we're number one in the league on third downs. Ben isn't getting hit and the running game is effective. These are things that didn't work under his brutal play calling, and this offense is rolling under Ben.

So thank you, Bruce. We don't have to put up with your shit anymore. We'd also appreciate if he stopped talking about our team and our players. He was fired for incompetence and all he's doing is showing that he's immature and was fired for good reason.

Hawaii 5-0
11-22-2012, 01:59 PM
well, that makes two of us then.

I'm thankful Arians was fired also...

ChristianKustomz
11-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I say the next one to get fired is Wallace!

austinfrench76
11-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Agree with BA! Win-win. Having heard his interviews in the past I think he's trying to be funny and a dick but I couldn't be happier! He was a sick a#@ coordinator in Pittsburgh but he's doing his thing in Indy. In my opinion, Haley has been AWESOME!!! Good for Arians and good riddance! Go Steelers...

austinfrench76
11-23-2012, 12:18 AM
I meant SUCK a$# but you get it!

tony hipchest
11-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Can't blame him for seeing the upside in his firing. can definitely blame him for being a complete turd though.

he shoulda been thanking bill cowher for scraping his ass off the cleveland brown dung heap and dick lebeau and the steelers defense for carrying his dead weight for 5 years.

of ;course he feels more wanted than ever... the colts appointed him HC out of sheer desperation. when they went looking for a head coach they hired a coordinator who fielded a good unit, not a underachiever who had coordinated in 2 sb's and won 1.

he might as well have thanked chuck pagano for coming down with cancer so he could finally achieve his dream and "feel wanted",

i wish him all the luck in his new job, but he is one tacky SOB.

his weekly jabs at the steelers or their players are a perfect example of why he has NEVER been considered for a head coaching job in the NFL based on his own substandard merits.

whether ben admits it or not, arians lack of managerial skills probably shaved a year or 2 off of his career. it took bend idol elway the final 2 seasons of his career to finally win achampionship.

mikegrimey
11-23-2012, 06:25 AM
I haven't heard any of these weekly jabs at the steelers or steelers players, what has he said?

TRH
11-23-2012, 08:08 AM
this was one of those times when it was a good deal for both sides.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-23-2012, 08:44 AM
I am thankful that he "retired" from the Steelers.

I always knew that I would be a Steelers fan longer than he would be a Steelers OC. It was a war of attrition.

steelfury02
11-23-2012, 08:52 AM
My impression of Arians is that he is someone that was carried during a group project, and when the group got an "A" upon completion of presentation, he took the same amount of credit as they did, maybe even more - even though he only contributed 1 lousy page and a shitty drawing that they tucked away in hopes of the teacher glancing over it.

Then, when it came time for another group project, the same group got talked in to taking on the shitty classmate again because it was someone's friend and they felt bad

AKA - you can't deny his schemes were slowly killing Ben and undermining red zone efficiency, but hey - the sheer talent in the group overcame his shortcomings. But, apologists say "well he did help them win a SB" when you damn well know it was in spite of him.

He consistently took jabs at the running backs group when asked about the run game, use of fullback, etc, etc, even though he set them up to fail. It isn't a shocker when even the o-linemen came out and publicly stated that he barely let the running backs practice - hence, the failure come game time. But you know, they would get more touches "when they show me they can succeed." The guy will take all the credit but no responsibility for anything he def needs to work on.

Before the injury, Ben was on his way to a career year - and it is no shocker. If you don't think Arians isn't noticing the differences since he has been gone, and what the team has been able to do in TOP, and red zone, and even 3 points more per game is a huge difference, especially when your winning the TOP battle, you need to look back at his tenure here, and some turning points in those seasons. I didn't see the context of the comments - but Bruce will be "thankful" to anyone that throws him a bone and back door them the second he isn't getting spoon fed anymore.

The guy was/is a hindrance to a great QB and an offense. Period.

Millers the sh!t
11-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Bruce thinks he's the man cause hes interim coaching a current wild card team. Wait till he plays a real team and blows them all. Hell be lucky to make the playoffs and if he does hell be one and done. He's enjoying his suck-sess of beating mediocre teams a little too much.

How did that patriots game turn out for BA?

Part of me hopes we catch him on the playoffs.....

teegre
11-23-2012, 10:06 AM
From the Bruce Arians press conference:

"First, I'd like to thank Pittsburgh for firing me; Mike is still better than Maurkice. Secondly, I'd like to thank Indianapolis for drafting Andrew Luck; without him, I'd only have my bubble-screens. Lastly, I'd like to thank leukemia; without that disease, I NEVER would have gotten to play head coach."

steeltheone
11-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Bruce thinks he's the man cause hes interim coaching a current wild card team. Wait till he plays a real team and blows them all. Hell be lucky to make the playoffs and if he does hell be one and done. He's enjoying his suck-sess of beating mediocre teams a little too much.

How did that patriots game turn out for BA?

Part of me hopes we catch him on the playoffs.....

What Indy has done is very impressive....The Steelers have plenty of cupcake wins too.

harrison'samonster
11-23-2012, 10:35 AM
From the Bruce Arians press conference:

"First, I'd like to thank Pittsburgh for firing me; Mike is still better than Maurkice. Secondly, I'd like to thank Indianapolis for drafting Andrew Luck; without him, I'd only have my bubble-screens. Lastly, I'd like to thank leukemia; without that disease, I NEVER would have gotten to play head coach."

:toofunny: they should make a sitcom out of his character. him or Rex Ryan

steelfury02
11-23-2012, 10:40 AM
hey, we beat the Eagles when everyone thought they were going to turn the corner (and were 3-1 at that point I believe)

We beat the "re-re-surging" Bengals, and the champs on their turf. We beat RGIII and the now "re-surging" Redskins, We beat an underrated Kansas City defense who brought the Ravens to the brink. We also beat the Jets who put up a helluva a lot of points the week before we faced them - and everyone thought they were going to be a force

This team is just as good as the Colts with our backup. I understand where you are coming from - but a healthy Steelers team is head and shoulders over the Colts IMO. The team that beat the Giants (without Troy, DeCastro, Mendy) is a team that is capable of winning the SB, and on the road too. We need our ammo refilled, renewed, and restocked - if that happens - we beat anyone.

MACH1
11-23-2012, 10:42 AM

Arians took a little shot at the Steelers and Tomlin when asked on Wednesday what he’s thankful for this year.

“I am thankful for the Pittsburgh Steelers letting me go to be here,” Arians told Phil Richards of the Indianapolis Star. “Truthfully, I couldn’t think of a better place to be at this point in time and to have felt more needed probably in my entire life. So, thank you Pittsburgh.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/11/21/arians-takes-shot-at-tomlin-steelers/

So he admits to being shit canned and not retiring. Looks like the Rooney's let you save face after they booted your ass out under the guise of retirement.

Then there's this little nugget of classiness from brucie after being canned from the clowns.

“Our head coach lost the game,” Arians said. “He called off the dogs on defense. You just don’t let Tommy Maddox sit there and go against a prevent defense. He basically fired [defensive coordinator] Foge Fazio at halftime. Foge was blitzing. We had them beat. They knew we had them beat.”

Arians says Davis took over the playcalling at halftime and insisted the team play his prevent defense.

“I don’t care what anyone says. I was on that sideline,” Arians said.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/02/bruce-arians-is-still-pissed-at-butch-davis-after-all-these-years/

steelfury02
11-23-2012, 10:49 AM
So he admits to being shit canned and not retiring. Looks like the Rooney's let you save face after they booted your ass out under the guise of retirement.

Then there's this little nugget of classiness from brucie after being canned from the clowns.

Yup - def a trend with this ass-hat. I'm not bitching just to bitch now (:chuckle:) - this is his MO.

Millers the sh!t
11-23-2012, 10:57 AM

What Indy has done is very impressive....The Steelers have plenty of cupcake wins too.

No, its not. Wait and see...

If you compare this colts season to last year when they purposely shit the bed to get a top pick, then yeah...... I guess it's its an " impressive" turn around. But, I think they are playing right where they should be at this point. Beating average/ sub average teams, and losing to good teams. By no means very impressive though.

BTW, I've never said we were knocking playoff teams dead left and right either.....

steelfury02
11-23-2012, 11:07 AM
No, its not. Wait and see...

If you compare this colts season to last year when they purposely shit the bed to get a top pick, then yeah...... I guess it's its an " impressive" turn around. But, I think they are playing right where they should be at this point. Beating average/ sub average teams, and losing to good teams. By no means very impressive though.

BTW, I've never said we were knocking playoff teams dead left and right either.....

you know what, I'd like to hear more about why in the world we have to play any division opponent twice in 3 weeks. I don't care if we won - I still don't want that.

teegre
11-23-2012, 11:08 AM
:toofunny: they should make a sitcom out of his character. him or Rex Ryan

Announcer voice:

"This fall, on the WB, it's a wacky sit-com staring two of the wackiest wack-jobs in the NFL. Can you guess what they're going to say next??? We bet that you can't!!!

RR: Hey, where's my foot cream?
::laugh track::
BA: Hey, I'm a big boy head coach now!!!
RR: Really?... who died???
BA: Oops! Did I just put my foot in my mouth?... or, in YOURS???
RR: We're so wacky!!!

It's 'Wack-Job Blabbermouths'... only on the WB."

steelfury02
11-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Announcer voice:

"This fall, on the WB, it's a wacky sit-com staring two of the wackiest wack-jobs in the NFL. Can you guess what they're going to say next??? We bet that you can't!!!

RR: Hey, where's my foot cream?
BA: Hey, I'm a big boy head coach now!!!
RR: Really?... who died???
BA: Oops! Did I just put my foot in my mouth?... or, in YOURS???
RR: We're so wacky!!!

It's 'Wack-Job Blabbermouths'... only on the WB."

I like it - except after it wins 1 award because the other star carried BA, it will eventually fail because the formula will become stale - they'll have to find BA's replacement - ala Ashton Kutcher - and we'll see a BA roast where he'll say it was everyone else's fault the show went downhill

harrison'samonster
11-23-2012, 12:25 PM
you know what, I'd like to hear more about why in the world we have to play any division opponent twice in 3 weeks. I don't care if we won - I still don't want that.

that does seem pretty bogus. I don't know what the NFL was thinking with that decision. They know that these are going to be violent, hard hitting games. Add another brutal rivalry for the Steelers between those two. I don't care what people say about the Browns, this game coming up is going to be hard hitting.

Almost makes you think they're trying to take these two teams out by having them kill each other. What did the Ravens have 4 games in something like 20 days at the beginning of the year?

Player safety my ass.

FanSince72
11-23-2012, 01:46 PM
I still do not understand why so many people hate Arians so much. :noidea:

5 straight winning seasons, four of those with double-digit wins, two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win. If Haley posted an identical record in the next five years, would he "suck" too?

Maybe Arians will never be a Hall of Fame coach, but I'd hardly call him a bad or incompetent coach.

Why do you hate him so much?

harrison'samonster
11-23-2012, 01:51 PM
first off, getting rid of the fullback. second, bubble screens (unfortunately that's continued under Haley). Not using Miller as a receiver. Not using Mendenhall as a receiver. Using a tight end as a fullback. Not protecting Ben. poor game plans.

His comments off the field never helped him either.

I agree that he's not a terrible coach, he just wasn't good for Pittsburgh.

MasterOfPuppets
11-23-2012, 03:32 PM

5 straight winning seasons, four of those with double-digit wins, two Super Bowl appearances and one Super Bowl win. If Haley posted an identical record in the next five years, would he "suck" too?

Maybe Arians will never be a Hall of Fame coach, but I'd hardly call him a bad or incompetent coach.

i don't give arians credit for any success they may have had. dick lebeau's defense and roethlisbergers ability to turn chicken shit into chicken salad deserve all the credit.
had ben drew up plays in the dirt with a stick the results woulda been the same.

steeltheone
11-23-2012, 03:37 PM
hey, we beat the Eagles when everyone thought they were going to turn the corner (and were 3-1 at that point I believe)

We beat the "re-re-surging" Bengals, and the champs on their turf. We beat RGIII and the now "re-surging" Redskins, We beat an underrated Kansas City defense who brought the Ravens to the brink. We also beat the Jets who put up a helluva a lot of points the week before we faced them - and everyone thought they were going to be a force

This team is just as good as the Colts with our backup. I understand where you are coming from - but a healthy Steelers team is head and shoulders over the Colts IMO. The team that beat the Giants (without Troy, DeCastro, Mendy) is a team that is capable of winning the SB, and on the road too. We need our ammo refilled, renewed, and restocked - if that happens - we beat anyone.[B] How can you possibly use a win over the Chiefs ( 1-9) as anything more than a cupcake win?

The Steelers are better than the Colts, thats what makes the Colts season impressive. They were not expected to win 3 games!

Just because i love the Steelers, i don't get blinded by homerism.

Hawaii 5-0
11-23-2012, 03:39 PM
i don't give arians credit for any success they may have had.

I don't really give Arians that much credit for Indy's success either, the Colts are simply playing inspired football in honor of Chuck Pagano.

that, and a lot of LUCK...

steeltheone
11-23-2012, 03:54 PM
I don't really give Arians that much credit for Indy's success either, the Colts are simply playing inspired football in honor of Chuck Pagano.

that, and a lot of LUCK...

Luck looks like a real stud!

Hawaii 5-0
11-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Luck looks like a real stud!

yeah, both Luck and RGIII look like they are the real deals.

tony hipchest
11-23-2012, 04:34 PM
I haven't heard any of these weekly jabs at the steelers or steelers players, what has he said?the ones that quickly come to mind is him taking a subtle shot at ben and his intelligence in the preseason, calling luck the smartest he has ever worked with, immediately after ben was accused of bitching about haleys "rosetta stone" playbook.

then a few weeks ago, he felt the need to point out that mike pouncey is better than his twin markice.

and now this.

point is, arians has much bigger things he should be worrying about now, rather than the steelers. everytime he takes one of these shots at the team that put his ass on the map, it shows a lack of maturity and professionalism.

this isnt the first year he constantly ran his big fat mouth to the media, and the aforementioned reasons are probably a big part he has never received an job offer as a HC in the NFL before (despite him being along for the ride for five seasons, 2 SB appearances, and 1 win.

FrancoLambert
11-23-2012, 04:39 PM
BA had much to be thankful for yesterday.
A stud rookie QB who plays like a veteran.
The emotional drive of a team playing for a cancer stricken coach.
At this level of play, that added mental incentive pushes the body to greater limits.
He should keep his mouth shut; the Colts' success has little to do with him.

Hawaii 5-0
11-23-2012, 04:57 PM
BA had much to be thankful for yesterday.
A stud rookie QB who plays like a veteran.
The emotional drive of a team playing for a cancer stricken coach.
At this level of play, that added mental incentive pushes the body to greater limits.
He should keep his mouth shut; the Colts' success has little to do with him.

couldn't agree more! :drink:

FanSince72
11-23-2012, 06:53 PM
i don't give arians credit for any success they may have had. dick lebeau's defense and roethlisbergers ability to turn chicken shit into chicken salad deserve all the credit.
had ben drew up plays in the dirt with a stick the results woulda been the same.

OK.

So then by that logic, we don't need Haley either.

Right?

tony hipchest
11-24-2012, 12:57 AM
OK.

So then by that logic, we don't need Haley either.

Right?and by your logic, arians is the next bill walsh?

why wouldnt we need haley? he is actually competent, and lets face it, arians entire offesnive philosophy is flawed.

please show me where his play calling and actual gameplans have benefitted a team in the past, for an entire season.

arians hem hawed about wanting out because he couldnt stand the heat, and like mike martz he thought his "mad scientist brrains" were beigger than the team.

good riddance.

a few people cant understand the "arians hate" which is really no more than a respect of sound business decions, and a desire to not settle for mediocrity on offense and protect the teams best interests going forwatd. i get that.

a TON of people dont get the arians love. can someone explain that to me???

TheVet
11-24-2012, 12:59 AM
There aren't many Offensive Coordinators who have the opportunity to be mentored by three fantastic young QBs. He's one lucky dullard.

MACH1
11-24-2012, 01:09 AM

first off, getting rid of the fullback. second, bubble screens (unfortunately that's continued under Haley). Not using Miller as a receiver. Not using Mendenhall as a receiver. Using a tight end as a fullback. Not protecting Ben. poor game plans.

His comments off the field never helped him either.

I agree that he's not a terrible coach, he just wasn't good for Pittsburgh.

Lets not forget....
Publicly acknowledging that he felt no need to practice for 4-3 defenses

tony hipchest
11-24-2012, 01:10 AM
There aren't many Offensive Coordinators who have the opportunity to be mentored by three fantastic young QBs. He's one lucky dullard.

HA! even though steelersfever dont have a "post of the month for a million bucks award" i officially nominate this post for a million bucks. :wink02:

FanSince72
11-24-2012, 01:53 AM
a few people cant understand the "arians hate" which is really no more than a respect of sound business decions, and a desire to not settle for mediocrity on offense and protect the teams best interests going forwatd. i get that.

Well, I guess you're right if one considers five winning seasons and two Super Bowl appearances "mediocre".
While it may be true that Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) had much to do with that, I'm pretty sure that the offense - you know...the one coached by Arians? - had something to do with that as well (probably a little more, actually).

Unless of course you believe that Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) also scored the majority of points too.

TheVet
11-24-2012, 02:51 AM
HA! even though steelersfever dont have a "post of the month for a million bucks award" i officially nominate this post for a million bucks. :wink02:

Thank you but I'll settle for a hundred bucks and a beer!

harrison'samonster
11-24-2012, 05:38 AM
Well, I guess you're right if one considers five winning seasons and two Super Bowl appearances "mediocre".
While it may be true that Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) had much to do with that, I'm pretty sure that the offense - you know...the one coached by Arians? - had something to do with that as well (probably a little more, actually).

Unless of course you believe that Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) also scored the majority of points too.

straw men and red herrings. BA sucked with the Steelers and he sucks now. Nobody is arguing that the team was mediocre. Just BA. Nobody is saying anything about LeBeau's defense. Just that BA sucks.

lloydwoodson
11-24-2012, 07:38 AM

Dick Lebeau's defense did contribute a touchdown and more than 100 yards in the only Superbowl win under Arians without which the Steelers have no Superbowl wins under Arians.

steeltheone
11-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Arians is gone, we will now see how much success we have.

FanSince72
11-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Dick Lebeau's defense did contribute a touchdown and more than 100 yards in the only Superbowl win under Arians without which the Steelers have no Superbowl wins under Arians.

Yes but isn't it ironic that in that one Super Bowl win, the OC who ended up losing was... (drumroll...) Todd Haley! (cymbal crash)

So let's check out the score:

Arians is 1-1 in Super Bowls while Haley is 0-1.
Of course if you add that Arians was the WR coach for Cowher in '05, that would make 2 SB wins.

And let's not forget that he was Peyton Manning's first QB coach and Manning turned out OK as did Ben and now Andrew Luck.

Hmmm...

Two of the best QB's in the business and now one who will likely join that list all coached by Bruce Arians.
Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence but three times is a trend.

But hey, if you say he sucks, then I guess he sucks. :noidea:

Millers the sh!t
11-24-2012, 08:38 AM
Yes but isn't it ironic that in that one Super Bowl win, the OC who ended up losing was... (drumroll...) Todd Haley! (cymbal crash)

So let's check out the score:

Arians is 1-1 in Super Bowls while Haley is 0-1.
Of course if you add that Arians was the WR coach for Cowher in '05, that would make 2 SB wins.

And let's not forget that he was Peyton Manning's first QB coach and Manning turned out OK as did Ben and now Andrew Luck.

Hmmm...

Two of the best QB's in the business and now one who will likely join that list all coached by Bruce Arians.
Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence but three times is a trend.

But hey, if you say he sucks, then I guess he sucks. :noidea:

Omg, this was funnier than Teegres Rex Ryan/B. Arians bit.

Are you Bruce Arians Fansince72 ?

Buddha Bus
11-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Well, I guess you're right if one considers five winning seasons and two Super Bowl appearances "mediocre"..

And with your logic I guess Charlie Batch is a large part of the reason for the same since he was here during that same time period? :hunch:

While Charlie played a part in helping us out occasionally, he didn't have a direct impact on the vast majority of the games during that time any more than Brucie did. Sure, Bruce once in a blue moon pulled his head out of his ass long enough to call a competent game (last season's Pats game comes to mind), but they were very few and far between. By and large, the defense bailed his sorry ass out more often than not.

Considering the talent he had to work with we should have been a top 5 offense in the league and we were nowhere near that at any time during his tenure here. He was the main reason this offense underperformed for those 5 seasons. It has been rehashed here and plenty of other places ad nauseum with example upon example of his utter stupidity (not using a true fullback, underusing the RBs, not practicing for 4-3 defenses, forcing players to follow his schemes instead of building schemes around their strengths, etc., etc., etc.).

There's no denying that the offense is already performing better under Haley in less than one season than it was during the 5 seasons Airhead was here. That's not an accident, but the conception of B.A. was and his parents should be beaten for it.

Saying that Bruce Arians' offensive genius was a major reason why the Steelers were so successful the past 5 years is like saying the Baltimore Ravens rode the arm of Trent Dilfer to the Super Bowl XXXV Lombardi trophy.

FanSince72
11-24-2012, 03:49 PM
And with your logic I guess Charlie Batch is a large part of the reason for the same since he was here during that same time period? :hunch:

While Charlie played a part in helping us out occasionally, he didn't have a direct impact on the vast majority of the games during that time any more than Brucie did. Sure, Bruce once in a blue moon pulled his head out of his ass long enough to call a competent game (last season's Pats game comes to mind), but they were very few and far between. By and large, the defense bailed his sorry ass out more often than not.

Considering the talent he had to work with we should have been a top 5 offense in the league and we were nowhere near that at any time during his tenure here. He was the main reason this offense underperformed for those 5 seasons. It has been rehashed here and plenty of other places ad nauseum with example upon example of his utter stupidity (not using a true fullback, underusing the RBs, not practicing for 4-3 defenses, forcing players to follow his schemes instead of building schemes around their strengths, etc., etc., etc.).

There's no denying that the offense is already performing better under Haley in less than one season than it was during the 5 seasons Airhead was here. That's not an accident, but the conception of B.A. was and his parents should be beaten for it.

Saying that Bruce Arians' offensive genius was a major reason why the Steelers were so successful the past 5 years is like saying the Baltimore Ravens rode the arm of Trent Dilfer to the Super Bowl XXXV Lombardi trophy.

When did I call Arians an offensive genius?
All I asked was why everyone hates him so much and all I get is a bunch equivocating bullshit because nobody can bring themselves to simply admit that Arians wasn't a bad coach.

Or the one I love is when someone points out how all those winning years were because of Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) rather than Arians' offense.

OK, so let's get this straight...

When we're talking about the Defense, it's all about Lebeau (genuflecting) and not about Harrison, Woodley, Polamalu, etc..
But when we're talking about the Offense, it's the QB and the receivers that made it what it was and Arians was just upholstery.

Is that about right?

Do you guys actually read what you write? :sofunny: :rofl:

GoFor7
11-24-2012, 04:05 PM
All I asked was why everyone hates him so much and all I get is a bunch equivocating bullshit because nobody can bring themselves to simply admit that Arians wasn't a bad coach.

Or the one I love is when someone points out how all those winning years were because of Dick LeBeau's Defense (genuflecting) rather than Arians' offense.

When we're talking about the Defense, it's all about Lebeau (genuflecting) and not about Harrison, Woodley, Polamalu, etc..
But when we're talking about the Offense, it's the QB and the receivers that made it what it was and Arians was just upholstery.

Is that about right?

BOOOOOO! Yinz think da stiller defense stinks! BOOOOOOOOOOO! Yinz just want to pass da ball every down! Yinz only care bout Ben's stats! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Now excuse me while ah go to da doctor n'at. Everytime ah read yinz posts my knee jerks and bangs against sumthin.

The_Joker
11-24-2012, 04:15 PM
So am I. He was garbage.

tanda10506
11-24-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm sure any OC would rather be a HC anywhere else. From a career stand point, and with as tight as the Colts locker room is right now, I can see why Arians ( a previous cancer survivor) would be thankful to be there. That said, he did it as a cheap shot like the arrogant dbag he is.

I don't mean this as a cheap shot nor do I wish anything bad for Coach Pagano, but his illness is the best thing that happened for the team. All these new players under a new HC and a new OC who couldn't get an offense led by big Ben and the top WR corps in football better then 20th in scoring, yet he thinks Steeler fans are going to think that he is the reason for their success....nonsense. The Colts have a legit shot because that is a tight knit locker room, everybody is playing for the guy next to them and the guy in the hospital, and that's what I mean by that was the best thing that happened to the team. A LOT of teams have beat unbelievable odds just by playing with more heart then the other team.

That being said, the feeling is mutual. I'm not saying Arians lost us the SB vs the Packers, but I will say he kept us from winning. Mendy's fumble, Wallace's poor route running, etc. all played a role in the loss. But if Arians would have attacked their backup CB's after Williams and Woodson went out, we would have won that SB, even after Mendy's fumble and Ben's early mistakes. It was a 6 point game and not only would we have converted on that final drive, but we would have scored again earlier. Arians was a burden to what could have been a true dynasty IMO.

*To be clear, I've lost family to cancer and in know way am making light of his situation or of the disease.

tanda10506
11-24-2012, 06:05 PM
I like how the topic above this one is about how we have beaten the Browns 16 out of the last 17 times. It's funny cause that loss (2009) was COMPLETELY on Arians. Gale force winds, brutally cold, and even snowing at times if I remember correctly, yet Ben through the ball about 50 times. We ran the absolute least at the time where we should have been doing it on every possible play, and some consider that the beginning of the end for Ariians.

Buddha Bus
11-25-2012, 09:31 AM

I gave you several reasons why people disliked him. If you can't accept that, that's on you. Keep apologizing away for him though if it makes you feel better.

And yes, he was a bad coach.

By and large, that is the truth. The team won in spite of Arians and his bonehead playcalling because of the defense and the raw talent of the offense. What I find humorous is that everyone speaks about Ben and his "schoolyard" type of playing and his ability to stretch plays out once the play breaks down. He did it regularly under Arians.

It seems to me if he had to do that as often as we saw him do it, that means Arians' play yielded nothing. It was Ben's ability to extend a play and make something happen with the help of his receivers. It wasn't Arians' superior playcalling ability finding the weaknesses in the defense. It was Ben running around shaking off tackles until guys were able to find a soft spot on their own.

Is that about right?

I give equal credit to the defensive personnel as well. It was LeBeau and his defensive players that were that good. You rarely saw them out of position and they were playing as a disciplined unit, unlike the offense under Arians.

I also stated that occasionally Arians could call a great game, but the following week he would always fall right back into his pattern of deep drops for bombs down the field with a shaky o-line. The run game would disappear because he wouldn't stick with it whether it was working or not. No amount of people apologizing or excuse making for him will ever negate what I saw with my own eyes... an arrogant, stubborn, and at times inept coordinator.

I guarantee you that without Ben at the helm doing what he was capable of doing under Bruce, we would not have enjoyed nearly as much success on offense or as a team. Can you say that about any one player on the defense? LeBeau's defense would still have been great without a Troy or Harrison.

FanSince72
11-25-2012, 05:48 PM
I gave you several reasons why people disliked him. If you can't accept that, that's on you. Keep apologizing away for him though if it makes you feel better.

And yes, he was a bad coach.

Yeah right.

And now Arians who's wearing two hats (OC and Head Coach) along with a rookie QB is 7-4 and we're 6-5 and coming off a game with EIGHT turnovers.

Two or three turnovers is just a bad day and can happen to anyone but EIGHT?
And I suppose none of that reflects badly upon the OC? Unless of course Arians was still here in which case you'd all be lining up to carve him a new one because of how lousy a coach he is.
Are all of those turnovers the players' fault or could it have something to do with the play-calling?
Christ, I don't believe that we EVER had EIGHT turnovers under Arians.
I'd like to say that was because maybe Arians actually knew what he was doing, but of course I'd be wrong because he sucks.

And please don't tell me that this joke of an offensive performance (in both meanings of the word: "offensive") was because we didn't have Ben.
We didn't have him for the first four games in 2010 and we went 3-1 in that stretch. Maybe this current sad state of affairs has something to do with Haley or maybe it doesn't. But Arians could certainly have done at least as well (or at least as poorly).
Arians put together a pretty good record in the five years he was here and he had a hand in helping to develop two great QB's and is now well on his way to doing the same with a third and he's 7-4 and his team is on its way up.

So you can say Arians sucks all you want but his record says differently and he's proving it as we speak.

MACH1
11-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Arians sucks!

uclkyle
11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Finally I agree with AB. I'm glad he was fired too.

FanSince72
11-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Arians sucks!

:blah: :rofl: :sofunny: :applaudit:

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
So you can say Arians sucks all you want but his record says differently and he's proving it as we speak.

his players are doing it and theyre doing it for their REAL HC, chuck pagano.

not arians.

but arians apologists will be sure to give him all the credit, and arians being arians will be sure to take it. :thumbsup:

FanSince72
11-25-2012, 06:09 PM
his players are doing it and theyre doing it for their REAL HC, chuck pagano.

not arians.

but arians apologists will be sure to give him all the credit, and arians being arians will be sure to take it. :thumbsup:

And I suppose he doesn't deserve at least SOME of the credit?

Please. :doh:

Why don't you take a step back and smell what you're shoveling?

And no one has to apologize for BA because there's nothing to apologize for. He's doing well because he's a good coach and the "Arians sucks" diatribe simply doesn't fly anymore (as if it ever did).

tony hipchest
11-25-2012, 06:20 PM

And no one has to apologize for BA because there's nothing to apologize for. He's doing well because he's a good coach and the "Arians sucks" diatribe simply doesn't fly anymore (as if it ever did).

to be frank, the majority on this board (and all across steelernation) would say it is you with the shovel in hand. :noidea:

arians hasnt been fired (or retired) yet and for that, i commend him. :hatsoff:

but giving him credit is akin to giving leukemia credit, and i'd prefer not to go there.

whe are you going to admit arians has a big fat mouth and just needs to keep it shut? that in itself makes him look more like an idiot other than some of his gameplans, adjustments, and overall offensive philosophy to run the wheels off ben.

:hunch:

harrison'samonster
11-25-2012, 06:22 PM

I think Arians deserves some credit for Indy's success this year, he's putting in hard work. But I wouldn't use Indy's success to say that he's a good coach or to try and refute the 5 years of evidence that claims he's somewhat less than a genius.

Buddha Bus
11-25-2012, 07:25 PM
Yeah right.

And now Arians who's wearing two hats (OC and Head Coach) along with a rookie QB is 7-4 and we're 6-5 and coming off a game with EIGHT turnovers.

Two or three turnovers is just a bad day and can happen to anyone but EIGHT?
And I suppose none of that reflects badly upon the OC? Unless of course Arians was still here in which case you'd all be lining up to carve him a new one because of how lousy a coach he is.
Are all of those turnovers the players' fault or could it have something to do with the play-calling?
Christ, I don't believe that we EVER had EIGHT turnovers under Arians.
I'd like to say that was because maybe Arians actually knew what he was doing, but of course I'd be wrong because he sucks.

And please don't tell me that this joke of an offensive performance (in both meanings of the word: "offensive") was because we didn't have Ben.
We didn't have him for the first four games in 2010 and we went 3-1 in that stretch. Maybe this current sad state of affairs has something to do with Haley or maybe it doesn't. But Arians could certainly have done at least as well (or at least as poorly).
Arians put together a pretty good record in the five years he was here and he had a hand in helping to develop two great QB's and is now well on his way to doing the same with a third and he's 7-4 and his team is on its way up.

You're as wrong about this as your undying love for Brucie. The loss today was on the players AND the coaches. The only respectable part of that game was on the defensive side of the ball and Heath and Sanders showed up. Everyone else deserves a good thirty lashings with a strip of wet rawhide.

I can give credit where credit is due and blame the same way. Tomlin didn't have this team ready to play, Haley called a suspect game, and the players on offense (other than the two I mentioned) shit the bed royally. Special teams didn't help either with garbage field position because apparently no one feels the need to block for our returners.

Turnovers are on the players, period. Especially when it's fumbles because they don't protect the ball well enough. A coach can't come onto the field and help them secure it. Even though the playcalling was bad, the turnovers are owned by the players.

But hey, don't let me stop you from pumping up Arians' record that he acquired on the backs of a great defense and QB that made plays in spite of him. It's really a nice work of fiction you have going there and I'm sure that book deal is just over the horizon.:wink02:

BKAnthem
11-26-2012, 12:05 PM
I never wanted him hired in the first place...Crennel fired him in Cleveland where also sucked first...i think Tomlin was just being lazy hiring him, and then let Arians sucker him into hiring his buddy Larry (flynt) Zeirlein

AndyWitmyer
11-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Bruce Arians Is Thankful He Was Fired

Bruce and I agree on something - whodathunkit???

AndyWitmyer
11-26-2012, 04:36 PM
but giving him credit is akin to giving leukemia credit

That's not being very fair to leukemia - it is often a struggle to beat leukemia - you can't really say the same thing about an Arian's offense.

steelfury02
11-27-2012, 10:03 AM
two sure things in this life

leukemia being a bitch
and an Arians offense throwing 20-30 yard routes on 3rd and 1, into gusting winds.